[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally operating in the red due to cord cutters and overbidding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: e!spn.jpg (164 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
e!spn.jpg
164 KB, 800x800
>Literally operating in the red due to cord cutters and overbidding on live sports contracts
>Had to shutdown Grantland cuz they couldn't afford it anymore
>Losing their top dog announcer Mike Tirico to NBC
>Lost Big 10 rights to FOX Sports cuz they couldn't afford to pay for it
>Losing tons of big name personalities like Simmons and Cowherd cuz they can't afford their paychecks

Will ESPN ever recover lads?
>>
They will de-evolve back to the college sports network for some time before sports on networks stop being a thing and the leagues sell directly through streams. Cable/satellite tv is gonna be dead with a dagger in the heart in 10-15 years. Fiber internet killed cable.
>>
>>67102458

Hopefully not, E!SPN needs to die.
>>
Losing Tirico is a killer for their network. He was their a team guy for literally everything. Monday night football, golf majors, college hoops, nba...

But yeah they're in for a few ugly years but should be able to bounce back at some point.
>>
>>67102458
Good. Fuck ESPN.
>>
Coming up today on ESPN radio:
>a neurotic milktoast jew and a gorilla yell at each other
>Dan LeBatard's "lol immigrants don't pronounce things correctly" bits that he ripped off Jimmy Kimmel
>vasectomy clinic commercials
>local programming (irrelevant unless you live in a city they typically print on globes
>SportsCenter (the entire reason we got famous in the first place) every hour in hastily-read 30-second snippets

gee I wonder why they're slipping
>>
>>67102549
This

I don't see how they escape the devolving whirlpool of cable though. It's not like subscriptions are going to ever increase now when most games are free and most content is online.
>>
>>67102849
you forgot
>putting the liberal agenda ahead of sports coverage
i think that's what really killed them
>>
>>67102958

the government is going to bail tv out by fucking up the internet as we know it
>>
>>67103009
True, especially the way they did Cowherd in just to appease the Dominicans.

Joke's on them, Dominicans don't have any money and Colin is living large on FS1 where he can be as edgy as he wants.
>>
>>67103009
This. Fuck off with the liberal agenda and political bullshit.
>>
>>67103109
Colin was leaving for FS1 before the thing he said about Dominicans.

That just happened to get his show pulled a week early.
>>
>>67102849
>milquetoast
>>
agreed
>>
>>67102849
>milktoast
>>
People forget how much better this network was before it became Disney trash.
>>
>>67103817
i don't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8pAZ75WKh8
>>
>>67103881
It was staged. >Chris was trying hard not to bust up laughing the whole time
>>
File: 1440526667665.png (18 KB, 182x233) Image search: [Google]
1440526667665.png
18 KB, 182x233
>>67102458
>>
i cancelled my ESPN sub back in 07 or something when they wouldn't stop gossiping about favre
good fuckign riddance
"the worldwide leader in sports' my ass
>>
>>67102458
>>Losing their top dog announcer Mike Tirico to NBC

Wait, what?? No more Gruden and Tirico on MNF?
>>
>>67104372
>implying Jon "Jay" Gruden is good
>>
>>67104101
No you didn't
>>
>>67102542
They'll die real quick if they try covering college sports. SEC, Big 10, et al are going to their own networks as quick as they can. Cut the middle man, max dollars.
>>
>>67105381

ESPN owns College Football, that's not changing anytime soon.
>>
>>67102458
As long as they have PTI, I will watch.

If only in stream.

(Streamers still see ads)
>>
>>67103071
Data caps can fuck us over and i only a Dem president doing anything against it. Hopefully God Emperor fucks over big cable about them.
>>
Hope not
>>
>>67102458
They've been around since cable TV has been around, they were the monopoly and they're not anymore.

They will shrink, but they're not going away, any more than TV networks went away when cable channels were invented (or basic cable went away when satellite happened). Their parent company might freak out, tho, and that's always fun.
>>
>>67105523
This.

FS1 tried to do a College Gameday look alike which crashed and burned. Essentially all the premier matchups are ESPN/ABC televised. The same is for college basketball outside the tourney
>>
They lost me when they started shoving amateur apehoop, and lardcollide down our throats. Also with the thinly veiled racemixing propaganda they throw at us on every show by pairing some blonde bimbo with two apes.
>>
>>67103330
I'll re up a post about 3 months ago...friend of a friends dad is a big shot there. About 3 years ago the Disney suits told them they were going for diversity hires across the board and if they didn't like it they could retire early.
The product went to shit but they didn't count on the cord cutters.
>>
>>67105751
This, but also let's not discount that Fox Sports is absolutely horrible.

ESPN is professional and has been around for decades; FS1 is an upstart based in Houston, where they don't have to worry about unions and can pay locals with little-to-no experience anything they want. It's bargain-basement fuckery.
>>
The problem with ESPN is that they just stopped showing sports. I don't mean just live coverage, although that's true too, but they hardly even show highlights anymore. 99% of their programs are them making up some controversy, and then debating that made up controversy among themselves. They can't keep fooling people into pretending to care.
>>
>>67105848
Do they still have those two Canadian faggots as their top anchors?? Those dudes are awful.
>>
>>67102458

The MTV of sports. Fuck them. Soon they going to start producing shitty reality shows instead of showing sports.
>>
>>67105966
Pick the Bull starring Michelle Beadle
>>
>>67105956
What? No they aren't
>>
Bill Simmons is a cuck, they're better off without that needle dick kike

That said fuck espn, hope can gundy falls into an open sewer and drowns in a pool of semi solid human waste, where he belongs
>>
>>67106044
Man fuck Jay and Dan those god damn tryhards

All about Tim and Sid (before they got too big)
>>
>>67102458
>Like to fall asleep to sports so I leave it on the LA Sportscenter
>Wake up to nonstop coverage of Prince
>>
>>67106044
Keep thinking that. lmao
>>
File: das raysis.jpg (163 KB, 600x2139) Image search: [Google]
das raysis.jpg
163 KB, 600x2139
>tfw no more shitposting of pic related
>>
>>67102548
this, wtf were they thinking

they should get back to sports
>>
>>67103109
but cowheard was 100% right about the dominicans most of the "schools" those baseball academies have are complete jokes and players either have to grind out success in the minor leagues or face returning to the DR with no cash and a middle school education
>>
as a baseball fan i couldn't give a flying fuck about espn anymore
fuck them, fuckers make me like joe buck unironically
>>
>>67102458
thank god they got rid of terico. the dude never ever shut up. my only regret is that i will have to encounter him in other broadcasts.
>>
That's what they get for paying that much for the NFL

They only talk football and basketball
>>
>>67109684
I like how my local ESPN radio station talks about being my only local place for baseball while the local fox sports station carries like 150 dodger games a year
>>
>>67102458
They now are shilling """"""""E-Sports""""""" so you can see how this is going.
>>
I'm glad, ESPN got caught up its own ass, they needed to be fucking hamstrung like this. They'll sitll be a major player in the sports market but now they'll have to trim fat, no more special interests pieces, no more TMZ for sports, just stick to the goddamned reporting and actual sports. The market is going to be revolutionized in the coming years with cable basically becoming a thing of the past in less than a decade
>>
Fucking ESPN2 was airing college softball while fox sports go was showing based college baseball this weekend
>>
File: 1461633765494.webm (3 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1461633765494.webm
3 MB, 1024x768
ESPN still pretty much runs college football though, right?
>>
ESPN's programming hasn't changed much over the years, PTI, Around the Horn, Sportscenter, Mike and Mike in the Morning. I can't think of any new daily content. I do like the 30 for 30 series though.
>>
I'm glad cable shows like ESPN are going to shit, they exacerbate race issues more than any other channel. They always say "We should be able to debate about race", and then race is talked about for each show there after. ESPN is a sports network, not a black vs white daily debate.
>>
They lost Tirico?
>>
>>67110903
They're also the NFL's official mouthpiece what propaganda they want to pump out they use ESPN's puppets to push it out.

Remember that Mort's been feeding everyone bad information for years because his masters tell him to.
>>
>>67102458
>Lost Big 10 rights to FOX Sports cuz they couldn't afford to pay for it
thank fucking god no longer have to deal with their bullshit woman commentators. and no they'll never recover you're talking about the network that thought that it was a good idea to move kobe's last game to espn 2
>>
I remember when ESPN tried like hell to make Yasiel Puig the biggest name in baseball when he barely even played half season. And ESPN talk show never talk about baseball, guess cause it not dominated by black athletes.
>>
>>67103109
>>67109632

It's a sad state of affairs when you can't call things for how they ACTUALLY FUCKING ARE.

Don't see how you're ever going to properly address problems when people want to just plug their ears like a child and tune out anything remotely negative, because it might hurt someones feelings. Disregard facts and statistics, pass the blame.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V_s72O2GnaU

I stopped watching after this.

Also when I was scrolling through the channels the other day I saw an all female Around the Horn on lol wtf?
>>
>>67103420
I'm Dominican and I thought it was bullshit that they fired him. He isn't fucking wrong, those schools are jokes. It wasn't even Dominicans who got angry it was SJW's who got angry on our fucking behalf
>>
>>67102458
Doesn't help when they have women quotas. No gjy wants to hear a women's opinion on sports, especially if she didn't play pro.
>>
>>67111854
Jose Bautista got pissed to.
>>
File: 1443153226980.jpg (49 KB, 710x566) Image search: [Google]
1443153226980.jpg
49 KB, 710x566
>>67104408
>>
>>67111649
Robert Flores is on mlb network now though
>>
>>67105848
fs1 is LA retard
>>
Watch the E!SPN talking head get demolished in less than fifteen minutes. His entire "method of analysis" is deconstructed. ESPN is a joke and I'll be glad if it goes under.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAkVnlA9CJo
>>
>>67105779
I like college basketball.

It's the attention on Women's Basketball (college an WNBA) that is completely unforgivable.
>>
Other then sportscenter,first take and happy hour everything else is shit on espn.
>>
>>67112053
no he didn't
>he's right
>but if you want more shekles you have to pretend like you're mad
>oh ok fuck him stupid honkey
fucking sjws are a cancer
>>
>>67112735
Did you UCONN win its 10 Womens NCAA title? Who gives a shit.
>>
>>67112735
espn literally paid for the womens college basketball tourny and they wonder why their netowrk is dying
>>
>>67112759
All of the things you named are garbage.

Sportscenter has been dead for ten years at least.
First Take is just a couple of idiots who know nothing spewing their hot opinions with no substance.
Happy Hour has gone downhill as well. PTI is stale as hell and Around the Horn is missing the personalities that made it great.
>>
>>67102458
It's Karma for shutting down pay-per-channel systems even though they'd be the biggest profiteers.
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 1024x576
>>67102458

I hope not. ESPN is literally Gotham City. Too big and unruly to continue. Their impending doom engorges my loins.
>>
File: op is a faggot per usual.jpg (138 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
op is a faggot per usual.jpg
138 KB, 1200x1200
>>67102458
>Simmons and Cowherd cuz they can't afford their paychecks
dude kill yourself.

simmons used to be ok. cowshit has always been a steaming heep of shit.

fucking killyourself. i fucking mean it. and i don't even like espn you queer
>>
>>67112774
this, i understand the whole women are equal narrative has to be pushed but it's not mens fault women don't support each other
there's a reason a man being a slut is not looked down upon and it's not because men are assholes
>>
File: lel.png (42 KB, 961x278) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
42 KB, 961x278
daily reminder that tirico is a notorious lech
>>
File: 1386866597428.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
1386866597428.gif
2 MB, 265x257
>turn on ESPN
>His and Hers
>hmm, never heard of this, guess I'll check it out
>Jemele Hill and Loud ESPN Black Guy #472
>>
>>67112839
thank god i have xbox to let my creepy side show
>>
>>67110153
Yes, runs at a loss. Losing Big 10 is massive too.
>>
File: lelbron.png (290 KB, 560x635) Image search: [Google]
lelbron.png
290 KB, 560x635
>>67112819
rude!
>>
>>67102849
CBS Sports radio is so much better
>>
>>67112889
they picked the SEC over them lel
i hate NCAA sports but i know the mid west has tons and tons of more money than the fucking piss poor south lmao espn is done
>>
>>67112865

>Jemele Hill and Loud ESPN Black Guy #472

I pooped a little.
>>
>>67112819
>simmons used to be ok

He was always an annoying cuck.
>>
>>67102458
PTI and Around the Horn are tolerable, their obsession with throwing women into everything is infuriating.
>>
>>67112912
It wasn't picking between the two. They had no money for it. And they overbid for SEC since CBS gets the best game every week
>>
As long as tony kornhiser is still around I'm completely fine even if pti is shit i like it.
>>
>>67103881
Man Jim was actually pretty good too, fucking rams couldn't do shit for him. Also didn help Bettis was a bust until he went to the steelers.
>>
File: kek.png (81 KB, 890x519) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
81 KB, 890x519
haha, jesus christ. as sad and desperate as any of us have been, we've never been this guy
>>
File: sports-person-of-year-01[1].jpg (213 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
sports-person-of-year-01[1].jpg
213 KB, 615x409
>>67112865
>>67112915
Jemele Hill is actually loud ESPN Black Guy #472 though.
>>
>>67105897
This.

And they just keep doing it.

And then their own staff get in on the act, doing something edgy to stir up shit.

I used to basically leave ESPN on all the time, now I avoid it as much as I can.
>>
It's a shame that foxsportsgo is unusable on desktop. If they fixed their issues (having to login/refresh every time you try loading a game) i'd have ditched ESPN long ago
>>
>>67110153
PAC 12 network ftw.
>>
>SportsCenter used to be two guys telling us the scores and showing highlights, with little to no commentary
>SportsCenter now is two totally wacky personalities making quips every 3 seconds while they maybe show some highlights
>>
>>67112935
>since CBS gets the best game every week
True. I can't even think of a recent week past week 5, when all of the overranked SEC teams have lost, that there was an SEC ESPN game even close to what CBS had.
>>
>>67112865
>Loud ESPN Black Guy #472
I lol'd.
>>
>>67112910
this holy shit, at least I feel like im listening to radio rather than being politically groomed
>>
File: 1460659100223.jpg (177 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460659100223.jpg
177 KB, 1024x1024
>>67112918
yes, but it was a tolerable read. at least for high school me in the early 00s it was
>>
>>67112983
It must be a fox-wide thing, cause the BTN2GO app and website are also never functioning
>>
>>67106127
>implying Jay Onrait wasn't the best thing to happen for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2HL0urGz8M
>>
>>67113004
>under 25 detected

Ever heard of Craig fucking Kilborn?
>>
Nice to see I'm not the only person who gets irritated seeing women pushed into these sports talk shows and shit. I understand that there are some women who are just as into sports as guys are, and they should be able to join their male crew members on whatever program, but for fucks sake, I don't want to see some random fucking woman sitting at the table with them just for the sake of having women and "diversity".

What's wrong with having the analysts they've had on their programs since forever along with former professional sports players?
>>
>>67112910
Except they have the worst fucking late night host ever, that fucking know nothing amy lawrence needs to die.
>>
Well another thing is we don't need sports networks for highlights anymore. But yeah, ESPN sucks. I see CBS and Fox Sports as the main future as sports broadcasting. Still eager to see how Twitter does with NFL streaming
>>
I gave up on ESPN after they latched onto that 20 year old "Peyton Manning mooned a trainer" because they wanted to cover for babby Cam pouting like a little bitch after losing the Super Bowl, then tried to act like Peyton raped her.
>>
>>67111534
>Yasiel Puig

Most overrated player I've seen so far in this new era.

Hes an exceptional unity player like ben fucking zobrist but black
>>
>>67113076
>I understand that there are some women who are just as into sports as guys are, and they should be able to join their male crew members on whatever program
It's when they play anything other than a program host or a Mike Greenberg/Mike Lupica reporter type that I get pissed. Like Sarah Spain, Kate Fagan, Jemele Hill and whoever else has some real insights on the competitive situation is like in a sport that's a million times bigger and more athletic than whatever women's college sport they played in. Fucking please.
>>
ESPN are catering to SJWs and pushing that agenda. They're putting women on literally everything, including shit ass Jessica Mendoza on their baseball telecasts. I mean I'm all for women working in sports media, but only if they're good. Like Doris Burke for example.

Then you have Fox Sports who literally do not give a flying fuck what their personalities do. Clay Travis is pretty much /sp/, Jason Whitlock has all races convinced he's racist, Jay and Dan do whatever...Cowherd can do whatever he wants on his show. There's no overwhelming agenda...the women are bimbo blondes. It just feels right.
>>
HOLY SHIT WAIT WHEN DID TIRICO LEAVE
>>
>>67113213

today

he is going to NBC to presumably work the olympics, horse racing and golf majors. And whatever else NBC might do idk.
>>
>>67105897
It's that they've embraced the clickbait model of broadcasting. Screw giving information it's gotta make up a 'Hot Story' no matter how made up it is.

>Losing tons of big name personalities like Simmons and Cowherd cuz they can't afford their paychecks

They fired Simmons because he called out Goddell as a liar and scumbag. NFL said fire him and ESPN like good little drones obeyed their master.
>>
>>67113236

NFL on NBC too obv.
>>
Play by play - Mike Greenberg
Color - Jamele Hill

This team for Monday Night Football

Who says no?
>>
>>67113210
fucking. this.

i'm sick and tired of ESPN pushing the cumdumpster, tranny, kike, nigger, wetback and faggot agendas down our throats. stick to white men
>>
File: 0011.webm (1 MB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
0011.webm
1 MB, 290x290
FUCKING I HAVE TO LISTEN TO MIKE "CREEPASS BALD RAPIST MOTHERFUCKER" TIRICO INSTEAD OF DAN "WISH I WAS JIM NANTZ" HICKS?!?!?!
>>
>>67113195
Exactly. When I want to watch something on NBA basketball, why the fuck should there be some random woman sitting at the table? Because she played college basketball? Cool, so she has knowledge of them game. Nothing wrong with letting her talk it out with everybody. But why is she taking up a seat at that table that's usually seating a former NBA champion or life-long sports analyst? They're gonna know a whole lot more about the situation than Token Women's College Basketball Player #5
>>
>>67113255
That means no more Al Michaels, tho
>>
>>67113268
Greeny and Gruden would be ELITE
>>
File: 02.png (3 KB, 182x248) Image search: [Google]
02.png
3 KB, 182x248
>>67113294

no more cirrhosis grandpa shitting all over modern football? i'm fine with that
>>
>>67113210
funny thing is sjws usually don't watch sports
maybe that's why they're losing money
>>
>>67113294

I believe Tirico will be working the expanded Thursday Night Games that NBC will be doing this year, and will obviously be the heir apparent to Al Michaels.

Mike Tirico is a mega huge get for NBC. They're going to use him well.
>>
>>67113283
this

i dont want a woman commentating who knows even less than me. the only thing women know about is cooking cleaning and bleeding out of their cunts
>>
Gruden should just be in the booth by himself doing whatever he wants.
>>
File: thisisspider2ybanana.jpg (32 KB, 180x250) Image search: [Google]
thisisspider2ybanana.jpg
32 KB, 180x250
>>67113341
THIS
>>
>>67102458
College Football is the only thing keeping them afloat, if they manage to survive for 10-20 years they'll crash when the SEC breaks from them.
>>
>let's stick to the real issues here, not your faggot/negroid/sjw agenda
>I have no problem with taxpayer dollars financing a glorified community college's stadium (that conveniently, I never attended!) but will gladly slurp that oversight like Dontavious' jock towel
>>
>>67103009
So much this.
>>
File: 03.png (3 KB, 170x244) Image search: [Google]
03.png
3 KB, 170x244
>>67113341

my god, i would pay so much money to watch an nfl game broadcasted by an uncensored open-bar jon gruden
>>
File: xNwrX5hV.jpg (24 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
xNwrX5hV.jpg
24 KB, 401x401
>>67113341
>>67113359

SECOND
>>
>>67113341
This. Gruden can carry a broadcast single-handedly. Just lock him in the booth and watch him slowly go insane.
>>
>>67113341
>Thursday Night Football: Bourbon Street Edition
>Sunday Night Football: Yuengling and Riot Punch Edition
>Monday Night Football: Court Date in Cincinnati Edition

and full circle from Week 2 to the Super Bowl, please
>>
>>67102458

Oh sweet I might actually start watching ESPN now
>>
>Mike Tirico

Good basketball announcer

https://youtu.be/tYpwjB0IzoU
>>
The mega fuckup that ESPN (and a lot of other media outlets) are making right now is that they're catering to the loud voices. They're trying to appeal to social media which is always going to be very liberal. But while those voices may seem loud since they're quick to cry if you trigger them, they don't really make up a noticeable portion of their viewer base. Most people live out in the real world, not on Twitter and Facebook. Most people don't give a flying fuck about trannies and bathrooms, Caitlin Jenner, or the % of women in sports media, or what they make. Most sports fans just want to tune in to ESPN to watch sports. And ESPN has gotten really bad at that.

FOX Sports has the much better long term approach. They don't care if you talk about your right or left wing politics, they don't care if you're offensive, they don't care about anything other than if you're a valuable asset to their business.
>>
Didn't they just give the NBA a multi-billion dollar contract?

LMAO
>>
File: 0004.webm (782 KB, 480x304) Image search: [Google]
0004.webm
782 KB, 480x304
>>67113422

> Monday Night Football: Court Date in Cincinnati Edition
>>
>>67113341
Him acting like someone else is in the booth while it's just him in there.

Turning it to talk to no one and asking questions just for himself to answer it.

I'd watch it.
>>
>>67103009
seriously this

Why doesn't KEKSPN put forward the conservative agenda that a top 1%er like me wants? stop focusing on kikes, niggers, faggots, wetbacks and all those other mongoloid negroid races and get stories that rich white businessmen like me and my other 4chan brothers are
>>
>>67113446
nba salary cap will be 90 million per team, let that sink in for a second
>>
>Gus Johnson will never call an NCAA Tourney game ever again
;_;
>>
>>67113485
thank god, he's fucking shit
>>
>watching ESPN for anything other than actual sports

Top kek. Then you stupid niggers just parrot what you heard them say. Watch the sport - generate your own opinion
>>
What I hate most about ESPN is:

Most of their female anchors, talking heads, and announcers are just fucking boring and annoying to watch. I turn my TV off every time I hear Doris Burke's voice. How she ever advanced from announcing Women's College Baksetball games to NBA games I'll never know.
>>
>>67113458
[TRIGGERED]
>>
>>67113508
seriously this. why do these women think they belong anywhere except the kitchen? sports are the area for men like you and me
>>
>>67113508

>Most of their female anchors, talking heads, and announcers are just fucking boring and annoying to watch.

I find that can be applied to most women.
>>
>>67113458
terrible satire fuck off reddit
>>
>>67113458
>I posted on BizDev last night and dumped all of my money into Bitcoin and Betway.com 'money train' fixes surrounding Albanian women's soccer
>>
>>67113458
It IS the agenda they want, you retard. Just enjoy the nogs dunking while it's still OK.
>>
>>67113441
The biggest issue they are making they love to attack white males...

They forget 200 million whites live here and are the number in ticket sales and merchandise.

Why the fuck do we want to be ridicule during our favorite pastime next to video games?
>>
>>67112161
Flores was a stupid shit who would never shut his cumtrap about memes. It was fucking obnoxious, he's probably lurking this thread. Never saw that clip about kelce though what a fucking idiot.
>>
>>67112983
it was like that for me for a long time but the last 4-6 months it has been ace
>>
>>67113446
LMAO, no one even gave a shit about the regular season, only thing that made it interesting was the Warriors. Everyone can pick whos going to the playoffs in the NBA before the season even begins.
>>
>>67113500
I will fite u
just imagine if he called UNI vs Texas or Nova vs UNC. it would be the greatest call in the history of sports
>>
ESPN isn't that bad. They got MNF, nba games, MLB games, college football, college hoops, MLS, world cup games and good shows like pti and ath plus some good docs every once in a while
>>
>>67113572
come on now, all he does is fucking yell, shit sucks
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 170x219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 170x219
>>
>>67113533
Are you 'avin a giggle m8?

Really though, they've put women on programs that make the viewing quality worse than if they had male announcers and you know it.
>>
>>67113575
>doesn't get mlb playoffs
>nba product is the shittest it's ever been
>cbs and big 10 network get the best games
they over paid for that CFP
>college hoops tournament is owned by cbs
>mls
>world cup got bought by fox
>pti and ath are shit now
30 for 30 is still good i'll give you that
espn is done for though thats a fact
>>
>>67113305
Kys. That faggot greeney has some of the worst opinions in sports same with his fat fuck cohost mike
>>
>>67113508
This is sexist for the sole reason that all the men are even worse
>>
>>67113485
>Gus Johnson gets to call college football every (championship) week
It's so worth it bro.

>>67113575
>MNF
Without Tirico, and that's 1 game out of like 15 every week
>NBA
Not playoffs
>MLB
1 a week. And not anything past wildcard
>NCAAF and NCAAB
Yes. If they got March Madness they'd have a stranglehold on college sports
>MLS
Hahahahaha
>World cup
Not anymore
>PTI & ATH
Half of ATH is unwatchable now.
>good docs
They shuttered Grantland, which is the only reason 30 for 30 exists
>>
>>67112910
I like Fox Sports radio. They called Kobe going for 50 shots the entire week leading up to his last game and called out ESPN for being dumbfucks by switching the warriors game to their prime coverage.
>>
File: 1450652831425.jpg (96 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450652831425.jpg
96 KB, 600x450
>>67112704

this right here was embarrassing. Cuban made them look like meme spouting idiots
>>
>>67113636
>boy mike roger goodell is a good guy
>i mean he's made mistakes not that i haven't or anyone else haven't as well
>great guy never met him but great guy we should forgive him
>not that he did anything wrong so there's nothing to forgive him over but still great guy \
>>
>>67113650
>Big 12/Pac 12 game of the week
>worth it
pick one
>>
ESPN should reach out to Mayock. He does jack shit outside of draft day nowadays
>>
>>67105381
Well considering the fact that ESPN owns the SEC network I don't think they're taking an L there
>>
>>67113698
>implying that dipshit with glasses would allow it
>>
File: 07.png (64 KB, 243x284) Image search: [Google]
07.png
64 KB, 243x284
>>67113698

> Mayock
>>
>>67113669
God they're not even trying to pretend that they're NFL shills.

>>67113665
But they are.
>>
I don't know where you got the idea that ESPN is losing money, unless your definition of losing money is "not making as much profit as you could," which by coincidence is the same definition that Disney's executives use.
>>
>>67113728
they are though, i still can't believe espn thought investing in the SEC was a good idea
texas and florida aren't the entire south and now they're barely realizing it
>>
>>67112936
Dude this. PTI is the comfiest show of all time. Used to watch it everyday after school now I still watch whenever I can
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>67113153
>shitposting is the way of the future

The normies are catching up
>>
>>67113458
they're disney aka jew run
>>
>>67113745

this. motherfuckers don't understand revenue profiles
>>
File: RK.jpg (7 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
RK.jpg
7 KB, 300x187
Best show on the network.
>>
>>67113728
They miss out on the biggest SEC game every weekend though, unless a team like Alabama get's the top time slot more than 5 times in one season which I think happened last year, but CBS still obtained rights to the 6th game. Unlike other conferences where they usually get to host the ESPN Gameday games on television, they NEVER get to do the SEC. They way overbid for the SEC, and it's why those colleges will still reap in the benefits despite ESPN losing subscribers.
>>
Only non-live sports show I care about now is SVP's show. When he leaves I'll probably stop watching them.
>>
>>67113745
>>67113787
the more profit there is the more expenditures are made aka gotta spend money to make money
problem with them is they have a lot of long term expenses and the profit is drying up fast
worst of all they know exactly why and refuse to fix it
>>
>>67113762
They'd be making a lot more money if Clemson and SCAR switched conferences, as I'm pretty sure Clemson is considered part of Charlotte's market. Too bad for ESPN though, they're losing all the potential revenue from pushing SEC schools in the 10th most populated state, North Carolina.
>>
>>67113814
he's nothing without SVP
>>
>>67113814
never realized how shit russilo was without SVP, poor guy he's just naturally awkward
>>
>>67113869

> the profit is drying up fast

fuckbois keep saying this and present no proof. espn's ad draw is still the strongest out there by a wide fucking maring. how else do you think AT&T compels bo god damn jackson to get on tv dozens of times a year?
>>
>>67114067
but the ad revenue isn't the problem
over paying for all the dumb shit they have will come back to haunt them
>>
that chick on sunday night baseball pisses me off. she talks like she can relate to the players or some bullshit but she never played in the mlb. fuck off dumb cunt
>>
>>67113210
Clay travis is a beast
>>
>>67102458
No. Prepare for the long-awaited comeback of based Over the Air sports coverage.
>>
>I can't afford ESPN so i bash it on /sp/
>>
>>67114891
/sp/ is pretty much ESPN: the imageboard

For all the hate it gets here we sure spam the same memeshit as they do. Tebowmania, [insert QB] being a choker, race shit, etc.
>>
>>67114891
>has invested money in Disney
>nigga short the stock
>>
>>67114932
Nope, /sp/ is full of fucking retarded people n ot making money. There's a difference. Don't give yourself that much credit.

>>67114945
>"I'm jealous that you have money and i don't"
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461611268379.jpg (46 KB, 720x718) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461611268379.jpg
46 KB, 720x718
>>67109941
mad?
>>
>>67102458

nigga they are owned by Disney they can't die
>>
>>67114971
>not making money

So they have something in common with current ESPN.
>>
>>67109823
Tirico is pretty based, what are you talking about
>>
>>67114932
yup, exactly. its almost pathetic how pathetic reddit and /sp/ are when it comes to ESPN

>be ESPN
>have to appeal to widest audience possible for ratings
>therefore appeal to the most popular teams and players that people care about to get as many people watching as possible
>get criticized for not focusing on small market teams

yup, because fuck ESPN for caring so much about deflategate, because no one on /sp/ cares right
>>
>>67102849
You forgot all the unwatchable arguments between literal who analsyts each trying to promote their hot takes
>>
>>67103009
Forcing soccer on middle America also isn't helping.
>>
>>67115021
i personally didn't give a fuck
>>67115074
world cup is every 4 years chill out
>>
>>67111343
> woman calling college football

Fuck I forgot about that horseshit.
>>
>>67112924
ATH went to shit when fagan came along. Why isnt there any other decent women at bantz like jackie
>>
>>67113072
Yeah but everyone is a pale replica of him and Dan Patrick now.
>>
>>67113814
Why does kannel's voice sound like a pansy fag
>>
>>67115136
> it's another #1 on the top ten is a literal who soccer play

BRAVO

E
S
B
M
>>
ESPN won't die as long as they have live sporting events and with Disney's j00 gold backing them they probably won't run out of properties any time soon. They have rights to NFL, NBA, MLB, and college football which are the top 4 giants in American sports. No matter how retarded the announcers and pundits are people at the end of the day will still watch for the live sports. Even with cord cutting and online streaming (which have quality issues) there will still be a sizable market of older people and bars/public places continuing to pay for it.
>>
>>67115361
Why should Disney keep funding that money sink? Say what you want about kikes but at least they aren't stupid.
>>
>>67115361
disney won't continue to fund a network hemorrhaging money

nbc and fox sports are the future and will buy the rights of more sports next contract negotiations. plus fox has world cup rights beginning in 2018 so espn is losing the growing soccer base
>>
>>67115406
Because ESPN has potential and should be a success by all conventional wisdom (rights to major live sports, name recognition, in every house/bar in america etc.). It's just not being run very well an they overpaid for the rights and got fucked over in negotiations. They could make a killing off offering an online streaming package without cable service.
>>
File: Broke.jpg (102 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Broke.jpg
102 KB, 1024x576
I really like 30 for 30 so ill be sad to see that go
>>
>>67115447
So they will keep airing live games and drop all those clickbaiting memelords, which constitute about 60% of ESPN's programming.
>>
>>67105600
He won't. He's already stated he's against net neutrality. Comcast and Verizon will send him a couple Ukranian prostitutes and he'll sort out those pesky laws Obama put into place for them.

Remember, the corporations are your friends. Buy a cable TV subscription and don't even dream about them upgrading their infrastructure.
>>
>>67102958
they will obviously sell watchespn separately a la HBOGO
>>
I happen to like Max & Marcellus, so fuck off.
>>
>>67115770
holy shit fuck off that show is beyond terrible
>>
>>67112983
It works fine, but the smartest possible thing to do is sniff out the m3u8 link and play it in VLC or something. Sidesteps all their garbage.
>>
>>67115741
It's already on sling, they aren't totally against it.
>>
i loved sportsnation when sexy ass beadle and charissa thompson were hosting
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 636x357) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 636x357
I still like ESPN cause of this
>>
>>67102849
>Coming up today on ESPN radio:
>a neurotic milktoast jew and a gorilla yell at each other

i like to call that show "the golden boy and the golden goy" cuz you know, mike golic went to notre dame and all =D

btw i think it's technically "milquetoast" tho i cant deny that maybe you went "milktoast" cuz it's a breakfast-time show
>>
>>67103109

wasn't cowherd already >MAXIMUM EDGINESS over some latently/racial shit he said about john wall years ago?

now sometimes when i'm looking to tune into the champions league i catch a minute or two of his show and holy shit that guy loves the dramatic pause... at least whitlock is pretty good on his show
>>
>>67115957
They're not against digital streaming, but I do think they are against easy, widely accessible digital streaming right now because that would rob Disney of their leverage over service providers in forcing them to carry ESPN on basic cable.

Disney pulls almost $7 per subscriber in fees every month for a channel package that maybe only 25% of the people paying for it actively use. It's a fucking brilliant scam, and they're gonna milk the shit out of it for as long as it'll last, which I think is at most 20-25 more years.
>>
>>67105797
>they were going for diversity hires across the board

i love how they hire black/ish chicks 4 first take then after their tour of duty there they "graduate" to sportscenter proper.

first it was jay crawford, who after years and years on FT got out to sportscenter. then comes sage steele and she didnt last too long cuz her quirky-funkiness was quickly bound for sportscenter... then they brought in cari champion to host that for a year or two but eventually she disappeared and then ended up on sportscenter, and now it's molly qerim from NFL network who takes up the FT mantle but will undoubtedly be on SC within a year or so until they bring in more fresh meat for skip/SAS to turn out.

can you imagine spending hours a day pretending like skip bayless and SAS actually matter? yeargh.
>>
File: ALL HAIL THE BASEBALL GODDESS.jpg (1013 KB, 3152x2352) Image search: [Google]
ALL HAIL THE BASEBALL GODDESS.jpg
1013 KB, 3152x2352
>>67109684
WHY DO U HATE WOMEN? UR JUST JEALOUS AND AFRAID THAT SHE KNOWS MORE THAN KRUK AND SCHILLING COMBINED!

plus did you see her walk the bases with jose altuve? BBW UP IN HEEEEUH!
>>
I honestly think I would enjoy sports more if espn ceased to exist
>>
>>67115021
It's starting to be a little counter-intuitive though imho. All those people from New York, Chicago, and LA that make up their huge viewer base? Yeah, they're the ones cutting cords and unsubscribing. Pandering to smaller markets may actually help them in the long run, but it's too much of a gamble, and they'd rather prolong their death than risk dying right now.
>>
>>67116701
College Football and Basketball will be a fucking mess when ESPN kicks the bucket, that's the only thing I'm worried about. Major sports leagues don't have enough teams/games to warrant massive networks so they'll be fine, but I don't want to pay for each individual Conference or Network package just to watch certain rivalry games and excess amounts of College Football.
>>
>>67103009
And it's the reason they SHOULD die.
And fuck all Disney properties too.
>>
>>67102458
E!SPN went to shit when they lost this wizard.
>>
>>67112940
Is he trying to become Hillary's pick for the Supreme Court?
>>
>>67116121
God they are just the worst, the radio I hate the most. Can't fault them because all ESPN wants them to be is non abrasive and bland. Just a couple of spineless lackeys fed to small markets across the country.
>>
>>67115341
pleb
>>
>>67116141
Cowherd is the worst when it comes to anything basketball related, like every time he opens his mouth about a NBA topic it makes me want to kill myself but he he has to because it's popular.
>>
>>67105779
This.

Also they seem to feel the need to include women in top ten plays when their shit sucks. Fuck this gay liberal agenda bullshit
>>
>year long apehoop and NFL coverage
>not even good coverage just shitty dunk highlights and how many headbands Lebron wore tonight
>outside of baseball tonight ZERO coverage for baseball
>literally nothing about hockey
>covers more gossip then actual sports
Fuck ESPN
>>
>>67117607
Wait did he leave?
>>
Why do they employ so many people? They fill a studio with 5 guys for a game, then next week it's 5 different guys.

And why do they have so much shit tier shows? Each one employing another 20 clowns. You are a sports channel, just show live games, highlights and news. It's not that complicated. Save the tmz shit for your website if you must have it.

Another retarded thing is paying obscene money for a big name who offers nothing in terms of analysis.

"oh shit ESPN have Ray Lewis. I'm definitely subscribing to their overpriced shit now"

Sky Sports have gone the same way in the last few years. They'll never recoup the millions they've spent on Henry.
>>
>>67119908
>Why do they employ so many people? They fill a studio with 5 guys for a game, then next week it's 5 different guys.

well i'd guess 1) it's so they can staff their shows with ex-athletes who have other stuff going on where they live (as i'd guess only the most dedicated regulars actually live by bristol CT) and 2) so with shows like NFL Live and NFL insiders they can do their dream of making the NFL year round (see: the draft, the latest in the deflategate/legal-drama, etc) cuz you figure the NFL has to be their big cashcow sport so it's always going to have a bunch of ppl around (i especially love it when they have a half-awake/casually-dressed herm edwards hanging out on mike&mike like he's just casually up and over there for anything more than a paycheck)

also the NBA is another sport where they've got the tv-rights so they gotta pump it up with NBA tonight, and now that the season has ended they gotta showcase their re-hiring of rachel nichols for this NBA JUMP! show that seems to be the NFL live for the NBA.

TLDR = it's basically an attempt to keep their "main" sports year-round via shows like NFL Live / NBA JUMP! featuring a revolving door of ex-athletes who don't wanna fully commit to living in/around bristol CT

oh and of course they DO technically still cover baseball, but since especially MLBN and now FS1 have stepped up with BBTN (baseball tonight) type programs that are >>> BBTN, they've toned that down to absolute ass-end programming (at least until NBA season ends) and even the "flagship" pre-sunday-night-baseball BBTN has devolved from mostly a recap of all the sunday action to like 1/2 puff-pieces about LOL LOOK WHERE THAT CRAZY DALLAS BRADEN WENT IN THE STADIUM TODAY! OMFG HE'S IN THE HOUSTON TRAIN!!!!

and then of course EVERYONE'S FAV BASEBALL PRINCESS JESSICA MENDOZA (who you love, we love, and dont make them print 5-10 more articles about how great she is) TAKES A WALK WITH ALTUVE TO MAKE HIM LOOK EVEN MORE MANLET!
>>
File: ESPN_sinking_yall.jpg (120 KB, 600x322) Image search: [Google]
ESPN_sinking_yall.jpg
120 KB, 600x322
>>67102458
This is what their headquarters look like right now.
>>
They deserve to die for how unbelievably shitty their product has gotten.

Its the worst shilling and race baiting Ive ever seen on cable
>>
how do I fuckin watch their last night's show on sportnation with Kovalev? Fuckers uploaded like 2 videos 1 minute each, even though I think it's supposed to be way longer, way more questions.

How is that dumb website organized
>>
>>67114990
Disney might sell off the unit though

Then again, MCU/Star Wars/Frozen has literally become a license to print money.
>>
>Burger ESPN calls "reading twitter" journalism
>>
>>67121592
All media in this country, literally all of it, movies, sports, printed press, TV etc are owned by 5 companies

Five. Soon to be four.
think about that
>>
>>67121645
lol no
>>
>>67121700
lol yes. google it you fucking simpleton.

Since the 70s media giants have been consolidating.
>>
>>67121726
lol idiot
>>
>>67105779

> lardcollide

Making mental pictures trying to figure out what this is
>>
I have a friend who spends 90% of his free time on his couch watching ESPN. These people exist.
>>
>>67121767
enjoy getting corporate cucked you ignorant farm animal
>>
>start out as underdog meme tv station in the 70s
>build around strong personalities
>actually do well
>reach peak performance in the 90s
>covering all sports fairly decently, especially the big four sports on sportscenter
>2000s come
>sportscenter turns into Lakers/Tiger Woods/Barry Bonds circlejerk within a couple of years
>let's now have this watered-down sportscenter run 24/7 because internet
>content gets worse and worse
>becomes complete nfl and nba circlejerk because "that's what the young people watch xD we're so hip now"
>young people stop watching tv

Last > is the death of ESPN.
>>
>ESPN insider
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.