[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more pathetic and poorly run franchise in all of sports?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: NewYorkKnicks.png (97 KB, 348x286) Image search: [Google]
NewYorkKnicks.png
97 KB, 348x286
Is there a more pathetic and poorly run franchise in all of sports? Seriously how do they have fans? They don't deserve them

>t. ex-Knicks and NBA fan
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 700x531) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 700x531
>>66753146
>Is there a more pathetic and poorly run franchise in all of sports?
I don't know if I've ever seen such a stupid question before
>>
>>66753175
I posted the wrong pic and it ruined the potential in my post. It was going to be so good too.
>>
>>66753146
The answer is no. A lot of people will cite the Cleveland Browns, but in the case of the Knicks, you're talking about the biggest market team in the NBA. A team that plays in what is considered the "basketball Mecca" and is supposed to be a destination for free agents. A team who had a draft lottery rigged for them in 1985. And despite all of that they have not won a championship in 43 fucking years. The Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA.
>>
>>66753175
Good for her
>>
>>66753146

Yes, the Sixers exist
>>
I don't know. I'd say the Browns but they seem to slowly get their shit together. The 76ers at least follow some sort of plan. The Kings maybe? The Dolphins?
>>
>>66753146
marlins and browns
>>
File: Aston_Villa.svg.png (77 KB, 732x1024) Image search: [Google]
Aston_Villa.svg.png
77 KB, 732x1024
>>
>>66753251
The Sixers are actually trying to rebuild and have had multiple successfully teams and championships

Plus Philly is not as attractive as NYC.

Most importantly the 76ers don't charge their fans a fortune to see a garbage team
>>
>>66753229
>The Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA.
This is such a cliched term but it is absolutely true here.
>>
How do knick fans keep going? After all these years of nothing how do you have hope in the future?
>>
>>66753537
>how do you have hope in the future?
I don't
>>
>>66753546
Why would you root for The Knicks? You're a foreigner you can pick any team you want.
>>
>>66753563
I was literally born in Brooklyn
>>
I remember about halfway through the season there were delusional retard Knocks fans all over /sp/ claiming they were a playoff team. Hahahaha faggots.
>>
>>66753271
JUST
>>
>>66753582
Were you one of those Greenpoint Polskas?
>>
>>66753146
>Astros
>Texans
>Rockets

Pick three.
>>
>>66753624
all those teams have been in the playoffs recently
>>
>>66753623
Where else, but my parents only stayed there for ~3 years
>>
>>66753624
Neither of them have the history or market of the Knicks

New York is literally the biggest marekt in the country and some of the greatest basketball talent in history has come from NYC
>>
>>66753646
This. It's fucking embarrassing that they're not yearly title contenders, let alone to not have one a title in decades.
>>
>>66753646
that's debatable. Name a top-10 all timer from NYC. I think New York fags are a little delusional about that based on the street ball playground crap. The best NYC player active right now is Lance, and that's not saying much
>>
>>66753229
> the Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA
Not even close. They at least made it to NBA finals a couple times didn't they? The fucking Clippers are a bigger joke than they can ever be, but you wouldn't know that cus you've only been watching basketball for 4 years.

The biggest jokes in today's basketball are the nets and kings. Two money hungry foreign owners who think it's takes 2 years to rebuild, yet still have garbage players every year
>>
Organizations win titles, and the Knicks have always been about as inept as they come.
>>
>>66753678
Not from NYC, NY state.
>>
>>66753678
Carmelo is the Best New York native playing
And what other city in the country has had over 300 people come from it to play in the NBA
>>
>>66753705

Brooklyn ahs accomplished as much in it's three year existence there (2nd round playoffs) than the Knocks have in the past two decades.
>>
>>66753732
The Knicks have gone to the 2nd round in 2013
>>
>>66753729
sorry forgot Melo, probably because he didn't play HS ball in the state.
>>
>>66753754

That's what I said, Nets have done the same
>>
>>66753763
But he played for SU
>>
>>66753646
>none of them have the history or market of the Knicks

History? No.

Market? Fourth largest city, 11th largest media market. And the every team is run like they're in fucking Kansas City. It's embarrassing.

And the Knicks don't have much history either, over the last 20 years, in case you haven't noticed.
>>
As a Knicks fan honestly the only one might be the cubs but they at least are pretty good right now.

Dolan is the worst owner ever and this team was built like shit. I'm just hoping porzingis gives us something to watch

I mean kings have a longer drought but do they even have fans?
>>
>>66753839
The Knicks are 70 years old and along with The Celtics the only original team that never moved
>>
This only applies to the Dolan era desu
>>
>>66753646
>some of the greatest basketball talent in history has come from NYC

what difference does it make?
>>
>>66754166
It's just embarrassing that their team sucks. Like if England or Brazil had a bad soccer team
>>
>>66753271
They're not prepared any more.

>>66753285
Sixers just fired the only person with a plan. They're committing to having chimpout players that will never develop into their own potential.
>>
My grampy is born and raised in Queens and he always said the Knicks were a joke. He supports all New York teams but the Knicks. He roots for St. Johns for basketball
>>
>KNOCKS
>>
>>66753271

DELTE THIS
>>
The Vancouver Grizzlies were run so poorly they no longer exist.
>>
>>66753705
The league literally wants the Knicks to be a dynasty, yet they haven't managed to win a title in almost 50 years and they didn't win a single playoff game for over 10 years. In 2014, they hired Phil fucking Jackson and kept Carmelo Anthony. After that, going into the 2014-15 season, they had hopes of a deep playoff run. By mid-January, they were 5-36. These guys were actually trying and went 5-36. The Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA.
>>
new yorkers actually have other shit to do besides rooting for a team
>>
>>66753146
The leafs
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.