[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else hate ESPN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
Anyone else hate ESPN?
>>
Who doesnt. Only libtards like it
>>
>>67301227
Don't watch it.
>>
Monday night football and Pardon the Interuption is the only things they do well.

Their NBA and MLB commentators suck as well as their shows like first take.
>>
>>67301400
MNF is the worst football broadcast tbqh
>>
>>67301434
NFL on Fox with Joe Buck is worse. The rest of the fox sports guys are pretty good though
>>
espn3 is cool
>>
>>67301227
>inb4 a dollar has been added to your account

I like ESPN the best of all the sports channels. I like the variety they present. Yeah, I only watch Sportscenter and their 4pm-6pm stuff during happy hour. But its better then watching extensive turn left coverage or german soccer coverage on FOX Sports. Or extensive english soccer coverage on NBC. Yeah, they do so much coverage because they carry those leagues. Just like ESPN doesn The Jump for its basketball stuff, or Baseball Tonight for MLB it hosts. Its my go to for checking out highlights or scores, especially on mobile.
>>
>watching tv
>>
They edited Schilling out of the 30 for 30 about the 2004 Red Sox.

Might as well edit Manny out of it too.
>>
Espn is more liberal agenda then sports at this point.
>>
that cant be true

from where, netflix?
>>
>>67302175
for
>>67301761
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 250x243
other than PTI it is absolute shit

>liberal faggotry
>only talk about and show sports that they broadcast
>shill womens sports because they broadcast it and because it meets their liberal agenda so they kill two birds with one stone
>fucking talking about football a few weeks after the superbowl and have a daily nfl live for fucking half the year when there is no football
>75% of sportcenter is about apehoop and curry and before that lebron
>basically are becoming more like tmz than about actual sports
>>
>>67302558
espn is shit but not because of your furpuck asspain
>>
>>67302558
>liberal faggotry
I thought it was only here? Our local ESPN is nothing more than a branch of the ruling gommunist party; with the whole impeachment drama nowadays they've got quite a habit of mixing national politics with sports.
>>
>>67301761
What the fuck? From the 4 Days in October one? That was one of the GOATs.
>>
>>67301227
Yes. Luckily, it's in alot of trouble financially.
>>
>>67303311
But one of the players in that game has said words on their personal Facebook page over a decade later which has potential for offending a few people. This is clearly enough reason to censor history for political reasons on a network centered around sports.
>>
>>67303423

fucking cunts.
>>
> host on early morning show says something provocative
> every show from there on proceeds to be fake outraged
> rinse and repeat

ESPN literally creates their own news
>>
> ESPN sports app posts stories about politics

Nah
>>
ESPN is the scum of the earth as far as sports go. Fuck their biased college football coverage
>>
>>67301227
I really do hate E!SPN outside of the live sports and occasionally ath. They have too many fucking women on that channel now and too many "lol white people amirite" niggers on there. Do they not realize throughout the day the target audience is older white dudes until like the evening time? Does anyone even like these fucks they have on the shows?
>>
Everything about them (besides based PTI) is atrocious

Their site is literally the worst piece of shit out there.
>constant delays
>server errors
>takes forever to refresh
>constant mistakes
>their streaming service for clips is GARBAGE
>>
Nop, it is actually based as fuck. Literally football almost 24/7.
>>
>firing Curt Schilling and Mike Ditka because they aren't libcucks
>can't hide their hard-on for Michael Sam stories
truly scum
>>
>>67301613

>I like ESPN because they hate soccer

Could have just typed this in m8
>>
>>67301227
I hate ESPN currently because they are forcing the weebo Starcraft meme down or collective throats.
>>
>>67304024

Starcraft is more entertaining to watch than football, desu
>>
>>67303588
Who do you root for that you're so asspained? College football is one of their strong points.
>>
>>67301613
>not liking da beautiful game
pleb
>>
OFFICIAL AMERICAN SPORTS CHANNEL RANKINGS :

1.NBC
2.ABC
3.FOX
4.BEIN

9001. ESPN
>>
>>67301227

won't watch them until they learn how to soccer.
>>
>>67302558
>>67303961
>wahhh companies aren't allowed to expect professionalism from their pundits
>and they certainly aren't allowed to fire pundits for failing to honor the guidelines of the company
>anything I don't like is liberal faggotry

Holy fucking shit grow up and realize that ESPN is a company and they're allowed to fire any of their employees who violate their morality clauses.
>>
File: Broke.jpg (102 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Broke.jpg
102 KB, 1024x576
>>67301227
love 30 for 30
>>
>>67304173
They're allowed to do it, and we're allowed to call them out for it.

Not that hard to understand.
>>
>>67302558
>liberal faggotry

And what exactly would they do that wouldn't be "liberal faggotry" you teenage aspie?
>>
>>67304173
what? it's not limited to firing someone whether you think that's "liberal faggotry" or not. a lot of the shit they broadcast is very left leaning and if you can't see that you need to stop posting because 4chan is 18+.
>>
>>67303961
>firing Mike Ditka

when the hell did that happen? what did he do..
>>
I hate ESPN because of how much time they dedicate to social media "stories" like Deflategate and Johnny Manziel's life story. As evidenced by /sp/'s lack of reaction to these 2 things, it's clear that they focus on stories no one cares about.
>>
>>67302558
>fucking talking about football a few weeks after the superbowl and have a daily nfl live for fucking half the year when there is no football

Except that's one of the few reasons why ESPN is still watchable
>>
>>67304319
He was running on thin ice because in September he endorsed Trump, then a couple of months ago he said Obama was the worst president in US history
>>
>>67304296
tell me which shows they broadcast, besides having shows with any black people or women in it which all 4channers claim is just "libtard cuckold kike jew nigger faggotry", leans to the left.
>>
>>67303624
Actually, I think most older white people just go to NFL, MLB, nhl, etc network because they can afford the cable packages. So that leaves the black people who only care about 24/7 Lebron coverage and the "tee hee I'm a gurl who likes sports" crowd.
>>
>>67304319
iirc they just demoted him. Still employed per se, just less, MUCH less air time
>>
>>67304378
Are you like an ESPN intern?

Obviously something isn't working because even sports fans are cutting you out of their lifes
>>
>>67304101
Not him, but ESPN spent a huge amount of money for the rights to the CFP. They're gonna give a lot of extra coverage to the team's that would get them the highest ratings.
>>
>>67304371
jesus christ they are just firing and demoting people with right wing leaning politics left and right. i wonder if they would fire someone endorsing bernie and saying bush or whatever republican president was the worst president in US history
>>
>>67304480
>ask for an explanation on a ridiculous statement
>get called "an intern for them"

These are the people we converse with.
>>
>giving this much of a fuck about a sports entertainment/news channel

Holy shit, this entire thread is nothing but cancer.
>>
I don't hate ESPN, I just don't watch them

ESPN is just in a really tough position. ESPN has basically gone the way of print media. No longer do people have to watch a network that only appeals to the most popular athletes and teams because that's what most people care about and will get them the biggest viewing numbers. People can now watch their local CSN channels, read their team blogs, etc, for coverage about their teams. They don't have to wait or rely on ESPN to show them highlights or talk about their team and then get angry when they don't cover them

I understand why ESPN only focuses on the biggest teams and the biggest players, because they need to focus on stories that will get them the most viewers. They employ the personalities they do (SAS, bayless, etc) because people pay more attention to drama than boring and straight faced journalism.
>>
>>67304189
>>67304189

30 for 30 about the Duke Lacrosse was great

Fantastic Lies

The district attorney was a lying scumbag that was exposed and got disbarred

The cop investigating and giving fake lineups got exposed for lying killed himself

The stripper killed her boyfriend and is now in jail

3 Duke players are now helping other guys get out of prison who were unlawfully put in jail for shit they didn't do.

SJW and ESPN joos BTFO
>>
>>67304886
FUCKING THIS

THOSE ESPN KIKES GOT BTFO BY A DOCUMENTARY THAT THEY THEMSELVES ALLOWED

HAHA HOW STUPID ARE THOSE ESPN JOO KIKES
>>
I find no reason to watch ESPN except when they are broadcasting games.

SportsCenter has regressed to a bunch of human interest stories, and when they do show highlights, there is too much CGI, it looks like some playstation game.
>>
File: HmzR17w.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
HmzR17w.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>Watching ESPN during the day

Seriously why? Sports Radio is like 50 times better.
>>
File: 1460911931351.jpg (41 KB, 480x434) Image search: [Google]
1460911931351.jpg
41 KB, 480x434
>mfw I like ESPN FC

I don't know how I should feel
>>
File: erin andjews.jpg (87 KB, 634x634) Image search: [Google]
erin andjews.jpg
87 KB, 634x634
>>67304996
Years ago they clumped the sports together so if ya flipped on the tv you could at least catch a group of highlights.

Now it's a complete mishmosh of different sports, I just wanna see the rundown on the Sunday footballs games but they show highlights from a football game followed by a WNBA game that noone gives a fuck about, then a human interest story about some retard or cancer kid.

Just lump the sports back together again so I don't have to hear about blind one legged softball player when I'm trying to get the scores on Real sports.
>>
ESPN is the CNN of sports.
>>
File: 1370118840225.jpg (27 KB, 288x425) Image search: [Google]
1370118840225.jpg
27 KB, 288x425
>>67301227
Not really. To be honest I've been tuning into His and Hers sometimes in the morning. Happy Hour is always good.
>>
>>67305101
did you know that armpit folds are indicative of what a woman's vagina looks like?

also: espn has fired/let go all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons over the years. don't know why anyone gives a shit, or why anyone watches it other than when a game is on.
>>
hating ESPN is such a normie thing to do these days, I'm over it
>>
>>67304617
Yeah, let's just talk in NFL general #545376 instead
>>
>>67305101
>2016
>still needs a news program to get scores
>>
>>67305182
>espn has fired/let go all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons over the years.

>ESPN letting their most hated employees (cowherd, whitlock, now bayless) go one by one
>somehow people use this to shit on them even more
>>
i don't get why they push their liberal agenda so hard

like I personally don't really care but when you consider the majority of the people who still care about ESPN are conservatives it doesn't make sense
>>
>>67305228
there's still a place for a no-effort highlight/analysis show. sitting on the couch or doing things around the house while it's on > clicking around on the computer/phone. sportscenter drifted too far into human interest and ancillary niche bullshit.
>>
>>67305319
>joos

Owned by Disney and ABC
>>
>>67305433
they arent jews they are kikes

just put all of ESPN into an oven

88 HH
>>
>>67304173
lel, you have the worst niggers in the world like Bomani Jones getting political about black issues and they get a free pass
>>
File: best disney villain.jpg (19 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
best disney villain.jpg
19 KB, 300x225
>>67305433
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Iger

>Iger was born to a Jewish family
>>
File: jemele hill 1.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
jemele hill 1.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>>67305695

This good burger lookin bitch
>>
>>67301227
Curt Schilling pls go
>>
>>67306271
Curt was Right
>>
>>67301269
Liberal here. I hate ESPN.
>>
>>67301613
t. man who just woke up from a coma he was in since 1991
>>
>>67301269
seriously this

only libtards, cucks, niggers, kikes, faggots, trannies and wetbacks like that shit

We conservatives watch the real sports channel, Fox Sports 1
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.