[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The NBA is changing. For the worse. The game now is so boring.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1460870689425.jpg (65 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460870689425.jpg
65 KB, 720x720
The NBA is changing. For the worse. The game now is so boring. Bring up the ball, jack up the three. Repeat multiple times until you win. NBA is doomed.
>>
>>66886634
You should be more concerned about corporate sponsorship being forced onto uniforms more than players shooting 3's
>>
>>66886634
What about points from free throws to total points stats? Would you prefer gorilla slah playstyle over memechuck playstyle?
>>
it's because of video games
>>
>>66886719
I'm actually not bothered by that, hopefully it would lead to less commercials like it does for soccer, but that's a long shot
>>
>>66886764
>hopefully it would lead to less commercials

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's too funny
>>
>>66886634
>Op not liking three point chuckers.
>>
>>66886634
Just extend the 3 point line further.
Easy.
>>
>being able to shoot the ball more accurately from a farther distance rather than charging your way through 5 human bodies or dribbling and hopping backwards 60 times
>less exciting to watch someone shoot basically a trick shot repeatedly as opposed to an 8 foot tall man dropping a ball through a hoop from a foot away

shiggy diggy
>>
Remove the 3 pt line.
>>
File: 1457425471046.png (107 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1457425471046.png
107 KB, 320x287
people are shooting the ball instead of running into the lane to get fouled?

oh noooooooooooo
>>
Reduce the value of 3s to 2 points after a certain amount of tries (ex 30 attempts per game). Better shooting teams will still get their 3s but can't chuck them all game.
>>
>>66890558

this is why nobody takes canada seriously
>>
Watching guys shoot threes is boring.

Fags trying to convince themselves its entertaining so they can properly dickride Curry
>>
>>66890558
>penalizing a team because they are too good at something

A FUCKING LEAF
>>
who's that cracker?
>>
They should make shots from beyond halfway worth 5 points and shouts from inside your own D worth 10 points.
>>
>>66886634
Why are people surprised by this? Pretty much every single sport is in favor of higher scores these days. Fans want to see a lot of points scored, and not sit through low scoring defensive battles. So the nba, NFL, hockey etc all basically tweak the rules to give offense the clear advantage.
>>
As long as it's still competitive, I don't see the issue. Especially as defenses will start to adjust to teams that go for threes more.
>>
>>66890771
>muh entertainment
Fuck off they're there to win not make some sad ass faggot on a caucasian melanoma treatment blog like them
>>
File: 1451076955199.jpg (68 KB, 582x509) Image search: [Google]
1451076955199.jpg
68 KB, 582x509
>>66886764
>expecting jews to turn down money
>>
>Stop being good at an aspect of the game I don't like!
>>
>>66886634

Yeah free throws and layups were SO much more exciting.
>>
>>66898513
>they're not there to entertain people

That's the whole point of sports you dong
>>
>>66899214
Layups could be exciting. Post up centers blocking the fuck out of people was exciting.

It's nice to see teenage NBA fans defending this weird foul heavy iteration of the game.
>>
>>66890558
I sometimes wonder why America keeps fighting wars with countries across the world and yet doesn't go North to destroy the actual bad guys.
>>
>>66886634
The game is shit because the rules are shit. Even if they turn it into an actual contact sport again you'll see 3 pointers everywhere because they're just worth more. Let it die already.
>>
If you don't find driving for layups and dunks more entertaining than meme chuckery, you are a disgusting casual newfag that doesn't know shit about basketball.
>>
>>66899491

Yeah, because watching the player get fouled and shoot free throws literally every possession is fun to watch.
>>
>>66899647
It's fun when they get called for an offensive foul and whine like a child for not getting a defensive foul called.
>>
>>66886634
>waaaahhh my team can't win by rushing into the paint and flopping for points

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>66886764

it's like saying you expect them to lower the ticket prices because of the new sponsors revenue
>>
You guys didn't watch from 2005-2007 where it was boring ass spurs games, and refs running most of the game. Trust me, this is a blessing.
>>
>>66886634
>implying the nba was ever not boring
>>
Stop crying you faggots. This happens in literally every sport. We're just in a transition period where defenses have yet to adapt. Literally every sport is a strategy arms race.
>>
>>66886634
>the ball i have nostalgia for is the only valid ball
basketball has always been a long ass war of attrition and desu kind of boring to watch
>>
>>66886634
>he doesn't understand how much passing and off the ball movement is done to get a good look
>>
They no longer call illegal screens so nearly every 3 is uncontested
>>
I would 100% genuinely rather watch Steph dribble and shoot than watch lebron flop in the paint every fucking play
>>
>>66886634

It's going to be great when blacks are no longer the majority of basketball players. It's already starting to happen.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.