[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Defense wins you titles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: comp-sport_2738906a.jpg (522 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
comp-sport_2738906a.jpg
522 KB, 1500x1000
Defense wins you titles
>>
>>67309503
No my friend,it's like this: A good defense is the foundation for a good team,it always starts with a good defense.
>>
Then why aren't Spurs champions? They have a much better defence than Leicester.

Winning games wins you titles.
>>
Na, you win titles when you core one more goal than the opponent
>>
>>67310595
Leicester started the first half of the league scoring for fun while being a bit loose at the back and letting goals in in nearly every game. When the goals started to dry up, they couldn't afford to risk taking this approach anymore and started to win games with low scores and clean sheets.

If they continued playing as they did in the first half of the season they probably wouldn't be champions.
>>
>>67310649
So? You win the league based on the entire season, and based on the entire season the Spurs defence is better. If defence wins titles then Spurs should be celebrating right now.
>>
>>67310649
It's not even that. They got raped by Alexis Sanchez so switched their fullbacks and adopted a slightly less hung ho approach

They were still scoring goals for fun at that point
>>
>>67310671
Spud's defence capitulated when it mattered most against West Brom and Chelsea. So fuck you.
>>
>>67310688
>when it mattered most
every game is worth 3 points
>>
>>67309503
Defending is easy la
>>
File: B6IikClCYAEevbB.jpg (63 KB, 598x484) Image search: [Google]
B6IikClCYAEevbB.jpg
63 KB, 598x484
>Lads, It's Tottenham
>>
I think Leicester also got lucky with the timing.

All the top clubs were fucking up massively so that gave them chance to just slide through to the top.
>>
>>67310706
they don't all have the same pressure though
>>
2004 greece approves OP's message
>>
Conceding the fewest goals is meaningless when those conceded goals constantly cause dropped points

How many 1-1s this season that should have been wins? Not a clutch defence
>>
>>67309503
the right balance wins you titles Amerifriend, look at some of the best teams throughout the permiership history, all the United/Arsenal/Chelsea teams had a mean defense but an equally good midfield/attack.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.