[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mls/ general, Week 7: Now featuring /nasl/+/usl/+/nwsl/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 113
File: nwsl-map-2016.jpg (188 KB, 1280x777) Image search: [Google]
nwsl-map-2016.jpg
188 KB, 1280x777
Saturday April 23:
NYCFC @ Philadelphia Union (4pm EST)
Toronto FC @ Montreal Impact (4pm)
New England Revolution @ AC/DC United (5:30)
Houston Dynamo @ Columbus Crew SC (7:30)
Seattle Sounders FC @ Colorado Rapids (9pm)
Real Salt Lake @ L.A. Galaxy (10:30pm)
FC Dallas @ Vancouver Whitecaps FC (10:30pm)

Sunday April 24
Sporting KC @ San Jose Earthquakes (3:30pm)
Orlando City SC @ NY Red Bulls (7:30pm)

NASL:
April 22-- Rayo OKC @ Miami FC (8pm EST)

NWSL:
April 23-- Western NY Flash @ Chicago Red Stars (7pm EST) // Houston Dash @ Orlando Pride (7:30) // FC Kansas City @ Portland Thorns (8:30)
>>
fight and win
>>
All my keks
>>
This is an embarrassment.

USL? Fucking really?
>>
>>66917449
>NWSL
>>
>womens' sawker

>>66917648
>USL? Fucking really?
Have you noticed all the USL posting in the last four threads? I don't really mind it, much better than NASL shills posting >muh rightful division 1.
>>
>>66917449
Do they call the Flash-Dash game the Streaker Derby?
>>
>>66917449
>Now featuring /nasl/+/usl/+/nwsl
>USL schedule not listed in OP

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Capture_20160417.webm (91 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Capture_20160417.webm
91 KB, 320x240
8th for valeri heem-ing godoy
>>
File: us_soccer_2017.png (546 KB, 1695x1015) Image search: [Google]
us_soccer_2017.png
546 KB, 1695x1015
9th for >soon
>>
>>66917812

Real thread
>>66917812
real thread
>>
File: usl-shitty.png (81 KB, 915x777) Image search: [Google]
usl-shitty.png
81 KB, 915x777
>>66917775
>implying anyone gives fucks
>>
>>66917834
Reported. Let's see what the janitors have to say about multiple generals.
>>
>>66917875
>trusting le do it for free man
>>
>There are fans on this board right now who cheer for Philadelphia Union

I never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>Rules is rules
>>
File: 1451026865341.png (2 MB, 980x1110) Image search: [Google]
1451026865341.png
2 MB, 980x1110
>>66917920
>tfw
>>
>>66917648
USL has better refs than MLS tbhfam
>>
>>66917962
Maybe they'll share
>>
>>66917994
not sure if PRO does USL but honestly m8. 3 of the goals in ORL - NE should have been disallowed/why was that a penalty
>>
Honestly NASL has more exciting matches this week then MLS tbqh

No shitty reffing and less memeir
>>
>>66918076
They literally use the same refs. The players are just so shitty you don't notice
>>
>>66918127
or maybe NASL players don't chimpout on every foul?
>>
>>66918171
>Chimping out on a ref isn't an American tradition
I'm disappointed, anon
>>
File: DidSomeoneSayChimpingOutOnRefs.jpg (39 KB, 512x391) Image search: [Google]
DidSomeoneSayChimpingOutOnRefs.jpg
39 KB, 512x391
>>66918182
>Soon
>>
File: Seattle_Sounders_FC.jpg (243 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
Seattle_Sounders_FC.jpg
243 KB, 1365x1024
HAY
WAIT
I GOT A REAL COMPLAINT
>>
File: Ndo9k9A.png (222 KB, 1135x654) Image search: [Google]
Ndo9k9A.png
222 KB, 1135x654
We memeing today
>>
>>66918262
>firing someone already

they must have just not liked him. its only week 6 and its fucking MLS where anything can happen. and they won.
>>
>>66918304
anon...
>>
why does the PNW pretend to enjoy women's sports
>>
>Kansas City, KS
eww
>>
>>66918590
Why does Australia actively hate sheilas.
>>
File: mlels.png (546 KB, 1000x1054) Image search: [Google]
mlels.png
546 KB, 1000x1054
>waiting a week between matches
I thought this was supposed to be soccer, not football.
>>
>>66919224
certainly not actively
>>
>>66919301
Not according to you.

Or is the rest of the world just terrified of Superior American Females.
>>
>>66917449
Fuck the NWSL. Stupid fucking cunts get subsidized by the USSF, then have the balls to complain that they aren't getting paid enough to play in a league that's not making money.

And to top it off, it's only purpose is so that the USWNT, which is already run like a club (the players get salaries from USSF, benefits, time off, etc.) can have a domestic league to play in, so we can keep dominating other countries.
>>
>>66919366
>outgrosses the men they year our women won the fucking WORLD CUP
>complain they didn't get paid for it
It's all well and good they don't get paid the same if their league isn't making as much, but World Cup money? C'mon, bro.
>>
>>66919358
why am i terrified?
>>
File: uswnt.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1465) Image search: [Google]
uswnt.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1465
>>66919437
Because they have a World Championship.

You know who doesn't?

The Australian Men's Team.
>>
>>66919489
but no one cares about that trophy
>>
>>66919489
>Bragging about dykeball
>>
>>66919495
>Bragging about something our country does well
Why don't I just hang back and wait for you to brag about getting drunk and being racist.
>>
>>66919495
>>66919532
My bad, thought you were the Aussie.

But srsly tho, our country won a world championship at something that wasn't confined to just our country. Do you just shit on the entire Olympics too, or what?
>>
>NASL and USL are garbage leagues too
>haters choose to focus on the women's league

Whoa there, buddy, spread that hate around some, there's enough for everyone.
>>
>>66919405
This is going to be a little long, so bear with me here. 4Chan's got some character limits, so this is post 1.

First of all, winning the WWC means almost nothing in this conversation. It's all about revenue generated.

If you want to come at this from the "moral" perspective in terms of "deserving money" based on talent level, let me remind you that the WNT lost in 2012 to the U-17 MNT (16 and younger amateur men's team)
in a friendly 8-2.

From a purely talent perspective, those amateur boys "should" make more money. But, it's not about how good you are, but how much money you can generate. I could be an extremely talented singer. But if I don't generate revenue, it's Kanye who brings in the big bucks.

Even if you were to argue that the WNT out-performs the USMNT inside their own sphere (which they do, even if the MNT would smash the WNT head-to-head), the money that they get from the tournament comes not from USSF, but from FIFA. The WWC generates a tiny fraction of that the WC makes, and USSF takes what FIFA + sponsors give them, and gives it to the USWNT. The WWC generated very little money in comparison to the WC. THAT is why the USWNT didn't get much money for winning, while the USMNT got more money for getting to the knockout stages. Certainly wasn't "muh patriarchy".
>>
>>66919632
>>66919405
Part 2

Secondly, the WNT gets less money because they signed a CBA agreement that was structured differently than the MNT.

When the Women signed a CBA back in 2005, they decided to forgo larger per-game appearance bonuses for guaranteed salaries, healthcare, maternity leave, etc. for their players. Why? Because there was no Women's league, and the ones that tried to get off the ground failed miserably, so the USWNT favored stability over greater potential earnings. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes, they generated more "revenue" than the USMNT in 2015, forgetting for the moment that this is skewed towards their favor (USMNT's worst year, Women's highest grossing year because it's a WC year), but, the costs to run the USWNT are significantly higher. Why? Subsidizing NWSL, and paying salaries and benefits.

In the Men's game, the players are given a bonus for appearing in a game (not just making a roster, like the USWNT). Other than that, USSF doesn't subsidize MLS, nor does it pay wages.

Thirdly, I agree that USSF certainly needs to be a little more transparent with their books. Exactly what parts of their program cost how much, and where do they get their money? As a non-profit, they aren't giving it away to executives or shareholders, but how much, for example, is Soccer United Marketing (SUM) charging for their services? Could the USSF get a better deal from another marketing services provider? We only know if they show their books a little more. For all we know, they may not separate WNT and MNT costs, and they may not separate their revenue streams either. If the next CBA is based on revenue generated by each team (as it should be), USSF needs to keep track.
>>
>>66919548
Yeah they're rubbish
>>
File: SoonNight041816.jpg (283 KB, 2464x1632) Image search: [Google]
SoonNight041816.jpg
283 KB, 2464x1632
>Soon: late night vibes edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g5T5ufN8Rg
>>
>>66919405
>>66919632
>>66919672
Part 3

I do not mind the USWNT trying to negotiate a new CBA. That's what this is all about, trying to get leverage in the 2016 CBA negotiations.

I do take offence to the blatant lying and misrepresentation of the facts.

For example, using a WWC year (highest WNT revenue year every single cycle) and comparing it to the MNT's worst year every cycle (the wear-out from the WC, always a dip in revenue), and not making that crucial distinction.

Not making the distinction that USSF gets WC/WWC money from FIFA. No control over how much that is.

Not mentioning that they get salaries and other benefits that the USMNT doesn't. And therefor have significantly higher costs.

Not mentioning that the USWNT is given long "victory tours" at the end of every WWC and Olympics (regardless if they won or not), because USSF is trying to generate as much interest/revenue as possible. And even then, the MNT in 2015 out-drew the 2015 WWC champion WNT 40K-23K fans/game.

If I were a CEO, and I said that the company made 1 million dollars in 2015, so I deserve a bonus... but forgot to mention that we lost 1 million dollars the previous year, that's a morally-wrong way to present a situation.
>>
>>66919632
>>66919672
Thanks for post. Lots of soccer podcasts i listen to just give the pro-uswnt side, when they talk about it.

Want nothing more than success for the teams, men and women, but strong arming to get more money might not be the best play.

Probably the popularity is pushing them to do it now, rather than later.
>>
>>66919632
>>66919405
>>66919672
>>66919738
Finally, please, don't post something hastily. If you post Grant Wahl's BS 4-year cycle numbers, I'm going to point out that they neglect to give the USMNT 15 million dollars right off the bat for participation in the Copa Centennario in 2015. And, like all revenue numbers, fail to take costs into account.

USSF is projected to lose money in 2 or 3 of the years in the coming 4-year cycle. How is that happening if not the USWNT is costing significantly more than the revenue that they generate? Perhaps USSF is just terribly run, but I'm going to bet that that's not the case.
>>
>>66919763
Copa is this year, 2016, sorry for the typo.
>>
>>66919753
I agree, this is a shrewd move by the USWNT. Problem is, the WNT scene is extremely uncompetitive. We could field a team of college players and not only qualify, but do extremely well. Legitimately not even kidding, we could do that. This means that the WNT's ultimate weapon, which is the best players refusing to play, is basically ineffective. Their only chance is to try to whip up public sentiment into a frenzy and hope that USSF backs down.

I don't think it's going to work. And what's worse. Instead of merely being a shrewd business/negotiation tactic, I think the WNT players ACTUALLY BELIEVE that they are being treated extremely unjustly.

Per-diems could be more equal, as could travel accommodations. Fields are always a tough one, because the USWNT doesn't go out of the US for friendlies often, and they don't have a CHOICE to play on a turf field if it's the only field available.

Women kicking a ball, who are only able to get paid doing this BECAUSE they are women (and hence can exclusively play against women), should not feel to aggrieved about anything. They have the right, like anyone, to stop what you are doing and do something else if they want to get paid more money. Just because other people earn more doesn't mean you necessarily DESERVE more.
>>
>>66919489
FYI, the Australian Men's team would wipe the floor with the WNT. And, them winning the WC would be infinitely harder and more impressive than us winning the WWC.
>>
>>66919738
>blatantly lying

Nah, bruh. Women's team did better in their WC year than the USMNT does ANY year, leaving out for a moment any MLS profits. From strictly international competition, these are facts.

Is the CBA wacked? Sure, but as you yourself say, it was created when there was no women's league. So they have less money, they can't promote themselves, and the powers that be say, "We won't market this, no one wants to see it."

To use an example, this is the same bullshit argument as, say, superhero movies starring women. "Everytime we make one, they bomb, no one wants to see it," they say, then site terrible movies as examples. Meanwhile The Hunger Games was out tearing up the box office.

US Women, the USWNT, and the NWSL, are not fucking Aeon Flux. They are the got-damn Hunger Games, and if you build it, they will come.
>>
>>66919821
>a men's team would beat a woman's team
Thanks for the big scoop there, Ausfag, this isn't news.

The point is the USWNT beat your sheilas who were all recruited from local bars and secretarial pools.

But sure, you're not a misogynistic country or anon. Righty-o.
>>
>>66919909
our flags aren't even similar
>>
File: nyc-rb.png (188 KB, 1271x1024) Image search: [Google]
nyc-rb.png
188 KB, 1271x1024
>implying we can't all rally around how much this sucks
>>
>>66919833
>blatantly being this retarded

So, you forgot that the USWNT lost to an amateur boys team? 8-2? That whenever WNT's play teams made up of men, they get shit on?

http://www.thelocal.se/20130116/45646

Here's a local Swedish club, AIK (one of the perennially good Swedish teams) and their U-17 boys team beating the Swedish WNT 3-0.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/uswnt-vs-u-17-usmnt.1939180/

USWNT getting beat 8-2. Apparently often lose to U-15 teams as well. Can't be bothered to search for that, so disregard that if you'd like.

Here's some stats on the USWNT's costs/revenues.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2016/3/8/11182834/uswnt-made-bank-in-2015

But, even if it were true that the WNT generated more revenue in a single year than any single year for the MNT (I don't see a source on that), you not only fail to take into account the increased costs, but you fail to take into account that the MNT are about to participate in the Copa Centenario, the automatic 15 million in revenue of which has not been included in any USSF projections because of the US DOJ case against CONCACAF/CONMEBOL (they weren't sure if the tournament was going to go ahead). Which, coupled with the friendlies and WCQ in 2016, of course means that the MNT will make more money than the USWNT's 2015 WC year. But THEY won't suddenly make more money either!

The last few times Women's leagues got made after WC 1999, still the most iconic WWC ever, they flopped. The latest flopped a few years before the NWSL.

The difference between the Hunger Games and the USWNT is that USSF is a non-profit. They can't take a massive loss funding a dud if they don't have enough money from previous years to cover the costs. They make and lose money each and every other year, so they can't recoup a big loss.

And, they wouldn't make a big bet on Women's soccer either. It's the Men's game that attracts the viewers, money, and sponsorship, while the NWSL can't even get a sponsor.
>>
>>66919923
This >>66919909 dude is literally retarded. How do you fuck up TWICE in the same thread?

>>66919909
And for the record, most of the other football/soccer federations put almost nothing into the Women's game. The USSF is unusual in its funding of the USWNT. And it speaks to the lack of quality in the Women's game that random Australians can qualify for the WC with basically zero support from their Federation.

Hell, the existence of that god-awful Thai team proves that even moreso.
>>
>>66920044
Now that Miazga's gone, I don't need to pretend to like that "team".

Who going to the /Quakes/ game on Sunday? Quakesfag you'd better be there.
>>
>>66920056
>being retarded

Your entire POV seems to be built around women losing to their male counterparts. This has nothing to do with anything going on ITT or in soccer.

Men don't play women in literally any other sport, not even tennis. That doesn't mean you can't still watch the game, or that you shouldn't want to. The game is its own set of rules in nuances, not as distant as, say, American football vs Australian rules football, but it's comparing apples to oranges and you're calling me retarded for not agreeing that apples are always better than oranges. It's like you're not even paying attention.
>>
>>66920115
It's not. Read my multiple posts on the topic.>>66919632
>>66919672
>>66919738

The USWNT has a contract with their employer, USSF. The pay structure is different from the MNT, and their revenues from the WWC are significantly less than the MNT. Boom, that's the pay disparity.

OK that's out of the way. On to the future. The WNT will get more money in the next CBA coming up. That's a given. The payment structure may change as a result. It may change to be similar to the men's, but considering the USSF will continue to fund the NWSL, that likely won't change.

That's out of the way now too. So, what are you on about? You think the USSF needs to invest more money? You think they aren't investing enough? What? I've approached this issue from multiple angles. You're still talking, but I don't understand what your point is? My issue is not with the WNT players making more money. My issue is with their intentional mis-representation of the current situation. Which you'd know if you'd bothered to read anything I wrote.

>It's like you're not even paying attention

You're literally not saying anything. You take up no stance. You don't bother to read my posts.

Hell, don't bother responding, I've said all that needs to be said. Goodnight.
>>
>>66920177
The CBA was created when there was no league. So now that there is, they are already underpaid.

The woman make less money because it is not marketed, not sold, not given the push MLS was when it started 20 years ago. Your stance is "they deserve what they get," and my stance is, "They could get better if they got the promotion the men do."

It's a quality product, you're just hating on it to hate on it.

And the USL is still shit, too. But that and NWSL are a cheap way to get drunk and watch soccer.
>>
>>66920189
I'm being sucked right back in. The USSF NEVER PAID THE SALARIES OF MLS PLAYERS. In fact, even though we were trying to get a bid for the WC, we had a College team qualify for Italia 1990. '94 was slightly subsidized by USSF, but mostly players paid their own way like in 1990. We had an indoor pro league that some guys played in, and others played in Europe.

I think the crucial hangup is MLS vs NWSL. MLS was funded by billionaires like Lamar Hunt and Robert Kraft. From the beginning to now. Same guys. USSF tried to make the WPSL a little while ago. Raised money, and folded after 2 seasons. Then they make NWSL in 2012 trying to capture momentum from 2012 Olympics. They piggyback off of existing MLS clubs (aka billionaire owners like MLS), and are still alive.

If the players want to make more money, play in the good leagues like Sweden, France, Germany. That's where the top players play.

They could get paid more if the USSF gave them more money and promoted them. But they won't. Because whereas when creating MLS we could stabilize pro soccer in the US (for any gender), host a WC, and get the backing of billionaires to pay for it, the promise of the NWSL is nothing close to that.

I've tried watching multiple Thorn games and a Sky Blue game. The quality of play is too low. Without nationalism, most womens's soccer games are unwatchable outside of the top nations.

Like, I don't give a hoot one way or the other if the NWSL is successful or not. I just won't feel sorry for them when their existence is owed to USSF, and it's in their best interests to try to get as much money/exposure from it as possible. So if your promotion theory were in any way viable, they'd do it. Otoh, NWSL had no sponsor for 2015 That nobody has bought in is sad.
>>
>>66920291
>if players want to make more money, play in good leagues
How does the NWSL get good? Same way the NASL gets good. More players, more support, better product.

>NWSL had no sponsor, nobody bought in
And yet they expanded. Weird.
>>
nth for Yanks need better chants at their games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icSAr94WeLw
>>
File: mls-primary_.png (82 KB, 1000x1052) Image search: [Google]
mls-primary_.png
82 KB, 1000x1052
IT'S A HARD KNOCK LIFE
FOR US
>>
File: cok.jpg (21 KB, 271x295) Image search: [Google]
cok.jpg
21 KB, 271x295
this is a cheeky edit surely?
>>
File: 1450557877146.jpg (67 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
1450557877146.jpg
67 KB, 452x452
>>66920725
>Futbol
>>
>>66920189
Bruh if I needed an excuse to get drunk I'll watch some other sport.
>>
>Women's sports
Come on guys what are you doing?
>>
>>66920725
Ayup.
>>
>incoherent rage
>>
Who fuck is actually going to USL games? Like are they buying swag thinking they MIGHT get promoted down the line?

They realize this is America, right?
>>
File: 3586204.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3586204.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>66921543
>implying the sport matters

Mothercuckers watch GOLF and get drunk, drinking is its own separate animal.
>>
>>66922527
Maybe they just like supporting their local team?
>>
>>66922527
I used to go to City Islanders games way back before I moved to Philly. I bought a scarf just to throw into the collection.
>>
>>66920189
>It's a quality product
KEK
>>
>it's a too many sleeps until a us based game day

Hate these 2bh
>>
>>66920725
That's the real name m8
>>
File: IqbpHH9.png (54 KB, 648x309) Image search: [Google]
IqbpHH9.png
54 KB, 648x309
>>66922749
Daily reminder
>>
>>66923284
trb mate. How's your MLELS club doing? Have you done the US Pyramid mod yet? Vancouver, DC and the Revs got relegated in mine and Colorado is a solid midtable team in my save..
>>
>>66923334
>buy Austism Manager for the first time in forever
>load up Philadelphia save
>Tumblrs 1st 27 games into the season
>WE are 2nd in MLS
>ROBBIE FINDLEY is my leading scorer
>Blake giving up 1 goal a game
>Ronaldinho plays for Chicago
>spending 1 million under the cap
>Marquez has 1 goal and its a 25 yard chip

it's like Football Manager knows MLS is a meme
>>
>>66923468
>Ronaldinho plays for Chicago

that would be comedy gold
>>
File: C2DQCzp.png (209 KB, 1151x762) Image search: [Google]
C2DQCzp.png
209 KB, 1151x762
>>66923468
It's like they actually watch the league
>>
>>66923591
>tfw all the stars of the USMNT 20 years from now are chicanos
>>
>>66923334
Completely worth the 25 million I paid for him.
>>
>>66922552
Then that's the deal with NWSL
>>
>>66923639
Is this /v/? Wat the fak, famn.
>>
>>66917829
>still no Milwaukee team
Just senpai my shit up senpai
>>
File: SoonGround8.jpg (69 KB, 980x620) Image search: [Google]
SoonGround8.jpg
69 KB, 980x620
>Soon: 360 VIEWS OF TRAINING GROUND EDITION
http://atlutd.com/360-2/

http://atlutd.com/atlanta-united-showcases-world-class-training-ground/

>Soon
>>
File: 220px-Austin_Aztex.png (67 KB, 220x248) Image search: [Google]
220px-Austin_Aztex.png
67 KB, 220x248
>SOON
>>
>>66923828
>>66923828
Trollball is genuinely /sp/ friendo
>>
>>66923852
>no Milwaukee team
It is not MLS's fault that you're fat
>>
>>66923859
>austin arizona texas
>>
File: SoonGround6.jpg (68 KB, 980x620) Image search: [Google]
SoonGround6.jpg
68 KB, 980x620
>>66923853
>Soon: more renderings here edition

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/pro-sports/atlanta-united-shares-plan-for-world-class-trainin/nq68S/

>Soon
>>
File: aces stadium soccer.jpg (375 KB, 950x508) Image search: [Google]
aces stadium soccer.jpg
375 KB, 950x508
>soon: playing on a baseball field edition
>>
>>66923859
Bummer they had to miss this season though
>>
>>66923901
Education was never TX's strong suit
>>
>>66923975
dafuq was up with that? stadium issues?
>>
>>66923875
What the fuck is this supposed to mean? I'm not going to travel 80 miles to Chicago to watch some hoofball.
>>
>>66920317
If the USSF thinks the NWSL is a good investment, they'll give them more money. They probably don't, so the onus will be on investors and MLS clubs to put THEIR money on the line.

> League has embarrassing marketing problem that contributes to its continuing financial woes
> They expanded so they're fine

Oh, okay. Sure then.

> How does the NWSL get better? Give it more money

Yes. But the USSF clearly won't be the ones to do that. If they survive and thrive, that's great, but the USSF is under no obligation to hand-hold them moreso than they already have been doing (as in more monetary support than MLS ever got) for years already. And they plan on doing so in the future it seems. We'll see if the owners have enough patience for losses.
>>
File: fuq.jpg (18 KB, 480x578) Image search: [Google]
fuq.jpg
18 KB, 480x578
>>66924404
>what u meen
I meant Wisconsin an entity, not you specifically.

You can't have 300 lb. forward, though I guess I can see the usefulness of a goalie that large.
>>
>>66923906
Those chairs look cheap. But hey, I'll probably never go there, so whatever.
>>
>>66924497
The way around that is for more fans to show up. And that won't happen if there are too many white dudes complaining that the women are somehow inferior because the league isn't automatically as good as the men's / as established as the NFL.

Fucking go to games. I didn't even want to attend MLS but I got dragged by friends and they gave me a scarf and a beer and I don't even remember what happened but I had a great time. Same is possible for any league in OP post.
>>
>>66924585
Maybe he meant world class for Atlanta.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 749x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 749x351
>>66917809
>>
>>66924849
>ohsnap.webm
>>
File: reno-usl.png (17 KB, 278x240) Image search: [Google]
reno-usl.png
17 KB, 278x240
>SOON... ish
>>
>>66918262
>>66918304
Am I missing something here, Isn't Montreal on top of the Eastern Division?
>>
>>66925006
That's a screenshot from a video game, my man
>>
>>66925006
>>66925028
>when /v/ and /sp/ collide
>>
>>66924292
Yeah I forget why though. I think its getting renovated.
>>
File: 9pKfgre.png (156 KB, 851x570) Image search: [Google]
9pKfgre.png
156 KB, 851x570
>>66925028
Best screenshot hands down
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 512x288
>>66924886
>they don't hire dirty players
>>
>>66925129
>Austin renovations
Good for them? I figured all ATX's money would be going to the Longhorns so well done.
>>
>>66925139
>Grabavoy
>Dirty
He's just an MLS 1.0 guy trying to get his pension
Leave Old Ned alone.
>>
>>66924932
That field better be comfy like Tampa Bay....
>>
>>66925139
>Portlel
I would argue he was high has fuck and was thinking about mustache wax.
>>
>>66924593
No no no, you don't get to whine that people won't show up to an inferior product because of "muh misoginy". WNBA games don't draw fans in either (http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/sideline/2015-wnba-season-sees-lowest-fan-attendance-league-history). They have the same problem as the NWSL, namely that there is a superior product out there that happens to be played by the men.

CBB outdraws the WNBA. Superior positioning of stadiums, and superior marketing, possibly superior product (I've never heard of pro WNBA teams playing college teams, who knows).

Triple-A and other pro minor league teams don't get the fans of a MLB franchise. Why? Worse product, don't have big, marketable players.

There are loads of professional leagues that don't get attendance. I'm under no obligation to have to care. To have to show up to watch an inferior product just because other products are doing better.

The fact is, the soccer fanbase in the USA is attracted to two things. Quality of play, and name recognition. That's why Euro teams with no connection to the US are able to draw huge crowds, and make large amounts of money in the US.

Unlike more established sports, there's not as much "place" recognition (as in rooting for a team because it's local). So the above two are the only things that put butts in seats.

NWSL doesn't accomplish enough of either to make me (or most) want to watch.

Back to Tumblr with your "all dese white dudes". Oregon and Washington have the highest concentrations of "too many white dudes" in the country. Yet 2 NWSL teams are there.
>>
>>66925155
I just looked it up, they were playing at a High School so they couldn't sell beer.

They had good attendance though so it would be a shame to lose them.
>>
>>66925223
Beer can drastically increase gameday revenue. That's a shrewd move.
>>
>>66925231
Yeah they were on the lower end of USL when it came to revenue because of that.
>>
>>66922527
USL is great, check your privilege.
>>
>>66922527
Two USL teams have gotten "Promoted"
Also half of the time the MLS club's II team plays in the same area. It's chill and you can watch the youth players try to do shit. Get autographs for later etc.
>>
>>66925397
Which ones? Sac Republic and OCSC?
>>
>>66925789
There's been more than 2
Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, Montreal (although they spent a season in the NASL), and Orlando
>>
>>66925789
OC, Caps Tumblrs and I think the sounders were all USL
>>
>>66925364
>check your priviledge
>Sacramento actually thinks MLS is in their future

Cute.
>>
>>66925397
>number of NASL teams "promoted" vs USL clubs promoted
>>
>>66925997
>the number of wins the NASL had over the USL last year vs. The number of wins the USL had over the NASL
>>
>tfwrevsfan ;_;
>>
>>66926201
Boston stadium FUCKING NEVER

If Kraft didn't help bankroll the league back in the day he would've been forced to sell by now.
>>
>>66925194
>possibly superior product

Definitely a superior product.

I'm hoping this is the right webm, I have too many meming about rocket league
>>
>>66926377
>That thread where someone said Lebron would put up a Quadruple Triple in the WNBA
>>
>>66918005
PRO does the ref assignments for MLS, NASL, USL, and NWSL
>>
>>66925397
Keeping the 2/II teams in town is dumb, nobody goes to the games
Seattle and Portland were the only reserve teams to post decent attendances last season, and only because they're both fucking crazy for soccer
>>
>>66926512
and apparently the Real Monarchs, but their average got a huge boost from a single game last year where they got 14K fans somehow.....was it a double-header with RSL?
>>
>>66926574
That and they got to see someone almost die a few weeks back
>>
>>66926634
That was fucking crazy
We (STLFC) were at a watch party for that game, and the YouTube stream was constantly buffering, so we hopped directly from an impending throw-in, to a shot of the guy on the ground, teammates surrounding him, then another pause before suddenly players on BOTH teams are helping the paramedics rush the stretcher across the pitch

Announcers didn't have a clue what happened either, so it wasn't until a considerable amount of time afterwards that news trickled in via Twitter that he'd had a goddamn seizure on the field
>>
>>66926512
Eh, maybe. The 2 sides are youth teams, so it makes some sense.
>>
>>66926634
Go on...
>>
>>66926512
Agreed. The 2 teams should be in smaller cities.
>>
>>66926896
If St. Louis gets an MLS team, will that fill the hole of the Rams leaving? Could they pull a good crowd?
>>
>>66926985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3n4GRt6UBE
skip ahead to 45:30
>>
>>66927054
St.Louis is still a baseball town, but I could see them bringing in about 25,000 a match
>>
>>66927054
not a like-for-like exchange, especially since they play in different seasons
Soccer Park sold out for the home opener this past weekend (announced attendance just shy of 5600), I'd say we could reliably pull good crowds for MLS
>>
>>66927101
when I hear people talking about the stadium we'll need to build, I keep hearing 18K or 19K
bullshit, this thing needs to be more like Red Bull or Stubhub: 24000 MINIMUM
>>
File: panic 2.gif (811 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
panic 2.gif
811 KB, 500x268
>>66927366
>>mfw I forgot to put my trip back on after visiting a different board
>>
>>66927366
I think people are trying to avoid the empty stadiums.

Red Bull Arena sometimes doesn't sell out. And nobody wants to look like Gillette.

I get depressed going to Gillette because I know there is like 13K people there, but it looks fucking empty.
>>
>>66927413
Red bull arena only sells out when they play el plastico
>>
>>66927054
Don't jump on me for bringing up this city, but Seattle started their MLS team right after the Sonics left. Huge attendance spike that continues to this day.
>>
>>66927413
that's the other end of the argument, "why don't they just play at the dome"
A) because there's no way they'll sell out all 65,000 seats, and that looks dumb
B) because the field isn't big enough
>>
>>66927413
>>66927497
Seattle blocked out upper-deck seats for the first couple years, so the stadium looked full (and also they could jack up pricing for lower-deck seats). Once those started selling out regularly, they opened the top decks.
>>
>>66927555
They still tarp up the upper deck for most games other than Cascadia matchups and >lags
>>
>>66927457
Have they tried giving away free Red Bull?
>>
>>66927731
I'd go for free red bull tbqh
>>
>>66927864
Same famm
>>
File: becks.jpg (19 KB, 320x321) Image search: [Google]
becks.jpg
19 KB, 320x321
>SOON
>>
File: YFntVLH.png (120 KB, 854x606) Image search: [Google]
YFntVLH.png
120 KB, 854x606
O I am laffin
>>
File: Yeahhhhh.jpg (7 KB, 239x222) Image search: [Google]
Yeahhhhh.jpg
7 KB, 239x222
>>66928807
>new head coach
Do you think he'll make..............

..... an Impact?
>>
>>66929398
Nah, but when they get 7-1'd by Chicago, they'll just surrender like the frogs they are
>>
File: soonders.jpg (54 KB, 610x467) Image search: [Google]
soonders.jpg
54 KB, 610x467
>rebuilding in 2016

Gonna have a hardcore 2017, FIFAM
>>
>>66929683
>He thinks firing the coach will improve the team
>>
>>66929683
>preseason "this is our year bros"
>lose martins and memeis exposed "w-we're just rebuilding"
>>
>>66929683
>SOONders
>>
>>66929802
More like Soundnevers.
>>
File: MLSPyramid.png (80 KB, 370x523) Image search: [Google]
MLSPyramid.png
80 KB, 370x523
When you take the cap off of MLS things get interesting. Also Kroenke sabotaged Colorado.
>>
>>66930399
>Man City C on top

Jesus Christ how horrifying.
>>
>>66930466
>The club that has millions in oil money and buys a shitload of players including bargain Hazard is on top of the American Meme league
Whoda thunk it
>>
>>66929758
>no playoffs
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>66930399
Doesn't Seattle have a good amount of money? I figured they would be at least in the top 6.
>>
>>66930399
>>Kroenke sabotaged Colorado
To the surprise of absolutely nobody
>>
>>66930677
How is that faggot still allowed to own sports teams? Everything he touches turns to shit.
>>
>>66930697
Because, naive anon, sports are really only about money
>>
>>66930722
This, unfortunately
>>
>>66930399
Also
>>two of the three teams who made the jump from NASL are Canadian
lolwut
>>
>>66930672
They're a "Muh Youth development" team.
And Morris is the same amount of meme he is in real life
>>
>>66930779
If it makes you feel better Hongcouver got relegated. So it's only net1
>>
>>66930757
>unfortunately
Why?
If it wasn't it would be completely pointless
>>
>>66930817
welcome to the thread Mr Kroenke
>>
File: muh internationals.png (195 KB, 1156x609) Image search: [Google]
muh internationals.png
195 KB, 1156x609
Also, that summer window fucks a lot of the teams up.
>>
>>66930961
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO NYCFC
>>
>>66930998
Oil Money + Thorgan Hazard
Barca fucked me on a Munir Deal though. 27 mil that can go up to 45.
Also have the next American Meme in the youth academy.
All-in-all I've given those hooligans something to give a crud about.
>>
>>66931047
Also, hilariously enough, the team is owned and Operated by Ferran Soriano.
>>
>>66927731
Surprisingly they've only done it once I think.
>>
>>66930961
>Miazga
>NYCFC
You cheeky cunt you.
>>
>>66931207
Almost bought Kemar. But Miazga hoofs are great when you have good WBs
>>
File: wongers.png (36 KB, 723x191) Image search: [Google]
wongers.png
36 KB, 723x191
It's also remarkable how former RBNY staff and players don't want to go to RBNY
>>
Also, for all the fucking good I've done for the league and team I still lose coach of the year to to FUCKING JIM CURTAIN OF THE 9TH PLACE UNION
>>
>>66930672
>money
They do okay, perhaps this is related to poor management decisions?
>>
>>66930697
>allowed
When you have that much money, you can do wahtever you want and literally no one can stop you.

Like, say, if you wanted to run for President even though you had no experience outside the hotel business. For example.
>>
>>66930805
... huh?

Vancouver Whitecaps are still very much in MLS, or did I miss something.
>>
>>66931487
That has more to do with the weakness of the Republican party and how right wing politics are in this country currently.

Although yes you are right, money can get you pretty far in politics.
>>
>>66931510
Read the comment chain
>>
>>66931167
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE
>>
How do we fix Red Bulls attendance?

Hardmode: No renaming or relocating.
>>
>>66931523
I was taking a passive-aggressive shot, but really if you have a billion dollars, normal rules do not apply to you. You can buy any car, you can fuck any person, you can pass any law, and I suspect, kill any of the uppity poors who annoy you.

If you're a sports owner who happens to be fucktarded, the only people who can stop you are the other 29 in the league with you, and they'll allow it as long as profits are good. Exhibit A: Donald Sterling.
>>
>>66931651
Is there a way to stop New Yorkers from being faggots?
>>
>>66931651
Win games.
>>
>>66931688
No
>>
>>66931733
Welp, sorry Red Bulls.
Maybe try getting an MLSc Up?
>>
>>66930399
>no New England

;_;
>>
>>66932089
>implying you actually represent all of New England

That's cute.
>>
>>66931651
At least fucking rename.

Brooklyn Celtic SC

Fuckin replace NYRB with the Cosmos.

Anything but Pink Cows FC
>>
>>66932089
They're apparantly Hull City.83 points in D2 33 games in..
>>
>>66932116
>New England Revolution
>not representing New England

Who else is there? Vermont Voltage? Seacoast United?
>>
File: SoonGroundAir.jpg (113 KB, 1280x678) Image search: [Google]
SoonGroundAir.jpg
113 KB, 1280x678
>Soon
>>
File: TheChampionship.png (88 KB, 379x544) Image search: [Google]
TheChampionship.png
88 KB, 379x544
Okay lads, who bottles the playoffs?
My bet is on the >Cosmos
>>
>>66932266
LGTSS
>>Toronto Lynx
>>
>>66932335
Never really paid attention to d2. Holy shit I didn't realize they're that bad.
>>
>>66932266
>Toronto Lynx

>0W 0D 34L
>0 points
>>
>>66932376
I'd never heard of them before, they're a PDL team ("4th" division)
>>
>>66932441
They won promotion playoffs to get to d2. Holy shit my sides
>>
>>66932392
You forgot
>-86 goal difference
>>
Anybody got the pic with all the teams and what championships/cups/supporters shields they've won?
>>
>>66932266
Where is Inland Empire United?
>>
File: EalesUEFATrophy.Soon.alac.txt.jpg (38 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
EalesUEFATrophy.Soon.alac.txt.jpg
38 KB, 599x337
>>66932517
>Soon
>>
>>66932575
Bottom of the /MLS/ fantasy league desu
>>
>>66932119
Merge the Cosmos and Redbulls, problem solved

Cosmos name redbull sponsor play at red bull arena
>>
>>66932645
not a bad idea
>>
File: NY.jpg (35 KB, 490x357) Image search: [Google]
NY.jpg
35 KB, 490x357
>>66932645
>New York Taurus
>>
>>66932756
Actually not a bad fuckin name.

Someone send this shit to Garber
>>
>>66932266
>decide to look up Toronto Lynx
>the beat 1860 Munich in 2002 in a friendly
>1860 was a mid-table team in the Bundesliga at the time

Fucking. What.
>>
File: yc99yyv52ksnjqpexgvc.gif (1 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
yc99yyv52ksnjqpexgvc.gif
1 MB, 288x288
>>66933191
>>
>>66933191
Someone needs to bring them back to glory
>>
File: PVKtIUo.png (88 KB, 848x651) Image search: [Google]
PVKtIUo.png
88 KB, 848x651
Fucking Tampa Bay Roidies murderball killing the next American Hazard/Alexis
>>
File: trophies.png (2 MB, 1584x2941) Image search: [Google]
trophies.png
2 MB, 1584x2941
>>66932517
>>
>>66933541
Could you add the Superliga to the Revs?

pls

;_;
>>
>>66933628
No.
>>
>>66933491
they dont call them the roody poos for nothing
>>
>>66933648
Okay
>>
>>66933541
>there are teams that unironically have more meme shields than MLS Cups.
>>
>>66933993
>meme shield
>implying it's not a meme dinner plate
>>
Sacramento-bro around here somewhere? You ready for this weekend?
>>
>>66933628
Sure. I suppose it's a valid trophy. I may as well add the Miami/Tampa Bay Supporters' Shields to the diagram as well.

>>66933648 isn't me.
>>
File: 86.png (86 KB, 378x524) Image search: [Google]
86.png
86 KB, 378x524
Will MLS have 2 OKC teams?
Will Sacramento hold off Rayo and fight for their promotion?
Most importantly: Will the Lynx reach -100 GD?
>>
>>66935243
Carolina RailHawks get put in the relegation zone

Toronto Lynx get one draw. 1 Point.

Calling it now.
>>
>>66935243
Mid-Atlantic teams confirmed for shit at soccer
>>
>>66935243
Is this the T2 league?
>>
>>66931651
Easy: Rename and Win games and get the Cup

Hard: Get the Cup.

To do both, team either changes tactics or spends money bringing in new players. Both NY teams suck this season so far
>>
>>66935608
Yeah. D3 is literally Wilmington, Rochester and a bunch of obscure canadian teams
>>
File: trophies_new.png (466 KB, 721x1201) Image search: [Google]
trophies_new.png
466 KB, 721x1201
>>66934370
>>66933628
fixed the positioning and layout a bit
added revs superliga
added fusion/mutiny SS's
>>
>>66932212
Boston Baked Beans FC
>>
>>66935713
W-what happen to STLFC ;_;
>>
>>66932802
>switching from a shitty energy drink to a shitty Ford couple
Whatevs FIFAm
>>
>>66935243
>MLS having teams in both OKC and Seattle

The banter would be fucking European-Tier
>>
>>66936953
They're in 3rd D. They went on a great USOC run before losing to NYCFC in the semis.

>>66937015
>You will never see OKC Energy get promoted and the Sounders get relegated
Feels Badman
>>
>>66937047
That's good to hear
>>
File: weew.jpg (187 KB, 876x599) Image search: [Google]
weew.jpg
187 KB, 876x599
>>66923295
that's a shame
>>
>we live in a world where people unironically say pink cows
>>
>>66937489
who are you quoting?
>>
>>66937640
robert kennedy
>>
>>66935243
Dude you need a logo pack. I think the TCM megapack has all American teams down to NPSL.
>>
File: pinkcows.png (192 KB, 882x882) Image search: [Google]
pinkcows.png
192 KB, 882x882
>>66937489
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 113

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.