[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good was he /sp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: ferguson.jpg (239 KB, 2197x1464) Image search: [Google]
ferguson.jpg
239 KB, 2197x1464
How good was he /sp/?
>>
the goat
>>
probably the GOAT
>>
the GOAT tßh
>>
>2 CLs in 25 years
>>
Greatest manager in history.
>>
>>66748046
>>66748084
So why did you even ask?
>>
Best ever.

t. Leeds fan
>>
>>66748082
And both came down to luck.
>>
>>66748099

>Ireland fleg is one person

Bilal pls
>>
Probably the best ever. He could get the best out of players like no other.
>>
File: ip counter.jpg (51 KB, 665x572) Image search: [Google]
ip counter.jpg
51 KB, 665x572
>>66748114
New ip count, your post didn't show up.
>>
Not Don Shula/10
>>
>>66748138
pikey btfo
>>
sub-Lombardi/10 tbqh familia
>>
>>66748138
Funny thing is the guy you're responding to isn't me.
>>
>>66748046
>never won a lombardi trophy
>good
>>
made Manchester United the most plastic, massive piece of shit in the world

glad >Moyes and van Laal came to flush the turd
>>
The second greatest manager of all time. Only behind Ranieri, desu.
>>
>>66748046
His will to win was incomparable.

His ability to inspire and motivate players is unrivalled across any sport.
>>
he won the Scottish Prem 3 times and the cup winners cup once with Aberdeen
won the EPL every other year for 27 years
>>
>>66748104
European Trophy with Aberdeen luck also?
>>
>>66748212
You can't blame that on the manager
>>
>>66748046
tactically as inept as wenger
>>
Good but not the greatest ever by far like mancs think
>>
Definitely the greatest.

How he won the title in his last year with that squad I'll never know. That in itself is a massive achievement.
>>
Literally the ability to get players like Silvestre, John o Shea and West Brown to win premier league titles and to look like competent footballers is just unbelievable.

The ability to turn 5/10 players into elite winners just through the power of motivation is just incredible. There's not another in any sport ever that has come close
>>
>>66750882
>Silvestre
Not sure I'd call him a 5/10 player. You didn't get on the France team in the early 2000s by being just ok.
>>
>>66748046
a good literal manager, shit in understanding tactics. he should have won at least 3 champions league titles, but he faced much better managers like hitzfeld, mourniho, ancelotti, and del bosque.
>>
File: fergie2.jpg (53 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
fergie2.jpg
53 KB, 480x480
Define me how "good" you need to be to "dominate" a "league" where you get constantly helped by the FA and the Referees
>>
>>66752499
Also he started getting real good at CL football during his later years. If only Xavi, Iniesta and Messi didn't exist he would probably have at least one more CL trophy.
>>
>>66748104
Oh, so are we discounting lucky wins and are we adding unlucky defeats?

Because by that logic Fergie won 6 CLs considering all the bullshit referee decisions gone against his teams over the years.

>Fletcher red
>Nani red
>Rafael red
Just from the top of my head...

Also, it's not luck that John Terry didn't have the bottle or the courage to step up and kick a ball 12 yards.

That's part of the game. You need winners, not pathetic bottlers.

What was luck, was that Chelsea were still in the tie after 90 minutes after United rattled the post, the bar and had 3-4 efforts cleared off the line during the match.
>>
>>66749552
best squad in the league you mean? created carefully by him over years and years and by
spending money wisely?
>>
>>66748046
Won the CL twice without Barca money, won countless EPL's when English teams were actually good, wasn't afraid to get rid of South American/European players when they inevitably became giant faggots no matter how good they were.

Is there any more to say?
>>
>>66753244
>Ferguson won without money
That's a meme. Stam was the most expensive defender of all time and so was Ferdinand. Ronaldo was the most expensive teenager in England, Hughes and Pallister were expensive as fuck by late 80s standards, Roy Keane and Andy Cole were both signed for 50% of the world transfer record back then and Dwight Yorke wasn't much cheaper than Ronaldo. Then came Veron who was like the 5th most expensive transfer ever at the time and Wayne Rooney - the most expensive teenager ever at the time.

United were always rich and were spending like crazy in the 90s and early 00s.
>>
Probably the best man manager ever, made players like Park or Carrick look competent and up to this day manurians think Darren fucking Fletcher was genuine world class talent, so there's that.

Tactically inept, he relied on bullying Tractor FC and referees to win leagues, while constantly getting found out for over 20 years in europe.
>>
>>66753440

he means United never had Barca's tax accountants and control of the Barcelona public treasury
>>
>>66753630
So more memes, alright.
>>
>>66753630
Learn something about Ronaldinhos signing and how uncle Fergie thought Barça was so poor (what was true) that he could make fun of PSG while signing him.
>>
>>66753671
>tfw I remember when we narrowly missed out on signing Ronaldinho
>tfw we signed Cristiano Ronaldo instead

Yes Fuchs Yes
>>
>>66752661
yes I'm sure Fletcher being eligible for the '09 final would've made the difference lol

>nani red
>unfair

>rafael red
>unfair
>not just an inexperienced kid being an inexperienced kid
>>
>>66753244
>Won the CL twice without Barca money

genius roleplaying
>>
>>66748046
overhyped fag, as epl itself
>>
Terrible, he thought Chicharito was good.

That should clear it all.
>>
>>66750981
You should've seen him at Arsenal.
>>
more than decent, i liked how he went on a "long-term" base more than a quick-result one.
>>
>believing the tactically inept meme
>rating him based on his ability to win fucking knockout competitions

holy fuck is everyone in this thread american
>>
>>66749486
name better, Svenwan
>>
>>66752754
>best
>cleverley
>anderson
>>
GOAT

/thread
>>
File: 1450726128913.jpg (17 KB, 321x303) Image search: [Google]
1450726128913.jpg
17 KB, 321x303
>Le play like shit the whole match
>Le win-it-in-the-closing-seconds man
>literally happened so often they named it "Fergie Time"
G-G-GOAT OF ALL TYMMME
>>
>>66748046

He stayed there for 20 something years. Managed to win 2 CL (both by blind luck) and some here and there but not consistently the English League. I think even Blackburn Rovers beat him up to the title one year.

Well.... "the goat", indeed.

>mfw one guy stays for over 25 yrs as manager of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, etc and all he gets is 2 CLs and some leagues here and there...
>''''''''remarkable''''''''
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.