[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do these guys do it? Their squad is barely above average
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10
File: Atletico_Madrid_logo_001.jpg (606 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Atletico_Madrid_logo_001.jpg
606 KB, 1024x768
How do these guys do it? Their squad is barely above average

What's their secret?
>>
simeone a goat
>>
Tax evasion
>>
They've got heart
>>
>>66842163
>>66842167
>>66842170
this
>>
Sacrificing goats to the Dark Lord Satan before each game
>>
play with 11 men in the box and pray for luck
>>
Griezmann is elite
>>
>>66842139
If you don't run, you go to bench. Simply as this.
>>
>>66842223
It worked for Di Matteo
>>
>barely above average

If they played in the EPL they would have the second best squad
>>
>>66842247
The 1st being?
>>
their squad is only average compared to their clasico rivals. they would win the premier league ever year
>>
>>66842139
They're pretty good with a few standout players that all play very well together in a system that suits them.
>>
this is their secret
OUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>66842223
>>66842244
You don't understand football if you think Atletico are the same as that shit Chelsea team.
>>
File: BlHgiDhIMAA-dde.jpg (30 KB, 599x393) Image search: [Google]
BlHgiDhIMAA-dde.jpg
30 KB, 599x393
They have Vegeta in the bench
>>
>>66842261
Leicester of course
>>
>>66842139
>Carrasco, even though he's overrated, is above average
>Torres has been shit for 5 years but a hell lot of experience and always delivers during big matches, be it with goals or assists
>Griezmann is overrated as fuck but always delivers against meme teams
>Koke is one of the best midfields in EU right now
>Gabi is underrated as fuck, he's better than most midfields at City, Chelsea, United, PSG, Real, Juventus
>Juanfran is the best RB in Spain
>Godin is the best CB in the world
>Gimenez is average
>Filipe Luis is one of the best LB in the world - clearly not the best of course, but still
>Oblak is not goat but still above average GK

Their squad is dope m8. Just because there is no world famous superstar doesn't mean they are "barely above average".
>>
>>66842139
>How do these guys do it? Their squad is barely above average
They play good defence and playing good defence is much more dependant on system and teamwork than individual ability.

Also their squad is far from average. Godin, Oblak, Koke, Griezmann etc are outstanding players (and Saul looks like he is going to be one very soon)
>>
>>66842170
Don't you mean "character"
>>
>>66842261
Manchester City
>>
>>66842357
>Griezzman
>overrated

>Gimenez
>average

>Oblak
>not GOAT

Fuck off frog
>>
they want it more
>>
>>66842357
>Griezmann
>overrated
If anything he's underrated because of this retarded OUIIII meme and his choker label
>>
they are highly motivated becus noone ever gives them any credit
>>
File: happy ranieri.jpg (36 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
happy ranieri.jpg
36 KB, 620x430
>>66842261
>>
>>66842139
Meme magic
>>
MUH PASSION
>>
TORRES tbqh familia
>>
>>66842342
That's Nappa you bellend.
>>
1) Managed by a coach who knows the idiosincrasy of the club and has the trust of the players, owners and fans.
2) Top notch super strict physical preparation.
3) Choral cast subdued to the coach; losing individual pieces (Costa, Turan, Courtois...) does not affect them much.
4) Simeone has instituted an effective playing style -like it or not- and is loyal to it, rarely tries to do something he and/or his squad is not capable to do on the pitch.
5) Not as poisoned by the venomous Spanish sports press as Madrid or Barça are.
>>
Top 4 team in the world.
>>
File: inigo1.jpg (55 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
inigo1.jpg
55 KB, 500x432
>>66842511
>choral
>>
>Oblak
Great goalkeeper. Doesn't have to make meme saves because he's positioning is so good it makes everything look comfortable (unlike Courtouis for example)

>Filipe Luis
Best LB in the world

>Godin
Best CB in the world

>Gimenez/Hernandez
Future GOATs, ensuring that even when Godin dies Atleti will be okay

>Juanfran
Best Spanish RB, one of the best in the world. Looks like a heroin addict.

>Koke/Gabi/Saul/Augusto Fernández/Tiago
Excellent midfield. Koke in one or two years will be the best midfielder in the world.

>Carrasco
Perfect counter attacking outlet with his pace and skill

>Griezmann
GOAT

>Torres
Playing his best football in years.

Atleti are an excellent squad and team, well set up for the future too. They just need a talismanic striker like Costa or Falcao (maybe Borja from Eibar?)
>>
>>66842570
You understood me, Tremblay.
>>
File: leq3.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
leq3.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>66842170
miles and miles of heart
>>
Key points:

- MUH HEART AND PASSION (they do it even better than Kloppo with le underdog meme)
- dirty players that know every trick in the book to waste some time when they are 1:0 up
- solid af defense with great positioning
- team has no real weaknesses, all the players are good at what they do, while not being entitled cunts
>>
>>66842139
The same as chelshit dood. Pure hard play plus parking the bus mixed with a few actually great players
>>
File: 487312129-473103.jpg (32 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
487312129-473103.jpg
32 KB, 590x350
>>66842587

>yfw you sold high on costa
>yfw costa wants to come back to atletico so you can do the same rebuild job you did on torres

amazing
>>
>>66842511

This is someone that knows what they are talking about

>>66842247
>>66842261

These are people that have no idea what they are talking about.

> If team X played in Y league t-t-they would walk it guys. Despite the fact that it's a completely different league, culture, type of opponent and structure I state that is an objective fact based on how I view their level of play.

Fucking idiots.
>>
>>66842763

Meant >>66842270 not the other Canadian.
>>
Tell me about Simeone. Why does he wear the black?

[spoiler]Is he a Johnny Cash fan?[/spoiler]
>>
>>66842139
defense puto de mierda
>>
>>66842785

[spoiler]Argentinians are black[/spoiler]
>>
>>66842587

> Filipe Luis
> Best LB in the world.

holy shit, how wrong can you be?

it is amazing how good individual players look when the whole team is performing to a high level both offensively and defensively. Even made this Irishman believe Luis is the best in the wold in his position.
>>
>>66842511
>2) Top notch super strict physical preparation.

ohohoho
>>
cholo is the best
>>
>>66842882
LB and RB are two positions with the least amount of world class players.

Name 3 better LBs than Luis.
>>
>>66842882
Please name 5 better LBs
>>
>>66842907
alaba, marcelo, alba
>>
>>66842562
Really bold claim there, Alexander

Also are you the Macedonian from the Mcdonalds conversation that went to Braunschweig with his GF?
>>
>>66842995
>Alaba
watch Bayern play, Alaba barely plays LB anymore

>Marcelo
lmao, only if we discard defending

>Alba
no way, he's the most overrated player in the Barcelona starting XI. Everyone is always shitting on Alves but Alba is way way worse.
>>
>>66842907
>>66842964

Just to confirm, this is the same Filipe Luis that was brought from Atletico by Chelsea, benched under Mourinho because he couldn't win a place ahead of a right footed left back and then fucked off back where he came from?

There must be another Filipe Luis playing for Atletico, surely.
>>
>>66842691
Costa was best with Atletico. He worked hard and simone motivated him.

Atletico is just like how the club started. Working class folk from madrid putting in effort to create great life for themselves.
>>
>>66843020
I guess De Bruyne is awful too because Mouyes benched and sold him
>>
>>66843017

regardless as to whether or not he still plays Left Back for Bayern, he is a left back by trade and head and shoulders ahead of Luis.

Rose is better btw.
>>
>>66842139
Passion
>>
>their squad is barely above average

Thats simply not true
>>
>>66843031

Difference is Chelsea were stacked with already fully developed players in his position (plus younger too boot)

They bought him for a specific reason: to fill the LB void. He didn't.
>>
>>66843051
He sent Lukaku on 2 loans and then sold him when he had >Torres, Ba and a semi retired Eto'o.

Does that mean Lukaku sucks too?
>>
>>66842139
ask 2004 Greece
>>
Hopefully, their players will look at the likes of Costa, Falcao, Felipe Luis and to an extent Turan and realise life isn't always better away from Atletico Madrid.
>>
>>66843072
>lukaku

When will this meme die. Dudes average at best.
>>
>>66843072
Lukaku wasn't good enough to get in the team at the time and was still developing, same as De Bruyne.

Felipe Luis, I repeat, was not.

You need to come up with a better argument because you've not been convincing so far.
>>
>>66842763
So Liverpool wouldn't walk the Turkish league? Come on man, we have coefficients for a reason.
>>
>>66842139
cant go wrong with the stars and bars over your heart
>>
>>66843118
>>66843118
>Lukaku wasn't good enough to get in the team at the time and was still developing, same as De Bruyne.
Lukaku was coming off a season where he scored 17 Premier League goals for a mid table West Brom team and Mourinho proceeded to pick Torres, Ba and Eto'o over him (and then spend the entire season bitching about not having any strikers).

De Bruyne was also excellent on loan at Werder and wasn't even given a chance

Being benched and ignored by Mourinho definitely doesn't mean a player is not good.
>>
>>66843161

Liverpool haven't won a league in donkey's mate. of course they wouldn't :^)
>>
>>66843118
Damn poland is giving you a hard time
>>
>>66843105
>and to an extent Turan
Turan is the most potent example of what you're talking about. Barca fans hate him, Atleti fans hate him, will probably be sold to China to facilitate Barca buying others, he can't adapt to Barca's demands etc.
>>
>>66843180

You actually rate Lukaku?

>>66843180

I didn't say that he wasn't good, I just said that he isn't the best LB in the world.

In my opinion, this is a ludicrous claim. Like I said, you could stick anyone in that position in Atletico's team and bad players would be made to look good, good > great, great > world-class.
>>
>>66842139

Simeone is a god at developing players.
>>
>>66843250
>Saul developing brilliantly under the best coach in the world and competing for Champions Leagues when he could've been hoofing long balls to Fellaini under Van Gaal
>>
>>66843235
>China
there are penty of teams in Europe that would gladly sign him where he could still harbor hopes of international relevance (Juventus to state one)
>>
>>66843235
Except he isn't as he's only been playing at Barca since January and still has time to prove himself.

Of course, on /sp/ if you don't score an hat-trick on your debut, you're a flop.
>>
>>66843248
>You actually rate Lukaku?
Depends. I'm not entirely buying into his hype but he's definitely a very good young striker and a way better option than anything Chelsea had at the time.

>>66843248
>Like I said, you could stick anyone in that position in Atletico's team and bad players would be made to look good, good > great, great > world-class.
This is certainly true to an extent (their LBs performed rather well when Filipe Luis was away but still nothing quite like him), but that's also true for almost every defender since playing defence is much more about tactical preparation and teamwork than individual skill.

Is he the best in the world, I don't know, he's definitely top 5 though and I don't think any LB has performed as well as he has so far this year.
>>
>>66843235
>Barca fans hate him
No, >we don't.

He's just underperforming so far which should be expected for someone who didn't play competitive football for 7 months and was forced to adapt on the fly.
>>
simeone is the GOAT motivator imo these players literally give everything they got
>>
>>66843321
Arda is pointless. Barca should've signed Nolito. Most Barca fans share that sentiment, and would ship him off in the summer if it meant actually decent signings.
>>
>>66843303

Fair enough, I thought you were defending the notion that he is the best LB in the world.

Fair play and good day to you sir
>>
>>66843439
Fag
>>
>>66843393
>Barca should've signed Nolito to rot on the bench
>>
>>66843393
>Most Barca fans share that sentiment
Since when was a Bogwog spudnigger terrorist the voice of Barca's fanbase?
>>
>>66843393
>should've signed Nolito
I'd rather they just kept Pedro instead. The difference in the price was only ~7m.

Arda will turn out to be a great depth signing, cap this.
>>
>>66843463

I know eloquence is beyond the understanding of a fat piece of shit such as yourself so I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>66843370
>a fucking healthpack
>>
>>66843579
No one cares what you think you buck toothed fuckface

Shut up
>>
the only player that I think isn't above average on that team is Oblak, and it astounds me how well Atletico does because Oblak is so shit
>>
>>66842964
eliseu
>>
> "I dont negotiate the effort"

thats sums up everything pretty much
>>
>>66843598

No u
>>
>>66843475
Wouldn't rot on the bench if Enrique did what he did last season and rotated.

>>66843492
It's true though. Just look at the Catalan media.
>>
>>66843660
sorry
>>
>>66843665
>Just look at the Catalan media.

>Spanish sports media
>not a toxic cesspool of controversial lies and fabrications
pick uno
>>
>>66842587
>yfw their central midfield is so stacked they don't even need Kranevitter

What club will he go next?
>>
>>66843665
>look at the Catalan media.
Who aren't a fair representation either
>>
>>66843698
Just look at Barca fans on twitter then. Spanish media is so shit because they're unabashed fans of their team. There's no neutrality or sense, it's just boasting and slander. But they are fans.
>>
>>66843721
One of the Milans
>>
File: image50.jpg (42 KB, 630x350) Image search: [Google]
image50.jpg
42 KB, 630x350
>>66843721

the club that overpays for him

>hola, arsene
>>
>>66843779
Don't refer to the lowest denominator. There were Man United fans on twitter/internet comment sections who wanted Ferguson fired after that 1-6 to City and losing the title 2012.

Until shit like Arda getting booed at the Camp Nou starts happening then I really won't consider him to be hated by fans
>>
>>66843665
>Wouldn't rot on the bench if Enrique did what he did last season and rotated.

You mean: didn't rotate MSN AT ALL after that Sociedad fiasco? He did a fine job keeping midfield fresh, but since that game MSN are pretty much undroppable/unsubbable.
>>
>>66843721
City.
>>
>>66843847
>unsubbable.
He usually subbed out Neymar or Suarez after the result had been secured though.

The rest of the post is 100% accurate though. They were starting pretty much every game they could with some heavy midfield rotation
>>
>>66843721
idk Gabi's getting old. Might be just a question of waiting
>>
>>66843721
>What club will he go next?
None, it'd be retarded to sell him after a season on the bench. Atletico don't strike me as a club that sells low on great talent.
>>
>>66842139
1. Never break the narrow shape while defending.
2. Press aggressively only 40 yards or less from your goal.
3. Play pacey strikers and always push them to counter at full speed.
4. Teach players to foul intelligently so they don't get nearly as many reds as they'd deserve.
5. ???
6. PROFIT
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.