[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unofficial NFL rules:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: nfl.jpg (72 KB, 590x295) Image search: [Google]
nfl.jpg
72 KB, 590x295
>If you're born in a city with a team......that is your team.
>>
Born in Iceland. What now?
>>
>>66900080
Where do you live?
If that city has a team, it's yours.
If it doesn't, the nearest team is yours.
>>
>>66900080
You don't have a team.
>>
what if that team moves to the other side of the country?
>>
>>66900080
Vikings
>>
>>66900114
Still your team.
>>
>>66900066
>if you are related to the Cleveland Browns in any way, you make stupid decisions
>>
>>66900115

Fuck. How about closest geographical team closest? Would that be Pats or Jest?
>>
San Francisco checking in
>>
>>66900109

Live in Idaho, hate insufferable 12's and DonkeyCunt fans. I'll stick with my Pats. Since 1993.
>>
>>66900109

Disagree. If you have no team in your city then you should be able to choose whomever you want. It's only fair to make up for fates cruel game
>>
>>66900142
probably one of the New York teams because I think they're closer to the coast than the Pats
>>
File: TomBrady.jpg (78 KB, 646x800) Image search: [Google]
TomBrady.jpg
78 KB, 646x800
>>66900066

>get born in suburb of houston

Thank god I don't have to cheer for the Texans then. Go Patriots!
>>
>>66900066
Every team that people pick to look smart in the offseason never does anything

Source: 2014 Bears, 2015 Colts
>>
>>66900066
The only exception is if your Dad is a fan of the team he grew up with and then your family moved before you were born or aware of sports.

Or your Mom's team if she likes sports and your Dad doesn't like sports because he's more of a woman than you Mom is.

Dad's team > Local team

If the local team is your family's team and you can afford to go to games somewhat regularly > anything else.
>>
>>66900235
>Dad's team > Local team
No.
Birth city = NFL team
>>
>>66900188
Then nothing's stopping people bandwagoning and supporting a new team every year.
Closest team to where you were born is your team.
If you're an immigrant, closest team to where you first lived.
>>
>>66900066
but what if that's in conflict with the
>if you go to a game with your dad.....that is your team
rule?
>>
>>66900263
There are exceptions you aren't considering.

There are a lot of military families that bounce around because of orders and you get no regard for aspects in your life like where you are born or currently live. My fried Ethan is from a family of Eagles fans since the 40's that would have been born in Philadelphia if his dad wasn't a Marine. He was born in South Carolina. He's an Eagles fan.
>>
>>66900146
After the move to Santa Clara, you're now a Raiders fan. Congratulations.
>>
>>66900348
Birth city = NFL team
>>
>>66900235
This. I grew up in a military family and in the numerous places I've lived in, I've never lived anywhere close to an NFL team. I'm not going to go from being an Oilers fan to a Cowboys fan to a Jaguars fan back to a Cowboys fan to a Seahawks fan to a Saints fan to a 49ers (?) fan back to a Seahawks fan just to appease /sp/'s autism about hometown teams.
>>
>>66900411
You don't need a make believe rule to prove your aren't a bandwagon fan of whatever team you bandwagon.
>>
>>66900522
Birth city = NFL team
>>
>>66900522
He is not trying to justify his bandwagoning, he is trying to justify why he still follows a bad team that has clearly demonstrated it has no future. I'd wager a guess and say he supports the Browns.
>>
>born in New Jersey
Always loved the Giants
>>
>>66900666
>Born in Chicago
>Play Tecmo Super Bowl as a kid
>Didn't want to play as a team that had any players who shared names with any of my friends on the Roster
>Raiders were the first team I played as that met this criteria
>Have been a Raiders fan ever since
Eat shit OP
>>
File: Bowlen.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Bowlen.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>66900066
>Born in Phoenix, cardilels didn't exist (in AZ form)
>Bandwaggon the buncos because my mom and her side of the family was from Denver and muh Elway
>Now I live in Denver

YOU CANT STOP ME
>>
>>66900066
What if I'm not american?
>>
>>66900128
Wrong
>>
>>66901248
Butthurt St Louisfag detected.
>>
File: RqkS1UO.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
RqkS1UO.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>If you live or were born in Southern California you may support any NFL team except the Chargers
>>
>grew up in Northern California
>parents are both born and bred Wisconsinites
>I watched the Packers every Sunday as a kid
>lifelong Packers fan

If you purposely choose not to root for the team the rest of your family supports then you're a faggot in my opinion. I don't remember a Sunday in the fall as a kid where the Packers weren't on TV. My religious parents would skip church in the fall in order to watch the Packers
>>
File: EEF9jcl.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
EEF9jcl.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>live in jersey
>have two teams that play in my state
>Eagles and Bills nearby
>root for Seahawks

Who /devilish/ here?
>>
>Born in Washington, moved between Seattle and San Francisco during childhood and teen years
>Mothers side of family Seahawks fans, fathers side 49'ers, same for baseball teams
>Fan of both Hawks & 9'ers until division realignment
>Chose Seahawks but don't hate the 9'ers like the other fans
>Instead, fuck the Rams. Never liked them. Now they're in Los Angeles where the Dodgers are and fuck the Dodgers.
>Fuck the Rams.

Fuck Los Angeles
>>
What about us Jolly Foreigners? Who do we pick?

>Implying I'm using the nfl website to choose for me
>>
If I cheer for black players to score, does that make me a cuck?
>>
>>66900066

The team you root for shouldn't be an accident.
>>
>>66902880
>>Born in Rochester, NY, a little over an hour from Buffalo
>>Hated football growing up, all the rich douchebags played it and loved the Bills
>>Everyone mad when the Pats won in 2001
>>A Patriot mascot winning after 9/11
>>Underdog winners

I unashamedly started rooting for them after that first Owl. Am I devilish?
>>
>>66906985
Britain is easy. You guys get the Jsags
>>
>>66900728
faggot
>>
My dad's a Bills fan yet I was born and raised in Miami so I'm a Dolphins fan.
I can't stand the younger generation in South Florida that clings to New York teams because their dads are from there. Dadists are scum.
>>
>>66900728
autism
>>
>>66907592
no you're a bandwagoning autist
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.