[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the world 100m running record if Usain Bolt could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bolt.jpg (49 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
bolt.jpg
49 KB, 768x432
What would be the world 100m running record if Usain Bolt could start running any distance, like 120m or 150m, and record his fastest 100m? I'm talking about adding the bonus of reducing the time of acceleration minus the time that he will lose, because he got tired of running additional xx meteres beforehand. What distance would be the best choice? And of course we are talking about Usain Bolt in his prime.
>>
Delete this
>>
According to Google, Bolts top speed is 12.5 m/s, multiple that times your desired distance and blamo
>>
probably slower than the real GOAT michael johnson's 50m to 150m when he broke the world 200m record. 8.76 seconds.
>>
>>67032181

check his 200 wr splits
>>
>>67036833
Thats not how it works
>>
His top speed is 44,64 km/h and he reaches it after running 60m so the optimal distance would be to run 160m total and record the speed from the final 100m.

Assuming he can sustain that top speed for 100m it'd make him cover that distance in 8,065 seconds
>>
>>67032181
30-130?

8.4 ish
>>
>>67036850

I checked because I thought I might be wrong. indeed johnson's last 100m and 50-150 were both faster than bolt's WR.
>>
>>67036885
He said to take away from acceleration and fatigue in the OP.
>>
>>67037009

hold the fuck up! not as fast as asafa powell's 100m relay spilt time - 8.70.

enjoy your fastidiously researched answer OP.
>>
>>67036922
This guy is right, at least if I'm understanding OPs question correctly
>>
>>67036850
The second 100m in the 200m is always faster even though they are slowing down.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.