[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best european football league?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: descarga (14).jpg (14 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
descarga (14).jpg
14 KB, 309x163
Best european football league?
>>
Ligue 1
>>
Premier League is the most memeworthy.
>>
>Portuguese league

Swap that with the rusky league or the turkish one.
>>
Ligue 1
>>
Epl innit
>>
1. La Liga
2. Premier League
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A
*POWER GAP*
5. Ligue 1
6. Liga Sagres
7. Russian Premier League
8. Turkish Super Liga
9. Eredivisie
10. Ukrainian Premier League

Might be slightly wrong about the 7-10 order because I rarely watch them
>>
It's still objectively the PL. BuLi, Serie A and Ligue 1 are ruined by a dominant superclub. La Liga is closest challenger with >muh superstars. But La Liga would be nowhere without blatant refball, diving etc,

Eredivisie should be nowhere near that list, even we as a league have overtaken them.
>>
amerigrandpa here. personally I enjoy
1. Serie A
2. La Liga
if I want to discuss the sport with other people then it has to be about the BPL
and if I want to discuss the sport with someone who only started watching after 2010 then its the Bundesliga
>>
La Liga
The rest are one team mickey mouse leagues or just low quality.
>>
File: 1413149661167.jpg (90 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1413149661167.jpg
90 KB, 720x960
1.BPL
2.Bundes
3.La Liga
>>
EPL.

Spanish only has 2-3 teams in the mix, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are one-team competitions and the Portuguese league is corrupt to the core.
>>
>>66864464
how many teams are in the mix for the EPL?
>>
>>66864426
>1.BPL
>2.Bundes

Neither of these have ever had 5 teams in the CL at the same time though.
>>
BPL tbqh.

-Ligue 1 : 1 team league
-Serie A : 1 team league
-Bundes : 1 (sometimes 2) team league
-Liga : 2 (sometimes 3) team league

BPL is the last league where around 5/6 teams can win the league
>>
>>66864499
literally 7
>>
>>66864523
wew lad
>>
>>66864509

>These two leagues do not hold up to my personal and extremely specific criteria
>>
>>66864170
>turkey
>europe
choose one
>>
File: tipp.jpg (306 KB, 566x848) Image search: [Google]
tipp.jpg
306 KB, 566x848
>I don't rank de eredivisie
>>
I enjoy the BPL most. La Liga matchdays are drawn out as fuck and it kills the suspense.
>>
>>66864201
Poland is objectively correct, at least for the first 6
>>
>>
>>66864558
It's neither personal or specific. It's THE objective measure of how many elite teams a league has.

Also, of the 18 finalists for the FIFA Balon d'Or for the past 6 years, 16 have been from La Liga and 2 from the Bundesliga (no non-La Liga player has finished in the top two during this period).

To recap, La Liga has more elite teams, more elite players and more CL and EL wins over the past few years. Objectively better than those two you posted. You're free to say EPL is your personal favourite or whatever, but there is no way you can argue that it's better.
>>
UKRAINE
K
R
A
I
N
E
>>
>>66864747
When it comes to a selection of elite teams, yes La Liga wins always.
Now compare the league from top to bottom and you have a different story.
>>
>>66864747
If you measure the quality of a league by entertainment value then EPL wins. It has greater parity and is not just a two-horse race.

If you measure by overall quality of teams then EPL still wins. Yes, the "elite" teams are better in La liga, but thats where it ends. The midlevel teams in EPL are better than hteir coutnerparts in Spain, and so are the bottom teams.
>>
>>66864972
>>66864928
>muh parity
>m-muh weak teams...
Accept it the bpl is worse than la liga top to bottom, left to right, in and out.
>>
1. La Liga
*power gap*
2. Bundes
3. B"P"L
4. Serie A
*power gap*
5. Primeira Liga
6. Ligue 1
7. Russian PL
8. Ukrainian PL
9. Eredivisie
*power gap*
10. Turkish SL
11. Jupiter League
12. Greek PL
>>
Liga by a mile

it's not gonna last forever though, i can see a shift of power towards England soon, as long as they start managing their immense tv money properly, following Tottenham example
also hopefully Serie A will come back sooner or later
>>
>>66865051
Explain.
>>
The EPL obviously. I mean, yeah, la liga teams dominate the champions and europa league, but the relegation fodder is better in the EPL and thats all it matters.
>>
>>66865051
Why would I accept a blatantly false statement?

Also greentexting and say "muh" isn't an argument.

I'm not disagreeing that the best of Spain is better than the best of England. That's the only place that is superior though.
>>
The EPL is the strongest. We rate the League. Not just the top 2/3 clubs, so yes, then the EPL is the strongest
>>
>>66865267
This. Spain has far better top teams, but the overall quality of the Premier League is higher
>>
>>66865267
it's not 2/3 clubs
the whole top half is superior
>>
>>66864262
>and if I want to discuss the sport with someone who only started watching after 2010 then its the Bundesliga
Kek so true
>>
>top English teams struggle against their shit midtable bottom table teams
>this somehow means the bottom feeders are good and not that the top teams are just proven shit
keep being a joke in europe
>>
>>66864747
Why would you measure how good a league is purely based on the amount of elite players/teams it has? There are so many other factors that makes a league better than another such as fans, stadiums, rivalries, parity etc.

Yes, the spanish league has been the most successful for some time now but it lacks in everything else compared to EPL and Bundes. La Liga stadiums are ancient and average attendence is much lower than in the other top leagues. It's parity is a joke, according to transfermarkt the clubs in the bottom half of La Liga have a lower total player value than Bundes relegation fodder. Also, where are the rivalries in spanish football? There's Barca vs Real, Real vs Atletico but who else? Maybe Barca vs Espanyol but i don't think anyone cares about this.
>>
>>66865267
Sevilla, 7th in the League is about to play its 3rd consecutive EL final vs Villarreal.
And in the last 3 years, except Madrid vs Juve Spanish teams where only eliminated by other Spanish teams in UCL
>>
In terms of quality, obviously The League.
>>
It takes a Spanish team to eliminate another Spanish team in Europe
/thread
>>
File: ikiru wa.png (92 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
ikiru wa.png
92 KB, 463x469
>>66864262
>1. Serie A
>>
>>66865664
>>66865611
Yes.

Besides Valencia and Sevilla getting knocked out in the CL groups this season

Or Athletic Bilbao in the groups last season

Or Real Sociedad the year before
>>
Can't wait until Leicester is humiliated out of Europe next season
>>
>>66864739
Why do these images never just use the FA logos?
>>
>>66864201
this
but I think premier league is the most entertaining
>>
>>66864064
EPL for sure
>>
>>66865611
Same rule applies to City being 4th (just about) and Liverpool being 8th and still in the EL.

Don't forget Chelsea were in the last 16 and were like 14th in the league or something ridiculous.
>>
>>66865812
ABL is a mental disease.
>>
>I rate European leagues
>>
>>66865758
Manure out in group stage too and is 5th fighting for a spot in UCL while Valencia is fighting for relegation
wew lad

Let's check the last 5 years
>1 (potentially 2) UCL winners vs 2 (potentially 3) UCL winner
>1 (potentially 2) English teams in the UCL final vs 3 (potentially 5) Spanish teams
>3 English teams in UCL semifinals vs 10 Spanish teams
>5 English teams in UCL quarter finals vs 12 Spanish teams
>1 (potentially 2) English EL winner vs 3 (potentially 4) Spanish
>1 (potentially 2) English EL finalist vs 4 (potentially 6) Spanish
>2 English in EL semifinals vs 9 Spanish
>>
BPL is shit. Come on the league is already decided 5 match days before it ends. I'd much rather watch La Liga where there is still a title race.
>>
>>66864509
>he wasn't watching football in 2005
>>
>>66865096
Serie A seems to be bouncing back pretty well at the moment.
>>
>>66866737
>Valencia is fighting for relegation
The circumstances are different in this situation, hiring Gary fucked a lot of shit around. Same reason why no one is mentioning Lesta because the scenario is so absurd.

This is not strawman excuses but English clubs literally put on their B teams in Europa. Liverpool have been an exception because they're righting for nothing in the league.
>>
who calls it the epl anyway? It's so cringy to hear
>>
>>66866922
I don't hear anyone call it the BPL or EPL desu.

Just the PL.
>>
>morons seriously saying premier league
smdh
>>
>>66866944
I just don't get why people try to say epl but not gbl or sll
>>
File: epl.png (57 KB, 426x1019) Image search: [Google]
epl.png
57 KB, 426x1019
>>66866922
>>66866944
It's called EPL to differentiate it from other leagues called Premier League
>>
>>66864972
Entertainment value is subjective, idiot. Get some self-awareness
>>
>>66866998
>Third worlders
>>
>>66866998
Yeah I understand that, especially when talking about other leagues on an international website.
>>
>>66866998
What about Austria?
And isn't the Spanish league technically BBVA or something?
>>
>>66867096
>66867096
BBVA is sponsor like barclays
>>
>some people here really think B"P"L > La Liga

xd
>>
>>66867134
>people will still say bpl next season like idiots
>>
>>66867149
oi m8, I don't think those spaniards could not do it in a rainy night at stokes
>>
File: abl.png (19 KB, 173x555) Image search: [Google]
abl.png
19 KB, 173x555
Clubelo has La Liga at an average level of 1776. EPL at 1710. Bundesliga at 1702. Serie A at 1641.
>>
>>66864064
Logo Poweranking
1. Ligue 1
2. Premier League
3. Serie A
4. Liga NOS
5.Eredivisie
8. La Liga
999.Bundesliga
>>
>>66864310
TOPKEK
>>
>>66866952
Hold kjeft, dere suger like hardt som det vi gjor nå.
>>
>>66866884
This, even tho Milan and inter are shit ATM its nice to see Roma and Napoli performing better and better .
Im still hopeful Milan will turn things around.

>Forza Milan
>>
>>66864509
>But.. but only the teams below the 5th place actually matter
>>
>>66864928
There is no way to really compare the bottom team of different leagues, because they never play each other.
>>
>>66864113
if you paid attention to and had as much media for the other leagues you could say any of them
>>
>>66864064
Europe is shit.

the best soccer in the world, soccer is played in the US and Canada
toda Europa es una mierda.

el mejor soccer del mundo, es el soccer que se juega en estados unidos y canadá
>>
How did we let our league far so slide off? KNVB you fucking shits
>>
>>66865586
Please name some rivalries in the Bundes that anybody who doesn't live in those cities has ever heard of
>>
1.La Liga
2.BPL
3.Serie A
4.BUNDESU
>>
>>66864928
"Barcelona, Atleti, Madrid, etc. are better than Leicester, Arse, Man U, etc."

"B-but Sunderland is better than Getafe"

TOPKEK
>>
>>66870888
>forza Milan

You failed to specify which one
>>
Forgive me if I'm ignorant, but isn't la Liga just a two team league? The Premier league seems like it's full of contenders.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.