[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leaders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: puyol3.jpg (54 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
puyol3.jpg
54 KB, 656x369
Why doesn't spee rate leadeship? It's as important as quality and there are just a few natural leaders nowadays.
>>
>shouting and screaming
>>
>>66688367
How do you really know who the great leaders are anyway, unlesss your in or directly around the team daily. Arbitrarly looking in from the outside and calling someone a great leader is fucking retarded
>>
>>66688457
Nah, it's actually easy to know it, they use to give it all, and they talk with the ones that don't.

>>66688383
t.Eetu, the one who never played in a team.
>>
>>66688367
It's impossible to quantify or observe directly, makes discussion close to pure conjecture.

You're right though. There are plenty of talented teams that lack leaders or whose leaders have been rendered ineffective my shitty managers. It's a valuable piece of the puzzle.
>>
>>66688367
bc /sp/ can't watch every game in every league so they resort to memes and rehashed reddit opinions to paint entire leagues and styles of play with a big, sloppy brush.

For example, Masche and Ramos are legit leaders as good as anyone, except one isn't even a center back and the other is occasionally sloppy. Puyol was brilliant for club and country; Pique is simply a faggot.
>>
>>66692868
Pique isn't a leader tho he's sti too young and childish from time to time.
Usually the person wearing the captain's band is the leader iwhich would be Iniesta.
>>
because it's overrated as fuck

look at Germany 2014, a team full of beta, shy fuccbois and they still won
>>
f
>>
>>66693957
Pique is almost 30 y/o and should be a leader in both Barca and Spain's defense, but he prefers to run his mouth on twitter. He gets a pass for the former bc they're so dominant, but will he look silly playing for the latter this summer.
>>
>>66694067
>Neuer
>Scheintsteingger
>any of that
>>
>>66694067
also, Argentina didn't have leaders either
>>
Because "leadership" can't be reduced to a statistic for the armchair managers and autists to obsess over
>>
>>66688367
It is important if you are rating meme players
>>
>>66695330
>just because he is a defender and old he is the leader

Just because you are defender and starts to scream to your team mates doesn't make you a leader.
>>
>>66695457
And what is masche if not a leader?? Even his teammates in the nt said that when he speaks, everyone shuts his mouth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFDJu1XXu2I
>>
>>66695566
a manlet
>>
>>66695533
Is more about that he was expected to be a leader because Puyi was one and Pique learned a lot from him, or so he says.
>>
Because the new-age sports fan is obsessed with statistics. They don't understand that there are people and contributions behind the statistics that make "the stars" the players they are.
>>
>>66695620
he can learn as a defensive mindset, not a leader.

He is not even a good CB to go around screaming orders like some autistic kid in a playground.

It is just like that fat kid that played as GK, and in the end of the match when everyone was tired started to scream because the defenders weren't marking well enough, it is the same stuff.
>>
>>66695577
Insecure fitizen detected

>>66695566
Yeah, he's basically not officially the captain because AFA are dumb. They seem to think the bad times in 2010-11 were due in part to his captaincy, even though anyone with a brain knows it was because of shit tier managers like Maradona and Batista.
>>
>>66695533
he's not "old," but at the appropriate age and with more than enough experience to be a "leader"--hence my response to>>66693957

I agree with >>66695620 in that Pique was expected to take over the leadership centerback role from Puyol.

Both Ramos and Pique have tons of experience and skills, but should should (imo) assert themselves more as "leaders" for their clubs. The Spanish NT is another story. I'll let los tíos opine on that matter.
>>
>>66695635
Absolutely agree, anon. This falls in line with my previous comment: >>66692868
>>
>>66688367
Because it's impossible to judge without being a part of the locker room. Screaming on the pitch doesn't mean you're a good leader.
>>
>>66695931
This.
Take Lahm for example.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.