[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Two teams fighting for the league >Chelsea still have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
File: Chelsea-14-15-Home-Kit-4.jpg (133 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Chelsea-14-15-Home-Kit-4.jpg
133 KB, 1024x724
>Two teams fighting for the league
>Chelsea still have to play both of them
>Chelsea potentially deciding who wins
>Players openly state who they want to win the league

Should the FA punish Chelsea for throwing the integrity of the game?
Points deducted? A fine?
>>
>inb4 butthurt spurs fan
I'm not, but you can still see how scummy the whole situation was. especially when Chelsea have been a waste of space all season and only NOW decide to turn up
>>
>>67310886
Punish Chelsea for not losing to Spurs after saying they didn't want to lose to Spurs?
>>
no because they can't exactly 'choose' to stop spurs winning, it's spurs' fault for fucking up a 2-0 lead and looking like total thugs in the process.
>>
How did they throw the integrity of the game? They tried they hardest against the Spurs and got a draw. Should they be punished for trying hard?

You would have a point if they blatantly threw the game against Leicester but now it's irrelevant
>>
Hey at least they play open and lose 0-2 at first instead play with 10-0-0 mourinho style
>>
>>67310886
Maybe Spurs should scored more goals.

Maybe Spurs should not have drawn against West Brom.

Maybe Spurs should have beaten 10 men Arsenal.
>>
>>67310886
No.

see:
>>67310904
>>67310903

If Chelsea played Leceister first and phoned it in, you'd have a point. But they played Spurs first and tried their hardest as you would reasonably expect them to in any other game
>>
>>67310886
only if the title was still to be decided on the last day of the season and chelsea fielded kids, then maybe. but now the title is decided, we'll never know
>>
>>67310938
There's nothing wrong with fielding kids either

Look at the teams Man Utd put out in 2012/13 after they won the title, even though SAF said something about still respecting that other teams had stuff to play for

There's literally no rule against resting your better players for games that don't affect you.
>>
>>67310886
youre an idiot

what do you think is gonna happen? fine them for trying too hard against spuds?

you might have had a point if they lost to spuds and clearly let lestah win
>>
>>67310952
There is though it just isn't enforced often
>>
If it had gone to the final day and it was obvious Chelsea were just letting Leicester win, then there definitely would have been some form of punishment. I remember Wolves getting fined for putting out a severely weakened team against Man Utd because he wanted to rest them for a more important game.

I reckon Chelsea would have tried v Leicester, but once they go behind or it's still a draw after 70 minutes their heads will drop.
>>
>>67310962
No there isn't,

For example if it went to the last game of the season and Chelsea played
>Falcao; Kenedy, Oscar, Traore; Mikel, Loftus-Cheek; Azpilicueta, Miazga, Terry, Ivanovic; Begovic

Spurs fans would have rioted, but there's literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>67310989
Yep, the only way that there would have been a punishment would be if John Terry spent the whole game vs Leicester blooting in own goals
>>
>>67310886
>Should the FA punish Chelsea for throwing the integrity of the game?

Scoring goals is throwing the integrity of the game since when?
>>
>>67310989
Yes there is

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wolverhampton_wanderers/8521603.stm

It just isn't enforced often like I said
>>
>>67310886
If it was the last day of the season and Chelsea threw the match so that Leicester would win, then it may be a problem. But as it stands, Tottenham threw away a 2 goal lead against a mid-table club and chimped out.
>>
Man I swear Chelsea fans had a blast last night.

Killing Tottenhams only chance at winning the League in 50 years in the 83'rd minute and chanting Leicester City at them must have been dope.

Can't wait to see Leicester play their last game against Chelsea.

Will be a brotier game.

Ranieri might pull a cheeky signing from Chelsea.
>>
Sperm is such a disgusting team.

https://streamable.com/7b9b?t=24.2
>>
>>67312004
That was one of the best parts of the game, the Chelsea fans fully supported Leicester, not only because they wanted to shag Tottenham's chances, but also because any football fan can appreciate what they're doing.

Can you imagine how fucking hard the Chelsea players must have been laughing in the dressing room after the match. Top lel. Probably laughed as hard as the Leicester players celebrated.
>>
>>67310912
when mourinho does it
>le parking le bus

when simeone does it
>defensive counterattacking master class
>>
>>67310886
>>67310897

No, because they played to the best of their ability against Spurs. The idea of them trying against Spurs and throwing the game against Leicester is sketchy as fuck, but it's irrelevant now that Leicester have already won the league.
>>
>>67310886
>The FA should fine Chelsea for not wanting their local rivals to win the league
>>
>>67312148
when ranieri does it
>brave underdog fairytale
>>
Chelsea achieved fuck all. The title race was over after Spurs v West Brom
>>
>>67310886
Lester would have won against Everton anyway so I dont get what the big deal is.

Also chelsea have been shit all season, if Tottenham drew against them they were just as much at risk of drawing/losing against west brom and even newcastle
>>
>>67312187
>west brom

southampton*******
>>
>>67312183
Home record against Spurs still intact, after their best season in 50 years and our worst since glen hoddle, AND they were 2-0 at half time.

I'd call that an achievement
>>
>>67312217
and cucking Spurs was the main goal, so you lads achieved quite a bit
>>
File: re.jpg (8 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
8 KB, 250x164
>>67310886 (op)
why is this thread still alive?
>>
>>67312217
*sigh*

Ok Chelsea achieved fuck all IN TERMS OF THE TITLE RACE.
I didn't think I had to spell that out.

Yeah they can celebrate winning a point after being 2-0 down but they didn't win the league for Leicester they just changed the day on which it happened.
>>
>>67312238
Pretty much
>>
the most important part is that Spurs had "an incredible season" and walked away with zero (0) trophies
>>
>>67312238
Of course Leicester probably would have won it anyway but officially speaking, they did.
>>
>>67312249

But they're back in the Champions League with the youngest team in the league, pretty good season all things considered.
>>
Teams are fucking expected to win games you retard, you can't call Chelsea scummy when they actually played well. On the contrary, teams have been punished before for not taking the game serious enough. Shit Chelsea weren't even the problem (though they usually are) as Spurs lost their cool and thought it would be big and clever to kick the shit out of their opponents. Hope Dembele gets a big fat fine
>>
>>67312238
Chelsea fans don't give a shit about Leicester, we only care about fucking Spurs best chance in over half a century. The fact that Claudio manages Leicester is just a bonus. I don't think you quite understand the rivalry between Spurs and Chelsea
>>
>>67312249
>le trophies are the only gauge of achievement meme

maybe long term. you can have a great season and not win a trophy. if burnley finish next season in 4th with no trophies are you gonna try and say it's not incredible?
>>
>>67312288
t. Spurs fan

They'll be fun to watch in the CL though, but their league form will suffer for it
>>
>>67312309
>finish 2/3 places higher than usual
>incredible, just incredible

that comparison is nonsense as well

Spurs have a bright future but it's been a good season for them, nothing more
>>
>>67312294
that's the point you rentboy fuck, you didn't fuck over anyone. the title was already effectively out of tottenham's reach.
>>
>>67312333
>This guy
Take it you haven't been watching football very long if that's what you think
>>
>>67312330
>implying that going from eternal 5th to 2nd place isn't a big jump
>disregarding the huge progress in their play and style
>>
Clattemburg was there exactly to balance the situation and let Spurs get away with shit that was going to get them red cards in any other game.
>>
>>67312348
had spurs won, they still would have been 5 points behind with 2 games to go. leicester have lost 3 games all season.

just because it was mathematically possible doesn't mean that there was still a title race on.

everyone knew this already. did you see the spurs players after the west brom game? heartbroken. did you see them after the chelsea game? they were just like
>congrats to leicester but we're on the right track
>>
>>67310952
You can get charged by the FA for making too many changes to your first team unless you have an injury crisis it used to happens lots of times in the past
>>
>be chelsea
>play team that's 8 points off the top with 3 games to go
>rescue a draw
>act like you're the ones who stopped them winning the league

kek.

K E K
E
K
>>
>>67312361
>huge progress

more meme pressing and fancy football, yes.
they still have lots of mentality issues and are too reliant on Alderweireld/Eriksen/Kane to perform. the former had a weak performance last night and it really showed. most teams around them have underperformed and by contrast they've looked much better. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop at least two or three places next year, but then, I wouldn't be surprised if they won the title either. I'm not shitting on them, they've been good this season, don't get me wrong, but their fans act like they've been excellent when they've just been good overall
>>
>>67312449
This. The squad didn't have leader figure, they keep spilling the spaghetti when it's matter (Arsenal, West Brom, Chelsea game)
>>
>>67310897
they turned up twice against arsenal so should we give the gunners 6 points now?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.