[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zach Lowe article hints at Durant to Spurs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: kevin-durant-spurs.jpg (133 KB, 672x356) Image search: [Google]
kevin-durant-spurs.jpg
133 KB, 672x356
"I will say this: The Spurs buzz is ascendant in a way that is eerily similar to what happened last January at the D-League Showcase, when a half-dozen unconnected team executives warned me over the span of a few days that LaMarcus Aldridge would bolt from Portland for San Antonio. Who knows. At the very least, the Wizards will get a chance to make their pitch."

What would you do if this happened /sp/?
>>
>>67128011
I hope he goes to the eastern conference because I'm tired if James beating literal whos on his way to an inevitable finals loss year after year. It's getting sad to watch.
>>
This is actually possible with the cap increase, especially if they manage to offload Green (he wouldn't be needed anyway with Durant/Kawhi both starting)
>>
>the blazers could have had aldridge and durant ten years ago
>drafted greg oden instead

laffin desu
>>
>>67128051
I disagree, without Green and Ginobili there's a SG void, you need Kawhi and Durant switching out 3-4 spots in today's league, with Lamarcus playing the (closet fascimile of) Draymond role at times
>>
>>67128237
Durant plays like a 7 feet tall SG anyway
>>
>>67128258
But generally people believe he needs way more time at the 4 spot than Brooks or Donovan have ever given him
>>
>>67128088
>They also could have had Michael Jordan
>Brandon Roy is kill
I will never get over thus
>>
he's coming to houston though
>>
durant is staying in okc and waiting to see if bestbrook stays....if he does then durant will also stay, if bestbrook leaves then durant will also leave..possibly pulling a lebron along with bestbrook and some other superstar whose contract is up and head to the nicks or celtics
>>
>>67128575
Sorry m8 but Durant hates Westbrook. I'm 100% sure he cries at night after they lose a close game because Westbrook chose to brick long 3s on consecutive late possessions instead of passing to him.
>>
>Having someone as mentally weak as durcant on the Spurs
Triggered 2bh
We saw what happened with Richard jefferson
>>
That'd turn the NBA into a two-team league. Sorta like divegrass.
>>
>>67128623

if he hates him its because he knows he is better than he is.

westbrook is the best player on the thunder
>>
>get btfo the playoffs by a team
>run to join them next season

actually sounds exactly like something durbeta would do
>>
File: 1455780842760.jpg (60 KB, 484x570) Image search: [Google]
1455780842760.jpg
60 KB, 484x570
>>67128011
doubt it. he's going to boston
>>
>>67128315
you're crazy to think he'll play with harden again
>>
>BasedGod's curse on San Antonio

Yes...YES
>>
File: durant_by_xous54-d3vfrqj.png (115 KB, 496x521) Image search: [Google]
durant_by_xous54-d3vfrqj.png
115 KB, 496x521
The Beast cometh to LA
>>
>>67130689

It's a real possibility. They're really close friends off the court.

But I wouldn't bet money on it or anything.
>>
Who takes the game winning shot out of KD, Kawhi and LA?
>>
>>67131779
Kawhi
>>
>>67131779
All depends on the match ups, hot hand and the plays they designed.
>>
>>67131779
Well not Durant, I would fucking love Durant on the Spurs but I've seen him in the playoffs enough to know he's not clutch at all.

Probably Kawhi.
>>
>>67131779
Better question how many rings?
>>
>>67128045
I share this desire. The East has been historically bad since Jordan left, but this is just laughable. To think that LeBron can basically cruise to 5-straight finals, lose another, and still be considered a top-5 all-time player is even more laughable.
>>
>>67135509

>the plays they designed

is KD capable of running a play in crunch time or will he just iso and jack up a 3?
>>
>>67135763
We'll never know until he plays for a team that has more crunch time plays than
>give the ball to KD and let him score
>give the ball to Westbrook and let him score
>give the ball to Westbrook and tell him to pass to KD (usually resulting in a turnover)
>>
>MUH BUILT NOT BOUGHT
>>
>>67131164

doubt they'll blow the clips up, they'll want to run them out one more time
>>
>>67137272
The problem with trying one more run with the CP3/Blake/DJ core is that CP3 and Blake can both become FAs in 2017. So they'd be risking losing both of them for nothing after yet another ~55 win season and 1st/2nd round exit. And if that happens they'd have to build around Deandre Jordan on a $22m a year contract, good luck with that.
>>
>>67128575
I've literally never seen anyone use the name like of Bestbrook.... and I pray to never see it used in another thread again. Stop trying to make it happen, it's not going to happen.
>>
>>67128272
putting durant at the 2 would be hilarious and awesome

C, Aldridge, Durant, Kawaii (let's be real, he can't guard power forwards like Draymond Green can, although he can guard guards better), Parker

The MAXIMUM BULLY BALL lineup would be awesome
>>
>>67137523
boban at c
>>
>>67137573
couldnt remember who the backup center was, thanks
>>
>>67128088

They could have had Durant, Chris Paul, Aldridge and Brandon Roy ten years ago
>>
>mfw spurs will enter forever small market mediocrity once this era ends

let them win a few more while pop is still coaching. once he leaves they are doomed for the rest of their existence
>>
>>67131779
Ginobili pham.
>>
>>67137605
N-No, the Spurs can become the Green Bay Packers of the NBA

I want to believe
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 352x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 352x234
>>67137605
>once this era ends
>implying
>>
>>67137605
Why is everyone calling the Spurs a small market team? Isn't San Antonio like the 6th biggest city in the USA or something?
>>
>>67137837
Fucking this. It's bigger than Dallas now.
>>
>>67128011
If Durant is willing to get over himself and adapt to the Spurs system there's no way the Spurs tell him no.
>>
File: cuban_trophy_cigar_original.jpg (22 KB, 310x413) Image search: [Google]
cuban_trophy_cigar_original.jpg
22 KB, 310x413
I'd be quite surprised if he leaves Oklahoma, he's catered to there, if he goes ring chasing and doesn't get it done, he'll be killed by the media, and ultimately I think he's so mentally weak that he wouldn't take the risk

>>67137837

Yeah, but it's all by itself, the big markets are where groups cities are clustered, I can't remember off hand but San Antonio's metropolitan area is in the low 20's
>>
>>67137885
tell him "No" is exactly what sets the spurs apart from the rest of the league

pop would need absolute guarantees that KD would listen to him and the system. no player is bigger than the spurs, not the admiral, not duncan, not kawhi, and not KD

the problem with KD is that he's basically been the guy in OKC and had his way, coaches that enable him and let him get used to iso ball, it might be impossible to break that habit in SA, old dog, new tricks, etc
>>
Probably stopped watching the NBA. Fuck that boring team.

He needs to join Legod.
>>
>>67137972
yeah this is why San Antonio is trying to merge with Austin and all in-between areas like San Marcos

North of Austin is also game like Round Rock
>>
>>67137837
San Antonio is basically the biggest small city in the US if that makes any sense.

I live here and downtown is small as fuck. Like literally it takes me about 30 minutes to walk across it. Everything else is just spread out.
>>
>>67137605

San Antonio is the 7th biggest city in the country
>>
>>67137837
Yeah but when you expand to metropolitan area it sinks down to 25th. And it's only the 37th largest TV market in the US.

NY, LA, Chicago, Philly, Dallas, Bay Area, DC/Baltimore, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Phoenix -- those are the big ones.
>>
File: 1335930106898.gif (2 MB, 518x292) Image search: [Google]
1335930106898.gif
2 MB, 518x292
H-he's comin to the Lakers! R-right?
>>
>>67139040

no, hes coming home, hes coming home. tell the world he's coming home
>>
>>67137991
you could basically say the same thing about aldridge before he went

ultimately all the players have heard about the spurs and muh loyalty and muh sacrifice so if they do sign with them they are prepared to take a hit to their own numbers in order to ring
>>
>>67137348

where have you been the last 3 years? bestbrook/beastbrook/westgoat has been a thing for a while now. Im guessing you just dont frequent many okc game threads if you never heard it before
>>
If KD's going anywhere, it's the East mate. Going to the Spurs will put a stain his career. Him going to an already title contending team like the Spurs or GSW would just be a pathetic phase of his career where he cheesed his way to a ring, All-time greats don't do that
>>
Why doesn't anyone want to team up with Paul George. Seems like the best bet to me.
>>
>>67141558
>Why doesn't anyone want to team up with Paul George

Because no one wants to play in Indiana
>>
Come to Sacramento Kevin

we'll waste the best years of your life
>>
>>67141485
Except we've already had plenty of serious Golden State rumbling as a destination.
>>67141558
Because they play the same position. Not that that will matter in ten years, but it still kind of matters now. You need a genius coach to figure it out
>>
dubs and he signs with celtics and wins 10 championships in a row
>>
San Antonio has more people than Dallas but it doesn't have a sprawling metroplex like DFW. Though desu if San Antonio-Austin count as in the same market that's pretty significant. Problem is Austin isn't a city of loyal sports fans since so many people are out of towners due to tech boom, arts scene, state government, UT.
>>
>>67128765
it already is tho
>>
>>67143125
Celtics are irrelevant
>>
he'll sign a one year contract with the okc and then come to the lakers with westbrook next year.
>>
>>67143190
Hahaha nope. Lakers and Celtics are going to be bottom feeders for a while now.
>>
They'll need to(and should) get rid of Danny green this offseason, that would free up some money if he would want to go but his style seems unsuited for teams like the Spurs and golden state. He'll toy with the idea but I see him going back to OKC unless the Spurs just kick the shit out of them this round and he feels like he'll never win with the thunder.
>>
>>67143198
we'll also trade the snitch for cousins and shut-out the nba for the next 6 years till the 100th year of the founding of the republic of turkey under the supreme leadership of his majesty the president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and start conquering the world with the filthy homosex greeks and rekindle the glorious Ottoman Empire inshAllah.
>>
>>67135599
>>67131779

According to Lamarcus in that picture, just the one.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.