[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Wimbledon use the EPL league format instead of the current
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Wimbledon.png (161 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Wimbledon.png
161 KB, 1024x1024
Should Wimbledon use the EPL league format instead of the current tournament bracket?

After all, this would be the best way to determine the best player. Right?
>>
File: Laughing minions.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Laughing minions.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
>mfw, Federer wins Wimbledon with 2 games left after a match between Djokovic and Murray ends in a tie
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457483531387.jpg (12 KB, 480x539) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457483531387.jpg
12 KB, 480x539
Can you imagine a world where the Golden State Warriors are champions a month before the regular season ends with literally 10 or more games left and they end up tanking those games because 2nd place overall would never catch up to them?
>>
Should we change the PL to a playoff system instead of the current format?

After all, this would satisfy autistic people on /sp/. Right?
>>
>>67309239
>"/sp/ is for soccer fans only, hurr"
>>
desu I'm still a little salty about how the EPL champ was determined, but it's true. You wouldn't be able to do the same thing for tennis, in this instance, because it would take way too long for all of the the players to play each other enough to determine which of them is actually best. Same thing goes for the playoff sports. The Patriots (just an example) would have to play every single team multiple times and that's not gonna happen. It works just fine for the divisions because there's only a handful in each. So, when one of them wins it with the best record, it's fair. The yuropoors are mostly right in this instance.
>>
>>67309296
>it would take way too long for all of the the players to play each other enough to determine which of them is actually best.
That's what the relegation system is for.
>>
>>67309212
No i cant inagine that because the spurs were right behind them up until the last few games when they were going for the record

Youd think a person on the sports board would actually pay attention to the sport hes talking about desu
>>
Thanks doc
>>
>>67309239
I dont think you britbongs could handle a playoff

Your country would burn
>>
>>67309428
>Your country would burn
And its citizens would cry witchcraft
>>
>>67309296
>it would take way too long for all of the the players to play each other enough to determine which of them is actually best.
Just decrease the participation count to a more reasonable number
>>
>>67309212
Can you imagine a world where the soxers literally ranked for 3 entire years
>>
>most consistent player wins

>gongratulate your new Wimbeldon champion David Ferrer
>>
>>67309158
> I don't understand the difference between a knockout cup format and a league format
retard.
>>
>>67312234
He's not the most consistent player.... Consistent quarter finals maybe.
>>
>>673122747

>**I'm just memeing lad**
>>
>>67312250
You Brits are demonstrating that you don't.
>>
Djokovic wins even more. Great fucking idea.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.