[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steroids, HGH, and other PEDs in sports.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: canseco3.jpg (14 KB, 358x243) Image search: [Google]
canseco3.jpg
14 KB, 358x243
Why does America have this double-standard about PEDs in sports, when literally 90% of the NFL is juiced, while baseball almost didn't survive the Steroid Era? I say, let pro-athletes take PEDs under doctor supervision, STARTING from college-level sports. Look at the insane feats of strength, agility and guile that NFL players are pulling off. Literally somersalting over 8 6'5"+ linesmen, or just plowing through over 2000 lbs of meat to reach the goal line.

Yeah, now batting averages in the MLB are at their lowest levels since the 70s, and you only need 40 HRs to be the dinger king. And, if you get injured in the MLB? Tough shit, can't take any doctor-prescribed steroids! So, that means you're out for a season, instead of a couple months, because league rules are retarded.

The Steroid Era was the best era of baseball. The MLB recovered from the '94 strike BECAUSE of steroids. Who DOESN'T want to see Canseco steal 40 bases and hit over 50 homeruns in a season? Who DOESN'T want to see Mr. Wonderbread battle against a roided up Dominican in a dinger fest to smash an MLB record? Shit, if ballplayers could still juice, and take HGH, Barry Bonds would still be playing, and possibly reaching 100 HRs. Ball players would have longevity, and able to play well into their 50s, if not 60s. Why is baseball so fucking uptight?
>>
>>66773396
Because Steroids are for fucking loser. You don't need to juice

You have to Git gud m8
>>
Baseball players are held to a higher standard because Baseball, is America's sport.

NFL is what took over for boxing, that sport everyone watches just to see people get WREKT. No different than Monster Jam desu.

This same double standard exists for Olympic athletes, since they represent the country btw.
>>
the media likes things to be magical and pure so they can trot out faggot jim nantz to do a monologue and push reality under the rug
>>
>>66778948
Poignant
>>
For the record most people despise PED users, the NFL just has a stronger union to reduce PED suspensions.
>>
Trout is quite clearly roiding though
>>
File: roided.jpg (56 KB, 333x634) Image search: [Google]
roided.jpg
56 KB, 333x634
Chris Davis' jaw tells me PEDs are still alive and well in the MLB.
>>
>>66779428
kek, it's so fucking obvious

though desu I figure pretty much all players are on something, though it's obviously not as extreme as it once was or as it is in other sports
>>
Peyton Manning* took PEDs
>>
>>66779501
>though it's obviously not as extreme as it once was or as it is in other sports

Which is the entire point of them being against the rules. You spend all your effort designing drugs that avoid detection instead of creating Captain America
>>
>>66779428
Just looks like he gained ten pounds. Pretty easy to do with a decent strength regimen.
>>
>>66779793
That looks nothing like 10 extra pounds, and his jaw is multiple inches wider
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.