[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a bigger fraud? Guy didn't even had it tough, his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: 1685204.png (33 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1685204.png
33 KB, 170x170
Is there a bigger fraud? Guy didn't even had it tough, his dad was in the NBA and he probably had all the resources and facilities he needed to growing up to chase his passion, while his opponents had to experience the roughness of the streets to make it out of the hood
>>
b8
>>
File: ghetto_ball.jpg (199 KB, 540x355) Image search: [Google]
ghetto_ball.jpg
199 KB, 540x355
>niggerballers get cucked out of their own sport by handsome young white boy
>>
File: 1455404967149.png (368 KB, 1011x1354) Image search: [Google]
1455404967149.png
368 KB, 1011x1354
>white people finally succeed at basketball
>it's a black guy in disguise
KEKED
>>
>>66784314
>condoning shortcuts

There is no story to his success, no struggle, no passion, no nothing. Just a privileged kid whose dad was in the NBA and peaking 5 years into his career and now he's supposedly "the GOAT"

Don't make me laugh
>>
>>66784279

He's mad because some the "street" black star athletes went to a school in the first world suburbs, got a bunch of special privileges, then a full ride to a top tier university where they got free everything and got to live like it was a resort 4 year vacation. Then they got some tats and drafted by the NFL. Those are the "real niggas" that "made it out the hood".
>>
He's not a fraud, he's just a player who blossomed later in his career.

The frauds are the people who consider him to be among the all time greats.

Fun Fact: all time greats were all good from the first or second year, without exception. Curry was a literal who for his first FIVE years. That means he is not an all time great, and people should just shut up about it.
>>
>>66784382
>Fun Fact: all time greats were all good from the first or second year
Kobe sucked until his 3rd year and didn't become a star until his 4th/5th year
>>
>>66784279
that's pretty funny, comming from someone living as a subject under a monarch
>>
File: 1349848824668.gif (942 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1349848824668.gif
942 KB, 240x180
>>66784279
>Guy didn't even had it
>>
dark skin nigga jelly
>>
Haters everywhere

I would say half of professional athletes are 'privileged' and wouldn't be professional athletes if the resources weren't available to them when they were younger
>>
You faggots don't get it. Sports is a working class thing, you have to juggle lots of hardships to make it.

Little Stephen here probably had a court yard in his garden practicing 3s all day while the family chef was cooking his clean meal. That's a luxury many people don't have, and I think it made it easier for him to get where he is today.

While other people had to give up sports, to live real life and have jobs so they could get by, this faggot just needed to focus on basketball and make it his priority day in, day out.
>>
>>66784460
>all time greats
>>
>>66784590
whaaa whaaa life isn't fair

jordan had two sons and they suck at basketball.
>>
>>66784590

>Sports is a working class thing

It is, but only to a certain point. Watching sports as a spectator is a clear-cut working class thing, but if you get scouted at the age of 7-8 by some FA scout, you pretty much leap from 'working class' to 'privileged' just because you have access to a good training facility and proper coaching

Even if a kid isn't privileged at home, if he's scouted he is privileged in terms of his athletic development, so the playing field pretty much evens out
>>
>sports is a working class thing
>what is golf
>What is tennis
>what is the quarterback position
>>
>>66784490
underrated filename
>>
Being the son of an NBA star makes it pretty easy to succeed if you want to follow in your dad's footsteps.

If growing up wealthy and having access to stellar coaching was all that it took to play in the NBA the league would be 90% white so privilege isn't everything.

I'm happy that Curry succeeded through living the Caucasian lifestyle because it stops the "we wuz" people from trying to claim cultural superiority.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 240x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 240x286
>British guy talking about experiencing the roughness of the streets to make it out of the hood
>>
>>66784279
Kobe's dad was also a basketball player, having good genes helps. That's why Larry Nance Jr will be DPOY in 3 years.
>>
>>66784287
/sp/ hates Curry more than any other athlete in the United States.
>>
>>66784590
>sports is a working class thing
>what is swimming, ice hockey, f1/indy car racing, horseback riding, polo etc.

pls stop posting
>>
File: a1.png (17 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
17 KB, 570x533
OP is obviously a troll
>>
>>66784490
She was bare skinny
>>
File: 1460374858847.jpg (79 KB, 960x945) Image search: [Google]
1460374858847.jpg
79 KB, 960x945
>>66784279
>my face when based Curry triggers niggers and cucks on /sp/

GREAT WHITE HOPE
>>
>>66784590

I always loved this attitude, because only working class people think this way. I had every possible advantage in my sport of choice; wealthy parents, good genetics, a wealthy high school with a good tradition in my sport of choice and a great coach with a consistent program and lots of resources. Good facilities, the best gear money could buy, healthy home cooked meals, expensive supplements, private coaching in the offseason, you get the picture.

In my sport, you compete with people head to head. A lot of the working class guys I competed with and against always embraced that identity; scruffy beards, long hair, no frills. On competition day, I would treat it like a business meeting; haircut the day before, fresh shave that morning, I even wore cologne to compete. And nothing was more fun than being the rich, clean shaven, pretty boy douchebag who put those working class boys in their place.
>>
>>66784603
>5 Championships
>MVP
>2x Finals MVP
>Second most all-star selections in NBA History
>Most first-team selections in history
>Third all time leading scorer
>Holds franchise records for every stat but rebounding, assists and blocks
>Second highest scoring performance ever
>Longest streak of 50+ point games
>Not worthy of great status

baka leaf
>>
>>66790696
I feel like Lebron is 4chan and Kobe is reddit. Kobe is kind of annoying and whiny while Lebron is just an all round bad ass. Has anyone else noticed the similarities between Kobe and reddit/Lebron and 4chan?
>>
File: 1441506383539.jpg (44 KB, 540x403) Image search: [Google]
1441506383539.jpg
44 KB, 540x403
I don't think you understand how pampered basketball "prospects" are in America.From the ages of 13 up to draft day even a player that turns out to be an invisible average player in the NBA is taken across the country and world to camps, clinics, training facilities, televised events, scouting events, tournaments and go to the best private schools in their area.Seriously, Every star in the NBA was once a teen being lavished in attention and preparation for the big league.You really think Lebron was just like any other high schooler?I bet you even the shittiest bench player in the NBA even went to a shit ton of skills camps sponsored by their Nike, McDonalds and Reebok overlords.This pretty much applies to every professional athlete.Today there is no such thing as a "built from the ground up" player I can find.If you can please tell me but it's just something I've noticed.
>>
>>66784279
>he doesn't have some sob story therefore I hate him

Jesus Christ
>>
>>66790995
No.
Fuck off you fucking child.
>>
>>66784279
>magic's son doesn't play
>jordan's sons are shit at it
>kobe has no son
It looks like all the stars have don't produce star players but all the roleplayers produce stars.
>>
>>66791527
>go to the best private schools in their area
I had classes with Paul George and I asked him why the fuck he is in Pete Knight(public) school when he could play somewhere better. He said because that shit is expense to play.
>>
>>66790995
who are facebook, twitter, and the youtube comments section?
>>
File: Y'all 4.jpg (106 KB, 416x431) Image search: [Google]
Y'all 4.jpg
106 KB, 416x431
>>66784590
Any professional athlete has had his ass kissed his entire life, from the time he was ridiculously better at his sport than every other kid in his county through high school and college. I admire any professional athlete who isn't a spoiled prick despite their upbringing.
>>
>>66792476
Dirk is google, Duncan is facebook, Stephen Curry is twitter, Wade is ratemypoo.com, Chris Paul is youtube comment section
>>
>>66784314

He's not white.

Listen to him speak.
>>
>>66784314
>>66793301
who cares, he's brilliant
>>
m question is why people are acting like steph is literally this entirely new kind of player that we've never seen before? he's scoring in similar ways that kobe did, but does a little more shooting than driving. he's a fantastic scorer, and some of his shots are straight up disrespectful, but we've seen players through each decade now that are able to score no matter what...so why is everyone acting like he's jesus?

jordan>kobe>curry

and this we'll see how long the curry spice will continue
>>
Kobe was raised with basketball in fucking Italy with both his father and uncle playing in the NBA. Now look at him.
>>
>>66793383

i havent seen too many people claiming curry is on the level of jordan or kobe, championships are generally considered the most important thing and curry still has a few championships to go before hes in that conversation

the most wild claim you see is that curry is better than lebron, which isnt that crazy if you're talking about individual seasons or postseasons
>>
>>66793383
Because it's resulting in way, way more wins than in Kobe's case? Are you deliberately being a retard by not knowing the obvious answer?
>>
>>66790995
Not at all. If anything reddit is Curry and 4chan is KG. Additionally, FB would be Kobe, Twitter is LeBron, and the YouTube comment section would be Josh Smith.
>>
>>66791527
it happens to Canadian hockey players who grew up in towns with a population of 600
>>
>>66793621
Kobe had some shit teams to lead.
>>
>>66790696
>holds franchise records in all stats except 3 of the only 5 which mean anything
>>
>>66793736
What does that have to do with anything being discussed right now? The reason people are acting like Curry is an entirely new phenomenon is because of the sheer amount of wins his play is resulting in.
>>
>>66784836
this tbqh fampai
>>
It's the training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2H1JpRzakQ
>>
>>66794448
It's more his team than him.
>>
>>66785916
2 of the things listed aren't sports
>>
>>66785916
actually, THREE of those things listed aren't sports
>>
>>66793301

Huh? If anything, his speech sounds white - not dindu/ghetto as fuck like most blacks.

It's ok, I understand you blacks are very insecure and in denial of the fact the best basketball player on the planet is once again white.
>>
Just because he didn't have to sell drugs to support his single mom and 9 siblings doesn't mean he didn't spend 900000000 hours shooting in the gym
>>
>>66785297
>England has no hoods
>>
>>66790995
Schools on break isn't it?
>>
>>66784279
>hard working player
>fraud because muh ghetto
This nigger logic is about as stupid as nigger logic
>>
>>66784590
>saying this while successful athletes come from shitholes in South America and fucking Ethiopia too

I'm lmaoing at your life
>>
>>66784279
This exactly, I can't really respect a sportsperson unless they grew up in some sort of poverty. Sport isn't about simply the ability and presence of the person in the game, instead it's about the person themselves.

Graduated high school?
Dropped

7th Grade Reading Level?
Dropped

What people don't realise is that true greatness can only be achieved from true suffering.

Fuck rich people.
>>
>>66801121
>some Ethiopian kid who eats once a week and runs with cactuses strapped on his feet thinks nigrish dindu "success story" is an ungrateful shit
>some nigrish dindu thinks some talented middle class kid is fake because he had both parents and new shoes
>some Western white poster compares the back stories between the animals that entertain them so they can feel good about supporting one over the other without doing a lick of work themselves
>pretending being within spitting distance of GOAT status isn't 100% earned by the individual
Is this.. Bourgeoisie ?
>>
>>66801304
>americans can't into sarcasm
>>
File: 1440923845452.jpg (124 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1440923845452.jpg
124 KB, 612x612
>>66799148
Is this a white family?
>>
>Scrawny faggot does well in the softest era imaginable

Wow who could have guessed
>>
>>66804068
Looks like it. Good on Curry for colonizing his wife
>>
>>66804124
At least he plays in the west with the rest of the competition though..
Lebeta can't even match those stats, while cruising to the finals each year because he plays in the babby east division.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.