[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The great debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7
File: smallforwards.jpg (64 KB, 620x416) Image search: [Google]
smallforwards.jpg
64 KB, 620x416
The great debate
>>
>>67194399
Lebron has had the better stats and a better career
Bird was infinitely more clutch
>>
>>67194399
Just the fact that Bird is in the conversation when you compare their genetics for sports tells you how skilled he was.
>>
>>67194399
One cried about cramps and the other played through back injuries.
>>
>>67194415
Bird has higher career averages m8
>>
>>67194399
Lebron was a better athlete. ......that was it. Bird was a better basketball player.
>>
LeBron for the first three quarters. Bird for the last.
>>
>>67194488
If that's the case it's no competition.
>>
>>67194415
Bird has better averages and more championships
>>
>>67194399
Staying with Miami would have helped LeBron's legacy, but as it stands Bird.
>>
>>67194399
Is this even a serious question?
>>
>>67194399
Clyde Drexler

"I was guarding him my rookie year. He looks at me and he goes, "You can't stop me." I looked at him and I said, "Gosh. Boy you're so confident." He goes, "Confident? You're a rookie. You don't know anything." He proceeded to score like 10 straight points on me. Coach took me out the game, and he walks by and he's laughing at me."
>>
K.C Jones

"We are playing in Seattle. Five seconds left on the clock and the score is tied and it is our timeout. In the huddle, I am thinking Xavier McDaniel is guarding Larry. So I said, “Now Kevin, you take the ball out and get it to Dennis and Dennis you can finish that.” Larry said, “Why don’t you just give me the ball and tell everybody else to get the hell out of the way?” So I said, “Larry you play, and I’ll coach.” And he said, “All right.” So I said, “Dennis, you take it out and you get it to Kevin. Kevin you get it to Larry and everybody else get the hell out of the way.” That is communication. Before the timeout was over, he leaves the huddle, and I said to myself, where is he going? And Xavier was right there and Bird said, “Xavier, I’m getting the ball. I’m going to take two dribbles to the left. I’m going to step back behind the three point line and stick it.” And that is what he did. So when he stepped back behind the line and released the ball, as soon as he released it, his arm was still in the air going to the dressing room. Game over."
>>
>>67194399
Never seen or heard of this debate
>>
>>67194399
What debate. The guy in the white shirt is just a physical beast. The guy with the mustache is a true basket ball player. Who could do it all.
>>
>>67194399
I'm embarrassed for /sp/ that this is an actual debate
>>
Larry was a real player in the NBA's prime. Lebron is a marketing hypejob in a glorified streetball league.
>>
Bump2
>>
>>67195032
So fucking based
>>
>>67195396
"On a West Coast trip in 1986, Bird told the entire Dallas Mavericks bench that after the time out, Ainge would inbounds the pass to DJ, who would hit Bird in the corner where Bird would step back and take a three. "So you got that?" Bird queried the bench. "I'm gonna stand right here. I'm not going to move. They'll pass me the ball, and the next sound you here will be the ball hitting the bottom of the net." And that's exactly what happened. Bird winked at the Mavericks before heading back down to the other end of the court."
>>
>>67194399
Bird all day everyday.
>>
>>67195032
I love sports
>>
I view them as equals with LeBron having a higher ceiling

Career aint over, can he catch Bird?
>>
>>67194399

Lebron
>>
>>67195032
thats some MJ tier trash talk
>>
>>67195337
I don't think you can get any more accurate with as few words
>>
>>67194399
bird played in converse anklecrushers and didn't grow a foot of jawline during his career

also has better stats

also invented the jordan meme

no contest
>>
This site hates LeBron so much. Bird was a better rebounder, LeBron is a better passer, scorer, and leagues better at defense, especially in his prime. Definitely deserved a DPOY.
>>
>>67195337
This x1000.
>>
>>67197425
Nah, bro. Just a lot of basketball casuals who don't see the mastery of skill LeBron possesses. He isn't merely a lab created marvel of negroscience. He is a movement and balance genius. A Bio-mechanical Virtuoso. This is evident in the way he falls so elegantly to avoid injury despite being hit out of the air.
>>
>>67194483
Didn't the old Boston Garden originally have no A/C? Makes LeCramps look like even more of a bitch.
>>
Well considering Lebron is on his way to finishing his career as the GOAT...
>>
>>67197425
Nigga please.
>>
File: 1456454502051.jpg (39 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456454502051.jpg
39 KB, 640x640
>>67194399
there is no debate
>>67197425
>>67197620
and these are bait
>>
>>67194572
this.
>>
Reggie Miller

"My rookie year, we played the Celtics at Market Square. It was a close game, but we could never beat them. It came down to free throws. There were about twenty seconds left, and we fouled Bird. We were down by 3 points. Bird went to the line to shoot two. I was standing on the line - and being a rookie dumbass and not realizing this was one of the best free throw shooters to ever the play the game, I tried to throw off his timing. As he went to shoot, I kind of said out the side of my mouth, "Hey! Hey!"
He stopped right before he shot, looked at me, and said, "You got to be kidding me. Rook you got to be kidding me." He shot one. Boom. We are down 4 now. Bird gets the ball again, and before he shot, he said, "Rook, I'm the best shooter in the league right now. In the league. Understand? And you're up here trying to say something?" Boom. We were down by 5. What made it worse was that Kevin McHale and Danny Ainge were laughing their asses off. I was thinking, "What a dumbass I am. You're up here talking shit to Larry Bird. He's at the free throw line." I felt so stupid."
>>
>>67195032
>>67194986
>>67195566
>>67197685

>old men making up stories to glorify the past

this is some al bundy polk high level revisionism, repeated by provincial knobs who have literally nothing else to look forward to in life.
>>
>>67197801
>lelbron babby is this upset
>>
>>67197659

LeBron has more Points, Rebounds, Assist, Steals, Rebounds, 3's etc.
>>
Imagine Lebron playing in the 80s NBA when it was physical and making a funny face wasn't a foul. They would break him
>>
>>67197801
Bill Walton

"At the end of one of the trips, he had accomplished every goal, we hadn’t lost a game on the trip and Larry told all of us players and the media too, we were all standing around waiting to leave, he said “Tomorrow night’s the last game of the trip, I’m going to play this one left-handed, at least through three quarters”.
“At the end of three quarters, the next night in Portland against poor Jerome Kersey, he had 27 points. It was a remarkable performance.”

Bird finished with 47 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and dished out 11 assists (21-34 FG). For good measure, he hit the game tying shot to send the game to OT, and then made the game winning shot.
>>
>>67197907
You're crazy. LeBron would dominate even harder because he can fight back.

These days he has to literally accept flagrant fouls or he's ejected and his team loses.
>>
>>67197829
i hate lebron, but he's surpassed bird. sorry your le bad back white jesus is not the lord and saviour
>>
>>67197960
ooh ooh, tell us the one about paul bunyan next
>>
>>67197961
If he cracked under pressure on multiple occasion in this era, what makes you think he handle it back then?
>>
>>67197980
Former Pistons player John Salley told this story:

“The ball went to Larry, and Isiah was all out of wack, he had the ball at three point range and goes ‘hey hey hey, who’s guarding me?!’, I looked around, he just stood there held the ball, Isiah said aww ran out there, he shot it, three pointer. Too late.”
>>
>>67198012
Because he learned, came back, and won the ship, then battled with the Spurs who are one of the greatest teams of all time and would slay ANY of Jordan's finals opponents.

You're fuckin retarded if you honestly believe the memes you're spewing. On some Skip Bayless shit.
>>
>>67198040
lol simmons, record a podcast about sports already. your interviews with entertainers and "tech billionaires" are fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>67198081
"After Bird made four straight baskets with Rodman guarding him, he ran over to Chuck Daly and asked "who's guarding me, Chuck? Is anyone guarding me? You better get someone on me or I'm gonna go for 60." Then he'd continue the banter the next time he got the ball with Rodman inches away."
>>
>>67198068
If you had a choice of a shot from half court to save your life, which of the two would you pick?
>>
>>67198142
shaq
>>
>>67198142
Bird lol. LeBron's shot is trash right now.
>>
>>67198068
Took him about 9 years to learn how to win the 'ship?
>>
>>67198182
It only took Bird 2
>>
File: larry lgend.webm (762 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
larry lgend.webm
762 KB, 640x480
>>67194399
not sure. larry is easily the goat white player.
>>
>>67197801
i'm pretty sure you're either retarded or just a youngfag.
>>
bird easy. bron can't even make freethrows. bird shot above 90% at the line multiple times. bird easily.
>>
Larry Bird got BTFO multiple times on the court by an AIDS victim.

That would never happen to Lebron.
>>
>>67197879
lebron came straight out of high school you retard

averages are all that matter if youve been in the league for 10+ years
>>
>>67197425
>Definitely deserved a DPOY.
LMAO, watch more ESPN

Bird was easily better.
>>
File: f-yeah.jpg (7 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
f-yeah.jpg
7 KB, 180x280
>>67194399
I watched the Dream Team play back in the 1990s, and I watched Larry Bird stop, post up a guy, look down at his feet to make sure he was outside the 3-pt arc (which was closer for the Olympics), then shoot the 3 and make it.

Fuck Lebron.
>>
Bird has 3 rings playing in a conference with Moses Malone, Julius Erving, Dominique Wilkins, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Isiah Thomas and the Bad Boy Pistons and then he had to face Magic and Kareem in the Finals.

Lebron has 2 rings playing in a conference where the biggest stars have been Derrick Rose, the geriatric KG and Paul Pierce, Paul George, Roy Hibber and Paul Milsapp.
>>
This is a MUCH better comparison than MJ v LeBron (I think a better one would be Magic)

I want Bird for the last 10 mins of a close game where he's behind.

LeBron for the first 3 quarters leading the team.
>>
>>67200833
Oh, and I forgot he beat Hakeem Olajuwon's Rockets too.

80s were the most stacked era of the NBA, Lecuck would have 0 rings while begging Jordan and Magic to team up with him every off season if he was drafted back then
>>
>>67200833

He got smoked twice by the Pistons during the playoffs. Rodman was right about him.
>>
>>67200996
>Rodman
>being right

Confirmed for fetus.
>>
>>67197801
that's some high quality shitposting right thurr
>>
>>67200759
Lebron has done that numerous times lol Take off those rose tinted glasses you crusty ass fuck.
>>
>>67200996
He did, after besting them once and when playing with a broken back.

Lebron would be asking to be taken out with """cramps""" after 1.5 quarters against those Pistons.

Let's keep jerking off to Lebron cherry picking stars for his newest super teams and beating up 45 win teams in the play offs before getting BTFO by the first decent team he faces
>>
>>67201041
>numerous times
Sorry, cleaning my glasses. How many Olympics did Lebron play in?
>>
>>67197569
How? LeBron came right back in when he got cramps and hit the dagger 3. He also had twice the muscles so cramps would affect him more
>>
>>67201066

>besting them
>the original meme play

Thomas made a mistake.
>>
>>67201158
And Bird had the skill and presence of mind to take full advantage of that mistake.

Lecuck would be on the sideline bitching about cramps and not having enough help.
>>
>Lebron getting btfo

Lebron is a great player but bird was simply better.
>>
>>67197425
> DPOY

almost didn't realize this was b8
>>
This thread made it really sink in for me how shitty and watered down the NBA is now.
>>
Larry Bird has better stats than a man playing in one of the weakest conferences in history.
>>
File: 1452401761824.gif (766 KB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
1452401761824.gif
766 KB, 400x218
>>67201137
>He also had twice the muscles so cramps would affect him more
>>
>>67194399
The only player that's most like Larry Bird is Dirk Nowitzki
>>
>>67194415
>better stats

lebrons best season 12-13
.491fga/26pts/2stl/7ast/8rbd

birds best season 85-86
.517fga/26pts/2stl/8ast/9rbd

at least bird never got cucked by dwight howard and the orlando magic
>>
>>67200465
nah, that's steph curry
>>
>>67200516
>everything was so much better before color was invented

get with the times, archeologist. bet you also think the mayans were the goat national soccer team.
>>
>>67201791
>80s
>before colour was invented
so you're not only 15, you're also a literal retard
>>
>>67201499
Lebron shot 56.5% from the field that year, and 40.6% from 3
>>
>>67201821
>regular season
>meaning anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7KZGGQCyw

>le cant enter the dunk contest man
>>
>>67201817
then why are there literally zero pictures of larry bird in color you fucking mong
>>
File: 460x1240.jpg (69 KB, 460x689) Image search: [Google]
460x1240.jpg
69 KB, 460x689
>>67201927
Here you go.
>>
I dont care for the Warriors, butting seeing Lebron get absolutely fucking memed on in their first clash was one of the best moments of this season.

I think Curry stole the ball from him like 5 times in the half. Lebron looked like he was on the verge of tears and started chimping out in the third
>>
>>67201863
LeBron's best postseason was in 2011-2012 where he averaged 30.3 points, 9.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, and shot 50%.
>>
Lebron would have been better if he played in a tougher league.
>>
>>67202079
Thank you
>>
>>67202040
>le stats man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5Xw1AJQKc
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.