[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does he still have a job? Any burgers care to explain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: juergen-klinsmann-usa-514.jpg (40 KB, 514x297) Image search: [Google]
juergen-klinsmann-usa-514.jpg
40 KB, 514x297
How does he still have a job? Any burgers care to explain?
>>
>>66812838
>won the gold cup in 2013
>got us into the WC round of 16 in 2014
>encouraged American players to go play in real leagues instead of My Little Soccer

Failure in the 2015 Gold Cup aside, I'd say he's done ok so far. And it's not like top managers are lining up to take the job.
>>
Nobody cares about sawker here so when he fucks up very few people take note.
>>
>>66812838

Seeing the results he brought to them, he's not that bad.
>>
>>66812838
Because my understanding is from his contract, he still gets paid even if he is fired.

And he gets paid alot.
>>
>>66812864
>got us into the WC round of 16 in 2014
And a shanked shot fro the quarters. I don't know why expectations should be higher than this.
>>
>>66812864
B team world cup that's basically worthless
US was doing but bunkerball
If this was a point to keep him, he's done a horrible job at it

He's accomplishments are nothing spectacular
And the play in the gold cup was absolutely pathetic and should have gotten him canned
>>
>>66814207
>losing to Jamaica for the first time ever
>losing to Jamaica for the second time ever and the first time at home
>losing a gold cup knockout game to non-Mexican concacaf opposition for the first time ever
>losing a gold cup knockout game to non-Mexican concacaf opposition for a second time ever
>losing to Guatemala for the first time ever in a qualifier
>has done nothing that Bradley didn't aslo do
>the playing style is much, much worse
etc, etc
>>
>>66814948
>B team World Cup

Is there an A team World Cup that I haven't heard about?
>>
>>66815097
*gold
It's not the one to be proud of
>>
>>66815005
you do realize that, talent-wise, this is the worst team we've had in about 15 years?
>>
>>66815128
Actually, it's not
Considering Bradley had to start such players Johnny Bornstein, Ricardo Clark, Robbie Findley and had to play Edson Buddle in world cup games the bottom isn't as nearly as bad as it was
He's also hurting his cases when he constantly picks players like Alvarado and Chandler when there are clearly players who are better at their positions than them
And it's fucking Guatemala
>>
>>66815182

You have got to be joking.

You can get away with a lower talent floor when you have prime Dempsey, Donovan, Howard, Bocanegra, Cherundolo, Onyewu, Reyna, McBride, etc to carry the squad. Which is exactly what happened with Bradley.

The talent on the squad today is absolutely horrifyingly inadequate for the expectations he has to deal with.
>>
>>66815253
*and Arena
>>
>18 YEAR PLAN
>>
>>66812838
Because nobody better than him would take the job.
>>
>>66812838
No name, talentless squad and lack of interest from US public are key factors in the mediocre state of American soccer. When Klinsmann walked into the role, he was faced with an antiquated, virtually nonexistent youth development program and no money to work with. The fact that US can play at all with any international squad should be considered a victory.

Unfortunately, no one cares. We want to win but have no idea how. We don't put in the effort on a national level to actively recruit our best young talent and will never convince our best athletes to play soccer. No sane coach of any comparable level would ever volunatrialy accept the helm of the sinking ship of our Bugerball.
>>
>we dun care
>>
>>66815253
Okay
You need to stop being nostalgic
And considering Bradley had at most 3 of those at their primes the high end isn't that much better than now

But regardless, it's fucking Jamaica, Panama, and Guatemala
We shouldn't be losing to them
At all
If we're losing to them, how the fuck are we going to get the world cup?
There's better opposition inside CONCACAF
And the world cup
How would we even get a point?
>>
>>66815330
Okay everything in that first part is almost completely wrong
And what he did have he's hasn't changed much. He's arguably made it worse
>>66815303
I'd take it and I'm pretty sure I could at least beat Guatemala
>>
>>66815351
>how the fuck are we going to get the world cup?

I think this applies here:

https://youtu.be/-oSFYxDGKy8

We ain't in any position to think about the fuckin' World Cup. As another anon mentioned, until we implement a legitimate youth system and invest in our infrastructure we're going nowhere.
>>
>>66812838

They won't get rid of him until they're sure the foreign players he's poached won't bounce with him.
>>
File: USA vs Guatemala.png (272 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
USA vs Guatemala.png
272 KB, 1200x630
>>66815375
>I'd take it and I'm pretty sure I could at least beat Guatemala

I'm pretty sure Klinsmann could too.
>>
>>66815351
>If we're losing to them, how the fuck are we going to get the world cup?
>get the world cup

"Get the world cup" as in win it? With these players? Are you insane? Our best player couldn't even make the starting lineup at Roma.
>>
>>66815391
We're still a "giant" in the region
World Cup qualification is a minimum
It's something we did with college kids in 1990
He's regressing the program
And the youth programs are getting worse
Klinsmann's fired or phased out more attack-minded coaches like Hugo Perez and replaced them with bunker and direct style coaches
Which is the thing we're trying to get away from
>>
>>66815426
To be fair, Roma's midfield is no joke. Especially before the Strootman injury.

Bradley should have stayed in Europe. He easily could have found a spot with a mid to bottom table club somewhere.
>>
>>66815426
Get to the world cup
I'm really doubting he can
>>66815411
Doesn't make up for the loss four days prior
He should have been fired in Guatemala, like he should have been after the pathetic gold cup he had
>>
>>66815005
Central american and caribbean teams (T&T and Jamaica) have improved a lot and their home games are like hell (specially for CA teams) desu

México have also struggled with CA teams in our away games, remember last qualification?
>>
>>66815448
>It's something we did with college kids in 1990
>And the youth programs are getting worse

You're blaming him for things he doesn't control.

Ya know what's wrong? I'll give ya an example. Cherundolo was a /lifelong/ at Hannover 96 and captain. He played his entire career in Europe and nobody thought anything of it.

With the growth of the MLS our players are being asked to come back to help grow the league. This has had a negative effect on our players and forced Klins to get a bunch of half-breeds from Germany to fill in.

The MLS has stifled our progression imo
>>
>>66815507
Losing to them on a regular basis while not even making it look fluky is not though

Plus you struggled more at home as well because every team went bunkerball and your coach could produce any decent offensive tactics
We're in a much worse position here
>>
>>66812838
Who cares about some woman's sport, family. I know this is a sports board, but you're taking things a little too far.
>>
because no one gives a shit about soccer so we just hire some german guy to do whatever the fuck he wants
>>
>>66815538
>the MLS
That statement is complete garbage
Especially considering
1. Most of the dual-citizens were introduced to US Soccer while Bradley was the coach
2. The non-MLS players have been collectively worse
3. Going for a /pol/ answer is always a sign of a bad argument
>>
>>66812838
We did better than expected in the World Cup, and that's the only tournament 80% of Americans know about. So he stays.

Even though the past year or so has been rough, Soccer/Football's popularity in the US is still rising under his management and that is what is most important imo
>>
>>66815556
in a regular basis? You've only lost 2 games IIRC and in your home tie against Guatemala you destroyed them. every team has a bad day once in a while
Don't get me wrong I definitely wanted to see you choke and not qualify to the final round (for the lulz) but let's be honest, that won't happen
>>
>>66815604
Second cycles are always worse
Just look at Spain last world cup, France and Italy in 2010, and the US in 2006

That's got nothing to do with Klinsmann

You may haven't watch a US game outside the world cup but he's regressed the program to a shell of what it was and it wasn't an impressive thing to begin with
>>
>>66815602
>while Bradley was the coach

And where did that get him?

Fired... right.

He saw what was happening and knew it was his only hope.

You're not even making any sense anymore, anon. Just accept the fact that we lack the proper infrastructure to grow legit talent and yet now we're trying to prop up a fundamentally flawed league. US Soccer is going about his completely fucking backwards and needs a complete overhaul at the top level.

If we were seriously committed in improving ourselves for the long term, we would invest everything in the youth levels and encourage our brightest talent to get over to Europe ASAP.

We're by no means culturally/socially ready for a healthy domestic league. Fortunately, there is plenty of interest in soccer. Just not the shit the MLS puts out. Use that to drive our player development - not "end product".
>>
>>66815664
"Bad day" doesn't mean "playing like some U-5 team"
It was more of a fluke that we even got to the semis than losing in them
He's made so many horrendous tactical and squad selection blunders this cycle that it's hard to think that he'll ever snap out
>>
File: resize.jpg (53 KB, 599x454) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
53 KB, 599x454
>>66815375
>believing our players are talented
>>
>>66812907
Mls general everyday, stfu ur meme Is stale putos.
>>
>>66815681
No, I've watched most international matches and will watch the MLS when I get a chance.

We've looked very sub-par no doubt, but I do think that part of it is that we are trying to transition from some of the players that are getting too old to younger talent and that there is a period of adjustment when doing that.

If we are still in this rut 3-6 months from now, I'll join you in calling for his job. But not yet.
>>
>>66812838
The real reason is because he signed a contract that runs through 2018, making him the technical director for all of US socker
>>
>>66815502
>Get to the world cup
>I'm really doubting he can

Why? All we have to do is beat St. Vincent and we advance to final qualifying round. Then it's just a matter of finishing in the top 3 in a group that includes us, Mexico, Trinidad, Costa Rica, (probably) Panama, and Honduras. Not too difficult imo.
>>
>>66815710
>Fortunately, there is plenty of interest in soccer. Just not the shit the MLS puts out.

Fun fact: MLS is the 3rd-most popular soccer league in America, behind Liga MX and the Premier League. It would be in 4th if La Liga was on regular cable instead of BeIN.
>>
>>66815899
Mexico and Costa Rica are better than us
So it's probably a fight for 3rd
Which considering how well Panama and Trinidad did at the Gold Cup puts that well in doubt
>>66815854
>the MLS
I can understand that, but that's not
It's him backing shit tier players even for us like Alvarado, Chandler, and Diskerud
We've been in this rut since he got hired except a few match stretch in 2013
Even the world cup performance isn't that impressive given how the other teams self-destructed and we still barely got out
>>
>>66812838
Cause he's gay

>>66815827
CHI
>>
>>66816130
>Mexico and Costa Rica are better than us

And we're better than Trinidad, but here we are 3 points behind them in the group.

>So it's probably a fight for 3rd
>Which considering how well Panama and Trinidad did at the Gold Cup puts that well in doubt

Not necessarily. I could getting in there easily (maybe even winning the whole group), and if not there's always the inter-confederation playoffs where we just have to beat New Zealand or something.
>>
>>66816191
>better than Trinidad
How sure are you?

And it's the 5th place Asia team
But we'd have to finish 4th
And we're a lot worse off under Klinsmann than Mexico was during the last hex
>>
>>66816130
Any examples of managers or players you would like to see instead of Klinsmann, Alvarado, Chandler, and Diskerud?

I pay more attention than most, but not enough to know who the young talent on our reserve or U21 squad might be.
>>
>>66816279
>5th place asian team
Why do we get one less spot than them when our 6th place would dick their 5th place?
>>
>>66816338
There's plenty of managers or players I'd like
But I really care at this point is just getting rid of them
>>
He told us tall tales of overhauling and revitalizing the youth system here and basically said it's a process that takes decades. So he'll probably still have the job 20 years from now.
>>
>>66815097
We didnt have Don Ovan so that practically was a B team world cup from the start
>>
>>66812864
Anon, during his tenure Dempshit, Bradley and -Howard, your top rated players then, went back to M'lels.
And he picks fucking 2nd division players. That's embarrassing.
>>
because hes german and they 'won' the WC
>>
File: Costanza 1.jpg (31 KB, 259x369) Image search: [Google]
Costanza 1.jpg
31 KB, 259x369
>>66815253
>Onyewu

his "prime" lasted like a year and half before his knee blew up

also, didn't McBride retire before Bunker Bob took over for Arena?
>>
>>66818284
McBride was a WC starter for Bob
>>
>>66815253
this

but some of these guys were shit. reyna and mcbride were before the era too

but mostly this
>>
>>66818295
Uh, no he wasn't
He retired from the US in 06
He did play in the olympics in 08, but never made a senior team appearance after 06 world cup
>>
>>66818307
No
Not that
He's overrating the good players and mostly ignoring the shittier players Klinsmann's predecessors had
>>
File: IMG_5674.jpg (71 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5674.jpg
71 KB, 450x500
>>66815927
KEK

>mfw now that Bundesliga is on FOX it'll soon surpass MLS as well
>>
>>66818366
It's gotten worse ratings than the NWSL so far
>>
>>66818366
Nobody in America cares about the Bundesliga. They only care about Pulisic.
t. >Schalke fan
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.