[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
muh 96
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
File: lmao.jpg (35 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
35 KB, 624x351
>muh 96
>>
File: lovely bird.jpg (46 KB, 425x645) Image search: [Google]
lovely bird.jpg
46 KB, 425x645
muh never walk muhlone
>>
Someone erase the picture and make it a shitpostbot template
>>
File: reeeeeeee.png (496 KB, 834x469) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeee.png
496 KB, 834x469
>>67141317
>>
I get that the police were to blame in some respects, but the idea that some of the fans weren't contributing to the crush is ludicrous.

It's not like it would have happened at a rugby or cricket match.
>>
>>67142854
SHUT the fuck up you fucking tory scum

go read THE SCUM
>>
>>67142875
>>67142875
I hate the Sun. I'm also against the corrupt cops covering up the investigation, but the fans are not 100% innocent here. There are many factors at play and the idea that the fans were patiently and dillgently queuing up to get in is nonsense.

hooligans and violent obnoxious fans were a mainstay of football in the 80s, but liverpool?

"dey dont do dat dere do dey dough?

Self pity city is an apt name.
>>
>>67141595
lol
>>
>>67142931
You're chatting shite mate, how could the supporters have avoided the tragedy? Go fucking beast mode and break their way out of a crush which was fueled by archaic policing and an unsafe stadium. The stadium didn't even have a safety certificate, clear incompetence from a wide range of responsible bodies. Blaming the victims in this tragedy is both irresponsible and dishonorable. Yesterday's result put to bed decades of smear and corruption, but their memory marches on!
>>
>>67142854
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>67145054
Would the same thing have happened with a different set of fans?
>>
>>67145220
Absolutely. It was a crowd, and not a very unruly one. In that situation, a crowd of individuals acts like a herd and adheres to the guidance of the ones who are responsible for their safety i.e. the police. Therefore, the accountability of the events that followed lays entirely on the authorities for their gross incompetence.
>>
>>67145054
>You're chatting shite mate, how could the supporters have avoided the tragedy?

Don't pile into a crowed pen like fucking cattle?
>>
>>67145362
And how the fuck is a crowd of people who literally don't have anywhere else to go supposed to avoid that?
>>
>>67145406
By not entering a fucking stadium without a valid ticket you fucking baboon.
>>
>>67145342
Would it have happened at a rugby game?

Were any of the fans interviewed in this inquiry to see if any one was rushing in and pushing into the backs of others?
>>
>>67145054
No one is blaming the victims, they're blaming the people who killed the victims, namely scumbag Liverpool fans.

What the police/media/government did after Hillsborough was awful, but that doesn't change the fact that it was Liverpool fans crushing other Liverpool fans. The editor of The Sun wasn't pushing people into that fence. Liverpool also have form with this, see Heysel.
>>
>>96
>>96
>>96
>>96
>>96
>>96
>>96
>>
>>67145406
it wasn't the fault of the fans at the front, but the selfish and impatient fans at the back.

Also it bears repeating that the police and FA are also to blame. but there almost certainly was a minority of fans who caused the problem in the first place.
>>
>IT WAS DA POPO

>DEY DON FUCKED UP, DEY DON GOTS US KEELED

>WE

>DINDU

>NUFFIN
>>
>>67145434
Prove there were ticketless fans.
>>
>>67145529
Because how do you over-capacitate a fucking stadium if not for people entering the stadium past it's potential fill?
>>
>>67141595

Is that a packet of fags?
>>
>>67145631
Because the stadium as a whole wasn't overfilled; just the pens that the fans were being funnelled into.
>>
>>67145631
it is a fact that the allowed capacity was too high in the first place
>>
File: scousers.jpg (27 KB, 469x308) Image search: [Google]
scousers.jpg
27 KB, 469x308
>>67142931

dee doo doo dat dere dough dont dee?
>>
>>67145529
What a stupid line of arguing. Prove there were no ticketless fans.
>>
>>67145484
How are the fans supposed to know that the people at the front are being crushed when there are thousands of people between them? There was literally only one tunnel to go through after Gate C, and the police decided it was a bright idea to direct the rest of the fans straight into the middle of the pens instead of the sides, where there was more space.

>>67145631
>Because how do you over-capacitate a fucking stadium if not for people entering the stadium past it's potential fill?
By being incompetent and inadequately prepared, you tool. There is literally no evidence whatsoever that points to there being ticketless fans. It's all down to the poor decisions of the ones in charge at the time, including the FA for selecting that stadium, which had numerous complaints of similar events for well over 10 years beforehand.
>>
DINDU

NUFFIN

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>96
>>
>>67145783
Ever heard of burden of proof, retard? You make the claim, you provide the support for it.
>>
>>67145767
>At Wrestlemania this year, there was a huge ticketing error which held up THOUSANDS of fans from getting in creating huge funnels.

And apart from heat exhaustion, no one got injured.

Because they lined up and were patient.

I fucking hate how saying you think the fans were at least partly to blame has become the equivalent of holocaust denial in the UK.
>>
I've been a United fan my whole life and hate Liverpool so when I say it wasn't the fans fault you know I'm speaking truth. There were plenty of other pens available to open up with plenty of other space and instead of doing the smart thing and putting them there, they opened a single gate and funneled them into a single pen. Everyone was excited to see the game and people in the back had no clue what was going on up front. They were ushered forward and kept getting pushed. It was negligence from the cops and stadium staff that led to this issue. In the end it really wasn't the fans fault.

However, them never letting it go and continuing to find retribution is kind of annoying. It happened, people made mistakes and all around it became a bad situation. Just drop it already and focus more on remembering those who lost their lives
>>
>>67141595
Underrated
>>
David Duckenfield, the match commander on the day, said himself that he lied and the fans were not to blame.
>>
>>67145897
You're a complete fucking moron. Go and do your research before spouting nonsense.
>>
>>67145054
>The stadium didn't even have a safety certificate
Stadium's have safety certificates? I've never heard of those before. Sounds like after the fact victim (the police) blaming.
>>
>>67146122
He gave a completely rational comparison and you just outright rejected it and called him a moron.

Fuck off you fucking mentally challenged scouser.
>>
>>67146235
Kill yourself burgerlard.
>>
>>67146235
>He gave a completely rational comparison and you just outright rejected it and called him a moron.
Because he is a moron and it was a retarded comparison. How are the two events even remotely similar? One took place in 1989, and the other took place in 2016. Do you think every sporting event in the world is overseen by the same group of authoritative figures? You think every sporting event is held at the same venue? They are two completely, different situations with two completely different circumstances, in two completely different times. What's more, ticketing errors were not the primary cause of what happened at Hillsborough. Stupid yank.
>>
>>67145904
>It happened, people made mistakes..

Except no one took accountability for the mistakes. Instead, the police manipulated the investigation to blame the victims. They even administered alcohol tests on 12-year-olds in a disingenuous smear campaign. Those responsible will FINALLY be held accountable.
>>
The Sun admitted they lied, the police admitted they lied, Kelvin fucking Mckenzie admitted he lied. Yet basement-dwelling retards on spee think their opinion means shit. Top kek.
>>
>>67146450
Well the worryig thing is that people seem to be wanting to prosecute people for the actions they took, which I believe were mistakes rather than the lying.
>>
we gud boiz it woz da po lees
>>
I forgot... why does Liverpool care about Hannover 96 so much?
>>
>>67145054
I agree. Policing and stadium owners are obviously to blame. People just want to be contrarian faggots for the sake of being contrarian faggots.
>>
>>67146594
So the covering up of the true events that happened on that day should be viewed as a mistake? guess you think the BBCs cover up of Jimmy Seville was also a 'mistake'
>>
>>67145904
no time limit on justice friend.
>>
Justice for Heysel
>>
>>67145054

Was the ground not used to big attendances? Manchester United? Sheffield United? Leeds? Tottenham? Forest? Villa?

If it was Forest v Villa in that final with Villains in the place of Scousers, I sincerely doubt there would have been a crush of 96 innocent people who's only crime was actually buying a ticket and getting into the ground at a reasonable time.

But anyway, hopefully this puts the whole fucking thing to bed.
>>
I really don't get this shit.

Sure, the police were wrong to let too many fans in, but at the same time, what kind of uneducated knuckle draggers were the fans to just rush into an already over crowded space thinking it's a good idea?

Natural selection on display!
>>
>>67146906
no dumbass.. they should be prosecuted for the covering up and lying, but not for the crowd control (if it was a mistake)
>>
Why doesn't this sort of thing happen in America?
>>
>>67147013
It was a semi final mate.

FA Cup finals tend to be at Wembley.
>>
>>67145220

It almost did happen 4 times before. Leppings Lane end in Hillsborough is horrendous: one main tunnel and no funelling of fans to the edges of the lower tier.
>>
>>67147032
My thought every time this shit comes up
>>
>>67147033
>The Sun admitted they lied, the police admitted they lied, Kelvin fucking Mckenzie admitted he lied. Yet basement-dwelling retards on spee think their opinion means shit. Top kek.

>Well the worryig thing is that people seem to be wanting to prosecute people for the actions they took, which I believe were mistakes rather than the lying.

you clearly said that you do not believe they should be prosecuted
>>
>>67147033
Unlawful killing via negligence. Basically amounts to manslaughter. That's more than enough reason for prosecuting. Now stop being an idiot.
>>
>>67147170
*not be
>>
>>67147036
You lot get killed by guns instead.
>>
>>67147036

americans dont have the same perspective on sports

for us its a leisure activity to go to a game and spectate, the whole point is to relax and spend quality time with your friends and family, while being entertained. and then you might get hype during the game if its a really important game and the score is close or something

for yuropoors, if their local soccer team loses they all contemplate suicide because their shitty yuropoor lives have nothing to comfort them, all they have is vicarious pride in their sports team
>>
>>67147267
true desu
>>
>>67147032
No one can seriously be this stupid.
>>
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/ticketless-teenage-football-fan-desperate-to-see-match-news-footage/1B26058_0009

*cough cough*
>>
>>67147233
and no brits ever get stabbed to death right?
>>
>>67147036
Despite how we tend to think of them, the English are actually rowdy animals.

Remember the 2011 London riots? I don't think America's had a riot as bad as that since the early 90s.
>>
My god are we an ugly nation
>>
>>67147554
The US murder rate is approximately four times that of the UK.
>>
>>67147036
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOzfq9Egxeo

America is not immune to cases of negligent manslaughter.
>>
>>67147428
Dad was at this game, he said it was fucking madness, people were throwing ropes over and climbing into the ground
>>
They pissed on cops and looted the victims dead bodies

It's a fooking disgrace la
>>
>>67147648
UK doesn't have near the gang problem the U.S. has. Blacks and Mexicans here are out of control.
>>
>>67147761
The cops let them piss on them and gave them the dead's possessions as a small comfort to scousers as victims of a tragedy they had no bearing on
>>
>>67147036
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who_concert_disaster

>>67147688
Fires are a lot different than human crushes.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.