[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did they deserve their punishment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: 4012912640_97fd51496d_o.jpg (129 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
4012912640_97fd51496d_o.jpg
129 KB, 1440x900
Did they deserve their punishment?
>>
Deserved worse. Got off with yet another slap on the wrist because Kraft and Goodell are longtime buddies.
>>
Yes, now fuck off
>>
Obviously not.

Remember how before the season the league said that they'll be collecting ball pressure data to see how they behave in different conditions? And remember how after the season they pretty much said "Nothing to see here guys, move along"?
>>
>>67190057
No.

God knows what they've done and the entire organization and their fans have to live with the shame.

I have no pity for them, but they have been brought to justice in Denver. Soon they wilk rise again, but always inferior to Denver.
>>
lel

Basement dwelling cucks on 4chan obviously don't know basic grade 10 science.

They didn't do anything.
>>
>>67190068
>people unironically think goodell and kraft aren't butt buddies
>>
Denver gives them punishment
>>
Nah.

And I won't even rub it in even though I don't like the Pats
>>
>>67190057

no, PSI drops when its fucking sub zero outside.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DaYCeIsWono
>>
It's appalling how ignorant and petty the average fan is, who wants to believe so badly they did something.

Even if there was 110% undeniable evidence, the fact people think a 1st round pick and suspension is a worthy punishment are fucking insane. It's worth a $25k fine to the team at most and MAYBE a 6th round pick like the Falcons got for pumping in fake noise. Can you imagine if it was the Pats pumping in fake noise?

NFL is fraudulent and has been proven to been lying and deceiving throughout not only this Brady case, but several others as well, including BountyGate, SpyGate, Ray Rice "gate" and more.
>>
>>67190123

LMFAO how would this faggot know anything?

The balls lost air pressure due to cold temperatures. It's that fucking simple. This is basic science and it happens all the damn time with peoples' car tires. Even 3 of the 4 measured Colts balls were under-inflated. The difference is they measured them at the end of the half (hence running out of time to measure the rest) which means they had a longer period of time to warm up than the Patriot footballs which had just gotten in from the cold and were measured within minutes.

People want to plug their ears and ignore basic science. It's hilarious, yet so sad.
>>
>>67190057
For this issue, no. However, they have been the beneficiaries of some sketchy shit in the past.
>tuck rule because 9/11
>>
>>67190135
Breaking the rules for a competitive edge, especially when it's the second time you've gotten caught, is worth expulsion from the league. Imagine if this happened in any other profession. At the very least, BB should be suspended indefinitely.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wls6WT0DrFM

>professor from NY
>admits to hating the Patriots
>studies the cheating and integrity of sports
>acknowledges the NFL's fraudulence and Brady's innocence, claiming nothing happened except for basic science lowering the air pressure
>>
>>67190193
>tuck rule because 9/11
You do realise that Tuck Rule was a thing since the 90s and not something that the refs made up on the spot to bail out the Patriots and their no-name QB, right?
>>
The better question to ask is will they cheat again?
>>
>>67190123
Gee Troy, if I were a QB, I would hope my equipment caddies didn't try to actively sabotage me too.

Such insight
>>
>>67190186
t. bandwagoning faggot whose greatest sporting achievement is throwing cheetos into his mouth
>>
>>67190230
You realize that the tuck rule shouldn't have applied to Brady since he already completed the entire motion?

Pats have ALWAYS been on the positive side of Refball when calls were bullshit, and they even rewrote some of the rules to benefit them more. Like how defenders can't even breath on the QBs now becuase Brady couldn't take a minor hit to his knee.
>>
>>67190344
You're in the cheatriots subreddit, don't bother
>>
>>67190201

They didn't even break the rules you dumb cunt. Have you not considered the possibility you’re actually dead fucking wrong and misinformed as fuck?

Do you not give a shit about basic science taught in grade 10 classes across the country? Basic science that’s probably affected your car tires in the morning (assuming you leave your house and can afford a car).

"2nd time gotten caught" - I bet you have no idea what spygate was about. They misinterpreted a rule in the NFL Operations Manual - which is totally separate from the actual rule book. The same thing they got "caught" doing (filming games and sidelines from an unapproved location - as opposed to one of many legal locations) was something the Jets did a year before. The Patriots complained and yet the league did nothing. The same league run by former Jets intern Roger Goodall and former Jets VP of Football Operations for 30 years, Mike Kensil.

The whole "taping practices" bullshit was a fabrication made out of total thin air by an anonymous source that got published a few days before the 07-08 SuperBowl. It had absolutely nothing to do with spygate and the investigation. Regardless, it never came close to being proven and the entire story was retraced and apologized for. The alleged claim said they had filmed Rams' red-zone plays anyway - which was highly unlikely to be true anyway, since the Rams scored the 2 times they got to the red-zone in that game.

None of that matters though, does it? Petty fans like you don't care about facts, logic or reason, similar to today's regressive leftists and cancerous social justice warriors. Just throw around some corny memes, buzz words like "cheaters" "cheatriots lolol" and plug your ears when you're confronted with basic science.
>>
>>67190417

Predicting the replies to this post:

>kek tl;dr, cheatriots bandwagon fan, canuck flair gtfo
>>
File: 1s.png (32 KB, 107x153) Image search: [Google]
1s.png
32 KB, 107x153
I don't see why Pats fans feel the need to argue with literal plebeians on this board about something that was not only scientifically proven to be false, but ironically continues to make the NFL look like the bad guy, while bitter fans of lesser teams keep on rolling with the jealousy.

I mean, literal professors and high ranking judges have sided with the Patriots, a team that is admittedly unlikable because of the constant success despite literally every handicap in the book. People say refball, but the Patriots are just disciplined, and it goes hand in hand with their success so they're usually the least penalized team in the league, if you don't want a flag then don't give the refs and excuse then, that's the Patriot way.
>>
>NFL destroys evidence and tells everyone to trust them everything is fine
>muh spygate was just about being two yards in one direction
Cheatriot bandwagoners are so delusional it's hilarious
>foreign cheatriot bandwagons
LMAO
>>
>>67190230
No I did not know this. Can you provide me with evidence?
>>
>>67190417
Says the cheater.
>>
>>67190479
The Patriots were hit with the Tuck Rule earlier in the season.
>>
>>67190479
>The tuck rule was a controversial rule in American football used by the National Football League from 1999 until 2013.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_rule_(American_football)

Also it was called against the Patriots literally earlier in the same season as the Raiders game
>>
>>67190460
>>
all the evidence is there. you look at the text messages between the equipment guys and it's obvious. it doesn't matter what kind of lawyer semantic bullshit you want to argue. anyone can see exactly what they meant when they were talking about the "deflator"
>>
>>67190480
Build wall juan
>>
>>67190552
Aaron Rodgers has an "inflator" on his squad ;)
>>
>>67190552
Deflating balls is not illegal, Brady likes the balls on the lower end of the spectrum so he tells his equipment guys to deflate them a little bit. Nothing wrong with that.

Retards just saw the name "Deflategate" pasted all over the news and jumped at the first mention of the word "deflate" as if it was irrevocable proof of cheating going on.
>>
Yes.
>>
File: giseleniggers.jpg (59 KB, 500x659) Image search: [Google]
giseleniggers.jpg
59 KB, 500x659
>>67190538
>your wife makes more money than you do and probably fucks niggers on the side
is tom brady, dare i say it, a... c-cuck?
>>
Patriots should get relegated to the ACC
>>
>>67190577
the proof of a competitive advantage is in that ever since the patriots lobbied the nfl to let teams handle their own balls, all of tom brady's passing stats have went up. wow! the year after was a significant jump too
>>
>>67190588
Tom Brady's marriage is probably one of the most respectable celebrity marriages in the world, like Tiger Woods marriage before it turned out to be a fraud.

And it was smart to marry a woman that makes more money than you, then theres no reason for her to try and take all your money in a fit of pms.
>>
>>67190604
You don't think the League progressively becoming more and more passing oriented has nothing to do with that?
>>
>>67190604
And in the year when the balls were scrutinised more than ever he posted one of the best seasons of his career at the age of 38.

correlation does not prove causation you moron
>>
File: giselekidnappedbynigger.jpg (8 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
giselekidnappedbynigger.jpg
8 KB, 195x258
>>67190618
ahh yes, 2016 where getting cucked by niggers IS respectable. i love progress. so tolerant!
>>
>Patriots stats suddenly improve post-rule
>Pats ball-man caught taking the balls into a bathroom
>Tom Brady destroys his cell phone

yeah, this is all totally legit
>>
>>67190648
Those guys aren't "niggers" they probably got paid billions to pose in that shoot, and they're probably more educated than you'll ever be in your life.
>>
>>67190640
he had one of the weakest schedules and gronk could get jay cutler to the superb owl. what was brady's td to int ratio before gronk? i'll save you some time, it was 2:1. after gronk it's 4:1. he's a gronk babby
>>
>>67190655
1st of all, he was told that the phone will not be required

2nd of all, he submitted his phone records
>>
>>67190665
you're actually a nigger loving cuck lmao
>>
>>67190552

Did you even read the text messages? One called himself a "deflator" in the off-season for fucks sake and it was clearly referring to weight loss if you look at the context. Sounds stupid but that's what most peoples' texts are - stupid shit. NFL even had a commercial that used "deflate" in a weight loss context. The two ball-boys were questioned hard 5-6 times by investigators and didn't "crack" once. The average person will almost always cracks if they're hiding something.

The whole "Brady destroyed his phone duurr" meme is garbage as well. His lawyers forbid him from providing it. He was actually willing to hand it over initially. But they already had the ball-boys phones and didn't find a single notable text from Brady on there. There was nothing in his e-mails as well. Red herring. Totally irrelevant.

Again, you don't care about logic or facts, do you?
>>
>>67190668
How the fuck is that relevant to Deflategate?

You're not even discussing the issue, you're just releasing your pent up rage in the form of random anti-Brady bullshit. You should check yourself
>>
File: 1460676434436.png (242 KB, 642x2676) Image search: [Google]
1460676434436.png
242 KB, 642x2676
>>67190648

This is you.
>>
>>67190693
because the advantage given by deflated balls is slight, but still an advantage. i'm not saying brady is bad, just that he's overrated. having a weak schedule and throwing to once in a lifetime talent doesn't change the fact that he actually cheated. you're the one bringing up things that aren't irrelevant to the discussion at hand by the way
>>
>>67190703
I don't think theres a single black man that does that. Typical bitter white male internet propaganda.
>>
>>67190514
Thank you. I stand corrected.
>>
>>67190718
>you're the one bringing up things that aren't irrelevant to the discussion
>things that aren't irrelevant
exactly :^)
>>
>>67190731
it's past my bed time. what's your excuse for being a shit head? oh right, english "education"
>>
>>67190720
>slave race with an inferiority complex
>not a single black man does that.
oh you.
>>
>>67190718

There was no "advantage" because it never fucking happened, lmao. Andrew Luck's balls were also deflated that game. It's basic fucking science. Any team/QB who plays in cold weather will be playing with footballs with reduced air pressure. There's no unfair advantage you dumb cunt.

Even if this was intentional, Sports Science concluded it would give 1mm of grip (you know how tiny that is?) but reduce the velocity of the football when throwing.

If anything - overinflating footballs is a significantly bigger advantage. More velocity on the ball and DBs aren't used to it so when they go to make an INT they tend to drop it. This is Aaron Rodgers, who actually ADMITTED to overinflating balls and telling Phil Simms, who went over it on-air during a Packers game.
>>
>>67190792
I don't think your can say that when this website is an enclave of white male depression and extreme outpouring hatred for the world and other races
>>
>>67190718

This is hilarious. Oh no! Brady isn't allowed to have TEs that are very good! It's not fair!

No fucking shit it helps his stats, just like Jerry Rice helped Joe Montana's stats and Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, & more helped Peyton Manning's. You could go on and on about every fucking great QB in this league about their stats.
>>
>>67190830
Uh, I wasn't saying black men don't get "swiped" on dating websites. I was saying they don't go out of their way to promote propaganda of their own race because they have alot of other things to worry about, like where they might have to sleep.
>>
Obviously they did it but obviously the advantage gained is overblown and the punishment wildly severe. Its essentially using stickum, should've just been a fine, maybe a mid-late pick taken
>>
>>67190868

Obviously they did it? Obviously? Yikes. Have you not seen the billions of articles, videos, highly acclaimed lawyers & professors proving the NFL to be frauds? Or the independent scientific firms and institutions (even grade 10 students) who've provided info regarding basic science involved with air pressure lowering in cold temperatures? Or do you just plug your ears and ignore that?
>>
The pick taken away was too far, as ball psi decreases when it's cold so you couldn't prove Brady did shit, but brady getting a suspension is fine by me, as he knowingly destroyed a phone which could have shown he was intentionally tampering with balls to gain a competitive edge.

t. clueless brit
>>
Broncos punished them TWICE
>>
>>67190344
>Like how defenders can't even breath on the QBs now
That shit started because of Ty Law and Belichick's bullshit vs the Rams. Fuck off
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.