[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best players of all time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
>1. Pele
>2. Maradona
>3. Messi
>4. Cruyff
>5. Beckenbauer
>6. Di Stefano
>7. Ronaldo
>8. Zidane
>9. Puskas
>10. Garrincha

Name a flaw.
>>
>tranny pedofile scoring goals on a Sunday league who didn't get a third world cup trophy until the 90s when FIFa tried to take away glory from the coke addict becoming the true GOaT.
>#1

Opinion discarded
>>
>>66964829
forgot gerrard la
>>
>list not in POWER RANKINGS format

kys
>>
>no Puskas

Into the trash
>>
Where is IBRA?
>>
>>66964829
>no best
>>
>>66964829
Biggest flaw is trying to compare players in wildly different playing positions (defender vs. attacker) and wildly different time periods.

I don't see the point in comparing a player from the 60's to a player from the 00's. I get the arguments people make towards it, but I've always preferred rating players I've actually seen, so 94 and after.
>>
>>66964952
>a player doesn't count if they played before I was born
>>
Where is fat Ronaldo
>>
>>66964966
Tell me more about Pele, grandpa
>>
>>66964898
Mate...
>>
>>66964966
Obviously they do count, but I feel that I am unable to truly evaluate the skills of players that I didn't see in their prime.

Surely you understand this? Of course there are established, 100% sure GOATs like Gretzky, Montana and Schumacher that you don't have to see to know they are the GOAT, it's so blatantly evident.
>>
>>66964952
This, Pele was arguably GOAT in his era, but Ronaldinho would've been GOAT too with 1vs1 defense.

>30s
Meazza

>40s
Zarra

>50s
Di Stefano
Puskas
Gento

>60s
Pele
Garrincha
Best
Charlton

>70s
Cruyff
Beckembauer
Neeskens

>80s
Maradona
Platini
Zico
Rossi

>90s
Ronaldo
Zidane
Koeman
Maldini
Rivaldo

>00s
Ronaldinho
Kaká?
Messi
C.Ronaldo
Ibra

>10s
Messi
C.Ronaldo
Iniesta
Xavi
Suarez
>>
>>66964829

It's hard to decide. Until the 70-80's footballers were just guys with the biggest talent. aka t-rex feet + no muscles on upper body.

Puskás was able to hit a box of matches on the crossbar 10 times in a row, was fat, had great dribbling.
Garrincha had one leg shorter than another. These guys just played football.

Today football is much more athletic, every decent playes is shredded af, fast, strong.

From who I have seen messi has the biggest talent, but he is lazy autist cunt and nearly never playes on his potential.
There also were some magicians like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Figo, Deco.. etc.

and also the product of hard work, the great TSU man, he would be clearly top in any sport he would pick.
>>
>>66965041
>Meazza
In the 30s, football was played with 1 defender, 2 midfielders, 7 strikers.
>>
Anyone unironically listing non whites in his top 10 is a certified cuck.
>>
>>66965041
I have a really hard time comparing defending and attacking players. I know, I should compare their effects on their team, but how do you say that Zidane was more important to the success of Juventus than Maldini was to the success of Milan, if you know what I mean?
>>
File: fedora.png (349 KB, 291x604) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
349 KB, 291x604
>>66964829
>Pele
>Maradonna
>Cruyff
>Beckenbauer
>Garricha

>>66965041
>No Laudrup or Schmeichel
>>
>>66965079
Easy.

Pre-Maldini Milan had won 2 European Cups/Champions' Leagues.

After Maldini, Milan had won 7 European Cups/Champions' Leagues in total.
>>
>>66965094
before Victor Valdes as second keeper in Spain NT, spain won 0 major competitions. after they got 2 euro cups and 1 world cup
>>
>>66965149
This

Although I think >>66965094(You) were baiting.
>>
>>66965149
>>66965172
Are you dumb? Valdes played no part in Spain's rise. Maldini did. Where's the bait? Maldini won 5 European Cups with AC Milan, making their total 7.
>>
>>66965180
Maldini did play a huge part in Milan's rise
is what I was meant to say
>>
>>66965180
Maldini was definitely fantastic for Milan, but you can't just give all the credit of Milan's fantastic rise to Maldini.

There was a lot of other shit going on.

That's like saying that CR7 is a shit player because he has only won one CL with RM, whilst they have won like 2000 without him.
>>
File: 1450489696755.jpg (137 KB, 988x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450489696755.jpg
137 KB, 988x1024
>>66964829
>Tom Brady not number 1
Opinion discarded desu senpai
>>
>>66964976

at no.7
>>
>>66964880
>tranny pedofile
holy shit, you do want to make him look bad. how sad.
>sunday league
he played in a league that at the time was 10 times more qualified than the MLS.
>>
garrincha should be 2nd
maradona also should be 2nd.

they should both be 2nd. it'd give us the notion that they were equally qualified, but brought different things to the table.

nevermind, messi should be 2nd and the two I mentioned earlier should be 3rd, with fatnaldo in 4th.
>>
>>66964829
I know this is bait but

>Rating Zidane
>No Eusébio

Beat R.Madrid Puskas + Di Stefano + Del Sol team with a bunch of portuguese literal whos, and I don't even like the alcoholic bastard.
>>
You named Messi at 3 but didnt list someone who has outscored him and won the same stuff with multiple teams which were also weaker for most of his career in the exact same era at all.
>>
most of those players played against part time plumbers, not athletes
>>
>>66964829
>messhit overy Cruyff
>Maldini not in that list

fucking christ the stupidity hurts my fucking eyes
>>
>>66965955
GOAT is all about how much a player was better than his era. they had the same shit training methods etc as everyone else back then and shit on them, thats why their GOAT. you can only be judged against your opponants at that time
>>
>>66965980
>cryuff over messiah
I agree with you on Maldini
>>
I think messi is a little too high on this list, Ronaldo should be higher also
I think Ronaldinho could be made an argument to be on here
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.