[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they the best team to not win the league?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1
Are they the best team to not win the league?
>>
Nope.
>>
>>67279434

No
>>
>>67279434
Obviously not since Leicester is on top?

Isn't that how it works?
>>
Slippy Liverpool were better
>>
>>67279447

This desu, and I hate Liverpool.
>>
Liverpool 2009
>>67279445
Retard
>>
>>67279447
That Liverpool were a one man team, Spurs have quality all over the pitch.
>>
This season? Atletico (or Barcelona if Atletico somehow win it)

In Premier League history - Arsenal 2003 or Chelsea 06-09
>>
they literally just stat padded against shitty teams
>couldn't beat leicester
>couldn't beat arsenal
>couldn't beat liverpool
>couldn't beat chelsea
>>
If Spurs win their last 3 games they finish on 78 points. Second place usually has 80+ points

2009 LIverpool finished 2nd on 86 points. That was with Gerrard,Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, Reina, Carragher. Good team.

Some of the C helsea and Arsenal teams that finished 2nd were quality too. Probably better than this Spurs team
>>
>>67279468
dortmund also has a record number of points for 2nd place in the bundes this season iirc
>>
>>67279490
This. The Spurs dicksucking has to end right now, they assembled a decent team and finished 2nd in an exceptionally weak Premier League season.

They wouldn't even sniff top 4 in the 2005-2009 Premier League
>>
>>67279434
Liverpool 2009 was better.

>Torres
>Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso
>Carragher
>literally #1 in the UEFA rankings for a few months

Absolutely stunning how it all went to shit the following season.
>>
>>67279490
Utd finished 2nd in 2012 with 89, albeit on GD
78 is really low for 2nd place, and probably they'll finish on 76-75, which is usually 4th place quota
>>
>>67279482

They only lost once against all of those teams though.
>>
>>67279467
>one man team

it may look that way sometimes, but it is impossible for even a great player to perform well unless his team supports him
>>
>>67279434
LOLNO.

Any of the top 3 teams from 2008/2009 season would walk the league this year. Spurs can't even break 80 points this season
>>
Spurs are one of the weakest teams to finish second in the Premier League.
>>
>>67279538
BTFO of Real Madrid 5-0 over 2 legs too. The PL was strong as fuck back then, this Spurs team wouldn't get close to any of them
>>
Hell no
>>
>>67279584
this
>PL used to be the best league in the world
>is no longer the best league in the world
>anyone even considering rating this spurs team as the best 2nd place team of all time
???
>>
I hope Arsenal finishes above them somehow so people would stop memeing already
>>
>>67279584

People love to hate on English teams now and say they're all shit. Wolfsburg gave Real Madrid a run for their money in the Champions League, and 12th place laughably shit Everton beat Wolfsburg 6-1 over two legs last season.
>>
>>67279434
They're the best team to not win the league in the 15/16 Premier League, that's about it.

Dortmund and especially Atletico are way more impressive runners up
>>
>>67279655
That would be hilarious.
>>
>>67279666
>2016
>still using the "x beat y and y beat z, therefore x is good" argument
shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>67279666
>People love to hate on English teams now and say they're all shit.

Because they are. If this Spurs team played United/Liverpool/Chelsea from 2009 they'd get BTFO
>>
>>67279447

09 Liverpool were world class
Gerrard, prime Torres, Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Kuyt, Carragher
>>
>>67279538
>Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso

I don't think any English club has had a midfield anywhere near as good since then.
>>
>>67279698
This.

I feel like people forget how strong Premier League was in 2009. The top 5 teams in the world back then were Barcelona, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. The current league is pathetic mess compared to what we had then.
>>
>>67279493
also spurs where an utter disgrace when they had to play dortmund in the el
even tho el isnt worth much, i have never seen a team throw a game like that in an european cup at this stage
>>
>>67279726
>The current league is pathetic mess compared to what we had then.

It's far more open and entertaining week in week out though.
>>
Liverpool 09
Suarez 14
>>
>>67279728
>w-we needed to rest for aston villa
disgusting, i'm glad they lost the league
only reason they had a chance was because everyone else sucked anyway, and they couldn't even beat fucking leicester lel
what a disappointment
>>
>>67279538
>Absolutely stunning how it all went to shit the following season.

They sold the club to the wrong people. In 2007, there were two main bidders to buy Liverpool:

>two guys who nearly bankrupted the Texas Rangers
>an insanely wealthy holding company from Dubai

Guess which ones ended up getting the club?
>>
>>67279728
>i have never seen a team throw a game like that

It's not entirely their fault. Spurs are hopelessly dependent on Eric Dier and Harry Kane (who have both played nearly every single game that they were fit for this season), but Dier was injured and Kane needed a break because Tottenham have no backup striker. They also have no midfield depth, once you get past good players like Eriksen/Alli/Dembele you're stuck with shit-tier players like Tom Carroll and Ryan Mason.
>>
>>67279724
>Rafa tried to sell Alonso to fund a move for GARETH BARRY

Rafa why ;_;
>>
Spurs are a pretty average 2nd place team. Most other years they would be fighting for top 4.

Honestly, I dont think this team is better than 'Arry's Spurs.
>>
>>67279788

>He doesn't rate Gaz Baz
>>
>>67279801

They're much better defensively imo. Although 'Arry had 4 top strikers and Poch only has 1 so maybe you're right.
>>
>trashed 3 - 0 by Dortmund

no
>>
>>67279788
Alonso hadn't been good since 04/05, hence Arsenal turning him down.
>>
>>67279434
> Gave Leicester 4 points

no
>>
>>67279434
Not even close, and i'm a Spurs fan.
>>
>>67279447
This tbqfh.
>>
>>67279841
Alonso was one of the best midfielders in the world when they sold him
>>
>>67279946
In 08/09 yeah, but he was definitely replaceable based on the previous three seasons.
>>
>>67279946
This, although he's right the 2 seasons prior Alonso had been pretty mediocre and struggled with some injuries. Rafa fucked up though
>>
>>67279841

Alonso was easily one of the top 5 midfielders in the world when he left.

>>67279801
I would take this team over 'Arry's team any day. The defense is so much better and the offense is that much worse.
>>
of course not
they're the 3rd best 2nd place team in europe at best, and that's only this year
>>
>>67279990
*an the offense isn't that much worse
>>
>>67279570
That Liverpool team did pretty much everything they could to stop Suarez

Did you see how many goals they conceded? If Suarez had been at literally any other top 10 club, he would've won the lot.
>>
>>67279574
Nice katana
>>
>>67279692

Remove Real Madrid then. Wolfsburg, a Champions League team and one of the best in Germany, was beaten 6-1 by Everton, a team mocked for being so shit.
>>
>>67279554
>reading comprehension
>>
>>67279538
They slipped.
Didn't they also BTFO manure 4-0 in the same season?
People always said arselel being huge choker but I think liverslip is even worse.
>>
>>67280116
>If Suarez had been at literally any other top 10 club

Any other top 7 club imo. Suarez+Arsenal/City/Chelsea wins the league easily, Suarez+Everton/Tottenham/United could do it if they get gifted an insane amount of penalties the way that Liverpool were in 2013/14 (and Leicester were this season).
>>
>>67280356
>if they get gifted an insane amount of penalties the way that Liverpool were in 2013/14
Like half of those penalties were won by Suarez diving or aiming the ball at defenders' arms. Put him on those teams and they'd get awarded much more penalties.
>>

>Leicester
DD

We still got this
>>
>>67279724
Chelsea literally had Essien, Ballack, Lampard mate. Already better.
>>
People underrated spurs so much that they now overrate them.

I'm a spurs fan and the difference in attitude towards the team from before and after the turn of the year is incredible. We were destined for the europa league again and then all of a sudden the media were calling us the saviours of England's national team and the best team in the league (muh stats)

In reality we're somewhere in between, which is fine by me
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.