[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Your Premier League team of the season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: premier league XI.png (211 KB, 392x511) Image search: [Google]
premier league XI.png
211 KB, 392x511
ITT: Your Premier League team of the season
>>
Pretty accurate lad besides bellerin
>>
>Bellerin
He's pretty shit desu mate. Just a young pace merchant who can't defend and will never improve under Wenger.
>>
Change Alli with Özil
Change Bellerin with Walker
>>
>>66945199
this desu
>>
Butland
Walker - Alderweirald - Huth - Fuchs
Mahrez - Kante - Ozil - Payet
Vardy - Kane

Bench:
De Gea, Smalling, Rose, Alli, Arnautovic, Lukaku, Aguero
>>
>>66945022
>de gay

I wish this meme would just die
>>
File: EPLTotY.png (255 KB, 383x474) Image search: [Google]
EPLTotY.png
255 KB, 383x474
>De Gea
Clearly a brilliant GK that saved his team a ton of points. I also strongly considered Butland but I have seen way more United games so I went with the surer thing.

>Alderweireld/Rose/Walker
Spurs have been by far the best defence, Alderweireld easily the best CB and the full back spots are probably the least talented ones so those are pretty self explanatory.

>Smalling
This is going to get greentexted a lot in favour of Huth/Morgan but I'm really not that impressed with Leicester's defence. Their organisation is great but individuals make serious mistakes every game and they rely on opponents missing sitters way more than they should. Smalling meanwhile, has been the leader of a very underrated United defence (2nd best after Tottenham imo).

>Kante
self explanatory, easily the best DM in the league
this season

>Dembele
I think he's one of the most underrated players in the league right now. Brilliant in keeping possession and integral to Spurs high tempo pressing. He'll probably never really get the credit he deserves because his final pass and shooting ability are lacking but he's absolutely elite in every other aspect of midfield play.

>Mahrez
self explanatory, player of the season in my opinion.

>Ozil
Another one that is going to get greentexted because muh inbisibel man meme. He has been the most creative player in the league and the main reason why players like Giroud or Walcott scored any goals. Two things that have gone largely unappreciated about him (because of everyone jizzing themselves over assist totals) is his brilliant off the ball movement to the outside and defensive work. It really baffles me how he can still have the "lazy playmaker" label attached to him, he's not necessarily a hustle player but he's very disciplined without the ball and always positions himself intelligently in order to block passing angles. Probably my 2nd choice for player of the season after Mahrez.
>>
>>66945375
>Payet
Signing of the season and by far the best player on the 2nd biggest overachievers in the league. Brilliant playmaker and the best set piece taker in the league. Not many will argue with this selection.

>Kane
He's simply a much better overall player than Vardy. I've been greatly impressed with how his game evolved beyond simple finishing and how he has become an asset in the pressing game and in unlocking a defence with either his improved passing ability (although he still has ways to go in that regard) or the ability to find the corner from some incredibly difficult positions (equaliser vs Liverpool, goal at WHL vs Arsenal, yesterday's opener vs Stoke etc). Vardy, while incredibly effective, is more of a simple workhorse counterattacker than a brilliant centre forward like Kane.
>>
>>66945022
looks good fäm
>>
-------------------De Gea
Walker Aderweriald Morgan Fuchs
--------------------Kante
-----------------Mahrez Alli
-----------Aguero Vardy Kane
>>
>>66945375
>walker is the best RB this season
is this a meme? Have I missed something?
>>
>>66945471

He can actually overlap and there aren't very many good RBs in the EPL
>>
>>66945471
Very solid defensively, quite dangerous going forward and a starter on the best defence in the league.

Who are even the other candidates? Clyne? Pacebabby Bellerin? The weakest member of Leicester's starting XI?
>>
De gea

Sagna alderweild huth rose

Fernaninho kante ozil

Aguero kane mahrez
>>
Fullback is literally meme position at this point.

Going fast is the only requirement.
>>
>>66945565

>Very solid defensively

No he's not, he's working in a highly in form team with alot of energy in one of the worst premier leagues in terms of quality
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3535276/Forget-voting-Leicester-City-Premier-League-Team-Year.html
>>
>>66945677
Then who's better? Simpson who does nothing going forward and is the weakest link of his defence? Bellerin who looks like the Walcott of defenders? Clyne who's a part of a pretty bad defence? The rotating chair's at United's RB spot?

Walker's far from perfect but he's better than any other player at the position
>>
>>66945544
>aren't very many good RBs in the EPL
So hes the best of a bad bunch, Ill agree with that
>>
i want to fit the brown in but i just dont know how
>>
>>66945850

I think he's a shit defender just benefiting of the team more than anything else. Can't knock his attacking this season though
>>
File: 1460752889148.jpg (42 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1460752889148.jpg
42 KB, 500x370
>>66945586
>Sagna
>Fernandinho
>>
>>66945022
change Rose for Fuchs and Bellerin for anyone else
>>
>not fucks as lb
>>
>>66945850
>Then who's better?
Janmaat
Fonsu-Mensah
>>
How's Cedric these days?
He was great almost everytime I watched him play.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.