[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't wait for more thursday night football
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 3
File: LVG.jpg (30 KB, 613x413) Image search: [Google]
LVG.jpg
30 KB, 613x413
Top 4 gone.

Can we sack this shit now please?
>>
Absolute fucking shambles.

15 minutes of what I would call 'passable' football and the rest was a fucking disgrace.

Rooney - OUT
Fellaini - OUT
Lingard - OUT
Mata - OUT
Herrera - Bench player at best
Rojo - OUT
Depay - OUT
Carrick - OUT
Blind - 3rd choice at best
Valencia - OUT FOR FUCK SAKE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING SACKED 4 YEARS AGO FUCK OFF. FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD FUCKING END THIS """PLAYER'S"""CAREER NOW.

Fucking joke. No pace. No urgency. No excitement.

We're basically deGea, Smalling and Martial and that's it. The rest are utterly fucking shit.
>>
>>67257361
if van Gaal isn't gone then I'm going to pick a random La Liga side to follow next year instead.
>>
won't happen until it's mathematically impossible I think. or until after the FA cup final.

have to hope for city to draw and lose against two of arsenal, swansea A and southampton A. but I don't trust us even beating fucking norwich away anyway
>>
He'll be there next season, don't you worry lad.
>>
>>67257428

The one thing I'll say is Memepiss actually looked good when he came on, should have won us a pen.
>>
>>67257457
>people unironically think this
>>
>>67257428
only really agree with rooney, mata, rojo and carrick
>>
>>67257457
>looked good
>literally touched the ball 3 times
>one of them was smashing a free-kick in a great position into the wall under no pressure

Wow. Standards have slipped.
I remember when "looked good when he came on" meant scoring a goal and getting an assist...
>>
>>67257489
I don't give a fuck what you agree or disagree with you fucking slag. There's a reason women don't watch football.
>>
>>67257513
calm down lad it's okay, van gaal will be gone soon
>>
lads you drew with the champions.Why are you not happy? You punched above your weight.
>>
>>67257428
>manU fans will defend this somehow
"Something something muh Rooney, something something Everton, something something FA Cup"
>>
top 4 was gone a while ago. you're just now realizing this in may?
>>
>>67257361
After the positive signs in the FA semi-final, I thought we would turn it up a notch and win 3 or 4 nil today. I really did.

So fucking disappointing. For all our possession and ""pressure"" we didn't look like scoring another goal even if we had 590 minutes.

Lester were the more likely to score on the break.

ITSAFUCKINGDISGRACE.JPG

van Gaal better come out and apoligise for that shitfest. 2nd half was one of the worst 45mins I've seen this season. And that's saying a lot.

>Blind gets the ball
>Looks up
>Looks up
>Looks up again
>Takes a touch
>Looks up
>By now the chance to play it is WELL gone
>Looks up again
>Takes another touch
>Is now being closed down
>Has to panic and play it quickly
>Plays it to Carrick who is now marked by 5 players
>Loses the ball
>Repeat

Fuck off.
>>
>>67257586
>I thought we would turn it up a notch and win 3 or 4 nil today. I really did.

your own fault for thinking that really, that was never going to happen
>>
i can't figure out if your fanbase are worse than arsenal's but it' close
>>
I'm not fussed is Lang Baal gets sacked. I just do not want >mouyes as a United Manager.
>>
>>67257586
>>Blind gets the ball
>>Looks up
>>Looks up
>>Looks up again
>>Takes a touch
>>Looks up
>>By now the chance to play it is WELL gone
>>Looks up again
>>Takes another touch
>>Is now being closed down
>>Has to panic and play it quickly
>>Plays it to Carrick who is now marked by 5 players
>>Loses the ball
>>Repeat

Or

>Blind
>To Carrick
>To Blind
>Back to Carrick
>Out wide to Valencia who has a great chance to sprint forward
>Instead sits on the ball like it's a fucking egg waiting for it to hatch
>Looks back
>Plays the ball backwards again to Blind
>It's back to where it started
>Opposition is now back in position
>Back to Carrick out wide again this time to Rojo
>Who cuts inside and plays it to Rooney
>Back out wide to Valencia
>Tries to hatch his egg once more
>Fails
>Passes it back to Blind/Smalling
>HOOF up to Fellaini
>Lose the ball
>Leicester are now on the counter and our whole team is somehow all out of position

Just kill me now.
I'd rather
>82 crosses
Under >Moyes than this shit. Genuinely would. At least then there was A CHANCE of a goal at the end of it.
>>
Why is a mid-table team complaining about drawing with the champions?
>>
>>67257544
United was the superior team for 80% of the game against a team missing their leading scorer at old trafford. Also had 10minutes with an extra man. They should have won this
>>
>>67257656
you forgot

>carrick turning around over and over again before finally passing it sideways/backwards
>>
this was arguably the best United performance since the Champions League final in 2008

you can't deny that first half hour was sensational football... like Barca but effective
>>
>>67257599
Why? Did you watch the first 20 mins because it looked like they were going to win by 3 or 4 easily.

Martial and Rashford were and have been mesmerizing recently, and it was a great chance at home to kick start some momentum going into the final stages of the season.
>>
>>67257658
>>67257544

nice memeing lad
>>
>>67257667
>United was the superior team for 80% of the game
>>
>>67257687
This your first time watching united?

>have a good start
>maybe score a goal
>miss a bunch of other chances
>do fuck all for the rest of the game

We have not won a single league game by 4 goals this season, what makes you think we'd do it against the soon to be champions?
>>
>>67257576
if the foul on depay was one yard inside, then united would have been confirmed for top 4

you fucking bellend

it's over now though, unless southampton smash city and then arsenal get something at the emptyhad
>>
>>67257667
Agreed. Typical united this season really. Poor finishing and relying too much on kids.
>>
>>67257443
man u fans
>>
Today was just one of many fuck-ups this season.

van Gaal better not say he's happy with that.

Absolute shambles barring the first 10 minutes.
>>
LEICESTER DID IT LADS

LIFELONGS REJOICE
>>
>Van Gaal pulled a Sky reporters hair and asked "How do you like it?" when discussing Fellaini and Huth event [bbc]

oh my godddd
>>
The team needs three new midfielders
Luke Shaw back and back on form
Fosu-Mensah to step it up and become our new Gary Neville.
Martial to clone himself twice so we can play Martial on the right as well as the left and also Martial as a 9.

But apart from that we're sorted.

Obviously van Gaal has to fuck off sharpish.
>>
>>67257776
No way.
No fucking way.
Please tell me this is true.
>>
>>67257776
hope this is true t.b.h.

pulling hair is far worse than having a swipe in retaliation

if fellaini does get banned that cunt Huth better get at least as many games as well, cowardly little prick
>>
>>67257729
>if the foul on depay was one yard inside
And if the foul on Mahrez had been called, Leicester would have gotten a penalty to go 2-1 up.
>>
>>67257776
fucking wot
>>
>>67257586
>being this delusional
Dude
>>
Can we PLEASE get someone who can take a fucking free kick. How the fuck did Depay score 7 last year, is the Dutch league really that shit?

Oh and corners. Just stop trying. Useless.
>>
Why are man united fans so entitled?
>>
Top 4 is gone, but we might not even finish 5th. That's the real scare tbqh
>>
>>67257826
i know but the point was it was close, had united won they would be a point ahead of either arsenal or city should there be a winner at the etihad

i.e. 4th place would be in united's hands
>>
>>67257880
No, it's not. Finishing 16th would be better than 5th.

>Wanting to play mickey mouse thursdays
No thanks. Would rather put all the eggs into winning the league under Mourinho with no distractions.
>>
>>67257883
and if we beat leicester and city don't beat southampton then we could have got top 4 by simply winning the rest of our games, irregardless of what results city and arsenal get.

oh well
>>
>>67257876
maybe because 2 of our bench players are more valuable than the entire leicester 25 mans squad including wages for a year?

why are you surprised united fans are unhappy about this season and that "performance" today?
>>
>>67257900
well I dont give a shit about EL, I was pointing out Liverpoop might still get ahead of us.
>>
Rojo's gonna cost us the FA Cup I just fucking know it. Zaha or Bolasie will rip him to shreds.
>>
>>67257921
city can still lose and draw against southampton and arsenal

especially when they are distracted/fatigued by this madrid game coming up
>>
>>67257936
makes no difference to me, as long as they don't win anything
>>
>>67257936
I dont think liverpool even give a shit about the league now, it's easier for them to win the EL than it is to get top 4

its west ham Im more worried about. we face them away, which will be their last ever match at upton park so emotions will be sky high

>>67257945
they can, but I just don't trust us winning the rest of our games. even norwich is making me worry ffs
>>
>draw with the champion
>will win FA cup
Van Laal overachieved. Why do manurefags want him gone?
>>
>>67257930
They play like a team rather than individuals on a field. Who cares what their wages or value are
>>
https://vine.co/v/ixBUZAbWu7t

LVG grabbing reporters hair. thought it would be more aggressive desu
>>
>>67257992
>b-but their players are on peanut wages compared to our overpaid garbage. We should win 4-0!
>>
>>67258005
Still a weird thing to do.
>>
>>67258005
gonna miss his interviews
>>
>>67258028
Who the fuck is saying that?
>>
don't be so down lads, at least you will spend another 200 million + under Mou while Arsenal are stuck with Wenger for another season and an already predicted 'quiet' summer.
>>
>>67257992
It's literally impossible for a manager to overachieve at Manchester United.

Biggest club in the world.
Unlimited transfer budget.
100% control over all transfers, operations and functions.
GOAT youth academy and under 21 league winners

To "overachieve" at United you'd have to win the treble and also somehow enter the team in the Super Bowl and World Series and win them too.

van Gaal is a spectacular failure.
>>
>>67257586
>After the positive signs in the FA semi-final, I thought we would turn it up a notch and win 3 or 4 nil today.

U wot?

After beating fucking >Neverton 2-1 you expected to beat the leaders (which has one of the top 3 defences in the league and no John Stones in sight) by 4-0?

United delusion truly knows no bounds, I see.
>>
>>67257993
what even is your point?

united should have a better team and better individuals. they don't. that's the problem. that's why united fans are so ""entitled""

i answered your question

it's like saying "why is a 300lbs heavyweight champions UFC fighter unhappy about being knocked out in less than a minute?"

answer is pretty obvious
>>
>>67258069
Think because they are a big club they deserve to win lol
>>
>>67258061
>GOAT youth academy
When will this myth end? The last time United's academy'produced any world-class players was in 92 in a lucky stroke.

Former United footballers are putting their kids in City's 500m academy while the old United Head Youth quit out of disillusionment and Woodward appointed Nicky fucking Butt in his place.

There's at least a dozen teams in Brazil who produced more and better players in the past 23 years than United.

Wake up, you have no fucking academy.
>>
>>67258061
>Biggest club in the world.
>cant even attract the top players in the world
>cant get muller
>cant get gaymar
>their best player, penaldo left the club
They do not have the pull to get the best players in the world. Money can't buy them good players.
>>
>>67258106
>Wake up, you have no fucking academy.

Oh christ this meme again
>>
>>67258069
Fergie would have beat that shite 4-0 easily with the same squad to pick from.

van Gaal is the problem. He's spoiling our player's growth and destroying our football spirit.
>>
>>67258106
Then how come United won the under 21 league with ease?

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>67258122
>van Gaal is the problem. He's spoiling our player's growth and destroying our football spirit.
No argument there.

t. ABLvG since 2000.
>>
>>67257667
>United was the superior team for 80%
>Muh possesion
Welp guess there are 16 better teams than Leicester since they have the 17th posession this season.
>>
>>67258136
>Then how come United won the under 21 league with ease?

Very simple.

Januzaj, Pereira and Fosu-Mensah LITERALLY CARRIED THE TEAM and 2 out of 3 of those still can't get any minutes under Lang Baal.

Not even kidding, go watch any of their U21 games. Like Tottenham a couple weeks ago. Januzaj and Pereira destroy any U21.
>>
>>67258163
>who is Weir
>who is Fletcher
>who is Goss
>who is Harrop
>who is Henderson
>who is Rothwell
>who is Cameron Borthwick-Jackson

Stop acting like you know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>67258215
Weir and Muir are decent, the goalkeeper is decent, the rest is crap.

Besides, winning the U21 leagues mean nothing, City/Chelsea have been winning the U15s and 18s for years and their youth still can't make into the team. Youth football is very different from pro.

FACT remains that United's academy haven't produced a world-class player since 1992.
>>
>>67258163
So why didn't City or whoever else simply stop them with their superior youth academies and superior upcoming players?

Oh wait, I know, it's because they're vastly inferior in every department and the United academy is significantly better and is up there with the very best in the world.

>>67258215
Rashford too of course.
>>
pls keep van gaal and don't get mourinho
>>
TRUST LVG's young guns they will deliver!
>>
>>67258267
>Under 15s and Under 18s means more than under 21s

Eh.. right you are then m8. Whatever you say.

I guess the under 10s are even more important, right?

>The city of you

>United's academy haven't produced a world-class player since 1992.
Beckham in 96.
>>
>>67258283
>pls keep van gaal and don't get mourinho

Would be the most hilarious choice, for sure.

The only reason I even want van Gaal out is so Pereira can finally get minutes, fuck the rest of the team, the club and the fans.
>>
>city losing 2-0

fuck sake don't make me hope again
>>
>>67258316
Beckham debuted in 92 you mong.
>>
>>67258267
>FACT remains that United's academy haven't produced a world-class player since 1992.
Fletcher
Brown
Welbeck
Rashford
Pogba
Jaunzaj

Where do you think Lester got the spine of their team from? They're all ex United.
>>
>Shity

Top 4 back on m8s
>>
>>67258357
>one appearance
>in the league cup
>as a sub
>last 5 minutes
>then had 3 years before playing in a united shirt again

yeah okay
His breakthrough season was 95/96.
>>
>>67258373
>Pogba
There's exactly 1 world class player in your entire list, he's actually a Le Havre product which left United exactly because he could't get minutes thanks to the amazing decision of playing Cleverley and Rafael in the midfield in front of him, top kek.
>>
>>67258373

Pogba is the only player of those that would qualify as world class. Some people would also argue he is a potentially world class player but not there yet.

If you seriously think Fletcher, Brown, Welkuck etc. are or ever were world class you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>67258409
>>67258447
Fletcher was easily world class from 08-12. You have no idea what you're talking about.

And how many ""world class"" players have City, Chelsea, Arsenal produced from their academies since 92?

Pro-tip: None.
>>
>>67258447
m8 fletcher was the best CM in the prem for 3 years

he's the reason they lost the CL to barca, for his wrongful suspension after that bullshit red card at arsenal for making yet another world class challenge to save a goal
>>
>>67258447
you should watch some games where Fletch figured in, perhaps during '07 to '12.

Brown might not be world class, but definately something slightly under that level.
>>
>>67258768
Well if people are going to call the likes of Segio Ramos and Puyol world class then Brown was comfortably world class.
>>
>>67257586
>I expected United will beat EPL 2016 champions by 3 or 4 goals
fuck, you're more delusional than Liverpool fans
>>
>>67258800
Yeah, it's Leicester m8, not Barcelona.

They've taken advantage of how poor and inconsistent everyone else has been, but at the end of the day they are still relegation fodder with a couple of surprise class players chucked into the mix.

Fergie would have demolished them today with the exact same squad van Gaal had.
>>
>>67258061
>biggest club in the world
They aren't even bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.
>>
>>67258849
Yeah m80, keep on living in your world where United is the best in the world, where in reality you're worse than fucking Arsenal. I'm sure you will buy some nice flops this summer.
>>
>>67259014
>where in reality you're worse than fucking Arsenal. I'm sure you will buy some nice flops this summer.
Where did I say otherwise?

>keep on living in your world where United is the best in the world
And where did I imply this?

They should be the best in the world, but are falling well short of it. val Gaal must go ASAP.

Sure you even read the post you're replying to?
>>
>>67257826
and the foul on Fellaini (hair pulling) had been called, United would have got a penalty to go 3-2 up
>>
>>67259280
His foul on Huth would have been called first.
>>
Rate my united XI for next season:

-----------------De Gay
Fosu-Mensah Smalling Blind Shaw
Depay Schneiderlin Rooney Martial
------------------Fellaini
-----------------Rashford

Manager: Giggs
>>
what we can gather is that refs are shite and are ruining the fan and player experience

not just in the prem. i can name a couple of major examples from just the past couple of weeks

>boro legit goal disallowed. 2 yards onside
>ajax gifted pen that puts them top on goal difference with psv
>>
>>67258332
>Currently 3-1

THERE'S STILL CHANCE, PAKI/ELLIE
>>
File: 1414776212844.gif (1011 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
1414776212844.gif
1011 KB, 500x273
>>67259449
arsenal better not disappoint
>>
>>67259303
Might want to watch it again. Fellaini reacts to Huth's hair-pulling.

Nailed on penalty and a yellow card at the very least.
>>
>>67259478
>arsenal better not disappoint
>arsenal
>not disappointing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA

City will beat them 5-0
>>
Mane doing it for us lads, he'll be a United legend when he signs next season.
>>
>CITY LOSING 4-1

WE GONNA MAKE THE TOP 4
>>
>>67259647
No.

They'll easily do Arsenal at home. Like no contest 6-0, 7-0 scoreline.

Arsenal are awful and it'll be City's World Cup final because they'll have just been BTFO by Madrid.
>>
>>67258061
>Chelsea win 5 out of the last 7 FA youth cups
>Have also won the last three in a row
>Have won the European youth league 2 years in a row
>Chelsea youngsters are the most sought after in Europe
>United's academy is still somehow considered the best because their U21 team - regularly filled with senior players - ends up winning the U21 league

United's academy isn't even the third best in England
>>
>>67259687
City have won 0 games against the top 7.
>>
>>67257540
POST FEET
E
E
T
>>
>>67259508
nah they would of recently played Real, it'll probably be a scrappy draw
>>
>>67258499
>>67258530
>>67258768
hahahahaha one of you has to be the anon that spent half an hour insisting that john o shea was the best cb in the world 7 years ago this is stop level delusion
>>
>>67259687
Arsenal have a decent record against city, chelsea is there real bogey team.
>>
>>67259697
>MUH FA CUPS
United's youth have won 10 out of the last 14 league titles.

Cups are for boys
Leagues are for men
>>
>>67257361
LVG is a freak in the sheets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SmrDd4bwhM
>>
>>67260049
As shit as he's been, he's at least entertaining in interviews. Can't forget his mad speech at the POTY awards last year either.
>>
>>67260109
As someone who does not support Man Utd I love him, not just because he isn't a great manager, but because he is blunt as fuck.
>>
File: Retarded3.jpg (119 KB, 804x787) Image search: [Google]
Retarded3.jpg
119 KB, 804x787
>>67257361
>Can we sack this shit now please?
If you can't achieve anything with him, just who the hell do you think you're gonna get who's gonna be any better? Klopp, maybe? Get real, make the best of what you've got and sack Rooney instead.
>>
>>67260298
>Klopp, maybe?

Yes, we'll go and sign the Liverpool manager. Clearly I'm the retard here.
>>
>>67260567
>United sign the Liverpool manager
>tfw this will never actually happen

Would be fucking hilarious
>>
If we win our next 3 and City draw to Arsenal. All of you will be shut.

God bless LVG the tactical genius.
>>
>>67260810
City haven't won a single game against the top 4, Arsenal will lose on principle.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.