[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Stan Smith good enough for tennis beginner?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 780x520
Hey,

I'm going to start playing tennis again after 15 years. Not really sure how I will do, so don't want to invest too much.

I have a pair of Stan Smith and I was wondering if they'd be good enough to start with.

Any idea?
Thanks
>>
They are good enough for FASHION VICTIMS laughing my ass off
>>
That would be like wearing some new Chucks for basketball. They were manufactured to keep up with sports 30+ years ago, with more padding and better materials, now they're made exclusively for fashion.
You should buy some actual tennis shoes.
>>
remember adidas >nike
>>
tennis is for queers
>>
>>66937823
I understood they were not ideal and I was planning on buying new ones if I didn't suck too much.
But now it seems I will be just ridiculous wearing them... shit

How much can I expect to pay if I want something decent but not too expensive?
Any example?

Thanks
>>
>>66938063
The best shoes from companies like Adidas, Babolat, Yonex, etc. are around $130.
However, you can get a pair of Adidas Barricade Court 2.0 shoes for $65 US, not sure how expensive they are in Japan.
I've owned some $90 Barricade Club shoes and they were quite good, I trust Adidas to make a good shoe even at the lower end.
>>
>>66937647
ignore most of these people op. You're trying something new and theres a good chance you wont like it so save as much money as you can while exploring. Wear the Stans for the first day. If the take-away is "that was fun but my feet hurt" then get new shoes. Just make sure you do a good job of stretching out, especially your ankles
>>
>>66938268
This, then, if relevant, this:
>>66938199
>>
>>66938338
>>66938268
>>66938199
Thanks
>>
>>66937647

No. They are not built for today's tennis, have 0 support and the sole is not good enough. They are tennis inspired fashion shoes.

Get a pair of Yonex, I'm sure they are cheap in Japan.
>>
dunlop volley m8
>>
too heavy, you're going to be real uncomfortable when playing

use some running shoes if you have them, then buy some dedicated tennis sneakers if you decide to keep playing
>>
File: asics gel res 6.jpg (31 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
asics gel res 6.jpg
31 KB, 350x262
>>66937647

how about the asics gel resolution 6/5?
should be cheaper/same price as stan smiths in japan

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kpiswim/item/tll753-0193/
>>
>>66937750
At least they're not Common Projects
>>
File: image.png (884 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
884 KB, 750x1334
>>66937647
Get Nike vapor zoom shoes signed by roger federer. The only shoe good enough
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.