[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what exactly is wrong with playing defensively again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: Diego-Godin[1].jpg (146 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Diego-Godin[1].jpg
146 KB, 1000x563
you are literally a mouth-breathing, puddle drinking, slithering reptile with an iq of about 50 if you cannot enjoy a game where one team is playing defensively, or appreciate a good defensive performance
>>
>>66794133
But you're right.
>>
>>66794133
Plebs can't proclaim they're bandwagoning >le best team on history.
>>
>>66794133

2006 was literally the most boring world cup of all time thanks to the Italians.
>>
>>66794526
Thanks senpai, we did our best.
>>
>>66794133
People can't see the intricacies of Atleti's precision and excellence. It shows in how people equate them to the Chelsea team who won the CL. They were quite shit at defending.
>>
>>66794590
true, Chelsea were not that good tactically but they were driven by pure determination (and Cech was a beast)
Atleti are absolutely perfect
>>
>>66794133
>pile 8 men behind the ball and just hoof it when you win it back from the opposition.
just imagine if two teams tried to play each other like that.
>>
>>66794133
Atletico was actually impressive to watch particularly 1st half. Chelshit fluked their way to a CL trophy though.
>>
I love watching them because of how incredibly organized their defense is. It's honestly just as impressive as a great attack.
>>
>>66794632
we used to call it Serie A
>>
The way Atleti maintain their shape, the way the press viciously, the way they transition from defense to attack, the way every player relies on one another to be brilliant, no emphasis on individuals -- they're amazing, inspiring and Cholo Simeone is undoubtedly the best manager in the world.
>>
>>66794133
Barca played negatively for most of the 1st half, at one point a Barca player deep inside Athletico's half volleyed a ball back to the Barca goalkeeper.

I could only describe Baracelona's style of football, primitive. Their football is why the Goalkeeper is not allowed pickup a back pass rule was implemented, Barcelona belong in the 80's.

This season Suarez's back is injured from carrying the rest of the team. Without Suarez Barcelona would be an irrelevant team now sitting 3rd in La Liga and out of the CL after the 1st Round.
>>
>>66794133
Teams that play defensively are the ones that get tired quicker. Example? Juvenuts. They're one of the best defensive teams right now, but Bayern exploited that asset
>>
>>66794133
It's like no one remembers they couldn't score shit against PSV Eindhoven.
>>
>>66794526
it wasn't, I thoroughly enjoyed it. it was a good team who knew what they were doing. Euro 2004 though...
>>
>>66794526
WC 2006 was great, wtf you talking about?
>>
chelski fan?

i love great defenders, not negative play. football is a spectator sport and its also about entertainment.

you probably think >mouyes is goat
>>
>>66794924
90% of Italian goals came from set pieces. It was a meh-tier World Cup, not great, but there have been worse ones.
>>
>>66794133
>win 2-0
>stop playing defensive guise
>>
>>66794526
>>66794632
>>66794825
>>66794968

god i love normie tears.
>>
>>66794526
nah, it was 2002 with brazilian offensive at its prime

2006 was amazing
>>
thank you based neil lennon for showing everybody how to beat uefalona
>>
>>66794968
it was intense at least (talking strictly about Italy's campaign)
that semifinal in Dortmund is forever burned in my mind, much more clearly and vivd than the final itself
>>
my favourite games are when smaller teams park the bus against giants tbqh
>>
>>66795041
why did you even quote me, I liked Italy in WC2006
>>
it depends honestly
If you literally just park the bus and hope for a 0-0, the match can become quite boring, Man City vs PSG was an example of that AT TIMES. Sure it was a great show when MC got into the offensive, but most of the match was PSG holding possession and City waiting for mistakes. One could argue that all defensive teams play the same, but the disposition of each team changes based on what outcome is needed and this affects what type of show will be showcased, a nil-nil result is posed to be a slow and boring match.

Atletico's way of playing defensively involves the whole team trying to pressure the midfield while holding strong the defensive lines, which in itself is quite a feat to get working (and many people admire that from Simeone), since you need literally everyone to be on the same page. And also, a difference between City's game and Barcelona vs Atleti is the fact that offensively Atletico seems a lot more organized, so you can see some lovely team play of them. Both of the goals were the result of great offensive team plays.

In general, people don't have defensive teams, they just hate a poor show that ends up in a 0-0.
>>
>>66795253

PSG's passing

negative
negative
neutral
neutral
negative
positive
negative
positive

Change of possession.

PSG were awful and didn't play the match.

If PSG played positive attacking football then City would regain possession and attack, PSG did not want to slug it out with City, so therefore played keep ball.

The same with Barcelona, Barcelona insult their opponents by not playing the game, but rather manipulating the rules. They do this because they're weak.
>>
>>66795253
0-0 doesn't have to be boring, the suspense is much higher than with boring 3-0s. The problem with Man City vs PSG is that both are pretty shit. Atletico or Chelsea parking the bus against Barca was an absolute joy to watch. Hell, today they didn't even park the bus that much, in the first half they had many more shots on target while Barca passed in their own half.
>>
>>66795317
of course, I'm not trying to compare PSG to Barcelona there, just City to Atletico Madrid and the fact that they went into the match with different dispositions. City needed a 0-0 and Atletico needed to win the match. And those things showed in the games.
>>
>muh possession
>>
>>66795041
>normies
Do you even know what football is? I thought you only played minesweeper there
>>
Football is a fucking magic sport where a 3-3 could be a boring match and a 0-0 could be awesome, so they think it must be played like those inferior "sports" where each point scored actually represent 3 or some retarded number like 7 wtf. But the bandwagoners tears are delicious anyway, so let's enjoy it
>>
>>66794133
it depends how its being done, but obviously you have a point. A disciplined, hard-working defensive performance can be just attractive as free-flowing attacking play. Teams that just purposely take the air out of things and show no attacking ambition are pretty boring tho. They've admitted they can't compete in the spirit of the game so they try to minimize the amount of actual play going on.
>>
>>66794632
>argentinavsnetherlands2014wc.flv

Seriously, for a neutral viewer that must've been the most boring game ever
>>
>>66795107
Yeah, that game was one of the GOATs in my eyes
>>
This game was actually enjoyable to see. Something like Chelsea vs PSG first leg was fucking boring
>>
>>66794632
What game was this nigger watching? Athletico outflanked Barca in the 1st half. Barca played defensive football proxy Keep Ball.

Why are /tv/ so fucking ignorant about football?
>>
File: 665071_w2.jpg (106 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
665071_w2.jpg
106 KB, 656x369
did someone say playing defensively?
>>
Defense wins championships. Most people are obsessed with flashy play and the great goals, which are a great part of the game too, but I appreciate good defensive play which does not get the respect it deserves.
>>
>>66796530
Lester of 2004
>>
>>66796316
Zidane vs Brazil semifinal was probably a better show, Zidenine just carried everyone in his team and did it with great class
Germany vs Italy was more about the intensity and nerve breaking moments
>>
One of the most exciting games in recent memory imo

>2-0 scoreline S..St... Stop parking the bus guys derp herp
>>
Team who play defensive are boring and usually are forgotten after a few years

>Implying anyone remember old Italy teams
>Implying anyone remembers Chelsea gameplay
>Implying anyone remembers Inter gameplay

>After decades/years we still discuss about Sachi's Milan, 2000's RM, 70's Ajax-Buyern, 09 Barca, etc

tl;dr Playing defense is only fun for the hardcore fans of a team who wants a trophy. After that the team is never mentioned or remembered ever again
>>
>>66797215
Fuck off you stupid Texan cocksucker.
>>
>>66797215
>being this salty
Also its Sacchi.

Fuck off.
>>
>>66797261

great argument. You sure told me.
>>
>>66797215
i remember inter '11 sir
>>
>>66797215
greece winning the euro. holy shit that was so painful to watch.
>>
Atlético didn't even park the bus today, maybe a bit at the end. But Barcelona's possesion football was shit, they wasted so much time passing the ball on their own half before Greaseman's first goal
>>
>>66797215

Sacchi's Milan are remembered for their GOAT defence though
>>
>>66794133
Typical Euro's, they do not understand defense. Just look at what happened to them during WW2
>>
File: pearl_harbor.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1340) Image search: [Google]
pearl_harbor.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1340
>>66797400
>>
>>66797215
>Implying anyone remembers Chelsea gameplay
>implying their goal and stealing the treble from Buyern in their own stadium wasn't the most amusing moment in football
>implying Drogba wasn't godlike
>>
File: 1460498414068.jpg (45 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1460498414068.jpg
45 KB, 500x376
>>66797215
>mfw even on 4chan you constantly get humiliated
>>
>>66797543
desu Texas, we allowed that to happen to get into WW2
>>
>>66797328
>>66797571

what you guys remember is those team winning to attacking ones by scoring the only chance they had. In 20 years besides the title, nobody will remember them.

>>66797669

>even on 4chan

wut? eres retrasado?
>>
>>66797797
>by scoring the only chance they had
Which is why Inter put 3 goals past Barcelona at home
>>
>>66794632
Kek you should've seen Algeria vs Germany in the World Cup. Algeria literally had one guy do any type of attack for most of the match
>>
>>66797215
Nobody remember Arselel tho
>>
>>66797858

>scoring 3 because you are actually attacking is the same as scoring 3 when your opponent is playing his defense past the middle of the field because they are desperate looking for a goal

im okay with small teams like Greece in 2004 playing defence because they dont have better players to do much more, but for example a rich team like Chelsea hanging from the crossbar to win a game is disgusting. Im happy with Atletico today, but you have to admit no one would watch an entire season of defensive football. The only teams that perdure in history are the attacking ones.
>>
>>66797941
The Arsenil of last years might be remembered for serial bottling.
>>
>>66798087
They were KO'd this year as half their team was missing most of the season.

Without Messi and Suarez, Barcelona would struggle in La Liga while not making it out of the Group Stages of the CL.
>>
File: CZ9aF4wXEAAP1_i.jpg (67 KB, 600x409) Image search: [Google]
CZ9aF4wXEAAP1_i.jpg
67 KB, 600x409
>>66794133
If the other team dont give away possesion you'd be stupid to have half your team up the the other end of the pitch. Best to sit ina nd wait till you get it back.
>>
File: 1413093635446.jpg (10 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
1413093635446.jpg
10 KB, 181x182
>>66797797
>The only teams that perdure in history are the attacking ones.
>wut? eres retrasado?
>>
>>66798263

>"i will put a reaction image and quote him, that way i will prove hes wrong"

great argument faggot. Maybe you should go back to >>>/int/, people are missing there your faggotry
>>
>>66798467
>ONLY ATTACKING TEAMS PERDURE IN HISTORY, BECAUSE I SAY SO. NO, WINNING DOESNT COUNT. BECAUSE IT JUST DOESNT, OK?. I SAY IT ISNT REMEMBERED SO IT ISNT. YEAH?, WELL. NICE ARGUMENTING, FAGGOT.
This is how retarded you look, here and everywhere.
>>
>having actual defense
>not just relying on an in-form goalkeeper
>not enjoying losing 2-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRV1hZ0eCas
>>
>>66798638

>ONLY ATTACKING TEAMS PERDURE IN HISTORY, BECAUSE I SAY SO. NO, WINNING DOESNT COUNT. BECAUSE IT JUST DOESNT, OK?. I SAY IT ISNT REMEMBERED SO IT ISNT. YEAH?, WELL. NICE ARGUMENTING, FAGGOT.
>This is how retarded you look, here and everywhere.

lol, why are you so mad? The difference between me and you i use examples to point my arguments. Want other one? 1982 WC. Which team people remember more? Italy who won the title by catenaccio? Or that godly Brazil team with Socrates and Zico directed by Tele Santana? Probably the second one.

Why rather than being a gigantic douchebag you try to counter-argument me? The only one embarrasing himself is you. Keep crying bitch nigga.
>>
>>66798963
Ugh, you use the same arguments everywhere. I know who you are.

Just because you think people remember that brazil more than italy doesnt mean thats true. It means youre just a babby who doesnt know shit about football, other than wikipedia tier shit.
>>
>>66794825
Friendly reminder that if the cunts didn't dive we would have won that world cup
>>
>>66795162
you didnt like greece? against your "rivals" portugal? it was absolutely fantastic to watch nation after nation failing to penetrate the greek phalanx and getting so mad
>>
>>66794526
>Aussies

You're retarded, 2006 was the best cup since 2002. 2010 was kinda good and 2014 was a joke.
>>
>>66799387
>greece posting

Australia would have won the 2006 world cup 100% if it wasn't for the horrendous and blatant cheating in the Italy match.
>>
>>66799387
>2006 was the best cup since 2002
For refball, maybe. Italy where on that South Korean shit
>>
There's a difference between playing defensively and parking the bus. Sitting your team behind the ball and crowding out your own box, that's dull and negative. But if you look at how Atletico played tonight, or how Liverpool played last week, it's a different game. Pressing aggressively and holding a disciplined yet fluid shape all the way up the pitch makes for a much more entertaining defensive performance.
>>
>>66798963
All the faggots bitching about Italy going to be forgotten only make them more unforgettable.
>>
>>66794526
Italy is an illegitimate champion.
>>
>>66801336
Didn't they win the game and get the trophy and all that?
>>
>>66801451
Nope, was stripped from them.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.