[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Original Dindu Nuffin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 320x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 320x468
The Original Dindu Nuffin
>>
how did this manlet make it in the nba
>>
>>66769709
By following his dreams and never giving up.
>>
>>66769709
manlets are the master race
>>
>Iverson changed the game

what kind of revisionist horseshit is this?
>>
>>66770025
He crossed over Michael Jordan you millennial dyel newfag.
>>
>>66770025

introducing shitty half court isoball which stunk out early 2000s NBA
>>
>>66770660
He balled hard though.
>>
Can someone explain why people hate on Kobr for being a low efficiency ball hog while worshipping Iverson who was way worse in that regard?
>>
I still don't know how AI dragged an godawful 76ers team to an NBA Finals appearance. Just bizarre
>>
File: hard in the paint.jpg (48 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
hard in the paint.jpg
48 KB, 640x640
>>66772624
>>
>>66769644
>Original

That would be OJ, kid
>>
>>66770660
>introducing shitty half court isobal

Jordan, for as good as he was, inspired all that bullshit. Iverson was just the best of the Jordan wannabes of that era.
>>
>>66772784
Iverson crossed over MJ though.
>>
>>66772722
>AI got the 76er's to the Finals
This alone warrants HoF induction
>>
>>66772814
That was a meme play and Iverson even went on record saying he got lucky
>>
>>66772676
One carried a team to the Finals and stole a game against one of the greatest teams of all time, while the other bitched out and essentially ran arguably the GOAT center from out town and couldn't carry his team for shit until he got an elite big man.
>>
>>66769644
So in this documentary it says his high school won state in basketball AND football and he played QB and ran back kicks and shit. Is that true?
>>
>>66772854
>an elite big man
Mutombo was literally the DPoY the season when they went to the finals
>>
>>66772907
What flag even is that? A candycane?
>>
>>66772963
>Doesn't know what Poland is

Seriously?
>>
Hi guys I'm from /pol/, your memes are really weird
>>
>>66772963
Protip: if you hover your cursor above the flag, 4chan will you show you the name of the country

now even Americans can learn some geography :^)
>>
>>66772907
You know who else was a great defensive center for a Finals team? Ben Fucking Wallace. Do you consider him an elite Center too?

Being DPoY =/= being elite, ESPECIALLY if you offensive game is hot garbage. If AI didn't score 30, the 76er's got blown out.

31.1 ppg
12.4 ppg
11.7 ppg
11.6 ppg
9.8 ppg

Those are the top 5 scorers on that 76er's team the year they went to the finals. If that isn't carrying a fucking team I don't know what it.
>>
>>66769644
But the documentary the guy who raised him seemed super racist and kept talking like white people were against them.
>>
>>66773091
>Do you consider him an elite Center too?
Uhmm, obviously. He was one of the best defenders of the last 15 years.
>>
>>66772796
if jordan went 1 on 1 with himself he would probably cross the shit out of himself too desu
>>
>>66773091
>Ben Fucking Wallace. Do you consider him an elite Center too?

Yes, just the polar opposite of Shaw
>>
>>66773129
>>66773195
For me an Elite player is someone you can use as a franchise cornerstone. Neither Motombo or Wallace could be the cornerstone of a franchise, period. Excellent complementary pieces, but being a #2 at best makes it hard to be considered elite imo. They are both Great players though, don't get me wrong.

And to further prove my point, AI took essentially the same 76er's team to the playoffs and lost to the Pacers in 6 games, said Pacers who ended up losing to the Lakers in the NBA Finals that season.

I genuinely don't understand how people can argue that AI didn't carry that team. No one who saw them play would attempt to argue that. Hell Larry Brown has come out and said multiple times that AI carried that team. You take AI off the 76er's and they are a lottery team, competing for the worst record of all time. You take Motombo off that team and while they don't make the Finals, they don't really get that much worse.
>>
No player is truly great in the NBA unless they won a ring. I dont care how many they won, just as long as they have one.

Iverson was garbage to watch. It was just iso ball bullshit and his retarded egotistical attitude.
>>
>>66769709
He wasn't a pussy
>>
File: 1452716588691.jpg (24 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1452716588691.jpg
24 KB, 500x400
>>66773737
So Adam Morrison is great and AI is not according to your retarded metric. Congrats on being retarded.

What would you have had him do, pass to his teammates? None of whom could create space or their own shot off the dribble, none of whom could shoot particularly well at ANY range.
>>
>>66772898
Yes. He was better at football but he obviously didnt have the body to pursue that after high school.
>>
>>66773737
>I'm 13 and watch First Take before mom takes me to school.
>>
>>66773438
No one is saying he didn't carry the team. What we're saying is that it's not some GOAT achievement.

First of all, the team had some very good role players and a HoF coach. They would probably struggle to make the play offs without Iverson's offense but stop acting like they were the 15/16 76ers, that was an alright team with a great foundation for an elite 1 on 1 scorer.

and second of all, the post Jordan Eastern Conference was a fucking crap shoot. Just look at other teams that made the finals in those years. The 8 seeded Knicks, the Pacers with Jalen Rose and a geriatric Reggie as their best players and the Jason Kidd show that were the New Jersey Nets.

There were shit teams making the Finals every single season in that era so a pretty crap 76ers team being there isn't really out of ordinary. I'd say that Kidd taking those Nets to consecutive finals is more impressive than Iverson making them once.
>>
>didn't win a ring

well at least he won a high school football state championship ring.
>>
>>66770508
that's the highlight of his career, a game that he lost. Pretty much sums up Iverson, look cool while losing and not playing the right way,
>>
>>66772722
the East sucked big time, the NBA was also boring. The only good teams were 76ers, Nets, Lakers, Spurs, Kings.
>>
>>66769644
This documentary completely whitewashed Iverson's terrible decision-making since retiring. He actually has wasted the vast majority of his fortune and they treat it like tabloid rumor that didn't actually happen

Reebok had to give this nigger a trust fund so his dumbass wouldn't blow through it all before 40 and now he might not even be able to collect that

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/06/allen-iverson-not-able-collect-entire-32-million-reebok-trust
>>
>>66777130
Iverson was an unprofessional, uncoachable, talented small guy. His height should have required him to be a PG but because he wants to shoot and dribble he played SG. So now the 76ers have 2 small guards on defense because A.I. wants to shoot.
>>
>>66774639
Did you actually watch that 76er's team that went to the finals? Be honest man. The numbers posted in >>66773091 were just for the regular season. Here are the Top 5 scorers for the 76er's in the playoffs:

>making the finals with AI and essentially 8 6th men
vs
>A team with balanced scoring that forced the opposing team to stay honest to everyone on the floor vs a literal one man team

Find ONE player who took a team to the finals with such a huge disparity between their scoring and the 2nd highest ppg on the team. Protip: You won't find one. Damn the haterade is strong in this thread.
>>
>single handily destroyed man to man basketball

>carried 67 year old motumbo and a bunch of bench players to the nba finals
>>
>>66777979
That's why nobody disputes how good A.I. was, but you could easily dispute how great he was. Look how his career ended up after Philly. Denver, Memphis, Detroit, back to Philly all while accomplishing nothing. He played like D Rose and that's why his success was so short. Relied too much on his first step and being able to take a hit while driving to the basket. Never developed a trust-your-teammate ability a la MJ and Kobe
>>
yall talkin bout practis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tknXRyUEJtU
>>
>>66778422
NOT A GAME
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.