[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2nd of April 2016 >Messi with 499 goals in his career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: wtf is going on.jpg (44 KB, 552x368) Image search: [Google]
wtf is going on.jpg
44 KB, 552x368
>2nd of April 2016
>Messi with 499 goals in his career
>El Clasico at Camp Nou
>huge expection that he'll score his 500th there
>tribute to Cruyff by Barcelona
>40-something unbeaten streak
>an even bigger unbeaten streak at home
>match unfolds
>Piqué scores a header from corner
>Benzema equalizes it
>Real Madrid gets a player sent off
>Cristiano Ronaldo scores a late winner
>Messi is mostly invisible through game
>first leg of the CL league quarter-final: concede a goal to Torres at the first few minutes
>Torres gets expelled some time later
>Barcelona wins by a meager 2-1 against 10-men Atlético
>next game: Barcelona loses to Real Sociedad
>the title race in Spain closes up, what was once more than 10-points lead is now a 3-point lead
>back to the CL: Barcelona can't hold the lead, concede a goal early, then commits a penalty, loses by 2-0
>eliminated from the Champions League by Atlético de Madrid
>13th of April 2016
>Messi still hasn't got the 500th goal
>he hasn't scored or assisted in the last 5 games, his worst form in a decade

Is this some sort of curse? I could see them choking the league title away now.
>>
They're in bad form but don't overreact. They faced one of the best defences of the last 15 years tonight (2nd best after 2005 Chelsea in my opinion). Barcelona aren't playing a top half team for the rest of the league season and the players will finally get some rest with free mid weeks.
>>
>>66794840
Those Milan teams were pretty good
>>
They're in bad form but don't overreact. They faced one of the best defences of the last 15 years tonight (2nd best after 2005 Chelsea in my opinion). Barcelona aren't playing a top half team for the rest of the league season and the players will finally get some rest with free mid weeks.
>>
>the one brit who keeps trying to force the repeat reply meme
>>
>>66794807
Cruyff was literally cancer.
>>
>>66794840
holy shit

>still here in full damage control mode

you can't make this shit up
>>
>>66794840
They looked completely inept against Real Sociedad. Lucho was forced to sub Iniesta and Rakitic in to rescue and it wasn't enough.

I mean I've seen this team have "bad form" in so far as their finishing was poor and they were unlucky, but recently they've been plain uninspiring.

Might just be fatigue.
>>
File: museu4.jpg (74 KB, 690x470) Image search: [Google]
museu4.jpg
74 KB, 690x470
>Cruyff warned us about buying nerman
>Nerman acts disrespectul as fuck during Cryuff's memorial
>Barcelona is shit since then

amazing. absolutely amazing.
>>
>>66795086
>They looked completely inept against Real Sociedad. Lucho was forced to sub Iniesta and Rakitic in to rescue and it wasn't enough.
They've looked completely inept at the Anoeta every year for almost 10 years now. That's nothing new.
>>
>>66794840
>have no large players to score headers
>lose because no tikitaka when 11 opponents are in the box and no chance to score headers ecxept for Pique

They should grow.
>>
File: c2bff.jpg (54 KB, 665x335) Image search: [Google]
c2bff.jpg
54 KB, 665x335
it not rocket sience , whenever there is money , messi just loses his shit
>example ?
last time (before signing the 20m/year contract) , he went invisible because neymar , who recently joined , made almost the same as him who spent his entire life in barcelona
>ok great but what does that has to do with this situation ?
panama papers :)
>>
>>66795118

did this chucklefuck really show up to the memorial wearing a backwards baseball cap?

this is something you get your lights punched out for where i'm from
>>
>>66795194
>last time (before signing the 20m/year contract) , he went invisible because neymar , who recently joined , made almost the same as him
Neymar's contract leaked recently and he's massively underpaid at something like 7m a year. Messi was making over 50% more on his old contract.

>>66795158
The same was said about Pep's Barca and getting Ibrahimovic didn't work. I really don't think getting a target man is the answer here, I'd prefer a small, quick attacker to rotate with MSN to keep them fresh.

Also Suarez is very good with his head
>>
>>66795238
>believing tax dodging barcas official accounts

wew lad
>>
>>66795238
messi was making 10/12 a year when neymar joined :)
>>
imo Iniesta is getting old and you can't simply get a guy to replace what he does in Barcelona.

Also, Jordi Alba is shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (214 KB, 1367x849) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
214 KB, 1367x849
>>66795235
>>
>>66795270
Which just so happens to be over 50% more than what Neymar was making then (and still is)
>>
>>66795235
>>66795333
He is a favela monkey, what more do you expect?

Also, what is that triforce t-shirt Sandro is wearing?
>>
Barca must have somehow harnessed Cruyff's GOATism into an energy source, and now that he's dead Messi can no longer tap into it.

It's over guys, Messi is finished.
>>
>>66794840
Or maybe last year was just a fluke? When did Lucho show tactical master class? His Barca is only more flexible than Peps because he got Sharkman now.
>>
>>66795376
maybe he likes Zelda, who knows what footballers do in the free time desu?
>>
>>66795299
could see how much they missed xavi tonight as well
>>
>>66795333
>Munir pants
>>
>>66795473
honestly, those two could make any forward player look GOAT, not to say that Messi isn't good, but those guys were more instrumental in Barcelona success that Messi is/was.
>>
>>66795459
>Or maybe last year was just a fluke?
>a fluke treble
well that would be a first
>>
>>66795543
A treble with a team full of great players, while a lot other teams underperformed or had injuries. Your grandma could couch Barca and get at least 2th in La Liga and quarterfinals in CL. Afterwards it's a lot about luck and keeping Messi happy.
>>
>>66795333
>be a multi-millionaire footballer
>doesn't have the consideration of buying a suit to wear at a funeral

Lucho looks like he's straight out of the bar too, what the fuck
>>
>>66795640
they probably never even saw Cruyff playing, let alone have any respect for that man

Pretty sure they were just told to go and show respect
>>
>>66795527
>but those guys were more instrumental in Barcelona success that Messi is/was.
I'd say it's about even. Those three along with Busquets have been the key to success.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.