[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he, dare I say it, better than Ranieri?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5
File: 170989.jpg (40 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
170989.jpg
40 KB, 620x413
Is he, dare I say it, better than Ranieri?
>>
I feel I'm not the only one that doubts he will be able to achieve anything as a manager of any team other than atletico
>>
>>66811467
I feel the same about mourinho and sugar daddies.
>>
He's no Zidane
>>
Of course not

Leicester play entertaining attacking football, atletico are possibly the most boring team in Europe
>>
>>66811417
'No'
>>
>>66811821
Dumb leiceter fan, leiscter would get raped by relegation teams from la liga
>>
>>66811417
yes but lester is better thatn atletico
>>
>>66811853

I guess we'll find out next season
>>
>>66811956

Relegation teams don't compete in the Champions League
>>
Lestah -Athleti CL final when?

Hopefully next year, but that may be asking too much of the forces of meme magic
>>
>tfw not a single Leicester player will make it on to the team of the year or even be considered for the Ballon do'r
>>
>>66811821
what the hell does it have to do with the topic
>>
Yes, Ranieri has had one GOAT season after being pretty good for his entire career.

What Simeone has done at Atletico over the last 5 years is probably the best coaching job of the last decade.
>>
>>66812100
He's the next Mourinho desu.
>>
>>66811817
good for him
>>
>>66811417
Atletico are the 4th biggest club in Spain, what he's done is more like if someone were to take Arsenal or Spurs to that level from now. Impressive yes, but not out of the question.

What Ranieri has done over a league season if he wins is by far the most impressive thing in English league football history. He'll have taken a mid to lower tier club to the league, if Simeone can go to Eibar or something and win the league with them too he'll have managed a comparable feat.
>>
>>66812135
>Atletico are the 4th biggest club in Spain, what he's done is more like if someone were to take Arsenal or Spurs to that level from now. Impressive yes, but not out of the question.
That's not comparable at all. Atletico's revenue was almost 5 times lower than Real's when he took over.

If you want to look for an English club with revenue 5 times lower than United/City you'd have to go to the relegation zone
>>
>>66812100
Mou with Inter...that was magestic
>>
considering he has actually won top flight league titles, yes
>>
>>66812183
So far as spending power goes it's very comparable, Spurs net spend has been near enough a 10th of City's over the past 10 years, with Arsenal not far behind. The biggest spending clubs in England spend astronomically more than the ones just below them, who spend quite a bit more than the teams of Leicester's size, which is what makes Ranieri's achievement so impressive.

This graph is even being a bit unkind to Spurs actually, if you only take the last 5 seasons their net spend has been -50m
>>
>>66812207
Inter won shit before just before Mourinho arrived. Atleti was an Europa League team.

What Simeone did is just like if Klopp's Liverpool wins this EL, then he wins FA cup, then he wins the Premier League, then he wins the Community Shield against a Madrid-level team, then he gets to the CL finals kicking Barça out, then he rapes Real Madrid over and over and over, then he knocks Barça out again and gets to the semi-finals... and in the end, the team goes from an EL team to a top-3 worldwide team for like 5 fucking years

Just picture it. It'd be madness.
>>
>>66812295
Aaaand well, Liverpool's budget is way bigger so not even that is fair.

tl;dr Simeone >>> every meme manager
>>
Simeone right now is probably the best coach in the world.
>>
>>66812036

they might if Shitty win the UCL

but the value of the BPL is far too low for players doing well in it to seriously be considered for the Balloon Door
>>
>>66812251
Atletico's net spend in that timeframe was ~70m (from transfermarkt). And he took that team, made them into a legit top 5 team in the world and has sustained it for 3 years, he won the EL, the domestic cup, the league, made the CL final and another semi. That's way better than 1 great season with 0 cup success, especially considering that Simeone had to battle Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Iniesta, Bale etc for the title, Ranieri has to battle Harry Kane and Oliver Giroud
>>
>>66812314
The club they're most similar to in England is Spurs tßh since they're not allowed to spend over their revenue either. Would be very like if Poch was able to do something similar.

Ranieri's achievement if he wins is still bigger though, Simeone has won 1 league title and 1 cup did it with a very big club (granted not mega clubs like Madrid or Barca but still a very big club). If Leicester wins the league Ranieri will only be 1 cup behind in actual accomplishment and they're more like if Simeone had managed to do this with Eibar or Sporting Gijon, not the 4th biggest club in Spain.
>>
>>66812342

I disagree

Not to diminish from Ranieri's achievements, but he has also been in the right place at the right time (Chelsea imploding, Manure & Shitty just shit, Arsenal being Arsenal), by that I mean the BPL being at its lowest point of quality in living memory.

Winning La Liga is alot harder than it is winning the BPL and Simeone did it by toppling Barca and Real both of which are shitloads better than any English team. Literally Villareal would probably win the BPL.
>>
>>66812342
Look at the squads that Simeone has to compete with and then compare them to the squads of Spurs and Arsenal.

You will have a point if Ranieri manages to sustain it and actually turn Leicester into legit yearly top 4 contenders. As far as coaching goes sustained success >> 1 GOAT season out of nowhere
>>
>>66812342
Yeah but the difference between a "poor" team and a "rich" one in england are way smaller than they are in spain. Eibar suck and both Barça and Madrid are the strongest teams in the world, whereas there are no teams that strong in england right now, nor that bad as Eibar (Except for Aston Villa).

And the thing is, Simeone's Atleti isn't a "one season" team. They lost all their best players (Falcao, Costa, Turan, Courtois...) and they're still up there. He's proven Atleti's success is not because of players nor budget, but because of himself.

Don't misunderstand, I still think Raineri's archievement would be fucking epic. But I think Simeone's job through all these years is just superb.
>>
>>66812396
>>66812396
>>66812412
The value of Leicester's entire first 11 is £21m

Atletico spent more than that on one player last summer (and over £10m on 4 other players besides). Don't get me wrong what Simeone did is incredible, especially over an extended period and against the financial power of the big 2 in Spain. But to compare the financial power of the 2 clubs is ridiculous, they aren't even in the same ballpark. There are 2 or 3 squads in the 2nd division of English football put together for more money than Leicester, let alone the Premier League or a club of Atletico's size. This kind of defying the odds is honestly unheard of in modern football.
>>
>>66812455
It's not comparing the financial power of the two clubs. It's comparing the financial power/archievements ratio. Leicester are really poor and they're about to win a PL while the rich teams are constantly choking (Still amazing and historic though). Atleti have more money, but they've done better than fucking Real Madrid through 5 years.

In the end it's a matter of points of view I think. At least we can agree in that they both are better than any meme manager.
>>
>>66811467
This
>>
>>66811467
He won the Argentinian league with 2 different teams and guided a Serie A relegation candidate to a comfortable mid table position.

So you are objectively wrong and a casual for thinking Atletico is his first successful job
>>
Didn't he shit the bed against Celta in the Copa?

Didn't he almost shit the bed against PSV in the CL?
>>
>>66811821
entertainment is irrelevant, we're talking about results

I don't get the comparison though
>>
We've been supporting him ever since we made the finals honestly hope we get to play city in the final it comes down to a historic first time ever winners event. Hala Athletico Madrid!!
>>
>>66811821
>Leicester play entertaining

Stopped reading there, Leicester are catenaccio personified these days. Have been terrible to watch all 2016
>>
>>66812677
truly an inexcusable misstep to actually lose a cup game once in a while

tftt is in full force again today
>>
Can't wait for him to move to Man Utd next season :D
>>
>>66812341
and also Aguero, de Bruyne, Sanchez, Costa, Fabregas, Özil, de Gea, Silva, Courtois
>>
>>66811417
He's an annoying cunt and a bad loser.
>>
>>66813274
Is that supposed to be impressive? the only 2 players who'd start for Real/Barcelona are de Gea and KDB. Some of them were literally kicked out of those clubs for being too shit
>>
>>66813225
Apparently it is. See: Pep
>>
>>66812251
>muh net spend
the only reason their net spend is so low is because spurs keep buying shit players that they have to sell
>>
>>66813299
>and a bad loser.

why would any team hire a manager whos a good loser?
>>
>>66813347
and now when united, city, and chelsea buy all of their young talent next year their net spend will look even better :)
>>
>>66813442
and when they spend all that money on shit again they'll be in the exact same position they've been in for 7 years
>>
>>66813432
I don't know, why did Bayern hire Ancelotti?
>>
>>66813339
Well Pep got fucked in 13/14 though I can't recall the circumstances (injuries etc.). If you're getting at last season I agree that he was very unlucky to face Barcelona with half of his squad ded.
>>
>>66813493
Also three lads slipping from the penalty spot is hardly the coaches fault.
>>
>>66811417
someone needs to shoop a parrot on his shoulder
>>
>>66813550
eh
>>
>>66813737
kek. saved.
>>
>>66812034
>Lestah -Athleti CL final
We could just skip regular Times and go straight to penalties
>>
>>66812324
I agree with the spic
>>
i'd love to know how atletico do it. they were debt-ridden as fuck and offloaded a ton of key players, yet they somehow keep climbing their way back to the top. it's quite amazing, honestly.
>>
>>66813737
10/10
>>
>>66813737
that's a macaw not a parrot
macaws can't speak.
>>
>>66814638
turn off your proxy Hans
>>
>>66813737
my autism came through and I made the eyepatch look less awful desu
>>
>>66814784
>Leave UEFAlona to me
>>
>>66814250

his amazing ability to turn good young prospects into excellent players means he can buy low and sell high

>dumped costa onto chelsea, costa turns into a malignant cancer
>dumped aguero onto city, aguero turns into injuries all day, everyday
>dumped falcao on monaco, falcao's knee disintegrates
>dumped arda turan onto barca, FIFA transfer ban means he has to wait to integrate into the squad, never integrates, may in fact be an Atletico double agent

can't wait until he dumps Saul onto Arsenal for 50 million
>>
>>66812251
>no club sold more than what they spent
>>
>>66811809
>porto
>sugar daddies
>>
young mou > simeone

young mou was better cause he won more than simeone and actually won the ucl and didn't choke in the final
>>
File: simeonepalle1.jpg (96 KB, 406x480) Image search: [Google]
simeonepalle1.jpg
96 KB, 406x480
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>66814784
>tfw they might lose to Halal in the finals again

Pls no ):
>>
>you now remember Atletico couldn't beat Real Madrid for 14 straight years in all competitions

And then they hired Diego Simeone
>>
sure, mongoloid
>>
>>66817872

"La tengo pequeña pero es juguetona"
>>
>>66818191
Don't worrry, the have TORRES this time, meme magic is theyrs
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.