[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT the reason you follow your team Dad used to live just outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 24
File: Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png (197 KB, 821x1023) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png
197 KB, 821x1023
ITT the reason you follow your team
Dad used to live just outside Crystal Palace before moving back home and meeting my mom. My grandparents on my dad's side are from Celtic city.
>>
File: pC1vq2Ql.jpg (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
pC1vq2Ql.jpg
84 KB, 512x512
They won.
>>
>>67310120
>Celtic City
do you mean Glasgow
>>
>>67310120
I was born and raised in a Celtic City with both my parents being big Celtic supporters but moved out for work and met some guys mom just outside Crystal Palace and now my wife and her son are pretty much /lifelong/ Palace supporters like myself.
>>
>Living outside "Crystal Palace"
>Celtic City
7/10 you made me reply
>>
>>67310120
man united
they are the ones i was born closest to, i grew up in a united area, i have family who support them as well
>>
File: Villa.png (108 KB, 699x1023) Image search: [Google]
Villa.png
108 KB, 699x1023
From Scotland. When i started watching English football i decided to pick a team that no one else in my school supported and didn't want to bandwagon Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Liverpool like the rest of the plebs.

It's been nothing but good times.
>>
File: morecambe-fc.jpg (33 KB, 320x373) Image search: [Google]
morecambe-fc.jpg
33 KB, 320x373
I live here
>>
>>67310120
Same, my parents came from the Orient so that's why we support Leyton Orient
>>
File: Barnsley_FC.svg.png (322 KB, 1013x1024) Image search: [Google]
Barnsley_FC.svg.png
322 KB, 1013x1024
I'm a masochist.
>>
>>67310173
Useless cunts. They've ruined so many of my BTTS bets. No wonder now that i've seen their stupid fucking badge.

Honestly, a fucking shrimp! Throw those cunts back in the sea where they belong.
>>
>celtic city
>>
>>67310186
And I bet your sister loves it
>>
my parents were brother and sister so i became a bolton fan
>>
File: Steke city.png (95 KB, 885x1024) Image search: [Google]
Steke city.png
95 KB, 885x1024
I don't really follow sports, but my wife's son follows these guys so i support them too.
>>
File: bobby.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bobby.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
>>67310234
;)
>>
I'm from golden state so ofc I support the dubs.
>>
File: the_sex.jpg (45 KB, 530x718) Image search: [Google]
the_sex.jpg
45 KB, 530x718
Sexy, cheeky cunts since the early nineties.
>>
I'm a scot who's ashamed of his country of birth so i support celtic and sing about the IRA instead of going to live in ireland because it's a shithole
>>
in australia everyone literally wanks over liverpool. so if you support any other club apart from tottenham or chelsea people are usually okay with you
>>
My dad was born in Schalke and my mum was born in Arsenal, but I was conceived in Ajax. That's why I support all 3 :)
>>
i'm black so naturally i support arsenal
>>
leicester had a group of hearty lads that played against all odds.

i d-dont know but that relates to me
>>
>>67310379
m8 what part of Ajax are you from?
>>
>>67310431
I never said I was from Ajax, only I was conceived there. I was born in Galatasaray.
>>
Support Arsenal because my dad does, and he started supporting them in 1972 because they lost the FA cup final and he felt sorry for them
>>
File: Cuckfield.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Cuckfield.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
Not really into sports as their a bit too violent for my tastes, but I support the same team as my wife. I've taken her son to a few games, he's a good boy.
>>
File: chelsea.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chelsea.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>67310120
I started watching the premier leagu a few seasons because bundes sucks and the only emotional connection with any of the teams was hating arsenal, so for startesrs I rooted against them, then my husbando joined chelsea and I found a home
>>
2000 was watching my first football game live - Leeds vs Chelsea with my dad. Dad was an ardent Leeds supporter. I told him I'll follow the winner of the match.
Chelsea won 1-0. In hindsight, lucky they won. Literally fuck Leeds lmao.

Everyone in Australia is either United, Liverpoo, Arsenal or Chelsea.
>>
>>67310748
Some City and Spuds fans too
>>
>>67310759
Yeah, saw Ledley King at the Hawks v Adelaide game.

Sammy Mitchell is a huge Spurs fan.
>>
my dads supported Chelsea all his life and works closely with abromavich so it just sort of happened
>>
>>67310120
Born and raised in Manchester, watched United all my life, surrounded by United fans
>>
File: Younes on a bike.jpg (128 KB, 563x705) Image search: [Google]
Younes on a bike.jpg
128 KB, 563x705
Dad, grandad, great grandad.

Being a Geordie Sunderland fan in the 90s was pretty grim, Newcastle top of the premier league while >we play Tranmere away to avoid relegation to the 3rd tier.
>>
File: 1456867697036.jpg (143 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
1456867697036.jpg
143 KB, 618x416
My great great great grandad born in Leicester
>>
My grandmother's sister lives a few hours from Leicester so I've been a supporter since 3 days ago.
>>
File: 22miles.jpg (360 KB, 1133x670) Image search: [Google]
22miles.jpg
360 KB, 1133x670
It's a few more miles to where the Union play, but you get the idea.
>>
Leicester because my grandfathers home elf's spirit animal was fox
>>
i was born here
>>
File: unnamed.png (90 KB, 362x406) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
90 KB, 362x406
>>67310120
Been going to their games since I was a kid
>>
Leicester because the first time 2 days ago I read it I found it to be a funny word
>>
File: 1024px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png (253 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png
253 KB, 1024x1024
Used to like FIFA games, and always played with them, i liked the colour, the name, the badge, it just fucking got inside me, i didn't even know they were one of the best teams, or that they were rich or whatnot, then i started watching their matches, learning more about them, finding out that they have barely won anything throughout their history, and decided to stick with them, and be there when they finally win the big one (CL), and both 2008 and 2009 were heartbreaking years for me, because of how close we were but not really, and i knew that one day we could do it.

I also really loved Lampsy, Drogba, Cech not only for their footballing qualities but because they were inspiring people, i love JT too for his attittude and his leadership and i couldn't care less how many people think he is >racist

That night in Munich was probably the happiest moment of my entire life, and it can never be reproduced.

And this season, we've been so excruciatingly bad and embarassing, but i have still stuck by, watched every single game, and grew closer to my team in these tough times.

So fuck all of you people who say we have no wans, we are plastics, we are bandwagones, or we will fuck off to City if Chelsea become shit, some of us aren't like that, i'd stick to this heap of shit of a team that it is right now, even if we actually relegated, because i cannot forget the happy moments it has brought me
>>
Lived here since I was a tot

2007-2008 was depressing but I like where the team is going as of now
>>
>>67312785

>Finish 9th
>Tough times

GTFO you plastic cunt. You know the exact sum of jack shit about 'tough times' try getting relegated to the old third division back when only the FA Cup final was televised, let alone lower league games, those were tough times.

Anyway, Villa fan born and bred. My family have been Villa fans since before the first World War and I was born less than a mile from Villa Park.

They break my heart and are in the hands of complete cunts but I love them and always will. Thankfully going over to Aus to see the birth of my grandson has helped me avoid a big chunk of this season's negativity.
>>
File: DajeRoma.png (141 KB, 791x1024) Image search: [Google]
DajeRoma.png
141 KB, 791x1024
>>67310120
There's no team where i leave (or 2nd division shit tier).

Totti, De Rossi, were by far my favorite players when i was a child, couldnt really say why but i started watching every fucking game.

Since childhood i visited Rome twice and i really love the city, still hasnt seen a match at the Olimpico but this is on my to-do list, bought a Totti shirt while waiting.

I don't care if they always loose in front of juvewinslol tho, even if i'd like them to win a title some day

>inb4 bandwagoning
>>
ok /sp/ we get it. Bandwagoning is bad and should be mocked

But ffs everyday with these joke threads and lifelong threads. Stop killing memes
>>
File: 115676.jpg (265 KB, 713x494) Image search: [Google]
115676.jpg
265 KB, 713x494
There was this popular chant in the late 90s, it was my first encounter of internal football.
>În anul 2000 / Dinamo va muri / Rapidul la pomană / Și Steaua campioană!
>In the year 2000 / Dinamo will die / Rapid will be begging / And Steaua a champion!
back when the only good teams were the big 3 from Bucharest.
>>
>>67313176

This thread is meme? Fuck I played it with a completely straight face
>>
File: asroma.png (144 KB, 797x1023) Image search: [Google]
asroma.png
144 KB, 797x1023
I was born and raised in Rome
>>
File: afcwimbledon-806x605184-46079.jpg (24 KB, 806x605) Image search: [Google]
afcwimbledon-806x605184-46079.jpg
24 KB, 806x605
>>67310120
mum was born in wimbledon
>>
>>67313102
it might happen to us too, in the next 50-60 years that i have left to live, still won't change anything for me, i would still love them

nothing is eternal, i know that, maybe you will win back to back CL's and we will relegate to league one, there are good times and there are bad times
>>
>>67313199
You should be a MK dons fan
>>
man united

because my uncles sister-inlaw's friends husbands second nephews teachers postman once saw Djemba Djemba at Teseco, so supporting United is just in the family. Also because they used to always win
>>
>>67313193
>back when the only good teams were the big 3 from Bucharest.
and now you bottled the title to a 2 year old team, well done

I liked Steaua too, but only until Becali hoarded half of Urziceni's team and started sacking managers every month. Also the whole stadium fiasco just really put me off, the team lost it's identity over the past few years.
>>
I'm a Man United fan from the north of Scotland

I never was into football at school and I didn't play it with the other lads in my class.
But my dad watched it on TV all the time
The team I was most familiar with was "MAN UTD" which is all I knew from the scorebox in the top left hand corner.
I liked the red shirts and white shorts.
They were always fucking on TV. No other team was. So it was the only team I was regularly exposed to really.
I wasn't even aware of the concept of 'premier league' or 'champions league' or what any of it meant. So I hadn't a clue that they were one of the big clubs or more successful clubs.
It was about the time Beckham was becoming famous too and I was fascinated by him.
I tried to get my hair to look like his. Bought a shirt with his name and number on it.

Then when kids at school asked me who I supported I said Man United and started wearing my shirt for P.E and playing football with them.

It's basically the reason I went semi-normie and didn't go full autist with no friends. Also every cunt up here either supports Rangers or Celtic so I was saved from that cancer too.

20 years later, delighted with that ""decision""
Fell in love with the club. Been to a Champions League final. Had a season ticket for 4 seasons. Was there for Ferguson's goodbye speech against Swansea. Watched >Moyes lose to Newcastle at home.

It's made my whole life.
Don't give a flying fuck if you think I'm a bandwagoner or whatever. I just don't give a toss. I know I'm absolutely a hardcore supporter and would support the club in the conference if it came to that.
>>
>>67313228

So good they named him twice
>>
>>67313193
>This current logo

Looks like something you'd find in the french lower divisions.
>>
>>67313234
Wear the sheep, wear the red-blue, and we will come through.
>>
>>67313224
not if im only 10 years old
>>
>>67313249
>They were always fucking on TV.

Must be awkward.
>>
>>67313285
Frenchies are always fucking quoting me.
>>
>>67313266
The owner lost in court the rights to the logo to the Ministry of Defence, so now we have this abomination. Also the club name issue is a total clusterfuck currently.
>>
>>67313313
(You)
>>
>>67310120
PALACE
A
L
A
C
E

As a boy I lived a few years in Southeast London. Nobody in my family watches football, so it wasn't a family thing.
My choices were to either follow Chelsea or Palace as both were pretty close to where I lived... I am happy with my decision.
>>
My story is bandwagon as fuck but whatever

>skip class because sick
>flipping through channels
>ESPN about to show city-united
>nothing else on so I watch it
>know Manchester United as Yankees of soccer, so I root for city in this game
>kompany header, city win to go top of the league
>think wow that was pretty great
>end up watching the rest of the seasons games and see AGUEROOOO win it
>been watching ever since

So yeah basically is like them because they won
>>
File: small.png (9 KB, 96x72) Image search: [Google]
small.png
9 KB, 96x72
It's the official team of my political party, the worker's party aka PT
>>
>>67312785
Plastic cunt
>>
Born about 1 mile from beautiful downtown Bramall Lane so there was never any debate.

If I had a kid and they defied me to support the truffle snufflers or some team they happened to see on tv once and 'really liked the kits' I think I'd just put them up for adoption.
>>
I was playing Football manager 2011 and hit random.
Got Spurs and have been a fan ever since.
>>
File: 1460928790894.jpg (226 KB, 800x1225) Image search: [Google]
1460928790894.jpg
226 KB, 800x1225
I dont know
>>
It's all because of dad
He used to work at Cementos Cruz Azul, a sister company of the team owned by the same group; so we used to go to a bunch of games and watch the matches every weekend. I never stopped following Cruz Azul.

It's sad because now we don't watch games anymore, I rather be alone in my room, even if in watching the game too; I don't know why I don't like spending time with him anymore
>>
>>67313996
>I rather be alone in my room, even if in watching the game too; I don't know why I don't like spending time with him anymore

Suck it up faggot. He is going to die one day and you will regret having not spent more time with him.
Next time a game is on, go out of your room and ask him if he wants to watch it .
>>
File: ncfc badge.png (152 KB, 916x1024) Image search: [Google]
ncfc badge.png
152 KB, 916x1024
I grew up there.
>>
>>67314425

i'm sorry anon
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.