[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what will happen if: >city get knocked out of CL but finish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: wew.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
21 KB, 900x900
what will happen if:
>city get knocked out of CL but finish 4th
>liverpool win the EL and automatically get a spot
will city lose their spot in the CL?
>>
no.
>>
File: 1391333816812.jpg (40 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1391333816812.jpg
40 KB, 400x388
>city win the cl but finish 5th
>liverpool win the EL but finish 6th
>lester will choke and finish 3rd
>mfw
>>
>>66891725
how so? there can only be 4 teams from epl in the CL. isnt that what happened to spurs when chelsea cucked them in 2012?
>>
>>66891752
There can be five places, the 4th place dropout can only happen if city/liverpool win the CL/EL and finish outside the top 4
>>
>>66891752
after they awarded EL winners a spot they extended it to 5 teams per country (like spain had this season)
>>
>>66891750
This would still mean Lester gets CL, you idiot
>>
>>66891750
4th would miss out then.
>>
>>66891750
>>66891849
>>66891861

It'd be much funnier if Man United came 4th in this scenario

>Van Gaal finishes 4th
>Automatic contract extension
>Get thrown out of CL a week
>>
Basically let's say this is the top 4:

Leicester
Spurs
Arselel
United

If Liverpoop win the EL then top 4 + Liverpoop go into the CL.
If City win the CL then top 4 + City go into the CL.
If Liverpoop win the EL and City win the CL top 3 + City + Liverpoop go into the CL.
>>
> City winning the CL

don't hurt yourselves thinking too hard about this
>>
>>66891892
>>Van Gaal finishes 4th
>>Automatic contract extension

Is that true? Not even United's management can be that retarded.
>>
>>66892011

If he finished top 4 they can't justify sacking him. Right now we've become an Arselel team where top 4 is good enough for us and with 1 year left to go on his contract the board would likely let him see it out.
>>
>>66892049
>>66892011

Disregard that, I'm an idiot and didn't seem to understand the extension part. No there will be no contract extension as LVG is retiring.
>>
>>66892011
Yeah I was memeing but this:

>>66892049
Is pretty much what I mean't.

My point is another year of Van Laal would be hilarious, more so if they finished 4th but missed out on the CL due to Liverpool and Man City winning Europe.
>>
File: wut.jpg (4 KB, 282x178) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
4 KB, 282x178
>>66891970
>If Liverpoop win the EL and City win the CL
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.