[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/depression/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: 1458244442061.png (68 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
1458244442061.png
68 KB, 327x367
What happened bros? Was it the poor start? Was it early season injuries combined with kanes poor form? Or is meme magic just too strong?
>>
>>67069366
Shut up kyke
>>
>>67069366
the draws in the first quarter of the season, the loss against Newcastle and letting home leads slip, we've been brilliant this season though, I still think we have a chance, but we should still be proud of the team they've done us better than any other Spurs team I've ever seen
>>
Kane was the best player in the NHL this year you faggot
>>
I kind of want it to come down to 3 points or less so that loss to Leicester would be vital
>>
>>67069366
The 500 draws at the start of the season
>>
>>67069366
You're a third tier club that clinched the second place in the league. Why depressed?
>>
>>67069850
Because the ONE season we're good, fucking Leicester come out of nowhere
>>
It's OK guys, if it had to be anyone, lester was the best choice.
>>
The loss against Newcastle didn't help. But while I see Leicester getting into the top 8 next season, I can't see the same thing this year happening again. But at least we're in the Champions League, and we still have one of our best EPL results if we finish 2nd.

Chelsea have been confirmed for throwing the game against Leicester, so they'll have 6 points from Swansea and them. Assuming we win out, we need Leicester to lose one game and draw one or worse. Hopefully despite Chelsea throwing the game for Leicester, it "might" just so happen that all we need is a win against Newcastle for the last game to confirm a win, despite Chelsea throwing.

But it's not the first time getting my hopes up as a spurs fan. When supporting them you learn not to count your chickens before they've hatched.
>>
>>67069905
I've learned that even when the eggs have hatched the chickens will still die
>>
Its impossible for Arsenal to win the league now right?
>>
>>67069366
Lamela and Kane having awful starts to the season is what cost them in the end imo.

>>67069786
The loss to Leicester was basically worth 6 points though. If Spurs had won it they would have been top of the league going into this weekend.
>>
>>67069904
This desu. I'd rather it be them than some other top clubs. Would have been nice to win sure. It was just unlucky that our good form happened to occur when Leicester was powered by meme magic. But I'm not mad really.

Spurs should be happy with 2nd place and being in the Champions League.
>>
>>67070014
Yes, the maximum number of points they can get is 73 and Leicester already have 76 after beating Swansea.

>>67070026
Weren't even supposed to finish in the top 4 this season, 2nd isn't bad all things considered
>>
>>67069939
Spurs hopes and dreams in an eggshell. Even if it looks to be going well it still doesn't matter in the end.
>>
Are Spurs the ultimate cuck team, y/n?
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY
>>
>>67069904

Thats how I feel about it
>>
>>67070161
that's got to be arsenal surely?
>>
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
>>
>>67069904
I feel this, yet at the same time, it's fucking Leicester. It shouldn't be happening
>>
>>67070161
>Chelsea going to throw the game against Leicester to give the title to another team that's not them

They're the cucks here. That or Aston Villa.
>>
tottenham needs to be put in their place
>>
>>67070218
They've certainly had a good season for sure. But they've had some good fortune too. Next season they'll have the CL to worry about, as well as anyone wanting to poach their players and teams potentially being more aware of how to deal with them. Even with a billionaire owner, they'll probably need a higher revenue stream too along with increasing the squad size with players that aren't complete shit.
>>
>>67070205
>arsenal a cuck team
>their "local" rivals win much less than them, almost always finishes behind them and constantly embarrass themselves just like them
>somehow not cuck
>>
>>67070205
this desu, cucked by Arsene for 20 years

It's hard to believe that this is Toby's and Dele's first season for us and Dier's first role as the anchor man with Dembele and Lamela being incredibly important to us for the first time since they've joined. Kane has looked even better than last season, Lloris is a great captain, our wing backs should've both been in the TOTY, and we've got good depth and an abundance of youth coming through that can be squad players. I'm excited for this team
>>
>>67070362
>Arsenal
>Will never win the league
>Annual knock out to Barcelona
>Only thing to look forward to is St Totteringhams day
>>
>>67069885
You aren't even good, just the big teams this season are all shite.
>>
>>67070227
Nah, Chelsea are cucking Spurs by doing that.
>>
>>67070161
Arsenal won the premiership trophy ON WHITE HEARTH LANE.

Doesn't get more cucked than that mate.

It's like a dude picking up your high school crush and fucking her in your own bedroom.
>>
>>67070406
Are you seriously suggesting Spurs haven't played great football? Even if the big teams were good this year, the way Spurs have been playing they'd still have gotten top 4
>>
File: 1429847172540.jpg (222 KB, 1135x931) Image search: [Google]
1429847172540.jpg
222 KB, 1135x931
>>67070406
>y-you're not good, everyone else is just bad!
>>
>>67070405
So? I'm not a fucking fan of either here you nonce. Spurs are clearly more pathetic.
>>
While I do have a distaste for delusional spud fans back in the early 00's, I'm glad that they're finally get their own back on Arsenal. Take a look at the arse general now and all you'll see are faggots bitching and moaning for Wengers head beliving they "deserve" the title. Part of me just wants Wenger to leave and watch the club collapse into dept-ridden mid table mediocrity.

Fucking plastic club for plastic fans.
>>
Take some postives at least...

>Best starting 11 in the leauge
>Best defence in the leauge
>Best GD in the leauge

Question is whether Spurs can avoid the en-mass buyout of good players that usually happens in the summer window. With the new TV deal though I can see the big clubs struggling to buy their way back to sucess and I don't see why any decent players would like to go to a club like Man United if they're already playing in the champions leauge next season.
>>
File: Fall.gif (1 MB, 440x246) Image search: [Google]
Fall.gif
1 MB, 440x246
>Tfw /sp/ never talks about sports relevant to you
>>
>>67070489
Chelsea are LITERALLY midtable
>>67070471
Take this Spurs team and drop it into any other Prem season and they'd be their usual battling for 4th and probably failing selves. Spurs played some decent football when they had Modric, Bale and VdV but they weren't title challengers.
>>
>>67069366
You sound like an arsenal fan. High off a win and too low off a loss. Lestuh still hasn't won anything
>>
>>67070406
>I-bandwagon-the-top-four the post
>>
>>67070161
The ultimate cuck club is Everton.

Carragher-Everton fan
Gerrard-Everton fan
Owen-Everton fan
>>
File: 1399458757232.png (28 KB, 558x466) Image search: [Google]
1399458757232.png
28 KB, 558x466
>>67069904
and if second place has to be anyone, Spurs are my best choice. Watching you guys cuck the hell out of /arse/ has been my second favourite thing this season.

That all being said, season's not over just yet.
>>
>>67070588
This. Massive positives to take from the season, all that with the youngest average starting 11 is something to be optimistic about even if it doesn't win the title.
>>
>>67070531
It's so obvious your a butthurt /arse/ fag that's mad they haven't been handed the title by default. Don;t you have some pictures of Wenger to burn for warmth?

Feels nice being a spurs and foxes fan. This has been the best season yet.
>>
File: 1457193676957.jpg (68 KB, 798x552) Image search: [Google]
1457193676957.jpg
68 KB, 798x552
weekly reminder that Mahrez missed two penalties, costing Leicester four (4) points.
>>
File: kane-vardy.jpg (136 KB, 1220x580) Image search: [Google]
kane-vardy.jpg
136 KB, 1220x580
>>67070665
This.

Let's both be happy that Arsenal are the ones that's really salty here.

Looking forward to the England team being comprised of virtually spurs and Leicester players.
>>
>>67069753
I actually thought it was a blues logo too but upon further inspection and also remembering that the Hawks raped the blues last night, I realize now that this thread is about poverty ball
>>
>>67070489
leicester went from relegation candidates to champions in 12 months with 20m net spend and a new manager who never won a top league title in his near 30 year career. normally you wouldve needed to spend three times that just to make the jump from 5th or 6th to 4th.

its likely that whoever will be champion will have one of the lowest point totals for a champ in premier league history.

few seasons ago that kind of total wouldve barely gotten you top four even.

leicester and spuds have done well to take advantage, but its clear the top guns died at the kick off.
>>
>>67070866
>implying Leicester won't fade away next season
>implying anyone gives a shit about English Leicester players
>>
>>67071050
the media gives a shit. And they pick the England squad
>>
>>67071050
Vardy is the only one in the squad at the minute. And he won't be even there in 2018 after Leicester begin their collapse next season.
>>
If Spurs can keep hold of Poch, I don't expect Spurs to lose any of their key players. Especially as the players love him. They could definitely be in the mix for a title next season.
>>
>>67071050
Majority Leicester and Spurs players are the only way to guarantee the Euro and possibly the next World Cup.

Unless you're some retard that rates Rooney
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 620x388
>>67071529
>Unless you're some retard that rates Rooney

Rooney is guaranteed to take Alli's spot despite his telepathic play with Kane and we all know it
>>
>>67070405
>Arsenal have won more leagues at Spurs home ground than Spurs have
>annual knockout to random shit EL
team
>only thing to look forward to is "muh harry kane" winning golden boot
>>
>>67071709
I thought Spurs won the league twice though
>>
>>67070588
Why does TV deal mean big clubs won't have as much leverage? Because payouts to treams is much greater thereby counteracting owner spending sprees?
>>
Reminder that Arsenal and Spurs would be reversed if Arsenal hadn't bribed their way into the top division.

Would Arsenal fans prefer to be in Spurs' position of being the smaller club but growing into the bigger one, or Arsenal now with >muh history and 12 years of literal stagnation
>>
>>67069366
Stop making these threads

You're an embarrassment
>>
>>67071860
Lmao the arse swede wants this thread to stop because it's "embarrassing"
Meanwhile /arse/ is a never ending thread of homoerotic nude Giroud posting and Wenger Out every other 2 weeks
>>
>>67072385
He's clearly a spurs fan, I can't see why this thread would be anything but hilarious for arsenal fans

>>67071855
>Would Arsenal fans prefer to be in Spurs' position of being the smaller club but growing into the bigger one, or Arsenal no

Nobody in their right mind would take Tottenham's position over Arsenal's. Arsenal may be a boring club with a horrible fanbase that cheated their way into the top division and isn't even from North London, but at least they have the money to compete with the elite clubs in the long run and a stadium that's nearly paid off.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.