[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is football just an escapism from our shitty lives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1448581059423.jpg (191 KB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
1448581059423.jpg
191 KB, 1959x1469
Is football just an escapism from our shitty lives?
>>
>>67341047
depends how into it you are. as long as you never turn into something like this, it's all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMxiGI7Rhlo
>>
Why would he have a jar of peanut butter just sitting there on the desk?
>>
For me? Definitely e.g. see flag.
>>
If that's the case, sports in 4chan is escapism in escapism: metaescapism.
>>
>>67341047
Kind of. I only watch so much football because it's something that I don't have to pay much attention to.
I can't watch movies and don't even watch much anime anymore but footy is easy to passively watch
>>
yeah, it provides some emotion our (or at least my) pathetic daily routine severely lacks
>>
File: kawai.jpg (865 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
kawai.jpg
865 KB, 608x1070
Of all the forms of escapism, anime is the worst.
>>
>>67341047
Yes. All sports are.
>>
Yes. Just like alcohol
>>
Yes 2bh
>>
>>67341047
Let's change the question, as it obviously is. We live in a society were people try to avoid how devoid of a meaning their lives are. Why do we avoid real life? It's true that for some, their reason lurks in real life being too difficult andwawabla, the ones that never tried, but what about those that dedicate themselves to a task, and regardless of their accomplishment still feel empty? Now, here comes the really fucked up part. Isn't EVERY ACTION, EVERY IDEAL AND DREAM a form of escapism from an existence of which we know nothing at all, neither our purposes or any possible explanation to how we linger about, seemingly forever, in wires that reach to a destination that expands to the point that we could never see
>>
>>67341047
Isn't all entertainment in the end escapism?
>>
File: 1455465934019.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455465934019.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>67341391
you mean best
>>
>>67341124
to eat
>>
It's a bonus addition to our already brilliant lives
>>
>>67341327
Go out for an espresso at one of those comfy sidewalk cafes that seem to be everywhere in Italy
>>
>>67341477
this
>>
>>67341047
why would a soccer player need to ice his arm?
>>
>>67341118
Is he autistic lads?
>>
>>67341047
There's literally nothing wrong with escapism. Everyone does it, just in different forms.
>>
Mostly. I have nothing to do on weekends so football gets me through those days.

>tfw no gf
>tfw m8s never invite you anywhere

;_;
>>
Anyone living in the West in this era does a lot of escapism.

For the vast majority life has no meaning anymore. Its too easy and too controlled.
>>
>>67345524
from jerkin it because a woman will never touch him
>>
>>67345634
this desu senpai
>>
>>67341047
>Is football just an escapism from our shitty lives?
The Super Bowl is something to look forward to every year.
>>
Who cares

you would just fill the hole with somthing eles if it wasnt football.Like gambling or drinking, at least its somthing harmless like football
>>
>>67341047
If you're the kind of 'supporter' who doesn't go to matches, only watches streams online and wanks at half time then yeah.

Definitely not if you actually go to matches regularly, get pissed with your mates, go on away days with all your mates. Get pissed in some northern shithole, finger a slag, go home repeat.
>>
>>67341047
Yes to be honest.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.