[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where will Leicester finish next season lads? Will they win
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Vardy.jpg (113 KB, 962x625) Image search: [Google]
Vardy.jpg
113 KB, 962x625
Where will Leicester finish next season lads?

Will they win it again or flop?
>>
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they got relegated desu.

Seems like the ridiculous thing that would happen.
>>
they'll win the community shield, the fa cup, the league cup, the champions league and get relegated, all in the same season
>>
CL winners
>>
mid table, they will get to the quarter finals of the CL and semis of the following Europa campaign
>>
>>67312482

I'm guessing midtable
>>
honestly they are just a really good team, no memes invovled

europa league finish imo
>>
>>67312482
Paddy Power has them at 33/1 to win it next year.

Worth a cheeky grand.
>>
4th
>>
Mahrez and Kante will be sold

New players (most likely cast offs from the biggest clubs) will be brought in that have an ego and don't fit in to the locker room atmosphere

Balancing the league and the CL will be a struggle

Prediction: 7th-10th
>>
PSG will buy Kante for £40mil
Bayern will buy Mahrez for £35mil
Shitty will buy Vardy for £60mil

So the question will be how well Ranieri spends this warchest
>>
14th is about their level
>>
>>67312543

not this summer they won't, new TV deal kicks in next season which will BTFO of every other league's money
>>
>>67312562
>implying they will leave in the first season and not want to play CL with lestah
>>
Well they can't possibly have the injury luck they did this, not just because of the law of averages but the extra games they'll have to play and lack of week long gaps between every game. But they have the platform to build on their squad in such a way that they shouldn't be entirely BTFO by it.

At the same time, Pep will spend a fortune, Maureen will spend a fortune, I think even Wenger will be given a kick up the arse by Leicester's success. Plus Chelsea can't possibly be this shit again and I can't see Spurs not being involved in, at least, the race for the top 4.

I think Leicester will outdo Blackburn, who finished 7th, in their title defence, but not by much.
>>
>>67312482
How poor is Leicester?
>>
If the core group of players stay (and I think they will at least this next year), I say they finish 7th. The increased workload and travel will force Ranieri to use more differing lineups and formations due to players' rest being decreased. Also, the thought of injuries increase when more matches are played. The big money teams are all going to go nuts in the summer (except for Arsenal, natch) and Leicester have a huge target on their back.
>>
With the added CL games they'll need more depth in the squad, which will inevitably lower their quality and consistency. They got away with a lot of cheeky one goal lead wins, which won't be so easy next season. That, and smaller sides will play more on the defence now that Leicester is no longer an underdog.
>>
>>67312543
>>67312562
No one will leave, they win because great teamwork, they won't release their full potential in other teams
>>
>>67312624
they have thai billionaire owners

they have as much money as barca/man city/chelski but are just spending a lot less
>>
>>67312482
Like what happens with every good team from a low value club, they will get picked apart for their best players and promptly forgotten.

The worst part of modern football and makes it difficult to supporter anyone without a super wealthy owner.
>>
They'll all stay except Mahrez, continued cohesion and love and underdog spirit 'll get them roughly 5-8th in league and to semis at least in CL

i promise you
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.