[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-Leicester Premier League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (200 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200 KB, 1280x720
So what now for the Premier League? Is this the end of the big money players? Will clubs stop paying £20m for mediocre players?
>>
Can you fuck off? Nobody cares about your attention seeking tripfaggot thread
>>
We might now see really crazy stuff, like Liverpool or Arsenal winning it
>>
>>67293922
What's going to happen is the entire team is going to be gutted, the players sold off for millions by Saudi Arabian oil money to Barcelona, Arsenal, Man City, etc. and Leicester are going to plummet down the league table next year and get relegated.
>>
>>67294114
That's not crazy considering Arsenal won the Premier League 12 years ago.
>>
>>67293922
>Is this the end of the big money players?
Wew lad. No, the only way Chelsea know how to rebound is spunking money. Mourinho will get plenty of cash to burn at United too. City will be city.
>>
>>67294772
>>67294772
I can see Chelsea, United and City spending big. Probably Arsenal as well to placate fans. But the rest of the league? I can see those clubs looking for quality on the cheap.
>>
>>67295080
Real in-depth analysis there, chief. Do you think that smaller teams will look for good players that don't cost too much money for their budgets?
>>
>>67293922

Memes will continue.

And a group of underdogs, directed by an experienced manager, will win AGAIN next year.

11 memed names plus a meme manager are going to stay and are going AGAIN to get banged.
>>
>>67294402

Mahrez and Kante will definitely get poached. The rest i can see staying.
>>
>>67295197
LOL, with the incoming tv deal money, everyone was expecting every club to spend big. I'm predicting that Leicester City's win (and Tottenham's performance) will see most clubs try to spend as little as possible.
>>
>post leicester
lmao try in 4/5 years
>>
All clubs start hiring italian coaches
>>
>>67295573
>tfw my club hired an italian literally a week ago
>we're now 3 pts clear top of the table
The hue is on to something.
>>
>>67294473

12 (twelve) years ago
144 (one hundred and forty four) months ago
4,380 (four thousand, three hundred and eighty) days ago
>>
From now on, top 4 will be more difficult to predict, but the shift wont be too dramatic. TV money will allow for several clubs to keep their talent and build their squads. Everyone and their mother wants to play in the PL for that sweet, sweet cash. This (keeping and attracting talent) has been the issue for teams such as Tottenham - they haven't been able to compete for CL consistently because they couldn't keep their talent around long enough.

Provided that Ranieri and Kante stays, they could still be top four contenders. I don't see Vardy leaving - he recently got a new contract, and he is kind of old. Nobody would risk the fee they'd have to give for him. They need a couple of proper meme signings from Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga to cope with CL and the league at the same time.

Tottenham has something going for them. Great young players, good manager. Eriksen will be getting a new contract soon and is happy about their project, so he'll stay. Their English youngsters will stay as long as they get regular football.

Mou will get a shitton of money to spunk at United. Difference from the last couple of years is that he is a competent signer.

City gonna City.

Chelsea is on their way back.

Liverpool has potential, but nobody wants to play for them or live in that shit city. Their only hope is that Klopp can attract the right players and make great memes out of their youth. But even he will have limited means of making up for the city being shit and that horrendous squad he has to work with.

Wet Spam is exciting.

Arsenal will make one class signing that delivers each season, but somewhere along the line, somebody will fail miserably and they'll never be serious contenders for first ever again. Will be plenty of 4th place trophies, though.
>>
>>67294402
Like Dortmund they'll be victims of their own success but not to such a great degree.
With the exception of Vardy, Mahrez and Kante it is a team that performs well beyond the sum of its parts
>>
>>67293922
No, it makes more sense for the likes of Chelsea, City and Man Utd to let lesser teams find hidden gems for them and buy them after they've proven themselves in the top division for 5x what the likes of Leicester paid for them than to scout them themselves and risk being stuck with a dud
>>
>>67296399
This summed it up nicely, next year will be really interesting.
>>
>>67296399
this is very good
I agree
>>
>>67296399
m8, you almost forgot...

B E N I T E Z
E
N
I
T
E
Z
>>
>>67296399
If Leicester can make the top 8 next season and make it into the Europa League via the CL Group Stage it should be considered a huge success. They really need to invest in numbers if they hope to handle the extra fixtures, there are plenty of examples in recent years of smaller squads collapsing the season after qualifying for Europe. There's no way they can rely on the same 14 players like they have this season
>Newcastle 2012
>Swansea 2013
>Everton 2014
>>
File: 1447474079178.png (71 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1447474079178.png
71 KB, 348x301
>>67297231
>If Leicester can make the top 8 next season and make it into the Europa League via the CL Group Stage it should be considered a huge success.
No.
>>
I will dig up the bones of Richard III and place them in Anfield to secure us the league next season la
>>
the biggest annoyance is that anytime something like this happens again, or another small team get close to winning a title it's going to be referred to as doing a Leicester
>>
>>67297358
this is a strong argument, thank you for giving me an insight into your flawless logic
>>
This is such a small-time achievement when you think about it.

An EPL title is basically only worth 1/10th as much as 1 CL title.
>>
>>67296399
LVG GONNA STAY ON AND BRING THROUGH THE YOUTH.

WE JUST OUTPLAYED THESE "CHAMPIONS" AT HOME AND PLAYED WITH A HUNGER I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR A WHILE

OPTIMISTIC
>>
>>67297231
Everton. Yeah, Leicester needs to go buy 16 new guys. Seriously, by November their legs will collapse
>>
File: 1427731322178.jpg (15 KB, 150x144) Image search: [Google]
1427731322178.jpg
15 KB, 150x144
>>67297590
Try posting less stupid shit if you want someone to take you seriously.
>>
>>67297231
>If Leicester can make the top 8 next season and make it into the Europa League via the CL Group Stage it should be considered a huge success.
i agree
>>
The perverse thing is the league will have parity BECAUSE of TV money. If every club can pay for top talent, then worst to first won't be a unique thing anymore.
The Big 4 won't be able to lock up all the signings when everyone has hundreds of millions of pounds to spread around.
>>
>>67297718

It's not always that simple

"Hey Messi, do you want to play for West Brom for stupid money or Man City for stupid money?"

as an example
>>
>>67297231

I agree, they need to make a lot of signings, most on the cheap. They have been lucky to avoid injury spells, and if they are hit by one mid November/December, they are truly fucked.

What class signings could they do? Hidden gems, underrated players, etc. I'm guessing most signings will not come from the PL.

Signing big names just fucks up their dynamic, they need to combine luck and genius in the transfer market to keep this success going.

Also, they might have to replace key players this summer, and several key players are old.
>>
>>67294043
This fuck this trip
>>
>>67297718
but when selling clubs know you have money they increase their prices. Leicester haven't won the league because they can now compete financially with the big teams, their entire starting XI cost almost around £20 million
Schmeichel £750,000
Simpson £2 million
Morgan £1 million
Huth £3 million
Fuchs FREE
Mahrez £450,000
Kante £5 million
Drinkwater £500,000
Albrighton FREE
Vardy £1 million
Okazaki £6 million

There have been dozens of EPL teams in the past decade with comparable expenditure on their starting XI who have never came close to Leicester's achievements, the majority have spent their time in the bottom half of the table
>>
This team will just turn into an Everton tier team. Finishing between 6-12 every year and doing nothing.
>>
>>67298128

Honestly it would be a massive achievement if they could do that. Look at Blackburn, won the league in 94/95 and are now right at the bottom of the Championship

This season is, as everyone knows, absolutely exceptional.

Arguably you could say it's harder for them to establish themselves as a solid mid-table PL team now than it would have been if they had just finished 10th or something. They now have the weight of expectation on them, and the many people who will expect them to go straight back down to the Championship. And they don't have the facilities, the finances of the top clubs.

Basically they've got to not let this go to their heads if they actually want to establish themselves as a solid PL team. Someone just posted a video of Ranieri at the beginning of the season saying "we are not thinking of Europe, we just want to establish ourselves as a Premier League side" or something like that. He was talking about what the Thai owners wanted. So they obviously have good ambitions, good intentions, and yes they do have a billionaire owner which is pretty much essential for Premier League survival these days. So hopefully they can stay up and continue to be successful in some form. But who knows.
>>
>>67297964
to be fair only Kante has been an exceptional signing in recent years, the majority of their players were distinctly average until this season, Mahrez even looked poor in the Championship. Their strength lies in the team unit and as long as the players they buy complement that unit they don't need to be world-class
>>
>>67298350
I could see them falling all the way back down if they for some reason sacked Ranieri (lol). Dude will keep them level headed for sure though, even after being champions.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>67294473
I DID MY WAITING

TWELVE YEARS OF IT

IN LONDON
>>
File: hermanjansen.jpg (28 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
hermanjansen.jpg
28 KB, 300x412
>mfw the ABLs now have to wait 3 months before they start chatting shit about the impending choke of the foxes.
>>
>>67298059
Transfers for free? Why would anyone do anything
>for free
>>
>>67298418
>if they for some reason sacked Ranieri (lol)

More likely is that another of Europe's top clubs will try to sign him. If they offer him (and the club) a bundle of cash then he might not be able to say no.

And these teams will want to buy all the players too, especially the relatively young guns like Mahrez and Kante and Drinkwater.

As I say... it's going to be difficult for Leicester to find Premier League stability now. They might have a completely different squad by the end of the summer.
>>
>>67298641
To unload an unused player getting paid every week while in the reserves
>>
>>67298641
>>67298850
or a player whose contract runs out and wants to go to a different club
>>
>>67298763
He has such a comfy job at Leicester, why would he leave though? Except to be closer to his mother in Italy I guess.

He is probably regarded as a god there. I would stay, especially with more money coming in he will get a nice contract.

Mahrez and Kanté are gone. Will be hard to replace.
>>
>>67297397

An Irish liverpool supporter. How droll.
>>
File: 0,,10278~12497491,00.jpg (91 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0,,10278~12497491,00.jpg
91 KB, 640x360
Lads, I just had a thought...Hatem Ben Arfa is the perfect replacement for Riyad Mahrez
>>
>>67298850
>>67298907

Was just a joke at the Janny for fucks sake
>>
>>67298971

Apparently he will get a £5 million bonus for winning the league so that's certainly something

But who knows. If Real Madrid came knocking offering him a gigantic pile of cash to manage them then it would be hard to turn down. Or Barca, or Bayern, or PSG, or even Man United.

Exactly, there will be huge interest in the players. And think about the fact, like I mentioned, that all these players have contracted bonuses for winning the league - bonuses that the club never expected they would have to pay, but now they do. One of the financial holes that they will have to fill. Obviously the bumper new Premier League TV deal kicks in next year, plus they will get Champions League money. But it will still be very difficult for them to turn down large cash offers, maybe £30+ million each, for their best players.
>>
We're Leicester City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbV95NkhBw0
>>
>>67295573
Chelsea have for next season let's wait and see...
>>
>>67295573
Allegri is the 2nd best coach in the world. Ancelotti is top 5 as well
>>
>>67294114
Lul, next year, all will be in order. Big spenders in top 5 and an exception from London.
>>
I'd love to see the fallout, definitely 1bn spent this summer on mostly ludicrous transfers. I think Leicester will actually have a good window and won't be as harmed as people think.
>>
>>67293922
>So what now for the Premier League?
http://www.theonion.com/article/premier-league-leicester-city-title-order-will-soo-52846
>>
>>67297962
Yeah but English teams will continue to poach good talent from around the world and there's only so many flops City can sign.
>>
so is this the biggest surprise in european league history?

>lol spurs butthurt after the game
>>
>>67297231
This is true

>>67297358
>>67297672
And you are possibly the dumbest person I've ever encountered

Are you three fucking years old?
>>
>>67300955
>I'd love to see the fallout, definitely 1bn spent this summer on mostly ludicrous transfers.
Doubt it. If anything this could have the opposite effect where the clubs realise that expensive transfers are stupid. Their fans will hate them for ridiculously expensive transfers now, unless it's someone really great, like a Lewandowski or someone like that. These fans have seen that Leicester have won the title with promising young talent on the cheap, and bear in mind these big clubs have promising young talent coming through too - Rashford, Iheanacho, the whole Spurs squad, Coutinho, Jordan Ibe, etc.

I mean obviously money will be spent, and who knows. But Man U, for one, will probably not be spending as much as they have. Liverpool may well spend but you'd like to think they will do so sensibly after the failures of Benteke and Ballotelli. I reckon Klopp is the kind of guy to go for cheap purchases of promising young talent anyway. You'd like to think Arsenal will spend... but they probably won't. Anyway let's see.
>>
>>67293922
>Posting about EPL when you've never been to the kop
>>
>>67301270
>tf
>tt

>1 point la
>>
Yes I genuinely believe this will revolutionise the league. It's come at a perfect time. I know Leicester have built their squad on a small budget with fantastic scouting, but overall the shitter teams are getting better because of money. Every team is signing high quality from better foreign clubs. The talent gaps within the league are closing. And now Leicester have legit showed that absolutely anything is achievable. West Ham might think they've had a fantastic one off season, but now they can take inspiration that they absolutely can better it. It's going to be a very interesting next few years.
>>
>>67294473
>what is is a joke
>>
>>67301760
do you ever get shit clumps stuck to your bum hair? do you shower or just work at it with TP?
>>
Man I hope they all stay together, and the dream continues into Europe. It would be like the fucking sequel to the film. The lads take on the European giants.
>>
>>67301819
Basically, it has absolutely smashed to pieces acceptance of mediocrity and the excuses for underachievement.
>>
>"premier" league
>divegrass
>can win a championship without eliminating someone in a playoff game
>can win a championship watching the outcome two OTHER teams play

Whew lads this semen slurping sport isn't for me
>>
>>67301953
Can't be good for Wenger then.
>>
>>67301970
sometimes after you nut really hard, does one of your balls retract? or is that just me?
>>
>>67301970
>playoffs
>in a league
Fuck off seppo
>>
>>67293922
>Is this the end of the big money players? Will clubs stop paying £20m for mediocre players?
No and no
lower level clubs always have very few funds but it's that reason that makes them very good at the same time, being in the BPL is and has always been about money, if you don't have it you won't last a single season.
Notice how every club that's made the jump form relegation didn't do so until they got a sponsor that laid out some serious money for them.
>tfw I will never see Sheffield Wednesday or Port Vale in the BPL despite being my favorites and arguably the comfiest teams in football to watch
>>
>>67294114
>Liverpool
>lazy if they win
They have the best manager on earth now, if they can keep the man they will dominate the table for the next decade easily
t. a United fan who wants Klopp for the red devils isntead
>>
>>67296399
this pretty much. I think every team that finishes in the top 10 this season will be a title "contender" next season except for Stoke and United, unless they get Mou
>>
>>67296742
>Like Dortmund
You mean like Gareth Bale
I can see Mahrez and Kante not giving a shit but Vardy will definitely have so much money thrown at him it will be impossible for him to say no just like those faggot spainards did to Bale irreparably fucking his career just like they did Christiano and so many others
>>
>>67294772
>to burn at United
Fuck you he isn't coming here
LVG is staying for one more year because the board is really pushing for it and Jose will not stay on the market without a team for a year. He is addicted to destroying clubs and can't go that long without drowning a team.
I just want Moyes back if we can't throw 100 million and Klopp for 8 years
>>
>>67301970
playoffs are cancer
>>
>>67301970

There are actually playoffs, they are called league cup tourneys u idiot.

When was the last time the super bowl champ beat, let alone PLAYED every team in the nfl in 1 season? Never, u unforgiving faggot.
>>
File: 1462194176685.jpg (128 KB, 1024x704) Image search: [Google]
1462194176685.jpg
128 KB, 1024x704
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3NMZAUKGw
>>
Whens the BBC special?
>>
>>67308268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfvbBZ8B2rs
>>
>>67299050
Summer started early this year...like it always does.
>>
>>67308315
I meant Lester you godless bastard
>>
>>67301953
I've checked out more than a few supporters forums and you can virtually see lightbulbs brightening over peoples heads over this. The next few years are going to be rather interesting.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x610
JUST
>>
>>67297031
Thanks for reminding me to put a cheeky tenner on Newcastle for next season
>>
>>67298971
>except to be closer to his mother

Why are all Italian men mama's boys?
>>
>>67303302
>they have the best manager on earth

Klopp is a meme manager m8. Both Tottenham and Leicester will have a better chance competing for the title compared to Liverpool if we're talking about managers
>>
File: image.jpg (583 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
583 KB, 800x1200
>>67294473
12 YEARS
>>
>>67299100
Ranieri wont go to Madrid. Defensive style doesnt really suit them. Pochettino is the best manager for Real once Zidane inevitably is fired
>>
>>67297643
>This is such a small-time achievement when you think about it.
not for a club like lester
>>
>>67296399
didn't read, lol
>>
>>67308885
How do Americums even pronounce Leicester
>>
>>67310780
lekester
>>
WEW
E
W
>>
>literal no names won the championship

Are top footballers finally exposed as nothing but overrated puppets for oil sheikhs and pepsi adverts?
>>
>>67311256
Hey now Burnley are a good old team
>>
leicester is shit and this was rigged, everybody were letting them win, especially small teams, just because they're sad little teams
>>
>>67293922
The complete opposite will happen with insane money getting spent this summer
>>
will laugh so much when this crooked drugged team relegates next season
>>
>>67310780
lay chester
lie kess ter
lick esther
>>
>>67311948
Mo lest err
>>
>>67298971
I think Ranieri says he wants to retire after Leicester in an interview from like december?
>>
Clubs will start spending insane money on obscure players trying to find the next Mahrez or Kante

$20 million for a winger in the Belgian second league will be standard for PL clubs
>>
File: Chete8BWMAA1iaQ.jpg (152 KB, 1024x951) Image search: [Google]
Chete8BWMAA1iaQ.jpg
152 KB, 1024x951
there's only one captain morgan!
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.