[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2 weeks of EPL left >Champion determined by a draw from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 5014.jpg (77 KB, 661x483) Image search: [Google]
5014.jpg
77 KB, 661x483
>2 weeks of EPL left
>Champion determined by a draw from a game of 2 teams totally unrelated to the champions of EPL
>Champions can't hold their trophy until regular season finale
>Champions determined before season ends
>Champions can literally lose their last 2 games of the season and still be considered "champions"
>>
crazy to have a sport where the regular season actually counts for something. so fucking stupid. my psychiatrist said its not good for my ADD. said its nice that i get bits of information in small packages and frames of times. she said to stick to sports with playoffs where i only have to watch for a few weeks!
>>
>>67309168
>European wetback

Leave my country you fucking criminal.
>>
>>67309168
Autism
>>
>>67309121
>>Champions can literally lose their last 2 games of the season and still be considered "champions"

They will have accumulated the most points this season. That's why they are champions.
>>
>>67309215
No Shit Sherlock.
>>
>>67309168
AMERIFATS BTFO
>>
>>67309121
t. amerishit who doesn't comprehend any non "-bowl" or "-playoffs" concept
>>
>>67309228
The world cup has it so what's your fucking problem?
>>
>>67309265
The World Cup isn't a league competition, what are you on about?
>>
File: oh look.jpg (40 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
oh look.jpg
40 KB, 460x500
>>
>>67309168
>my janky ass system is actually fucking deep and cerebral you just dont get it

nigger its fucking sports you watch and have a good time. north america understood this and made better sports.
>>
cant have playoffs in europe with all the ahmeds ready to blow up the stadiums
>>
>>67309121
Now I get where you're coming from, I really do

But is it that different from the NBA where the cavs were determined to lose in the finals before the season even began?
>>
>>67309228
We understand it just fine

Its still a shit system
>>
>>67309464
But the cavs cant actually lose the finals until it gets to the finals. Nobody can win the championship until they actually play and win in the finals. Unlike in this dumb divegrass league where you can win 2 weeks ahead of time and lose your last few matches and still be "champions".
>>
>>67309168
Fucking euroboo. Pathetic
>>
>>67309497
>implying its not literally a given the cavs shit stomp the leastern conference on their way to getting beat by either the warriors or the spurs

its a certainty dude
>>
>>67309121
Is there any possibility of Leicester not awarded the championship? Like a plane crash, perhaps. Or drug allegations.
>>
>>67309563
LeBron could break his leg tomorrow and the Cavs get bounced in the 2nd round. The entirety of Leicester could die in a plane crash tomorrow and they would still be the concrete champions.
>>
>>67309470
This

I mean the system is dramatic af when the title is decided on the last day but other than that it's lame. And no relegation battles are not fun to watch
>>
>>67309464
basketball is different, individuals change a teams outlook dramatically. so a team with lebron is most likely gonna go deep.
>>
>>67309168
Lol, nice proxy fellow Ausgod
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
>>67309168
kys
>>
>>67309683
I guess I look at it more like the college system. You have a bunch of teams playing in different conferences. The conferences matter not only for prestige but also for seeding in tournaments, not just for the conference but between all the conferences. I am a big 10 fan myself. While I am not saying that the big 10 conference is super dramatic or better than the tournaments, it definitely has drama in the terms of rivalries, story-lines and team identity. Sure, more focus is put on the league, but that isn't to say that conference b-ball play isn't important.
>>
I kinda wish Leicester didn't win the league now knowing that the utter cancer that is threads like these are cropping up all over the place
>>
>>67309599
Bribes and that stuff, like Calciopoli
>>
>>67309121
>Champions can't hold their trophy until regular season finale
wrong, it will be presented at their next game :^)
>>
>>67309121
>unrelated teams
One of those teams was second place, their failure to win meant that it's impossible for them to catch up to the winners.
>>
Before I even clicked on this I knew it was a Murrica thread.

Just stick to your Commercial-Bowl sports m8.
>>
>>67309599
it would need to involve the whole club and the board, like bribes or a betting scandal
drug use, unless proven systematic by all the players, would not be enough, since the players are usually considered individually responsible for doping
>>
Hey America, how about you stick to your national sports which you call world series and other stupid names that make you feel relevant and we will stick to sports that actually mean something.
>>
>>67310228
What will you Dutch do when America wins a World Cup before your country does?
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>67310278
>America
>Winning a world cup before the dutch

Americans actually believe this.
>>
>>67309599
It would have to be a huge systematic scandal like bribery or doping on a massive scale.

You should know as well as we all do that drug allegations and other random violations don't mean shit because no professional championship is ever vacated in America, only college, and that's really only because the NCAA wants a piece of the pie. No different in Europe.
>>
>>67310349
dutch will never win a world cup. i despise all the merica shitposting about footie but its true. dutch can brag about quarter and semi wins but they will never actually win a world cup.

dutch boys had their best chance in 2014 but they choked. they will be rebuilding for next 2-3 cups. other countries will be ready to cease the moment. the chance they had is gone. gone.

american world cups and dutch world cups you will witness in your life time will be equal
>>
I know right? All it took was the spurs to get scored on in bonus time and the championship game was all leicester's. Even though it was a tie game, crazy stuff.
>>
>>67309470
>the team with the most points after a certain amount of matches wins
>shit system
amerilards are literally this stupid
>>
There's literally 4 cup competitions premier league teams have been playing in this year as well.
>>
>>67310386
>dutch boys had their best chance in 2014
>van Laal meme magic
>better than the stacked 2010 team
>>
File: 1432575673386.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1432575673386.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>67309168
so the mystery of this threads is solved...
get better my dear amerilards, i'm sorry i made fun of all of you guys with this problem
>>
>>67309121
>the state of america
>>
Yes, this is because of the specific format of a club league.
See, in this kind of competition all teams will play a total of 2 games against eachother: one game at their home stadium, another game in the other team's stadium.
The goal is simple: whichever team has the most points at the end of the season will be crowned champions.
But now the hard part will start for you. Because there is no play-off system, you need to be able to track other team's performances at the same time in order to calculate a team's chances to win the title. It will take some practice to wrap your head around it.
As the season draws to a close, the amount of games -and thus the amount of points to be won- will be limited. This slims down the number of possible scenario's. A given team may have gained a significant lead in points that exceeds the maximum amount of points the second-ranked team can accumulate over the remaining games. In this context, team A can be crowned champions if team B fails to win the minimum amount of points to keep their mathematical possibilities of winning the title real.
I know this is a lot to process right now, but soon enough you'll get a hang of it. Good luck, Amerifriend!
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.