[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/p layoff-tv-ratings-down-a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: iqDmjwxO.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
iqDmjwxO.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/playoff-tv-ratings-down-a-shocking-61-percent-in-canada/

>Through the first five nights of hockey in the playoffs – from last Wednesday (April 13) through Sunday (April 17) – an average of just 513,000 viewers tuned into the 20 NHL playoff games. Compare that to last spring when there were five Canadian teams playing in the first round and an average of 1.306 million viewers tuned into the first 21 first-round games. That’s a drop of 61 percent from last season.

>“Even with no Canadian teams, those are shockingly low numbers,” said one industry expert. “There were regular season games on TSN two years ago that did better than that.”

Where were you when Rogers and Bettman killed hockey?
>>
Next year will be rigged to let a Cantada team into the playoffs now to improve ratings
>>
Oh no better let them win a cup or they'll stop watching.
>>
hey nobody forced boston to trade seguin
>>
Good
>>
NHL is fixed.
>>
>>66966124
>no Canadian teams in the playoffs
>LOWEST RATINGS EVAR
>SHOCKING
>>
Fantastic news and I sure hope it continues. Roger's deserves to lose a lot of money for the way they've ruined HNIC
>>
>>66967751
Also fuck NBC
>>
There's more to this than just no Canadian teams.

Some of the games are on a channel that isn't included in many cable packages.

Fewer games are on CBC, especially the later games.

Rogers isn't sending crews to games, and just rebroadcasting shitty fox and nbc crews. I really can't believe they aren't doing Chicago-St Louis themselves.

Last season was pretty high, with 5 Canadian teams in 3 series.

>>66967751
I don't know why they broke a winning formula.
>>
>>66966124
>W-we d-don't care about no Canadian teams

>th-that whole Canada's team thing is b-bullshit

>m-most of the players are Canadian anyway so I d-don't care
>>
>>66967751
HNIC was always shit 2bh
>>
File: slashing.gif (1021 KB, 247x216) Image search: [Google]
slashing.gif
1021 KB, 247x216
>oilels gets every #1 pick for a decade and use them all on forwards, surprise surprise they are still shit because they have no defense
>frogs are Price babbies, they will never compete for a Cup as long as their strategy is "Price plz win for us"
>laffs seem to be trying to improve but they have been rebuilding longer than some NHL players have been alive so who knows
>flim flams are PDO babbies who regressed this year after memeing their way to the second round last year
>like the flim flams, the snes also memed their way into the postseason last year then regressed hard this year
>cantpucks best players are over the hill and they don't have any good up and coming talent
>jest were just happy to make the ploffs last year, didn't bother improving in the offseason

It's not Bettman's fault that Canadian teams have shit tier front offices/management
>>
>>66967925
shoo shoo slimy limey
>>
REEEEEEEEE I'm gonna fuckig explode. All these fucking redditors have there panties in a twist over shaw saying faggot. How does a man grow up to be so fucking soft that something offends him so easily.
>>
>>66967968
post reddit reactions im not going there
>>
>Petulant frog Kris Letang gets away with slashing someone in the throat
>Real Canadian Hero Nazem Kadri gets fined $5000 for a "throat-slashing gesture"
>>
>>66967935
>cantpucks best players are over the hill

sad but true

>and they don't have any good up and coming talent

disagree, lots of good young forwards like horvat, virtanen or mccann, only lacking d.
>>
reminder this is not the actual /hoc/ thread
>>
>>66967919
You're referring to casual bandwagon fans not those on /hoc/
>>
>cuckpuck
>>
>>66966124
>NBCSN
>cant watch any game on NHL Gamecenter Live even though it's out of market
>working people have to stay up past midnight to watch the defending Stanley Cup champions because the league and networks inexplicably believe a southern team deserves every prime-time slot
>"hurr why isn't anyone watching"
>>
>>66968096
Yeah it makes no fucking sense having a game start at 11pm. Are you really that surprised people aren't willing to stay up until 2am to watch a team they're not a fan of? It's really not that complicated. What's even worse the prime time games are starting after 9. Not everyone is a NEET.
>>
File: 1455690880050.jpg (339 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455690880050.jpg
339 KB, 1280x1080
Nice ''''''''''''''''''''''''''sport''''''''''''''''''''''''''' you've got there moose fuckers
>>
>canadian stickshoot
nobody cares take this shit to /asp/ dumb syrup farmers
>>
>>66968044
/hoc/ is the most casual general on 4chan. they cant go in depth about hockey for more than 1 sentence and 90 percent of the posts are pleb posts or memes
>>
>>66968235
Yeah because of autists like you shitting up threads
>>
File: oqPTXoj.png (4 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
oqPTXoj.png
4 KB, 224x217
>>66968235
>he's mad at memes

Wow
>>
>>66968235
It's actually frustrating. These faggots take so much pride in their shitty fucking memes.
>>
>>66968212
The all American sport of standing in a field and hitting balls is much better
Basketballs for niggers
Football is pussy rugby
>>
>>66968295
>he takes pride in a puck being moved across ice
lad wew
>>
reminder this is not /hoc/ general
>>
>>66968325
I don't take pride in shit. I just want to talk hockey but as soon you say something constructive the only replies I'll get from you virgins is lol
>rags
>tranpa
>>
>>66966124
>in Canada
>>
File: TRANPA_BAY.png (83 KB, 1073x604) Image search: [Google]
TRANPA_BAY.png
83 KB, 1073x604
>Tranpa Bay LGBTning
>>
>>66968360
>literally having a team called the maple leafs
you dont deserve serious conversation
>>
>>66966124
casual canadians would rather watch jays and raptors ploffs games
>>
>>66968235
>>66968295

>mad at sandwiches
Perhaps /r/hockey or hfboards is more your speed
>>
>>66968096

Not to mention you have to listen to the horrible NBC staff
>>
>>66968568

That's my biggest complaint about ploff hockey. >We play maybe 5 games a year on NBCSN so I'm used to watching almost all of my team's games with my team's announcers. Then the ploffs start and the announcers are a bunch of slapdicks who have maybe watched two of my team's games. They butcher names, they don't know who is good or who is shitty and all they can say about >us are cliches and whatever is on their stat sheet.
>>
this is not the /hoc/ thread you. faggots
>>
>>66968613

I don't care about the nobodies, it's Doc, Eddie, and Pierre that kill it for me. By far the worst announcers in hockey besides Beninati.
>>
>>66968613
>wanting biased homer commentary
>>
>>66968632
>Being this autistic
>>
>>66968632
>Being this autistic
>>
I like both basketball and hockey, and the NHL play-offs have been much more entertaining thusfar. NBA has the advantage of promoting and embracing nig culture and memes, something that the NHL (thankfully) doesn't really do as it's a white sport. The whole bruh f.am on fleek swag shit is linked to the NBA. People love watching Westbrook do his stupid dance and Draymond Green chimping out.
>>
Ratings will be saved next season when the Leafs make the playoffs
>>
No Canadian teams and Rogers has had a trainwreck first season.

All of the Canadian teams with the exception of vaughncouver and frogs are very young with good prospect pools, so that will fix in time (except edm obviously). Rogers contract lasts forever so either they get their shit together or HNIC has drawn its final breath.
>>
>>66968708
>implying the national televised commentators aren't biased towards the large market team
>>
>>66968708
>be a wild fan
>live in Canada
>commentary is always biased against the wild no matter what

What gives with this shit?
>>
>>66968708

Some teams still get biased commentary in the playoffs. Chiraq and the shorks get to have their regular announcers call their playoff games on the national broadcasts.
>>
>>66973279
are you canadian?
>>
>>66975281
Big time
>>
>>66975773
are canadian wild fans common?
>>
>>66967995
Replay shows Tanger's slash was an accident. Stick was up from just playing the puck, and his whole body was twisting after catching the glass. At worst he should get a fine for being reckless with his stick, as that's still the player's responsibility, but anybody calling for a suspension is just butthurt.
>>
>>66976666
Are they on here? I'm in alberta and their isn't a many fans, but no one hates them either. I haven't browsed /sp/ since the Winter Olympics.
>>
>>66968613
t. fan of a shitty small market team
>>
wew
>>
Gringos don't give a fuck about luckpuck but handegg.
>>
Rogers did fucking ruin HNIC. It was fucking perfect. Now it feels so fucking bland like i'm watching Sportsnet game, the scoreboard, The theme song (No more Canadian Gold) and they let that greek faggot host the show instead of Ron Mclain. Can't believe i have to put up with shit for 9 more years, pending if they don't sign another contract

No more TSN regular season games except winnipeg and laffs local games

Also, the fucking playoffs end in fucking JUNE

should just make the playoffs a one game elimination or best of 3 and make the final best of 5 or something. It's way too fucking long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJizRX1Vjpk

the best fucking theme (2008)
>>
>>66987578
kek

KEK

this is the worst CG ive ever seen in my life. looks like a ugandan high school film project
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.