[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play like shit for 4 months >just about scrape your way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>play like shit for 4 months
>just about scrape your way into """playoffs"""
>fluke 4 wins
>get crowned champions
This unironically happens in American """""sports"""""
A team that people consider to be not even top 10 can unironically be a champion in burgeria
LITERALLY how can you defend this Amerifats?
>>
muh entertaiment
>>
We like to give all participants a chance so as not to offend anyone in the league
>>
And that is why the NFL is shit, thanks for noticing. Now, however, the NBA's, MLB's and NHL's champions are significantly more legitimate than divegrass' and handegg's any day of the week. Playoffs that actually deserve that name are the most legitimate way of deciding a champion.

>inb4 "cuck" "big stronk American cock" etc
Just keep your dignity and accept the facts.
>>
>>67312298
Almost every sports in Europe have play offs too. Only divegrass and handball don't.
>>
>>67312337
This. I mean, I can't think of a time when an absolute shit team won the NBA playoffs. But you need to win 4 potential 7 game series so it's not as easy as just fluking 4 wins.

I don't follow NFL, but how do their playoffs work?
>>
>>67312298
No you're right, we should just have long ass regular season
>0-0ball
>>
>>67313171
Goals don't paint the full picture of a game
>>
>>67312872
NFL: six divisions (3 AFC, 3 NFC) where the winners all go to the playoffs. Next best 2 teams from each conf (2 AFC, 2 NFC) are the wild cards. They play one game against the other wild card from their conference, loser goes home. So you have 8 teams in the playoffs, and it's a single elim tourney from there, with each matchup being a single game, loser goes home. So once you're in, you must win 3 games in a row (4 for a wild card team) to win the superb owl.

I think it's gay that each ROUND in the NBA and NHL playoffs is a 7 game series with at LEAST one rest day between each game. Like fuck if there's no travel could you at least play those games on consecutive days? Why does it have to be so fucking drawn out. inb4 tv ratings
>>
>>67313216
Eight divisions, you mongoloid. Four from each conference, two "wild card".
>>
>>67313186
> spend 90+ minutes watching a sporting event
> nobody wins
Shit sport is shit
>>
>>67313216
>its gay that each round is 7 games

when you say thats so gay do you realize what you say?
>>
>>67312298
It's called being clutch.
>>
>>67313243
fuck i knew that sounded off kek
>>
>>67312298
They fucking ruined Rugby League with this shit.
>>
>>67312298
Unlike your poverty sport that your national identity is tied to, we don't really care about international competition. Especially not baseball which is mostly amateur on the international level.
>>
>>67312298
>team sucks
>dead last mid season
>keep playing like shit
>start losing on purpose with fans encouraging this behavior
>get awarded with number one draft pick instead of being relegated
American """"""""""""sports"""""""""""" in a nutshell.
>>
>>67312337
>win 4 teams out of 31 4 times
>win the title

It's like the shittiest way that is possible. By beating 4 random teams you're the champion.

You must be refugee or something because that shit doesn't make sense.
>>
>>67312298
>draw against multiple teams, dont actually outright beat them
>win a couple of games
>DURR DEY DA BEST TEAM IN DA LEAGUE

its funny cause I swear to god I saw nothing but yurocucks saying that the only reason leicester won this season is because the big teams shit the bed.

So they actually arent the best team in the league, they just had a lucky year.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.