[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a yellow card for a dive? Or a penalty? Or neither?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 14
File: vardy-leicester-city-card.webm (1 MB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
vardy-leicester-city-card.webm
1 MB, 640x368
Is this a yellow card for a dive? Or a penalty? Or neither?

I think it's a penalty. The defender pulls the striker towards him by his arm to slow him down. You can't do that.
>>
>>66898240
I think it's a dive and the ref made the correct decision.

Vardy's first yellow was soft as fuck though.
>>
It's a clear dive, either you want diving to be properly punished or admit you only want it called when it favors the result you want like the majority of the hypocrites who post here
>>
File: lena (3).jpg (82 KB, 440x594) Image search: [Google]
lena (3).jpg
82 KB, 440x594
>>66898240
>far from the defender
>shove his body against him
>trips
it's a dive
>>
Ogbonna initiates contact with the pull, then Vardy dives
it's neither
>>
It was the only correct decision the ref made all game.
>>
>>66898311
So you think defenders should be able to grab the upper arms of strikers to slow them down? Billshit. The foul was before Vardy went to the floor.
>>
I don't think you can deinitively say it's a dive with the way they came together. However in that situation the referee has no choice but to call a pen or a dive and it was never a pen.
>>
>>66898433
This.
>>
Yeah he milked it.

Regardless there was contact with arm and hip.

Probably should've just been waved away and played on. Not a penalty but a second yellow was extremely harsh.
>>
it's so clearly a dive

but it doesn't fit in with people's fairytale muh plucky budget team script for leicester, so a lot of people will say unfair

vardy could have cut across the front of ogbonna if he wanted the pen that bad, he definitely has the pace. instead he felt the arm on his shoulder and threw his legs into ogbonna's, it's simulation

if he'd gone down a little bit less theatrically, maybe stumbled a bit first and then gone down, or like I said before, cut in front of the defender, there would be much less of a debate
>>
I think I would just let the game play on desu
>>
>>66898380

no

vardy should have fallen when he got pulled on, not try and force a fall by tangling his legs with the defenders

he oversold it and thus made it obvious
>>
it may have been a dive but the ref didnt have to send him off, there was still contact from the defender
>>
>>66898240
its a 'two faggots collide' episode

Play on
>>
Definite dive

Love the look on vardys face before he turns and realises he's been caught out
>>
If you dont think its a dive you dont know anything about football
>>
It was a dive. Vardy's first yellow was not a yellow imo. There should have been a penalty to Lestah in the box and the last pen shouldn't have been a pen at all.

I don't think these semen slurping refs are for me
>>
I legit can't believe so many people are defending the defender grabbing the striker by the arm.

How Vardy fell is completely irrelevant. You can't hold strikers by the arm from behind to slow them down to prevent a goal-scoring opportunity.

If he'd grabbed his shirt rather than the entire fucking limb then nobody would be saying anything different.
>>
>>66898240
It should have been neither a penalty or a dive
>>
File: 1460902396466.webm (877 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
1460902396466.webm
877 KB, 640x356
and this guy threw himself into morgan
>>
it's not a dive clearly because he gets kneed in the back of the leg and the defender has his hands on him. If he tries to sell it like he did then the ref can say he's looking for it a bit too much or not enough contact and wave play on like every other borderline incident.

A dive is when there's no contact and you fall over, not a dive. Maybe a pen
>>
>>66898594

this basically

vardy's first yellow was incredibly soft and should never have been given

west ham should have had a penalty right before leicesters first goal

the challenge on huth towards the end was much more worthy of a penalty than either the one on reid or the one on schlupp

the referee made a horrible mess of this game and should be held accountable
>>
Hahah, diver getting what he deserves.
>>
neither

>>66898650
also neither
>>
>>66898659
>A dive is when there's no contact and you fall over, not a dive
This, everyone knowledgeable about the sport is saying the same thing
>>
File: 1460901229508.jpg (53 KB, 643x368) Image search: [Google]
1460901229508.jpg
53 KB, 643x368
>>66898240
He is getting pulled, tripped his leg into defender, and looks like dive
>>
>>66898659
he moves his body into the defender to get contact, fails and throws himself forward.. clear yellow

>>66898650
this is a dive too, but the holding was so much before... Ideally a pen but still a yellow for reid
>>
>>66898240
Vardy tripped the defender, harsh yellow, FK for West Ham
>>
>>66898603
Because defenders can contest, otherwise any contact in the box should always be a pen
>>
The defender clearly fouls him by grabbing his arm from behind because he can't keep up the striker.

Are you people blind?
>>
>>66898715
Fuck off with this picture, he's wrapped his legs around the defender and thrown himself on to the pitch
>>
Clearly a dive, just like Jeff "huge faggot" Schlupp diving at the end. Leicester having to rely on refball, fucking pieces of shit
>>
File: Premier.jpg (109 KB, 580x206) Image search: [Google]
Premier.jpg
109 KB, 580x206
>>
If you're getting pulled back by the arm (a foul anywhere else on the pitch) what else would you do aside from get your body in front, by putting your leg in front?

His only crime was exaggeration, which you need to even get a call these days.
>>
YELLOW CARD ALL DAY FROM THAT ANGLE
>>
>>66898725
This, he blatantly dives
>>
>>66898735
>Defenders can contest
What does that even mean?
>>
>>66898799
His crime was simulating contact ya trippa
>>
>>66898746

If Vardy had been pulled backwards and threw his legs into Ogbonna then this might hold some fucking water

Ogbonna's hand is on Vardy's arm, yes, so Vardy obviously starts falling forwards? and his legs fly out from under him? usually what happens when pulled back right?
>>
>>66898799
Its exaggeration if he goes down from the hand on his shoulder, instead he creates a different incident by throwing his legs into the defenders
>>
>>66898754
>this flag
>this comment
>>
>>66898240
I really don't see how people call this a dive. Vardy makes himself big to cover the ball and prevent the attacker from getting to it. They collide and that's it. Not a pen, but it's not a dive either. But yeah you can't expect anything else in this touch-and-die football we have nowadays.
>>
>>66898746

and then vardy makes a meal out of it by blatantly, intentionally tangling his legs with the defender's

if he'd just gone down from the go he'd have probably gotten the penalty and at the very least wouldnt have gotten sent off
>>
>>66898767
>West Ham's penalty was their first away in the Premier Leage since October 2010
>Reff wanted to see the fox down so badly he even gifted Ham a penalty
>>
>>66898841
Except there is contact, you can see it in the video in the OP, he gets grabbed by the arm and pulled back by the defender
>>
>>66898725
>he moves his body into the defender to get contact, fails and throws himself forward.. clear yellow

in part, but there is contact already with the defender's hand on his shoulders. Even going by your standards which I think are wrong, there's contact before this movement so it's not a dive
>>
>>66898836
every defender in the world would put their hand on the attacker's shoulder in that situation.. If you think that's enough for a pen you've probably not played
>>
It's closer to a pen than a dive. But ref should have just said play on if he didn't want to give a pen. It doesn't have to be one or the other
>>
>>66898857
Except he obviously didn't because he awarded them the softest penalty in the history of the sport right in the last minute
>>
>>66898841
There was real contact from a natural movement given the situation. (The situation of course being a defender fouling you by grabbing your arm near the shoulder and pulling.) The worst you could call is a FK for West Ham. A dive is not added flourish at the end after clear contact. It is diving to simulate contact.
>>
even if you were retarded enough to say it wasnt a dive, its actually a foul on the west ham defender

since vardy 'randomly' decides to turn his body and make contact with the defender, tripping him over

foul with no intent to play the ball = yellow card
>>
It was a dive.

I can't figure out why these players do this shit.
>>
>>66898874
also, if you look at the replay from behind he gets kneed in the calf
>>
>>66898917
Good post
>>
>>66898849
That's a free kick for WH then. It still stands that it is a natural motion to get your body in front of the ball when being pulled back. You do that via your legs and hips, as he did. Sometimes I wonder if /sp/ has ever played actual sports.
>>
I like how he moved his foot across, almost making the defender clip him.
Would have got away with that from another angle.
>>
>>66898650
This is the same as Vardy. Feels a hand on him and decides to just jump into the defender and fall down. Also the ball was well over both their heads, so this play had no affect on the game anyway.
>>
>>66898240
>>66898650
Both dives.
>>
When will this "there was contact on his shoulder so it's not a dive" meme end?

Simulation can also be for exaggerating contact.
Or did football become non-contact last night without me realising?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/7.%20law%2012_miscounduct_557.pdf
>>
>>66898891
As opposed to the one Huth should've got for being fucking headlocked and manhandled.
>>
>>66898940
>>>66898849 (You)
>That's a free kick for WH then. It still stands that it is a natural motion to get your body in front of the ball when being pulled back. You do that via your legs and hips, as he did. Sometimes I wonder if /sp/ has ever played actual sports.

Yes, free kick for West ham, yellow for vardy
>>
>its not a dive when its my team
>>
>>66898891

moss just realized he'd fucked the game up horribly and tried to even it out

both penalties were incredibly soft and both teams had much more legitimate calls ignored
>>
>Reff give penalty to Lester to save himself from getting stabbed outside stadium
>>
>>66898917
>a minor foul in the final third would have been a second yellow in a game of this magnitude

This bait is almost as pathetic as the decision tbqh
>>
File: vardy.jpg (57 KB, 574x311) Image search: [Google]
vardy.jpg
57 KB, 574x311
interesting how absolutely no one said this is a dive despite the fact it's the exact same 'unnaturally' running into the player as today's incident.

At best people were saying wave on, this is no different because there is contact, plenty of it
>>
>>66898891
He should be fired immediately. Dox this faggot and give Mauricio his address ;)

My Yids are getting jewed... fuck jon moss
>>
>>66898877
I played football for years (i mean, fuck, tackling from behind was still legal when I played) and you can't pull back strikers like that. Have you ever played any actual sport? It's actually really easy to trip when you're going at full pelt and getting pulled back.

It's the usual idiots saying "UHHH, FOOTBALL IS A CONTACT SUPPORT".
>>
>>66898908
There's not enough contact for him to go down. You're telling me a hand on the shoulder is enough to bring vardy a grown man down? There's a reason what the defender did is ever hardly called inside the box.
>>
a foul that became a dive. Vardy milked it way too much. and also, should not have been a red.

if anyone disagrees with this, they are delusional faggots that can't have honest, neutral opinions.
>>
>>66898980
You're not relevant
>>
>>66898961
here's your (You)
>>66898979
>>
>>66898979
>foul with no intent to play the ball = yellow card

i suggest you stick to your own sports you fat mong
>>
>>66898917
this means that whenever a defender is shielding the ball from going out and does the whole guarding/blocking thing from an oncoming attacker that all the attacker has to do is run into his legs and claim he's being impeded.

If you're first to the ball (as vardy was) you're in control and the person behind has to be careful not the other way round
>>
>>66898917
>foul with no intent to get the ball = yellow
Where the fuck are you getting that from you spastic idiot? That has never ever been a rule and no one has ever said it is. The play, by the way, was free kick for west ham, no yellow. Vardy trips the defender but you cant expect him to stay up with tangled legs can you? He was obviously falling over after commiting a foul which doesnt deserve a yellow since its not a dive. The rules officially state that trying to trick the ref into beleiving he was fouled is a yellow but vardy does the opposite - he was the one doing the contact and the foul
>>
>>66898452
>>66898433
Actually no, he could have not called anything and let the game play.
>>
>>66899010
talking to yourself there celtic?
>>
>>66899004
You do realise it's surprisingly easy to get knocked off balance when you're sprinting, right? He wasn't standing still.
>>
File: VARDYPEN.png (250 KB, 640x333) Image search: [Google]
VARDYPEN.png
250 KB, 640x333
>>66898240
>>66898311

Ogbonna doesn't do it on purpose, but he wraps up Vardys' legs, in what world is that a dive? If it's not a dive then it can only be a pen
>>
>>66899043
>
exactly

what are you 2 mongs talking about

let it be is the right decision
>>
Ref absolutely ruined the second half.
>>
>>66899004
>There's not enough contact for him to go down. You're telling me a hand on the shoulder is enough

Gonna stop reading this post right there, there is clear leg contact whether or not you want to admit it's a natural reaction to have given the pressure. This is the last (You) i'll be giving to the epic contrarians ITT tbqh
>>
>>66899079
>what are you 2 mongs talking about
I am not the italian flag I was quoting.
>>
>>66899073
You're a fucking retard. Vardy wraps his legs around the defender, not the other way around.
>>
>>66899100
Nevermind this post, I am retarded.
>>
He's definitely embellishing the contact, but if he goes down in a less dramatic fashion I might've might've been fooled enough to give him the call. He got handled a bit for sure, jut not enought to throw him spinning into the sun.
>>
>>66899113

>That flag

Just fuck off you coon
>>
>>66898240
That is not a dive. In my opionion Vardy wanted to shield the ball from the defender but he is to small and weak. It's not a yellow. It's a penalty, the defender should be more careful with small people.
>>
>>66899025
>i'll just repeat m-myself

Never a yellow, clear you're more plastic than your average kpop gook, in tears that (bandwagon club) didn't win the league this year. Cheer up chavcuck, you'll get to see your country choke in the Euros as too much pressure is put on talent far too young to handle it.
>>
>>66899137
Scotland pls
>>
>>66899148

> the defender should be more careful with small people.

What a German thing to say these days.
>>
>>66899150
>Burger this mad
Back to your apehoop and handegg containment thread retard
>>
>>66899137
You know I'm right you inbred fuck.
>>
File: 802.jpg (40 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
802.jpg
40 KB, 500x680
He jumps sideways with his legs into the defender.
>>
File: AMERICUNTINBREEDINGSTATS.png (243 KB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
AMERICUNTINBREEDINGSTATS.png
243 KB, 1024x766
>>66899221

Simmer down coonfriend
>>
>>66899240
Perfect image to sum it up
>>
It's a dive and he was right to be punished for it, i have issues with the penalty calls but they evened out in the end.
>>
>its not a dive when its my team
>>
>>66899034
Are you fucking retarded

on what planet is an intentional foul without attempting to play the ball not a yellow

please kill yourself
>>
http://youtu.be/VnX4Dbwj3qQ

Crazy to think this was considered a red card for the defender but Vardy got a yellow for this. Ogbonna played like a reckless idiot today.

To everyone saying he should've gone down because Ogbonna was pulling him back by the arm, that would've been much more unrealistic.
>>
It's a good thing this happened desu, small teams should know that they are not allowed to try to change the status quo
>>
>>66899311
lol, I support my local team which is Derby. I literally couldn't give two shits about Leicester.
>>
>>66899365
>video literally called "Ashley young diving"
>shows Ashley young diving
>>
>>66899365
>that would've been much more unrealistic.
That's the point and why he chose an egregious dive instead.
>>
>>66899358
Can you tell me where exactly the rules state this? Ill make it easy for you, they dont. A caution should be given to a player who has acted with complete disregard to the
danger to, or consequences for, his opponent. Tripping someone up, even if not going for the ball, is not reckless. Its a free kick but its not a yellow
>>
>>66899454
You must be mentally retarded so let me clarify.

The video is uploaded by a Chelsea fan who believed Ashley Young dived. The defender was booked with a red for fouling Ashley Young. This was considered a 60/40 decision at the time.
>>
>>66899485
This highlights the problem with diving; sometimes contact isn't enough for the player to go down but it should still be a penalty. This means players tend to go down as part of their penalty shout.

My opinion is the pulling was a red but the ref shouldn't have sent Vardy off or given a penalty. He should've been more cautious and given a free kick (if foul on Ogbonna), play on, or brought it back for a red (if foul on Vardy).
>>
It's a penalty, Vardy goes down because he is a good player and know that he most of the time the right thing to do. Ref is complete shit.
>>
Both are clearly dives, what an awful sport
>>
>>66899733
I think what Ogbonna did wasn't enough to hamper him sufficiently that play should be stopped in any way.
I'd be fucking furious if something that soft had resulted in a penalty for the team I supported and so would most of those complaining now, maybe that's just my projecting but i don't think so.
>>
>>66899897
I must've had a stroke mid-sentence.

It's a penalty, Vardy goes down because he is a good player, and he knows that it is most of the time the right thing to do. Ref is complete shit.
>>
>>66898240
>>66898650
>but we don't dive in the eplel
That's some UEFAlona diving right there
>>
>>66899377

>lol

Fuck of back to Ilkeston tracksuit faggot.
>>
>>66899958
You mean pk7 diving, you spic bandwagoning fuck
>>
>>66898240
it is both a dive and a pen. ref should've awarded a pen and rightly awarded a yellow.
>>
>>66899148
>inb4 Germans are replaced by Syrian manlets
>>
File: 1378325592497.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1378325592497.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
>>66898980

>arsenal trying to stay relevant

lal
>>
Should have left it for a goal kick, but because it's Jon Moss it wasn't.
>>
File: Kasper-Sshmeichel_1977097a.gif (102 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
Kasper-Sshmeichel_1977097a.gif
102 KB, 460x288
> Jon Moss

Oh look, it's the same ref who sent off Kasper Schmeichel for throwing the ball towards the halfway line after a penalty.
>>
File: OceaniaFootballGoal.webm (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
OceaniaFootballGoal.webm
2 MB, 600x338
>>66900165
what in the fuck are you even talking about?

>OFC countries in charge of football
>>
File: frefeoqp.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
frefeoqp.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
freekick, defenders shouldn't be allowed to try and grab onto shirts
>>
>>66900580
it's a very simple concept but i'm not surprised you don't get it ozifriend
>>
>>66900655
>the ref should've awarded a penalty to a guy who dived, after giving him a red card

t. sheep
>>
He's a diving faggot, holy shit get over It.
>>
File: shh my child.png (1 MB, 594x685) Image search: [Google]
shh my child.png
1 MB, 594x685
>>66898359
this, football is a contact sport. it's a 50-50

faggot ref was probably just looking to make a name for himself
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.