[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are american athletes so much better than everyone else?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: lerobe.jpg (48 KB, 524x517) Image search: [Google]
lerobe.jpg
48 KB, 524x517
why are american athletes so much better than everyone else?
>>
Bbc
>>
>>66798609
doping?

capcha: juice ;^)
>>
Kobr and LeBron vs Messi and Ronaldo
Street Fight

How BTFO do the divegrass players get?
>>
>>66798706
depends who much of a nigger the basketball players are and how much 3rd world is left in messi and ronaldo
i mean kobe, lebron and ronaldo got the physics but do they got the mindset?
>>
>>66798790
>Ronaldo
>comparable physique to Lebron
m8, Lebron is 20cm taller and 30kg heavier. They'd get stomped based on size difference alone.

Not even going to mention Messi, 2 Messis wouldn't be as big as 1 Lebron
>>
>>66799000
a freak of nature doesnt make him the better athlete/fighter, if he lacks "hunger" he will get rekt, even tho those examples are kinda extreme
>>
>>66799161
Someone doesn't watch
>real sports
>>
>>66798706
Messi and Ronaldo, as much as it pains me to say it. They could easily take down Kobe, broken down as he is, and in a real fight, no matter how strong you are, you are in trouble if the numbers are against you.
>>
>>66798790
Since when is Portugal third world?
>>
>>66798609
we're only better at sports no one else gives a shit about. like basketball and women's soccer.
>>
File: peruano.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
peruano.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
Why are americans so obsessed about black men's physiques?
>>
>>66799161

lol wat
>>
>>66798706

Put Bastian Schweinsteiger
in for Messi and you have a decent match
>>
File: british_empire.png (432 KB, 1280x651) Image search: [Google]
british_empire.png
432 KB, 1280x651
>>66801088
the only reason the world gives a shit about soccer is because british invaders taught the game to kids. literally forced the world to watch their sport.
>>
>>66801463

Most of the world can't afford to play hockey. you can throw some trash in a plastic bag and kick it around. Or behead someone like they do in Africa and Middle East
>>
File: 1445821534360.png (197 KB, 458x420) Image search: [Google]
1445821534360.png
197 KB, 458x420
This guy and 'Bron bron versus messi and ronaldo

who wins?
>>
Which athlete has the biggest cock???
>>
File: 1458698567940.jpg (204 KB, 608x603) Image search: [Google]
1458698567940.jpg
204 KB, 608x603
>>66801176
No american in this thread mentioned that only you and some Canuck
>>
>>66798706
2 dive, 2 flop, 4 loose
>>
File: 1437955945791.jpg (62 KB, 473x555) Image search: [Google]
1437955945791.jpg
62 KB, 473x555
>>66798609
>lebron
>good
>>
>>66801463
That makes little sense, because literally ALL of those countries are historically irrelevant at it.
>>
>>66803073
it spread out.
>>
>>66798609

Nothing like American white boys bragging about how good "their" athletes are.
>>
>>66801088
Because all our best athletes are playing Basketball, and Football, and Baseball. Of course we're terrible at soccer, we're sending the C team to take on the world's best.
>>
>>66798609
Well for about 200 years we had a pretty effective eugenics program going to produce human beings with increased size, strength, and stamina.

Not to mention its much easier becoming a world class athlete when you don't have to worry about things like ethnic cleansing, or starving to death, and can focus on playing a game.
>>
>>66798609
if they're so good why don't they compete in any international team sports

oh wait cause they always get BTFO
>>
>>66803655
We're all Americans, except for you

CHI
>>
>>66804249

Yes because the "best" athletes produced by the US would be so adept at soccer if they were to play. It's truly a game that prizes being tall and muscular above all else! That must be why West African nations have won more World Cups than any other part of the world!
>>
>pls notice how stronk and powerful are our BIG BLACK ATHLETES

No wonder the US is so full of cucks.
>>
>>66799975
Messi's short though, Kobes got almost a foot on him. Lebron will destroy Ronaldo before Messi touches Kobe
>>
>>66804700

Messi probably fights dirty in order to get some advantage. I bet he throws sand into the opponent eyes or probably carries a midget knife or some shit.
>>
>>66804652
>Mexico
Kek, at least we have shit to brag about.
>>
>>66798609

Only the biggest niggers were permitted into the precious small space of the human property ship cargo bay. Then when they got to the US, only the biggest of the big nigros were allowed to breed. The other slaves were gelded or had chastity cages permanently affixed on their penis.

And for all that, whites and half niggers are taking back sports these days. The american nigro is the most cuckolded male on the planet.
>>
>>66804561
I'm not saying every athlete we have would play soccer. But not ever elite athlete we have is 6'5" 250 lbs. If soccer were bigger here, and there were reasons for more American athletes to get into it, we would be a world power. What reason do you have to think we wouldn't?
>>
File: Full.jpg (63 KB, 466x300) Image search: [Google]
Full.jpg
63 KB, 466x300
>>66804652
Full.
>>
>>66804376
What international sports teams are you talking about? Soccer? Cricket? Rugby?

The answer is no one plays those games here. If we did, we'd dominate them as well. I'm not saying we'd be winning every world cup, but we'd be in the conversation every time.
>>
File: adrian-peterson-02_.jpg (87 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
adrian-peterson-02_.jpg
87 KB, 500x738
>>66798609
Slavery, leading to a gene pool of superior physical genetics. It's been scientifically validated. Only the biggest and baddest were allowed to breed, and they were even selectively bred. What we have today is the remnants of that, where the physicality is top notch, but the intellect is inverse to that. Any nigger that started reading or 'got smart' was killed or sold immediately.

#inconvenienttruths
>>
>>66804800
are you me?
>>66805001
>>
>>66805039

We should write a book about niggers together. Perhaps niggermania.com will help us get published.
>>
>>66798609
Because America is one giant ass melting pot. There are all kinds of ethnicities and races here. Therefore, the more diversity, the higher likely chance to find some pretty good athletes within the mix.
>>
>>66804802
awful coaching from the highest right down to the lowest levels of play. the coaching in America is shit. they value size and height over technical skill and vision, it would take a long ass fucking time for the united states to become a "world power" at soccer even if it was as popular as football.

Also, how does the US have more adept athletes for soccer than the rest of the world? your basketball players and football players would all be shit. I don't see where you're going with this, your athletes would be no better than what is already in the prem, liga or bundes.
>>
>>66805255
>it would take a long ass fucking time for the united states to become a "world power" at soccer even if it was as popular as football.

No it wouldn't. It'd take 5 years. One world cup. If it was out #1 or #2 sport, on par with football or basketball, we'd royally btfo everyone by 2 goals a game minimum. Our athletes are just too good. If Russell Westbrook and the like played soccer instead of basketball, they'd be incredible.
>>
>>66798609
At Basketball you mean?

It depends on culture, and what sports are typical within it. That's why Americans are good at basketball and baseball, Asians are good at Badminton and Table Tennis etc.

I'll give you credit for nearly always topping the Olympic tables, but to be fair, with a population that size, and such a focus on sports in school, it's not surprising.

Over here, at least in fairly average sized school, sports hardly mean anything.

I had to argue with my school for 2 years before they would let me set up a basketball in my penultimate year, with the stipulation being that the principal's wife (a fucking science teacher) coached us. Me and my 5 friends were pretty much the only people there. We needed extra players for subs etc if we wanted to enter actual school competitions. Our moronic coach opened it up to the entire school and we wound up with some 15 year old 3rd year with literally one working arm, 2 fat people who wanted to join because they didn't like football but wanted to play a sport to get healthier, and a couple of other young, well below average players.

It was a fucking shambles. She would bring them on to get game time even though they were absolutely atrocious and didn't belong in any sports team whatsoever. Ended up disbanding it after a year when our coach tried to force us to turn it into a club instead of a competitive team.

There are some schools over here that have decent sports teams (not in basketball though, unless it's a very big, or private one) but most just couldn't care less.
>>
>>66798609
nogs were literally bred for manual labor
>>
>>66805482
obv. joking but it's entertaining that some Americans seriously think this
>>
>>66798706
For some reason I think Ronaldo could take Kobe, but LeBron is such a tank he'd probably wipe them both out.

That being said, Kobe doesn't look that big, but he's always beside NBA players.

Curry looks tiny on the court, yet he's 6ft 3, same height as me, and I'm massive compared to most people I know.
>>
>>66805575
I want you to look at where the young talent of the world is going to play soccer, because it's not Europe or South America. Sure, most of the talent is international but I honestly believe metal sharpens metal and it's a matter of time before the US takes soccer by storm as they have every other sport.
>>
>>66799161
>>66799000

I'll give Ronaldo credit, he can be rapid when he wants to be, but asking if he has the mindset? Come on, NBA has so much more pressure than football.

How many shots do you think Kobe and LeBron have made, in the dying seconds of a game, then compare that to how many last second shots Ronaldo and Messi have taken.

Different sport; football has a much slower pace, so I'd imagine NBA players fare better in pressure situations overall.
>>
>>66805877
Not to mention the NBA requires more physically from upper body as well as players being forced to deal with more physical play. Kobe and Lebron would take a hit much better than Messi or Ronaldo,
>>
>>66805703
won't happen for a very, very long time due to shit (and I mean SHIT) coaching as I mentioned, along with a lack of culture surrounding the sport. People in the US are only interested in sports they're good at (no matter what they tell you this is true), they blow at men's sawker (compared to other sports) so they have little interest, little interest means little funding, little funding means they're going to have the same level of coaching. I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Also a league of that size in the US isn't doable with MLS and it's nearly fucking impossible to compete with PL now, let alone in however many years.
>>
>>66806158
Most of the US coaching on the college to professional level is international. Highschool is increasingly international as well. Interest is definitely growing as well. I don't think MLS will reach the NBA or the NFL for another 5-7 decades but that doesn't mean the quality won't increase drastically, I think it will and already is.
>>
>>66805482
I'm kind of tempted to agree with you, but not because you're athletes are simply superior.

Quite frankly, you have a fuck ton of people, so statistically, you'll have a better chance of producing a world class athlete.

Any country can become amazing if they focus all their time and effort on it. That's why the Chinese are amazing at Badminton and Table Tennis, Spanish and South America (Brazil and Argentina anyway) are amazing at soccer, and Scotland are good at Cycling.

You sound as though you assume all Americans have some natural advantage at sports, which is nonsense. Have you ever wondered why China and the US nearly always lead the medal tables in the Olympics? Massive population.

Actually, I suppose investment in sport is a big thing too. That's why the UK and Australia tend to do fairly well as well in the Olympics, they have the money and technology to attract top sports trainers, which help them train pro athletes.

So while I do agree America could probably become great at Football, given the time (I'd say nearer to 15 years though, bear in mind pro soccer players often start with professional clubs from as young as 10; and no chance of beating everyone by 2 goals, that's just not how professional sports work.)
>>
>>66805482
it'd be more like 20 years

Even with all of the money and popular support behind it, its still gonna take time to build facilities, establish academies, train coaches and wait for the new crop of american players to grow up loving soccer and training in the brand new infrastructure.
>>
>>66806260
Sorry, forgot to add at the end, don't assume America produces more top athletes because of some sort of natural selection or ability. You're a large country with a lot of money and people. Of course you're going to have the resources to produce, on average, a lot of top athletes.
>>
>>66806254
I'm unsure as to if you're familiar with the MLS, but it cannot compete with a league like the prem under its current circumstances. In the MLS there are salary cap rules and a lack of relegation and promotion. They won't be able to buy many high quality players due to league restrictions, let alone have the money to acquire them due to the inflating prices caused by the TV deals alongside prems increasing popularity. I don't see it challenging the NBA or NFL even in 50-70 years. The quality will not be high enough and therefore the interest will not be high enough, people from Europe/SA aren't going to want to watch this shit, and most people interested in soccer in the US/CAN wont be either. You might actually be surprised by the amount of people who watch sawker here and in the northern US, but only like 1/10 of them watch the MLS somewhat often.

Not to mention the chance of champions league football ever happening is very slim, what high quality players are going to want to play in the MLS even if one of their clubs has the money and there is a drastic change in salary policy? No European sawker means less international and overall exposure and therefore less money in promotional deals and prize earnings.

Players like fucking Giovinco and defoe come over here and become some of the best players in the league, the disparity in quality between the MLS and european leagues is actually quite incredible. The quality will definitely increase, but less than you'd think due to the domination of bongland and top clubs in other top leagues. Money is becoming more and more important by the year and the MLS is a lot less inclined in that department.
>>
>>66805703
>>66805703
>as they have every other sport

Lets be real, America has Baseball, Hockey, American Football, Hockey, Basketball, and that's about it. (There might be a few others I forgot about.)

Even among popular world sports they aren't the best at Soccer, Tennis and Golf.

Then there are tons of other sports you're completely forgetting. Just because it makes a lot of money and is a team sport, doesn't mean it's the only sport on the planet. Things like Athletics (which in and of itself consists of a shit load of sports) Americans aren't the best at, snow sports, racquet sports, archery, water sports, gymnastics, tennis, golf etc.
>>
>hurr big ass nigga is impressive
Technical abilities are more impressive, specially when there's actually competition from outside your chamber.
>>
>worshipping niggers

Literally C.U.C.K.S.
>>
>>66807668
>Things like Athletics (which in and of itself consists of a shit load of sports) Americans aren't the best at, snow sports, racquet sports, archery,

We're not the best at snow sports, but we're pretty damn competitive. Pretty sure an American won the Gold in Giant Slalom at the last Olympics. We've dropped off hard in Tennis, but when I was growing up we were producing elite Tennis players (Courier, Agassi, and Sampras ring a bell?). And I'm pretty sure we've produced more #1 ranked players than any other country.

Archery? Really? Archery. Okay, I'll totally give you archery. America does not produce elite Archers. You've found our weakness.
>>
>>66799161
>we lacked the hunger tonight. They just wanted it more
>>
Messi would just run away and Lebron wouldn't be able to catch him. He would get tired after 50 yards.
>>
>>66808961
we're not cucked, we produce shooters
>>
>>66806369
we kinda got the ball rolling tho the last 4 years

I mean it will be like 10 years before we really start producing world class talent but atleast the foundation is there, currently our talent pool is really shit because of the development system
>>
>>66807402
>Bongland
>Domination

pick one
>>
>>66808961
Archery was just something that came off my head. But still, it's a sport, it doesn't draw as much of a crowd as other sports, but since when has popularity equalled skill?

Archery takes a fantastic amount of skill to be professional at. I'm from the UK, I could pick some top level UK athletes that were the best in the world in the past, but they aren't the best now. You can't simply compare past athletes and say you dominate at every sport.

As I said before, I'm not trying to say America is shit, but you have a country filled with money and a large population. It's no surprise that America are better at sport than most countries.

I dont mind admitting that, but I guess I just don't understand the arrogance and pride that comes with some people when discussing sports. Sure, a lot of your athletes are better than ours, but I don't really care about that. I care about whether I am better than other people. Whether or not a bunch of people from your country are spectacular at a sport doesn't make me hate them, like some people do. You could say that Michael Jordan, and Michael Phelps are American athletes, outstanding in their own field, but I think "who gives a shit" if the person making the comment is a 40 year old balding fat guy who couldn't play sports to save his life.

I just like appreciating sports and athletes, regardless of what country they're from, and I certainly don't get some false sense of arrogance when someone else from my country is good at something that in no way related to me.
>>
>>66807668
US is always competitive at most sports tho (atleast top 10)

US is good at producing top athletes because of a good combination of wealth, population size, and development system, youre way more likely to find good coaches in US than anywhere else (barring some sports like Soccer) and funding
>>
>>66809974
I'm not being arrogant about it. I appreciate athleticism regardless of the sport. I enjoy watching the new crop of great tennis players as much as I enjoyed watching the American one's of my youth. Nor do I feel the need for my country to be "the best" at everything. Nor do I think it means anything. But you threw it out there that "all we had" was what you listed. I disagreed, because we tend to produce elite athletes in most sports. Not all, but most. Doesn't make us inherently superior. I wasn't trying to say that.

I will argue that America has the potential to be a soccer powerhouse, but it's not part of our culture so its not going to happen. We have a large, wealthy population that produces a LOT of truly gifted athletes (as you pointed out), none of which choose to play soccer growing up. There are plenty of American athletes that if they had grown up in England, would be playing soccer professionally right now. The reverse is true of plenty of British athletes.
>>
>>66798609
>0wc
Yeah. Nah.
>>
>>66807668
>An Englishman wins the Masters for the first time and now the U.S. isn't best at golf
>>
>>66804905
>no one plays those games here
You play a lot of "soccer" - youre just shit at it
>>
>>66810535
No. We really don't. But feel free to keep thinking that.
>>
>>66810535
I'm not gonna disagree with you about this because Americans do play soccer in certain areas, but it isn't that common in the south, where a lot of our best athletes come from.
>>
>>66798706
kobr and lebron would win without question

the only way messi and ronaldo can win s if they repeatedly headbutt kobe and james in the mouth and nose, then repeated headbutts while they are down on the floor
>>
>>66801463
You should have put the spanish instead of the british, and with the right map.
>>
>>66798609
you mean african athletes?
>>
>>66798609
Eventually they will ruin soccer for the world too, just like they ruined hockey for Canadians
>>
>>66812331
lol what
>>
>>66812666
I know, who am I kidding, but still, US gettin gud @ turfdiving would ratchet up the complaint posts and crymoars.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.