[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are the NBA playoffs so boring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2
File: nba-logo.jpg (24 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
nba-logo.jpg
24 KB, 500x487
why are the NBA playoffs so boring?
>>
>53% of teams make the playoffs
Gee I wonder
>>
>>66999204
>A bunch of niggers running around a court
Gee I wonder why
>>
>>66999281
why do you even watch sports if you're just a racist idiot?
>>
There's no parity in basketball and too many teams in the playoffs. Very little chance of an upset in the first or second round. The finals are usaully decent though.
>>
>>66999204
TOO MANY TEAMS

12 teams should make it, 6 from each conference) instead of 16. Teams would still have a decent chance of making it and we would get rid of the mostly pointless 1 seed vs. 8 seed series and 2 seed vs. 7 seed series

Top 2 seeds in each conference get a first round bye
3 seed plays 6 seed; 4 seed plays 5 seed
>>
>>66999308
Nah, just taking the piss. I don't like Basketball though.
>>
>>66999242
>he hasnt watched the last couple of years(not last year but the years before)

yeah I dont know why they are so bad this year. I thought the east was close but I guess their is a clear cut more experienced teams. the only good round this year will be the conference finals from both sides
>>
I really want to get into the NBA again but will the playoffs get better after the first round?

These games have been so bad
>>
The NBA would be vastly improved if the NBA switched to a 58 game round Robin and then the top 8 teams played a best of 7 playoff

Prove me wrong
>>
>>66999547
go to sleep bill
>>
>>66999508
They'll get better, yeah
>>
>>66999508
The first round is usually meh. It gets better when the crap teams have been eliminated and the games are closer.
>>
Because basketball is a boring sport to watch, scoring happens so often that it's meaningless. 99% of games aren't worth watching until the last 3 minutes.
>>
>>66999204
meh is not that bad, it's better than nfl , hockey and pahjeet cricket
>>
A lot more interesting than fur puck or boreball
>>
>>67001749
what a unique opinion

last years 1st round was pretty insane (clips-spurs is an all time classic). this year has been dog shit so its getting balanced out i guess. 2nd and 3rd and finals should be pretty good
>>
>>66999308
He could just not like niggers m8
>>
>more than half the teams make the playoffs
>first 2 rounds are essentially warmups for the higher seeded teams
>12 of those 16 teams have literally a 0% chance of making the finals even with injuries
Not to mention it's basketball
>>
>>67002602
>it's better than nfl , hockey

wrong in every way imaginable
>>
>>66999547
Can't prove you wrong because you are RIGHT
>>
WAY too long between games.

First round should go back to 5 game series.
>>
>>67007205
You're right about things

There should only be one day between games like NHL playoffs. The NBA playoffs just drag on WAY too fucking long
>>
They'd probably go faster if they didn't stop every five minutes to play music and have people dance around dressed as hot dogs
>>
>over half the teams make the playoffs
>can make the playoffs with a losing record
>7 fucking games
take your pick
>>
>>66999413
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$v
>>
it's rigged to be easy for the best teams

if games were single elimination or best of 3, upsets would be too frequent as coaches could just push their best lineups to 40+ min a night and steal series
>>
>>67007620
Trust me man, I know. I'm just saying how it should be and how it could be if Adam Silvershekel and others like him didn't run the league
>>
>>66999508
western conference playoffs will get way better.
GSW vs Clippers
OKC vs Spurs

Who wins in a Clippers vs Cavs finals?
>>
>>66999204
>playing any amount of games other than one for a final
absolute joke
>>
>14 seconds of gametime taking 10 minutes to get through
>>
>>66999204
Basketball and soccer are the two sports where the better team on paper usually wins. Upsets happen in football, baseball and hockey on a weekly basis. But with basketball, the first rounds are usually 4-0, 4-1 series with a 4/5 matchup maybe having an upset. Inb4 march madness. That's a whole nother monster where seeding is fucked to begin with.
>>
>>67007277

>watch the game to see some of the best basketball players in the world
>instead get a fat fuck trying to make a half court shot for a shitty car

Why do the fans get so much focus in NBA?
>>
>>67008761
you honestly think the clippers can beat the warriors then either the spurs or thunder then win the title? clips lose to the warriors in 5 cp3 never making the wcf will continue
>>
Because everyone knows that Cleveland is going to win the East and either the Spurs or Warriors will win the west.

Literally no point in watching till the WCF or the Finals
>>
Should be 6 teams per conference, top 2 get byes. Opening rounds best of five. Conference championships and finals best of 7. Too much money involved though so it'll never happen. See you in the finals in June.
>>
Too many teams

System is designed to prevent upsets

No parity

Star players get special treatment from refs

Literally a 0% chance someone outside of GS, SA, or CLE is winning this year.
>>
>>67001749
This argument makes absolutely no sense.

Basketball is a battle of attrition and momentum. Every basket possession counts and games can easily be lost by halftime (which has happened several times in these playoffs).
>>
Too long, too many teams.
>>
>>67008846
It's less about the seeding and more to do with the fact it's a single elimination tournament, and not a series. A 7 or 8 in the NBA can steal a game, but there's just no chance of them taking a series.
>>
>>67013401

>system is designed to prevent upsets
>Star players get special treatment from refs

Exactly. Can we just add logos to the jersey's already? Hell, I would pay a fee to watch EVERY GAME if that meant all these fucking queer faggots get paid off. That way, we can have a true honest fucking game.

It's so clear that ref ball is played on almost every playoff game. They know if the finals involve Clippers vs Hornets, very few (I would) would watch that shit. But if it's Golden State vs Cavs ULTIMATE REVENGE PART 2 REVENGE OF THE SITH everyone would watch (I won't watch).
>>
>>67012013

This. CLippers lost to the fucking Rockets last year. No way in hell these Choke artist make it out of the second round.
>>
First rounds are always boring af
>>
>>66999204
Because it's boring as fuck.

>>66999281
Also this.
>>
Too many teams and these playoffs have just been awful. A few years ago, we had a few good series, like Blazers Rockets, in the first round.
Since then, every team besides the Wars and Sperms have gotten worse.
>>
>>67013660
They also beat the Spurs, so what is your argument?
>>
>>66999204
Because there's inherently very little parity in basketball.

It's a sport where only five guys are on the floor for each team, and they play both ends of the floor. That means a team with two or three great players is going to dominate over a 7-game series.

Home advantage is also more influential in basketball than any other sport, another reason why the top seeds are seldom upset.
>>
>>67013437
>battle of attrition
yawn, still boring
>>
>>67015299
Your opinion is dumb.
>>
>>66999204
nba is boring
>>
first round is always poo poo and this year there is really only one team with a chance to win the ship
>>
>>67015318
why? when "every possession counts" and each team gets 100 possessions a game, then every possession doesn't really count. I love playing basketball but as a spectator sport it's kind of shitty t b q h f a m
>>
12 teams should make the playoffs, and series should be best of five AT MOST. Probably best of 3, tb frank. I'm not a big baseball fan at all, but I think they can get away with longer series because scores are really at a premium in those late round playoff series, so upsets are more likely. Also, the starting pitcher aspect means every game is definitely different than the last.

Basketball ain't like that. Every single one of knows that the Warriors will beat the rockets. Maybe the rockets even get another win, and there's probably a minuscule but reall chance they even get two more wins. But we still all know how this ends....
>>
>>66999378
False. There have been upsets in the first round plenty of times
>>
>>66999204

4 games series instead of one game that creates upsets
>>
>>66999204
It's a shitty sport
>>
>>67015575

7 game series*
>>
>>67015654
This.
>>
Dubs and clippers win it all
Singles and spurs gonns spur
>>
>>66999204
Because ever since the league was de-segregated and it became a mild-contact monkey sport it takes no talent.
>>
>>66999204
because the NBA is boring as shit

more boring than baseball

and probably the worst to attend out of the major four

the game isn't even about balling out its just 3s and fouls. broken system for a broken game
>>
>>67020708
NBA is infinitely more exciting than boreball and furpuck and a Warriors/Cavs final will be a ratings goldmine.
>>
>>67020773
>NBA is infinitely more exciting than boreball and furpuck
if you're black or some suburban child that wants to hang out with the blacks sure

the sport started dying after the prime kobe years and absolutely peaked at the MJ years going by popularity and viewership.

It will forever continue to make less money than baseball and football and will almost be that one sport that is just a notch or two more popular than hockey is most places.
>>
>>67020871
Baseball is dying, basketball is growing
>>
File: 1427152971347.jpg (299 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1427152971347.jpg
299 KB, 2000x1000
>>67021078
>le baseball is dying meme
baseball has been outgrowing basketball for decades

even at basketball's peak it didn't nudge baseball an inch

I'm not even a baseball fan but the math is all there

economically baseball has crushed basketball since day one of professional basketball

the best years of the NBA were the equivalent of MLB's worst

NBA isn't even close to being a solid 3 spot in the major four

face it not everyone watches basketball nowadays but a select few like hockey
>>
why did they still have the stupid conference system. just do 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, etc. That way you don't screw over teams in the strong conference and prevent shitty finals after strong semis like is going to happen this year.
>>
>>67022153
and reduce the number of games for fucks sake. It's fucking boring seeing the same 4-5 teams win every year
>>
Even Charles Barkley thinks the NBA sucks to watch, except for the Warriors and Spurs or OKC.

I don't mind basketball. I think I would like it more if I could watch it in the 70s or 80s, or even the 90s. The game today is just boring. Bad play, fouls, and threes. Diluted talent pool.

I also don't really like basketball as much because I think it's the most predictable of the 4 major sports in the USA. Hell, even soccer is less predictable.

In basketball, the better team almost always wins. And that's boring, especially when watching, say, the playoffs when your team isn't it.

I watch the football and baseball post-season when my teams aren't in it, because anything can happen there, and it's fun as a sports fan to watch. It's sort of similar in hockey, but even in hockey, the better team usually wins. Not as much as basketball, though.
>>
Because basketball is boring.
>>
>>67008861
well, the cheapest ticket is probably like 150$, so they want a show

plus it's broadcasted on national teelvision, so a regular 1 min timeout suddenly becomes a 3 mintues one for more commercials
>>
>>67014440
This is right. It's a combination of low parity with refs pandering to superstars making the gap even worse, combined with 7 game series where there are just less chances for upsets.

If you want a clusterfuck with a ton of luck just watch the NCAA tournament.
>>
>>67022764
On the Gridiron, anything can happen
You can fumble or an interception
It don't matter if you're Flacco or Palmer
That big End's sack will make your nuts a little softer
With the ads on the side and the cheerleaders wild
You got Rocking Like A Hurricane blaring like it's 1985
So don't you give up son
Just because one day you went 18-1
Because on the Gridiron anything can happen!
>>
>>66999204
7 game series eliminate parody making the league boring and predictable.

Combine that with too many teams being in the playoffs and it just turns into a dragged out mess.
>>
>>67029327
>parody
Fuck I meant parity
>>
The first round hasn't been exciting since they switched it to 7 games.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.