[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I really like these Warriors ratings. Make sure to keep the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Silver.jpg (26 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Silver.jpg
26 KB, 630x420
>I really like these Warriors ratings. Make sure to keep the record alive as long as you can. This is must watch tv.
>>
>>66710046
Memeiors are the Lelkers of the 00's
>cheated the Blazers
>cheated the Kings
>cheated the 76ers
>>
This whole season has been played out brilliantly. Notice how the Warriors have only lost to bad teams. Milwaukee, Detroit, Portland, Minnesota... this is all to generate a bit of buzz in cities that otherwise wouldn't get much attention (and thus money). The timing of these losses was also clever; Golden State had the huge winning streak at the beginning of the year to get people's attention. It's all lead up to these last few weeks where *gasp* Steph Curry needs to win every single game in order to have chance at beating the record! Don't forget to tune in!

It's so transparent. So clear. This went on for decades with Stern, and clearly isn't stopping with Silver. You don't need a tinfoil hat to see the obvious truth. This isn't some groundbreaking flat-earth conspiracy. It's basic logic; the NBA wants more money. How do they get more money? Generate artificial hype. Lebron is past his prime, and it's as exciting to watch as he was in Miami. So it's out with the old and in with the new. Curry is the perfect specimen for fabricated stardom. Young, slender, confident... a man who possesses a very unique approach to the game. Lebron was meant to be a Jordan 2.0 - but that level of athleticism and competitive fire cannot simply be reproduced, no matter how much you market it. Steph you can sell, though, because there's no one else like him.

The Warriors will win 73 games. Then they'll beat San Antonio in 6. Then Cleveland in 7. Lebron will miss his last-second three pointer. You and I already know how the story ends. Talk next year of a three-peat. More drama in Cleveland. Same old, same old.
>>
>>66711264
If LeBron don't win the ship with Cleveland im done for good. Ill post my suicde note full of memes
>>
>>66711326
Don't worry man. I figure that Silver is going to give Lebron his ring in Cleveland next year. It all checks out. Golden State wins 73 and the championship this year. Going into next year, there's talks of them being the greatest team of all time. Steph Curry continue to put up incredible numbers. Meanwhile there's more drama than ever in Cleveland, and rumors that this might be Lebron's last season in Ohio. The Cavs start out rough, but eventually pick up some steam going into the last quarter of the season. They barely make it into the playoffs. Lebron goes off and makes it to the NBA finals for the third year in a row with the Cavs. They are up against - you guessed it - the Warriors, who are looking for a three-peat. Cleveland gets a 3-2 lead. Silver turns on the rim magnets so Lebron can hit a last-second shot to win the game in Cleveland. Pandemonium ensues. Yawn. I'm getting bored just describing this to you. It writes itself, and you know it's going to happen.
>>
>>66710046
>based jews deciding what is best
>>
oy vey
>>
Pro tip you fucking red assed faggots. Pro sports are rigged.
>>
>watching giant, stupid, ugly, criminals run around a small court with a ball.
>>
>>66711477
Why even watch sports if you think this is all true.
Maybe we are idiots for not seeing the "truth" like you do - but if you see that it's all a fix, why in fuck are you still watching??
>>
>>66712510
I do think the NBA does things to influence games. Look at the preferential treatment the star players get when it comes to foul calls. Jordan got so many phantom fouls in his career. Also the draft lottery.
>>
>>66712712
It's funny when you think about stuff like this...but then you realize the narrative can be written a million other ways. Another way the NBA can "rig" things would be to have the thunder and Russell Westbrook storm in the finals ala Dwayne Wade. Besides if what you are saying is so simple to predict I want to know why the Spurs have so many titles and why teams like the Knicks and 76ers dont. Especially when it's all about maximizing profit and hype right?
>>
>>66712919

Yeah u do have a point
>>
>>66711326
>cleveland sports team
>winning anything
lol
>>
Blazers will knock them out second round m8s.

Lillard's the only PG that can keep up with Curry in a shootout.
>>
>>66714067
l m a o

>implying the NBA will ever allow Portland win the title
Wasn't 2000 enough of a hint for you?
You're one of the smallest markets in the league and have no advertising/marketing opportunities and no stars in their right mind would choose to play for you. Lillard is a nobody. He's merely another decent chucking PG on a bad team with over-inflated stats, like Gilbert Arenas or Steve Francis.
>>
>>66714124
nba aint rigged you tinfoil faggot

explain the spurs then
what does san antonio offer the NBA?
>>
NBA threads should be moved to /asp/ just like pro wrestling. They're both fake sports driven by storylines/narratives with evil Authority figures in charge
>>
>>66714306
Illusion of parity.

San Antonio is a shitty small market but the NBA can't have just the big names dominating or people will get suspicious. San Antonio acts as the lucky chosen team that wins consistently every year so fans in small markets have an incentive to keep watching in hopes that one day their team could be like the Spurs.
>>
>>66714330
lmao okk what about the thunder?
>>
>>66712919
If the Lakers and Knicks won it every single year, even the stupidest of NBA fans would eventually figure it out. Making Golden State their new championship team was brilliant. It's still in California, so everyone there will eat it up. Market sizes don't matter in the NBA, because literally everyone bandwagons teams regardless. In basketball, more than any other American sport, it is socially acceptable to bandwagon other teams. In fact, it is very much encouraged to bandwagon. This is Stern's legacy.
>>
>>66714355
OKC hasn't and will not win a title.
>>
>>66714413
ok nostradamus

btw nobody made golden state anything.
They have been an up and coming team for years. Do you remember that splash brothers playoff series vs the spurs?

I know you will twist your narrative around anything that happens in the playoffs anyways. Lets say for example the spurs miraculously beat the warriors in 7. You will prob say its an "illusion of parity" and proclaim the warriors will win the next year.

Tbh the NBA, unlike other teams sports, can be dominated by single players at times which makes it hard for teams without superstars to compete.

This doesn't mean the sport is rigged..it just means that its biased towards players with superstars. I am curious to see what you come up with when you see the Timberwolves, and Bucks dominating the playoffs in a few years.
>>
If it were strictly decided by market size the Knicks, Lakers, and Bulls would be the only teams winning.
>>
>>66714560
Also Clippers.
>>
>>66714560
Why are you pretending like the Bulls and Lakers don't have a fuckton of titles? The Celtics and Lakers have 33 fucking titles m8 that's literally almost as much as the rest of the league has fucking won combined, add in Chicago and SA and that's 44. San Antonio is a smaller market but still has plenty to offer.

The Knicks and 76ers DO have titles its just when the league was old and they've been run so inept that the league can't save their current iterations. But it doesn't matter because Miami was good, and now Golden State is good.

If you're going to tell people the NBA didn't blatantly rig to give Ewing to the Knicks or rig the lottery to give Cleveland all those picks so LeBron would go back then you're retarded.

>>66714355
The Thunder never won shit and won't when Durant leaves to either "go home" to Washington or go to some contender like, coincidentally, the Celtics
>>
I don't think the NBA is rigged I think the regular season is long and teams take nights off/are tired on long road trips and play horribly.

They also know going into the playoffs who has any chance of winning. This isn't the NFL where a WC team can take the super bowl.

This year out of 16 playoff teams only Golden State, Cavs, Spurs, and Thunder have any shot of winning it all. Everyone else is window dressing.

The thing with the NBA is that everything that they do great the NCAA does terribly. Nobody ever accused a NCAABB came of being high scoring and full of showmanship.
>>
>>66714394
why did you pick the knicks when they haven't won since '73?
>>
It's either going to be as Cavs/Warriors or Spurs finals.

No one would watch the finals if LeBron didn't come out of the East
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.