[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The underdogs winning one premier league title will never be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 109857137.jpg (543 KB, 1024x715) Image search: [Google]
109857137.jpg
543 KB, 1024x715
The underdogs winning one premier league title will never be iconic as the underdogs that won two european cups.
>>
>>67301931
That was 100 years ago. This is now.
>>
>>67302142
I know, I know. Just want unaware people to know that Forest did it first. Plus it was 36 years ago :P
>>
Every team was a underdog in the 70s m&. Bayern and Barca were literally whos by that time.
>>
>>67302266
Bayern won 3 ec on the bounce in the 70s
>>
Was there any good player in that Forest team or was it just Clough being the GOAT?
>>
>>67302534
>Peter Shilton
>Viv Anderson
>Gary Birtles
>John McGovern
>Trevor Francis
>Kenny Burns
>Martin O'Neil

Just a few of them. Search Forest up.
>>
Different eras, Leicester had not only 19 teams to beat, but millions upon millions of pounds being poured into the top 6 or so teams by desperate club owners.

>inb4 tf tt

I'm English desu, I just live here for now because work.
>>
and Frank Clark too.

Remember that Forest came third in the premier league in the mid 90s, which was a pretty good achievement at the time as they had just been promoted.

Had a great team too

>Pearce
>Collymore
>Roy
>Stone
>>
>>67303892
No you don't you fucking faggot
>>
>>67303892
>I'm English desu, I just live here for now because work.
m8...
>>
Literally who?
>>
>>67301931
...yet.
>>
Except now, you don't even have to win the league to be in the """""""champions"""""""" league
>>
File: dennis-mortimer-web.jpg (62 KB, 250x369) Image search: [Google]
dennis-mortimer-web.jpg
62 KB, 250x369
This was the real underdog win

Literal whos

>Nigel Spink

>Kenny Swain
>Gary Williams
>Allan Evans
>Ken McNaught

>Dennis Mortimer
>Des Bremner
>Tony Morely
>Sid Cowans

>Gary Shaw
>Peter Withe

Beat a Bayern Munich side that was pretty much just the German national team at the time.

Where did it all go wrong bros?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.