[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if the unstoppable force met the immovable object?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: David vs David.png (189 KB, 860x439) Image search: [Google]
David vs David.png
189 KB, 860x439
What would happen if the unstoppable force met the immovable object?
>>
Memes jack, memes
>>
Vardy would actually be great for Atleti desu.
>>
That atleti back four stopped MSN
But the Leicester back four has stopped the entire premier league
Would be a 0-0 first leg then a cheeky 1-0 in the second after extra time
Who would actually win is a toss of a coin
I want it to be lesta
>>
Both teams would immediatly fall back into a defensive structure waiting for the other team to push forward so they can counter attack.

The ball would sit in the middle of the field untouched for 45 minutes. Rinse and repeat in the second half and second leg.

Vardy scores in the 119th minute as the ball reality glitches through the field into the goal due to pent up meme magic.
>>
>>67151291
Atleti is also the team wich less goals against in Spain, so...
>>
Penalty to Leicester!
>>
>>67150856
Whatever happens, they both lose all of their best players in the summer.
>>
1-0 atleti
>>
>>67150856
Meme off bro, you and me!
>>
>>67151523

>in Spain

stopped readng right there
>>
Atletico would win (or a 0-0 draw).

Leicester's defence is far from elite and they concede a fair amount of chances and make mistakes. What's absolutely world class about Leicester is not their defence but their transitions from defence into counter attack, however, the only time Atletico allow you to go on the counter attack is after set pieces so Leicester would simply have no way of scoring.
>>
>>67151580
You lost a ', so...'
>>
It already happened. Madrid won using the ultimate refball. The ref was never allowed to ref in Europe again after this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC7SgRdRu5U
>>
>>67151748
> Getting book for taking the free kick too early
> Sent him off

Holy fuck, surely that ref was paid off, that fucking manlet. Lennon should have nutted him.
>>
even PSV got two 0-0's against Atletico. Mahrez and Vardy could show them a thing or two about a thing or two tb
>>
>>67150856

We would need to ask the Oracle what the meme magic would will into being.
>>
>>67151497
made me laugh
>>
>>67152270
Don't ever reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>67152397
Don't ever talk to my wife's son like that again
>>
>>67150856
The unstoppable force will pass right through the immovable object. Simple quantum physics there.
>>
>>67150856
i don't know who would win but the dad dad guy would cry himself to death.
>>
>>67153849
YOU CANNOT
>>
Leicester would get completely destroyed. They can do it against Swansea or Watford but there's no way they don't get raped by top tier Spanish opposition.
>>
Biggest PED bust in sporting history lol!
>>
>>67150856
whoever is better at penalties, so probably atletico
>>
>>67150856
We had this in 2014, Atlético won 3-1.
>>
>>67151497
Literally laughed at this fucking why.
>>
That champions league patch is gonna look sexy on the Leicester kits.
>>
>>67153682
They cannot exist on the same universe.
>>
>>67151558
this
>>
>>67150876
this, he'd fit right into how they play plus he's a lairy cunt
>>
>>67151497
good chuckle senpai.

I award you with this "speedrun" of an old game. First few goals are meh to get you used to the game mechanics. A few goals of pure skill and trickery later, the meme magic begins to show up in full force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz4ib8d59sg
>>
>>67151497

Holy shit please make it happen
>>
>>67150856
Ranieri and Simeone would finally complete their transformation to super memeian and start a dynasty in their leagues and every year the champions league final would be lester-atleti for the next 10years
>>
>>67151558
fucking kek

so true
>>
Can we stop pretending that Lester got a great defense? They don't ship many goals sure but look at the teams they play against, most of EPL players wouldn't even warm the bench on mid table La Liga sides.
>>
Boring 0:0, maybe some set-piece goal and that's it.

Atletico actually couldn't score against PSV Eindhoven in 210 minutes, that's how effective they are when the game requires them to put offensive pressure on opponent. Deep-defending, reactive counterattacking babbies.
>>
>>67163971
Barca couldn't score in 90 minutes against fucking Real Sociedad.

And teams play much more careful in the CL.
>>
>>67163933
TOPKEK
>>
>>67163933
>most of EPL players wouldn't even warm the bench on mid table La Liga sides
Juanmi joined Southampton from Malaga in the summer. He made 34 appearances and scores 9 goals in his last season there, finishing 9th in La Liga. He is yet to start a game for Southampton, has made 7 league appearances and scored 0 goals.

I don't follow the transfer activity of other clubs, but I suspect Juanmi isn't a flukey coincidence.
>>
>>67163971

We(PSV) have a great keeper though, if it wasnt for him we would not have made it to 210 minutes.
>>
>>67164657
what part of P are you from m8?
>>
>>67164522
Southampton and now Spurs got Alderweireld, half of Citys squad are players bigger teams in Spain didn't want, Arsenil got Sanchez and Özil, two La Liga rejects who are the only reason they are chasing the 4th placed trophy, Stroke took couple kids from Barca and Real, there are also guys like Santi Cazorla, Bojan, and obviously Fabregas and Pedro. All looked much better in the EPL. Just the ones I remember.

Juanmi ... never seen him play but maybe Koeman just failed to use him right or got the wrong player for his team?

I am a Lester /lifelong/ like everybody else here, and they do have a very nice organized defence but until they surprise everybody in CL and play against quality opposition like Barca, Buyern, Real and the likes, comparing them to Atlético is just ridiculous.
>>
>>67164672

The shitty part
>>
>>67164688
I agree with what you've said here, but you've shifted the basis of your argument from mid-table La Liga sides to the bigger teams in Spain.
>>
>>67151523
You have to be literal league one tier to let goals in in Spain.
If I put Plymouth argyle into LA Liga in a season they'd let in around 20 goals, all against the top three
>>
>>67164819
Well, perhaps "mid table" was painting in too broad strokes. Let's take their current top 8. Sevilla is the only team that didn't score against Atlético this season.

Which of the teams would Leicester beat with 99% certainty sans of Neville Valencia? Against which teams are they likely to keep a clean sheet?
>>
Memes aside, easy 3-0 for Atleti
>>
>>67164880
I expect they could beat Celta Vigo, Bilbao, Sevilla and Valencia, but really it depends on whether the meme magic endures into next season/whether it works on foreign soil.

Sadly, we might never know given the high chance that Leicester of next season will not be identical to current Leicester, both RM26 (urgh) and Kante being non-commital.
>>
>>67164880
Sorry for delay in answering btw, shitty Northern Ireland Electricity powercut for 45 mins.
>>
>>67164688

Don't be an idiot. You know very well that Sanchez, Ozil and Silva would walk into any la liga team barring the top two.
>>
>>67164688
Why are they compared to Atlético's defence anyway? Spurs have the best defence in the EPL anyway, Leicester have conceded literally more than double the number of goals Atlético have in the same number of games.

I like:Leicester as much as the next person, but pretending their defence is like Atlético is a bit steep.
>>
>>67165260
>powercut for 45 mins
What the. I got a mate in Bulgaria who gets them monthly but Northern Ireland? Damn.

>>67165348
Top three* and even then, depends on the team entirely. Özil and Silva don't do too much defensive work and Sanchez seems off his pace this season. Not like Silva was very convincing in 15/16 either and he's injured again now
>>
>>67162151
this desu
Leicester are obviously good but Atlético are just a whole level above them
>>
>>67164657
are you going to miss Moreno?
>>
>>67165532
>Top three* and even then, depends on the team entirely

Ozil would walk into Real or Barca. I'm not sure if he would fit Atletico's system, but he's still probably better than any of their midfielders. Same goes for Silva. I don't think Sanchez would be able to do the same though, he's not anywhere near as good as Messi, Bale, Ronaldo, or Neymar.
>>
>>67164944
kek not a chance in hell bub

this isn't Spurs or Liverpoop we're talking about
>>
>>67150856
probably Atletico would take it

but man I am excited to see Leicester in the champions league. I unironically, literally think they can do well. at LEAST getting out of the group stages
>>
>>67165635
>Ozil would walk into Real
I recall him going into the other direction, and it's not like Real need money or he would expect to win titles at Arsenil. He would be a decent addition nevertheless. Though I see him fitting in Barca, same with Silva, while Sanchez could fit in Atlético when in form. Last two weren't very consistent lately though.

>>67165664
Well, they have a manager with a lot international experience and they sure looked better against City than Real. As champion, they should be able to avoid an overly hard group too. The meme might continue, although I wonder if they can keep up with so many competitions.
>>
File: 5636627-large.jpg (89 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
5636627-large.jpg
89 KB, 618x416
We honestly have not got over those cheating cunts and their bungs to the ref for that despicable performance in 97'.

We would well and truly fuck them, fuck them like the ref fucked us that cold night at Filbert Street. That twat Juninho was still assblasted about the League Cup when we smashed the Boro so he dived against us. And the prick Kiko was shaking hands with the ref at every opportunity.

Sending our Parker off for a quick taken free kick, fuck off. Cunts.

Justice will be served, bring back O'Neil as an ambassader to serve them justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC7SgRdRu5U
>>
>>67151497
Top kek
Actually laughed
>>
>>67151497

This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nI1v7mwwA
>>
HOGAN WOULD SLAM ANDRE BROTHER!
>>
Poop would come in, field Thiago instead of Mahrez and Leicester lose
>>
File: 1454454053661.png (755 KB, 946x690) Image search: [Google]
1454454053661.png
755 KB, 946x690
>>67151748
dirty ref
>>
>>67165603
>>67162151

Everytime someone said that the opposition was too strong leicester proved them wrong. You can't be sure of anything with that fucking team
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.