[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NFL Quarterback vs Champions League Goalkeeper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Can an NFL Quarterback score a "goal" by throwing a football into the goal vs a Champions League goalkeeper?

Lets say, 30 yards. If not, what distance could they throw it in at?
>>
You mean like in a proper game situation, with players everywhere? Then yes. If you mean a penalty no fucking way, PKs are at least twice as fast as a quarterback's throw. And if the quarterback has noodle arms, that's even worse.
>>
>>66795386
That's not true. Quarterbacks throw the ball at 80-90 km/h and an egg will accelerate quicker because of its shape (less air resistance) and weight. Egg's shape and size also make it harder to save

Any decent quarterback would have a 99% conversion rate from a penalty spot and would "score" on most throws within 25 yards of the goal
>>
>>66795511
Damn I just googled it, you're right. That's amazing I wouldn't have though they could throw it that fast with their arms.
>>
File: 1458364095986.png (564 KB, 889x498) Image search: [Google]
1458364095986.png
564 KB, 889x498
>>66795021

>mfw Brady gets the shitty Brazilian goalie to jump with one of his sick pump fakes and then just lobs it in
>>
Absolutely. Easy as hell. Just zip it into a corner at 60mph.
>>
i would rather see a goalkeeper vs placekicker, just to see if the kickers could hack it on a soccer field.
>>
>>66795021
30 yards? no chance, GK can see that coming way to easily
Throwing from the penalty spot would be more realistic and yes the QB could score (pretty easily).
From the 18 yard box however, that's a debate.
>>
>>66795996

From 18 yard, QB still wins with ease. Bullet pass, top corner.

Basically, it's once the distance goes beyond the QB's ability to bullet pass that it becomes a competition.
>>
>>66795021
Nah mate, he'd get booked for handball
>>
lets see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4
>>
It would be easier to catch because you're supposed to bring your hands closer together to catch a football, compared to a soccer ball where you don't want them too close for fear of it bouncing off, or too far apart for fear of the ball slipping through.

However, any QB would easily be able to throw a PK into the top corner. How hard is it for GKs to block those?
>>
>>66795568
>mfw Brady has the goal widened so he can win cus
He a cheater
>>
Goalkeeper would probably get pump faked hard desu

I'd like to think any starting QB could throw a bullet to either top corner

Then you have guys who can throw sidearm too
>>
File: 1459951132918.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1459951132918.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>66795021
>prime Brett Favre will never try this and break a goal keeper's hands
>>
>>66796806

Cringe.

>doesn't know basic grade 9 science
>>
>>66795511
>an egg will accelerate quicker
do you even physics
the ball or egg only decelerates after it leaves the hand
>>
>>66795021
Easily.
>>
>>66800494
This is correct, I'm retarded
>>
>>66795511
................. did you mean it would decelerate slower?
>>
>>66797143
>Brett does a 5 step drop back
>winds up
>unleashes a swirling spherical vortex
>defenders faces split apart at the air around the ball becomes daggers
>grass and soil are upturned as the ball nears the net
>ball is moving so fast the goaltender can't even comprehend whether to pray to god or move out of the way
>instinctively puts hands up to block it
>impact
>goaltenders hands, wrists, and arms explode in a red paste of viscera
>ball continues onward, colliding with his head
>cranium caves in causing instant death
>ball carries the lifeless corpse into the net
>Packer's defeat the Bears 4-0
>>
>>66800810
Vikings Favre is best Favre
>>
Something something something NFL gloves
>>
>>66795021

I could probably score. The wind up is way quicker than a PK run-up.

you could turn your body to one side of the goal and then throw it across your body to the opposite corners.
>>
>>66795021
Wouldn't that just be like playing catch?
>>
>>66795565
It's pretty cool, isn't it?

On that note, has anyone seen Ant-Man? It seems like a pretty funny one, but the reviews have a been a bit here and there.

I'm not that picky with movies, I just don't want to waste my money haha
>>
I said 30 yards you fucking retards. Didn't ask for PK. Read the post you fucks.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.