[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concerning; Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Americans.gif (2 MB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
Americans.gif
2 MB, 245x230
How do Americans not understand the concept of a league?

>muh team a tied to team b but team c won
Idiots. Team A are Leicester because they are top of the table. Team B and Team J tied and got less points than Team A.

It's a 38 game season. Each team plays the rest of the league twice to see who is best. Whoever has the most points at the end wins.
Leicester have won more games than anyone else in the league

What is so difficult about this
>>
I am about to blow your mind here: they do understand it. They also realise it's a pretty shitty way of determining a champion.
>>
File: EnglishGoalkeeping.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
EnglishGoalkeeping.gif
3 MB, 300x169
>>67310807
Germany is right. It's your own confirmation bias, lad.
>>
>getting memed on by amerilards
have a word with yourself m8
>>
File: led zeppelin chateau marmont.jpg (95 KB, 468x601) Image search: [Google]
led zeppelin chateau marmont.jpg
95 KB, 468x601
>>67310807
>They also realise it's a pretty shitty way of determining a champion.

...but why??
>>
it's just butthurt americans shitposting because our sport rules /sp/ as always
>>
>>67310791
they do get it their just trying to wind us up
>>
You do realize it's possible to understand something and still disagree right?
>>
>>67310807
No it's not.
It's the only way to make all games matter instead of just serving as playoff spots.
>>
Why do brits suffer from such a inferiority complex that they have to argue about something that doesn't matter.

Keep your pouncy league and let us keep our rigged playoffs
>>
>>67310855
except they only matter to the teams at the top or bottom of the table. for the other teams its just showing up to collect a tv check.
>>
Americans hate parity despite calling for it. Leicester win the league but they think the system is stupid. Stephen Curry makes the Golden State Warriors relevant, they want him to have a career ending injury.
>>
File: 1462248251607.jpg (212 KB, 1751x672) Image search: [Google]
1462248251607.jpg
212 KB, 1751x672
>>
>>67310880
curry dickrider please stay in /nba/
>>
>>67310875
Not really. You still play for Europa League places if you're mid-table. And we never have teams start tanking
>>
>>67310875
>except they only matter to the teams at the top or bottom of the table.
You're right, there is absolutely no chance of Chelsea, for example, trying to get a result against a title chasing Tottenham side when they have nothing to play for themselves.

It's a retarded argument and I apologise on behalf of my fellow Eurobro.
>>
>>67310807
>>67310824
>>67310844
>he doesn't understand that op does get it but wants to expose the stupidity of Amerilards

He's operating at a higher level of irony than you plebs
>>
The >Eredivisie fixes this problem by sceduling all the teams to play at the same time for the last 2 fixtures
>>
>>67310880
this, burger double standard is hilarious
>>
>>67310984
expose? louis theroux got my mindset years ago
>>
File: conflictreolutionEY.jpg (67 KB, 925x583) Image search: [Google]
conflictreolutionEY.jpg
67 KB, 925x583
>>67311019
>Generalizations : the Thread.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.