[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>team A plays a soccer game and everyone gets a participation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1442886921315.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1442886921315.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>team A plays a soccer game and everyone gets a participation ribbon cuz it's a tie
>team B plays a soccer game where everyone gets a participation ribbon cuz it's a tie
>team C wins the championship as a result

Yuropoors will defend this.
>>
I have no idea what you're getting at. Are you talking about Leicester winning because Spurs tied? What the fuck else was going to happen. They have the points from a better season.
>>
>>67311316
burgers prefer 10 irrelevant months then 2 weeks where it's "HYPEEE XDDD"
>>
>>67311292
>participation ribbon
Kek
>>
>Burger """""""comprehension""""""""""
>>
>>67311292
>gets a participation ribbon cuz it's a tie

You'd prefer it if only a losing team got one, right?
>>
>nfl game tied after 4 quarters
>overtime
>flip a coin to see who goes on offence first
>team A scores on offence
>team A wins

Congrats. I didnt think it was possible for something to be more anticlimatic than a fucking drawn game
>>
>team a wins all matches
>team b wins half matches
>they both have as much chance of winning the league
Americans will defend this system
>>
>>67311399
b b b b b but homefield advantage
>>
Anyone have a link so I can watch the highlights of the championship game Leicester won?
>>
>>67311399
b-b-but t-the h-hype

e-europoors have n-nothing close

>ignoring the multitude of cup competitions in football
>>
>>67311399
>"The libruls are raising a generation of fags who can't handle failure by giving out participation trophies. But I can't wait to see who is the #1 draft pick!"
>>
>>67311292
A 0-0 can be a thrilling game to watch to0 0sometimes, Ameriblobs will have there tiny minds blown by this.
>>
Yes, this is because of the specific format of a club league.

See, in this kind of competition all teams will play a total of 2 games against eachother: one game at their home stadium, another game in the other team's stadium.

The goal is simple: whichever team has the most points at the end of the season will be crowned champions.

But now the hard part will start for you. Because there is no play-off system, you need to be able to track other team's performances at the same time in order to calculate a team's chances to win the title. It will take some practice to wrap your head around it.

As the season draws to a close, the amount of games -and thus the amount of points to be won- will be limited. This slims down the number of possible scenario's. A given team may have gained a significant lead in points that exceeds the maximum amount of points the second-ranked team can accumulate over the remaining games. In this context, team A can be crowned champions if team B fails to win the minimum amount of points to keep their mathematical possibilities of winning the title real.

I know this is a lot to process right now, but soon enough you'll get a hang of it. Good luck, Amerifriend!
>>
It's almost like when one team clinches the conference because the team below them loses
>>
>World Champions
>>
File: 1462223379312.jpg (113 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1462223379312.jpg
113 KB, 480x480
>lets have a season that doesnt mean shit
>muh playoffs is real deal
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.