[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of Bill Simmons' podcast with Louis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: bsck.jpg (89 KB, 960x668) Image search: [Google]
bsck.jpg
89 KB, 960x668
What did you guys think of Bill Simmons' podcast with Louis CK today?
>>
>>66979264
bill pls
>>
>>66979264
Two cucks in a truck!
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
> it's a two rich guys whine about the media episode
>>
>>66979784
what did they say?
>>
I didn't even listen to Simmons when he was with ESPN. Is this worth listening to?
>>
>>66979264
>bill whining episode

lol nope. he is only good when we brought in cousin sal, zach lowe, and the guy who does the golf podcast now. they actually know something about basketball and cousin sal actually entertaining with picking the nfl lines
>>
>>66980643
his draymond interview is pretty good

https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-90-draymond-green
>>
>>66980874
Now that I think about it, Simmons has an amazing history of being COMPLETELY WRONG about everything. I noticed this back when Grantland was still around, about three years ago. Every time he would make a prediction, it would later prove to be completely wrong. So I started keeping track, and he just kept being wrong, about football, about basketball, about everything.

I think Simmons is more wrong about sports than nearly any sports personality currently operating.
>>
>>66980974
He was saying a few years back that Belicheck had lost it and it might be time for the Pats to move on.
>>
>>66981037
>i-i-it's a reverse jinx
>>
>>66981037
he said that after that chiefs loss.

he also said kerr and the warriors new ownership would never win
>>
>>66980974
People worship Nate Silver and Bill James for being so smart, yet when writing about baseball in the 90's and early 00's really never mentioned anything about roids or hgh.
>>
>>66981399
Thats because before it turned into a big deal no one really gave a fuck. The game was more entertaining that it had ever been and everyone just assumed all athletes were juicing. We were blissfully ignorant and extremely entertained.
>>
>>66981489
If everyone knew they were juicing, the media sure didnt act like it, then you werent ignorant. People didnt give a shit but the media made it a big deal and now no one watches baseball and the media think it's because the game is too white or boring. The game is boring again because they got rid of roids thanks to the media and politicians. No one gives a fuck about concussions but the media is doing the same thing, watering down the product and making it less entertaining.
>>
>>66979264
You might as well have just linked to cumeatingcuckolds.com
>>
>>66981583
naw they knew, but they didn't "know" (ie, have definitive proof that wasn't based on heresay). Similar with concussions. Also the time and place wasn't right, mostly because of how insanely popular mcquire and bonds were.

But people have been saying tons of athletes juice since forever, just like there's been people who wont let their kids play football because they're afraid they'll get hurt since forever. Turns out they were both proven definitively right, but that doesn't mean it wasn't ever talked about. It just seemed like athletes were treated more like gods rather than scrutinized 100% of the time by the media, you just didn't have as much criticism.
>>
>>66981855
Because there wasnt social media and blogs where everybody can shoot their mouths off. I was growing up in Chicago at the time and people in the media, some at least, were totally clueless and would get upset about the accusations. Lots of jock sniffs in the media. The fans who knew just didnt care.

I dont care about roids or concussions in the NFL, Im not trying to sound like some tough guy but I love the violence in the NFL, I dont want them to make the game safer and constantly throw flags for bone crushing hits. Im not even talking about head to head or spearing, that I get, but they "err on the side of caution" now on every big hit and its made the game less fun.
>>
>>66981583
I think thats one of the reasons but the mlb main reason why its becoming a dead sport is that their is no marketing. They have a lot of big talent and they never market it. Like throut should be market nationally, harper seems like a great villain that gets people to watch. Stanton seems to be a likeable person who will hit it far. But the mlb doesnt freaking market on a national level hence why not a lot of people care about it.

Also another smaller thing is that the yankees are not good so no team to tune it to hate or root for.
>>
I didnt hear it, but I guess Klosterman and Simmons were talking about microaggressions on a recent podcast and Klosterman was defending them. lol, Its all these women in the media and the low test beta cucks like Chuck and the queers at Deadspin who are dragging sports through a maze of faggotry and sucking the fun out of it. These people would demand a game like NFL Blitz to be taken off the shelves if it came out today, they are the Tipper Gores of the sports world.
>>
>>66982226
I think the nfl should start investing literally billions on curing every brain related injury. Then just internally treat players for cte/concussions and make the game as violent as ever. Make like a professional league of doctors or some shit. because its kind of shitty how players have like a 30% chance of developing a debilitating brain disease at a young age after playing in the NFL.
>>
>>66982295
Theyre making more money than they ever have and currently makes about twice as much as the premier league
>>
>>66982326
wait what? wasnt simmons killed by espn because of going super liberal and SJW?
>>
>>66982395
but look at the viewship. its that way because all the people who have the money know are older. after everyone dies they are going to have to struggle with ratings. this is not a now issue but in 15 -20 years its going to show.
baseball has a major problem and the old guard doesnt see it as a problem because it wont effect them and they are bringing in money now.

I mean you reason is like saying oh yeah go america go america we are top of the world controlling everything. but come on usa has rising employment rates, obesity issues, not enough jobs for the younger kids graduating.
>>
>>66982503
Tons of people are putting their kids into baseball instead of football because its safer. There's an entire generation of kids growing up playing baseball. Just wait until 5-10 years from now, the amount baseball talent rolling in is going to go through the roof.
>>
>>66982371
Right, I played football for a few years in junior high and high school and got "dinged" a few times. If you didnt know that playing football might not be good for your head you probably dont have a lot going on in there. Olbermann once told Dan Patrick a story about him asking a scout what he looks for in certain players and the scout said he likes dumb players, "no brain, no pain".

>>66982423
Hell no, thats what a lot of ESPN is now with extra race baiting. He shit all over Goodell and the NFL and had been in feuds with execs there many times before and that was the last straw. Simmons would always shit on ESPN and talk a big game, then get suspended and when he'd come back he'd say nothing about it and stay in line for a while before he had another meltdown. I used to really like him, but he became so shrill and pathetic, his interview where he slobbered all over Lena Dunham for 90 minutes was a low point he never recovered from in my mind.
>>
>>66982558
really there are more people playing baseball?
http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-baseball-is-losing-children-1432136172
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-14/a-million-kids-stopped-playing-baseball-mlb-wants-to-win-them-back
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/baseballs-trouble-with-the-youth-curve--and-what-that-means-for-the-game/2015/04/05/2da36dca-d7e8-11e4-8103-fa84725dbf9d_story.html

if this wasnt an issue why am I getting so many articles? basketball is clearly doing better now

>>66982561
thats what I was saying simmons is clearly part of the issue with people going extra pc on reporting. its really annoying.
>>
>>66982558
American abroad here. Every single guy I knew grew up playing baseball and we all ended up as adults with NFL BTFO MLB and baseball with better Latin American talent than USA talent
>>
>>66982423
no he was killed because he sad something negative about lord goodell
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.