[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Russia, Spain, Lithuania, Greece, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Russia, Spain, Lithuania, Greece, Italy, Israel, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Slovenia AND Poland BTFO of Eurobasket 2017 for still in Euroleague and not joining FIBA's Basketball Champions League

ayyyyy lmao what the fuck FIBA you dumbfucks

>spanish link only yet
>http://baloncesto.as.com/baloncesto/2016/04/16/portada/1460758580_988932.html
>>
>France is gonna win both football and basket EC
>>
>>66848489
What's going on, is Eurobasket not a sanctioned event or something?
>>
File: 14607609511667.jpg (220 KB, 815x907) Image search: [Google]
14607609511667.jpg
220 KB, 815x907
FIBA LETTER
>>
File: 14607609512953.jpg (115 KB, 642x592) Image search: [Google]
14607609512953.jpg
115 KB, 642x592
>>66848685

PART 2
>>
>>66848489
Who can be interested in a league without baltics, Rusia, Italy and Spain?
>>
>Eurobasket is now literally francewinslol
>>
Gz, France, you deserve the win.

On a completely unrelated note, anyone wanna make our own basketball association, this time with blackjack, hookers and no bullshit?
>>
Guess it's time to bring back URSS, Yugoslavia and all the family to have a TiranyBowl with pre1978 Spain.

France will still be able to lose their custom made Eurocuck.
>>
literally nobody would watch the tournament without those teams
>>
What kind of Eurobasket do you want senpai?
>>
>>66848489
Only France is missing... Who is going to be the next champion, my bet is on Andorra?!
>>
English Source

>http://www.mvp247.com/2016/04/fiba-euroleague-bans/
>>
This kills euro basketball
>>
>Banning the hosts from their own tournament
Bold move
>>
File: WQHwuHw.jpg (7 KB, 172x225) Image search: [Google]
WQHwuHw.jpg
7 KB, 172x225
>Spain out
>Italy out
>Greece out
>ex-Yugoslavian countries out
>Lithuania out
>Russia out
>Turkey out
>Israel out

who the fuck is even left in the eurobasket?
Latvia, Finland, France & Germany

four slightly above average teams

it's like having the UEFA Euro where the favorites to win it are Iceland, Romania, Wales and the Czech Republic

literally no one will watch the eurobasket

i hope the organization implodes from lack of viewership
>>
>latviawinslol
>>
Our ban is presented in the news as some shady dealing by a disastrous previous administration of our federation. And now apparently 14 others were banned?
>>
>>66860447

>In a letter to the Slovenian federations, published by Yugobasket, FIBA’s European chief Kamil Novak claims the ban has been put into effect for those nations supporting the Euroleague rather than ordering their clubs to take part in FIBA’s new Basketball Champions League.

It can also affect Olympic Games
>>
Why is Russia so good at basketball? Like obviously not better then USA but they are all whiteys and yet semi decent?
>>
>>66860567
Either 7'1 front court or black back court
>>
>>66860567
because Siberia
>>
>>66848489
>Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Spain, Lithuania, Greece, Italy,
So all the good teams aside from Germany and France? Great way to kill the Euro
>>
Newer news

Greece, Turkey, Lithuania, Italy, Poland and Israel can go to the Eurobasket cause the problem is with some teams, others are in FIBA Champions League alredy.

Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia Serbia Spain and Russia are full fucked because their federations till supports Euroligue

Also, no mercy for womans teams too.
>>
a tournament organized by those teams would have more success than the official ""euros""
but wait, does this mean we don't get to partecipate in the OQT either?
>>
Why the fuck did their retarded federations still sent their teams to euroleague then if FIBA organised a new competition for them?
And what's FIBA's beef with Euroleague anyway?
>>
>>66862358
http://www.fiba.com/news/fiba-files-complaint-against-euroleague
>>
>>66862416
That makes sense. Then the disqualification was well-deserved, I guess, it's not like I follow/care about European/Russian basketball.
>>
>>66862232
I guess they want some Mickey Mouse tournament...
Where serbia and spain cant win

LMAO
>>
>>66862358
>Why the fuck did their retarded federations still sent their teams to euroleague then if FIBA organised a new competition for them?

FIBA is full of crap. They were spouting about how ULEB is about money and not SPORTSMANSHIP yet offered long-term licenses to some teams just like Euroleague.

FIBA is bad at making events that aren't for national teams (look what happened to Suproleague)

FIBA were lying about huge budget their league will have. It's actually smaller than Euroleagues or even Eurocups. The only advantage is that teams get more money just for competing (I think 100k VS. 40k in Eurocup)

Sponsors do not care about FIBA because they suck - no televisions would care about buying streaming right of that t competition

>>66862476
>serbia winning

oy vey oy vey it's not 1999 you know
>>
>>66862494
>oy vey oy vey it's not 1999 you know
KEKED
>>
>>66862232
>no mercy for womans teams too.
that's just cruel. like, i get it, no one cares about women's basketball etc etc, but they literally did nothing wrong and they get punished for the men's competitions dispute. this is borderline lunacy.
>>
File: lead2-750x400.jpg (97 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
lead2-750x400.jpg
97 KB, 750x400
>>66862476
now that serbia and spain are out, it's time for the true champions of europe to return

as long as we don't get fucked by lithuania
>>
>>66848489
>Turkey
>Yurop
we should be participating fiba asia at start
>>
>>66862910
would be a little convinient for you to switch to competing with the mighty Philippines now that you're shit
>>
>>66863604
>says the guy who got their ass whooped by us in the last tournament
>>
>>66863677
aren't you a bit amused that you're hosting the 2017 eurobasket you were you barred from? cause i am, lol.
>>
>Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Russia, Spain, Lithuania, Greece, Italy, Israel, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Slovenia AND Poland
Top kek. So who is even gonna play now? And more importantly, who would watch that shit.
>>
>>66863800
Wait, so T*rks and Jews are hosts? No way they will allow that, both of them will pull out if they are any smart.
>>
>>66863954
turkey, israel, romania, and finland. i don't even know how many hours on plane helsinki and tel aviv are apart.
>>
>>66862232
Our federation didn't have a meeting on this matter yet. But I doubt they would have supported FIBA and killed of euroleague.
We'll have to see if we have balls or wuss out.
>>
File: final standings.png (14 KB, 588x59) Image search: [Google]
final standings.png
14 KB, 588x59
>>66863677
you won by two m8, and it didn't favour you much
and i never implied we were any less shit by the way
>>
>>66864168
>you won by two
that was our C team
NBA fags were not even on the squad
>>
> Francewinslol

I hope this will make basketball popular in countries with less tradition to be honest
>>
>>66864102

Dude they'll put 1 group per country. The problem will be the quarters and beyond.
>>
>>66864135
>doubt they would have supported FIBA and killed of euroleague.
Your doubts are wrong. Federation will recommend clubs to choose FIBA.
>>
>>66864423
i know how it's supposed to be managed, but spreading your european championship over four unrelated countries thousands of miles apart makes it feel kinda meh
>>
>>66864517

It's this trend of diversity which everyone is putting on... I wonder why...
>>
>>66864557
if you're starting to give this a spin and feed the retarded immigration/refugee/libruhl/feminism narrative, stop. don't be a slobbering tool. this is just about money and nothing else.
>>
>>66864264
NBA fags only make an NT worse desu
we were much better off with Soragna and Marconato than with Belinelli and Bargnani, sometimes it looks like they think they're too good for international tournaments
Gallo is an exception, he's a beast and always gives his best
>>
>>66848685
>Dear Mr. President

I thought it was a fake letter
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.